PDA

View Full Version : B-Real from Cypress Hill:honorary DLRARMY soldier??

Top Jimmy
04-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Say what you want,
but at least the man has his fucking priorities in order,
and these guys smoke the best joints...
trust me on that one ;)

New York Hard Rock Examiner: Have you heard the new album, "Chinese Democracy"?

B-Real: No, I mean, look. I liked GUNS N' ROSES in the old form.
Right now they're just GUNS. Or actually they're just ROSES, no guns.
Till Axl Rose puts the rest of the guys back there, that shit is not GUNS N' ROSES.
Just 'cause he owns the name means nothing.

New York Hard Rock Examiner: So you're a GN'R purist?

B-Real: I'm a GN'R purist.
Just like VAN HALEN. VAN HAGAR, eat me!
Look, VAN HALEN with David Lee Roth, I'm all for it....

Diamondjimi
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
He knows good weed and good music!;)

ShadowOfTheWave
04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
He's a rapper, the fuck is he doing commenting on rockers?

VAiN
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Hey, you gotta respect that... he obviously knows the difference and is a fan. I applaud it!

jhale667
04-23-2010, 12:07 AM

More like who the fuck are you to decide what he can comment on? Geez...:umm:
Right....because he couldn't possibly be into other musical genres, or have an opinion on them...

He knows good weed and good music!;)

Exactly, exactly. :D

Blackflag
04-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Rap/Rock Superstar is awesome.

Hardrock69
04-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Right on! I say make him an honorary member! Rap music is just 21st Century Blues anyway. It all comes from the same source.
And if he digs the Finest Kine, he does have his head screwed on straight! :D

ShadowOfTheWave
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
More like who the fuck are you to decide what he can comment on? Geez...:umm:
Right....because he couldn't possibly be into other musical genres, or have an opinion on them...

Exactly, exactly. :D

I'm not deciding anything for anybody, I'm just considering the source. He's kissing Slash's ass when Slash plays music with Fergie and has written a memorable riff in 20 fucking years?

ThrillsNSpills
04-23-2010, 05:50 PM

where do you think they get their beats?

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 07:42 PM

I'm not deciding anything for anybody, I'm just considering the source. He's kissing Slash's ass when Slash plays music with Fergie and has written a memorable riff in 20 fucking years?

First you say that since B-Real is a rapper, his opinion on music outside his genre is invalid. Then you accuse him of sucking up to Slash, who while not creating anything revolutionary since GnR split, at least has been working (touring, recording and releasing several albums, ect). Just to clarify things, which is it? In this instance, the rapper seems to make a great deal more sense than you do.

Hardrock69
04-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Top Jimmy, I have said this before, but I will say it again, your avatar is fucking creepy. :biggrin:
Kinda like watching TV and seeing a Pillsbury ad for the Poppin' Fresh Doughboy.....makes me wanna grab a hammer and go BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!

ShadowOfTheWave
04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
First you say that since B-Real is a rapper, his opinion on music outside his genre is invalid. Then you accuse him of sucking up to Slash, who while not creating anything revolutionary since GnR split, at least has been working (touring, recording and releasing several albums, ect). Just to clarify things, which is it? In this instance, the rapper seems to make a great deal more sense than you do.

I never stated or implied that his opinion was invalid, I'm simply saying I don't give fuck about nor will I take his opinion on other musicians seriously, considering the quality of music he puts out. It's just my opinion, not trying to make everyone else go by it.

Recording several albums means nothing if it isn't worth releasing, personally I like Chinese Democracy better than the Snakepit albums or Slash's new solo release. I like Velvet Revolver more, but that's due to Weiland. Cypress is an ass because he states that it isn't GNR without the 'rest of the guys' when only Izzy was also an original member.

I'm just stating my opinions.