PDA

View Full Version : I'm fully recovered from surgery (and back).

bueno bob
05-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Discuss.

Hardrock69
05-01-2010, 10:24 PM
You received a new brain? Who were you BEFORE the surgery?

By the way, welcome back! :)

chefcraig
05-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Did they manage to fix the breathing apparatus in your helmet, or do you still sound like you are talking through a fish tank filter? Either way, welcome back, Bob. There was a disturbance in the force when ya weren't around.
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/TV-and-Movies/starwars-lol.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

bueno bob
05-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Well, speaking itself was impossible for a little while, but...I'm about at 98%, so mostly well.

Hardrock69
05-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Good to hear! :D

Little Texan
05-02-2010, 12:10 AM
What kind of surgery did you have, if you don't mind me asking?

...and welcome back, of course!

FORD
05-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Welcome back, Dark Lord of the Sith!

Dan
05-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Thanks To The Donkey.:D

Golden AWe
05-02-2010, 04:27 AM
The Empire Strikes Back.

Sensible Shoes
05-02-2010, 11:16 AM
BUENO!!!!! Glad to have you back!

jhale667
05-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Welcome back, BB! :baaa:

Anonymous
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
This place wasn't the same without you. Dan was barely holding on...

Welcome back, brutha. Welcome back.

Cheers! :bottle:

VanHalenFan5150
05-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Welcome back! Glad to hear you're alright.

Blaze
05-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Must have been a big surgery to take you out for more than a day! : scary:

:welcomeflowrs: back!

hankster
05-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Welcome back Bob, it hasn't been the same without you here, and we all know how bad it was without you

Diamondjimi
05-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Welcome back Bob.
Penile reduction surgery can be painful. I was up and about within the week after mine. :biggrin:

Ally_Kat
05-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Glad you're almost all healed up!

Candy Girl
05-02-2010, 03:35 PM
It's about time you're back. I've missed you, damn it! Now it's time to get back to business. :hitch:

bueno bob
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
What kind of surgery did you have, if you don't mind me asking?

...and welcome back, of course!

Oral surgery, actually. Ran into some problems a while back that kinda escalated rapidly. In a nutshell, the majority of my teeth abscessed and I had all but 12 pulled (among other fun stuff). Embarrassing? Yeah, but had I not removed them immediately, I would have lost my entire jaw at the very least - and beyond that, it would have been life threatening. Let the toothless wonder jokes begin...lol...

With only having 12 left, I've opted to just remove those as well in a few weeks and just go for a complete set of upper/lower dentures. I wanted implants, but those things are so expensive...each spike, even with insurance, is something like $4500 and I have excellent dental insurance, too, so it was a bit out of my range. In one day, I had 20 teeth removed (including all the wisdoms). I was unable to speak at all for three days, had impaired speaking (sounded like drunken slurring) back to me at the fourth. For most of the time, though, I've been laying on the couch and recovering, logging on only long enough to play my Facebook games and email my family with updates. Downside is that my usual diet has changed quite considerably and eating anything solid has become a slow and tedious process. At least for a while. Additionally, the procedure caused some nerve damage and half of my tongue has gone completely numb; they're hopeful I'll recover feeling sometime in the next two to four months, so I'm just waiting to see.

And thank you all for the welcome back! My attention whoring is now complete. Pray I don't whore any further.

kwame k
05-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Wow, Bob........glad you're going to be alright and man that must of been a bitch to go through!

FORD
05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Shit, and I thought having 4 abscessed wisdom teeth yanked at the same time was about as bad as it got. Forgive the dumb question, but..... how did it get to that point if you had good dental insurance?

(In my case, it was NOT having insurance that forced me to ignore the pain and eat ibuprofen like candy when the toothaches came back for several years. I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone. Not even Hagar, or Chimpy. Maybe GAyR....)

ThrillsNSpills
05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Let the toothless wonder jokes begin...lol...

Well you're in luck Mott's is having a sale.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f201/Jacqulyn25/applesauce.jpg

Hey you told us to.

Here's to a speedy recovery and don't lose the mask.

bueno bob
05-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Shit, and I thought having 4 abscessed wisdom teeth yanked at the same time was about as bad as it got. Forgive the dumb question, but..... how did it get to that point if you had good dental insurance?

(In my case, it was NOT having insurance that forced me to ignore the pain and eat ibuprofen like candy when the toothaches came back for several years. I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone. Not even Hagar, or Chimpy. Maybe GAyR....)

Well, I've had some differences of opinion with my previous dentists and I'm obstinate enough to tell people to fuck off and shove it if I feel like I'm getting a runaround, basically. In the last two years or so, I've been through about five dentists and each of them had given me a fairly different prognosis and work order (Willamette Dental actually kept me waiting for 9 months for an appointment to fix things - on the day of, I was in the middle of a move and they told me I could reschedule...in another 7 months...). I just wanted somebody who I felt had my best interests at heart and wasn't just tossing me into the shuffle. And luckily enough I found somebody I could work with who actually DID seem to give a shit about what I was going through and put me into the "Do This Guy Now" category.

On top of that, there's always work scheduling (and trust me, my employers are fucking Nazis about attendance and getting time off), and co-pays to handle meant that rent or food or PGE or water or garbage or car insurance or what the fuck ever always came up first. I had been lead to believe that it could be worked out and corrected over the span of a few years initially by the first few guys I saw, but eventually it got to the point where anbesol and ibuprofen weren't even putting a dent into it...you get a big wake up call when you slice off a piece of Tillamook cheese, bite in and feel part of your teeth shatter on it, lol.

But yeah, rest assured...it was a fucking nightmare...still kinda is...

Anonymous
05-02-2010, 09:20 PM
play my Facebook games

F
A
G
G
I
T
!
!
!

Anonymous
05-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Man, I'm feelin' yer pain, I really am. My own teeth are very weak, and I have to take VERY good care of 'em. Brush often, mouthwash, the works. Luckily, you can probably get a good set of dentures these days, one that doesn't fall off all the time & allows you to have the odd steak.

On a lighter note, you now have a new number for when you're drunk. Well, it's not exactly "new", but works every time.

All the best, dude. I mean it.

GAR
05-03-2010, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone. Not even Hagar, or Chimpy. Maybe GAyR....)

Still got all my adult teeth, and never had a cavity, ever.

(I attribute it to celtic genetics, and breast feeding a child the first 5 decades of it's life..)

ThrillsNSpills
05-03-2010, 08:00 AM

(I attribute it to celtic genetics, and breast feeding a child the first 5 decades of it's life..)

i'm sure your toddler friend appreciated it.

fryingdutchman
05-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Damn Bob!! Sounds like you were giving old Ed and his meth mouth a run for his money !!

But seriously....not only "Welcome Back", but "Welcome HOME." Glad you're on the mend.

Did they do anything about the multiple personality disorder?

What will become of Lumbergh?:)

fryingdutchman
05-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey you told us to.

Here's to a speedy recovery and don't lose the mask.

That's what it was!! He kept forgetting to take the mask off when he brushed!!

Susie Q
05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Good to know you are on the mend my friend. Yes...that rhymed. :)

GAR
05-04-2010, 03:48 AM
On a lighter note, you now have a new number for when you're drunk.

- and if he gets REALLY drunk, and says the wrong thing, he risks having an even lower number when he wakes up in the dumpster out back.

GAR
05-04-2010, 03:49 AM
i'm sure your toddler friend appreciated it.

Women lactate, not toddlers O Wand Of Wisdom..

binnie
05-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Great to have you back, Bob. Sorry to hear that life threw you a big curve ball though...

Nickdfresh
05-04-2010, 11:17 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/muaAZE0M3LU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/muaAZE0M3LU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
05-04-2010, 11:26 AM

So sperm is good for your teeth! Who knew??!!

Nickdfresh
05-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Oral surgery, actually. Ran into some problems a while back that kinda escalated rapidly. In a nutshell, the majority of my teeth abscessed and I had all but 12 pulled (among other fun stuff). ....

That sucks and I'm really sorry to here that. But, on the bright-side, you just might now be a Jedi Master at cunnilingus....

Coyote
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Good to have you back, Bob.

Igosplut
05-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Still got all my adult teeth....

Probably because you don't have the balls to say the shit to people in real life that you post on the internet coward...

That sucks Bob, hope you can get back to 100%

bueno bob
05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
That sucks and I'm really sorry to here that. But, on the bright-side, you just might now be a Jedi Master at cunnilingus....

It's had it's advantages...

VanHalener
05-06-2010, 07:30 PM
So sperm is good for your teeth! Who knew??!!

Wow, check it out. My girl has been wanting to find a natural whitener! EXCELLENNNT!!!

Glad to hear you are ok Bueno.

This cold beer and cranked song is for you, Holmes.

Cheers

bueno bob
05-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Well, I'm going back in next Tuesday for fittings and other assorted fun stuff - after that, I think I have another two weeks or so and then I get the remaining twelve pulled and hope the new and improved gnashers have been worth all this. FUN STUFF! :D

Good news is that it's all downhill from here, so it should pan out fairly well. Even better? My hair is prematurely silvering and sometimes I use Icy Hot on sore muscles, so it's totally like my wife's married to a geezer. Love it!

Susie Q
05-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Once you hit 40 Bob, your fuckt. Just a lil' cheering up for you my friend.:)

Sensible Shoes
05-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Yeah and if you make it to 50 you're practically dead.

bueno bob
05-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Hey, what's up with all the positivity? :D

Dan
05-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Group Hug Time.:D

Seshmeister
05-14-2010, 04:45 AM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lOMj4MUWEuo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lOMj4MUWEuo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Susie Q
05-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Sesh....LMAO! Great find!!:biggrin: