X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Jimmy Page and Les Paul talk about Eddie Van Halen

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2blbt-J3eyU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2blbt-J3eyU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Jimmy Page and Les Paul talk about Eddie Van Halen.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Page=jealous.

Oh dear.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
      Sniper
      • Oct 2009

Who would have thought the boys went after Les Paul's daughter?
      Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
        Page=jealous.
        really? u think so? i think most guitar players don't acknowledge others is because they dont really have time to listen to others OR out of fear they hear something they would like to do, which would of course incite ppl to say "he's copying him" or whatever. Most stand up comedians dont really like watching other comedians for the same fear. Just a thought.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
          Page=jealous.
          Jimmy Page, heavy rock godfather and the man responsible for Led Zeppelin (arguably the most influential hard rock band in the history of recorded music), is jealous of Edward Van Halen. Thanks for clearing that up.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
            Commando
            • Apr 2006

Jimmy fuckin rules!

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

If Page is jealous, it certainly didn't come across that way in the clip.

More than a few of the high-profile rock guitarists of the late 1960s/early-to-mid 1970s made wounded sounds when EVH seemingly came out of nowhere in 1978 and turned the rock world on its ear with Eruption, though. Totally understandable in a way, but what EVH did doesn't diminish what Page accomplished with Led Zeppelin.

Frankly, I always heard much more of Page's style in Eddie's playing than I ever did of Eddie's supposed primary influence, Eric Clapton.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Jealousy isnt' the issue, nor is tainted influencing in songwriting at least what I recollect.

Comment

Working...