PDA

View Full Version : Great White night club fire - reloaded

Jagermeister
05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here. I have never seen this before. Fuckin sceery man!

http://mediafetcher.com/article_full.php?id=114593

WACF
05-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Whenever I hit a club that is sold to capacity...I always look at ways to get out.

There is not doubt in my mind from some of the places I've been in...people would die.

Horrible thought.

Diamondjimi
05-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Fuckin scary shit... R.I.P.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZx4i1TwZME&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZx4i1TwZME&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Jagermeister
05-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I recall seeing parts of that before but not the whole vid. Fuck did you see how low the roof was in that palce? Man you talk about a preventable accident.

Diamondjimi
05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
That dump went up quick. Watching the people trapped in the doorway is wretching. Apparently they pulled a survivor out from the bottom of the pile in the doorway.
As for GW, talk about hitting a career bottom. From arena's to shitholes like that place. Add the fact that they lost their new guitarist Ty Longley in the blaze. Very sad situation all around.

Diamondjimi
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmPOIriMiyU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmPOIriMiyU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Terry
05-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Saw a few gigs there. A very non-descript place, but it was decent enough to see some music without having to go to Foxwoods or Providence...or see the likes of Conway Twitty at the Warwick Musical Tent/Theater nearby.

It WAS totally preventable, though. My first thought was why in the fuck would Great White, or ANY other band, wanna use ANY kind of pyro in a place like that? Doubtless GW didn't intend for it to happen, but a dumb fucking move and one that Jack Russell seemed hell-bent on blaming on anyone but the band themselves.

Big Troubles
05-15-2010, 09:20 PM
panic makes people stupid. what was with the stair clutter? fucking tragic.

Seshmeister
05-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Harsh comment in this case.

Look at the video and people are reacting quite quickly and reasonably. The problem would have been that the fire spread so incredibly fast that people would have pushed from the back because they were actually being burnt or very close to being in big trouble.

I think many of us will have been in places like that and in similar circumstances would have acted the same if we're honest.

Terry
05-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I'd like to think I wouldn't have panicked, myself, but can't say 100% for sure that I wouldn't have.

You know there must have been at least a few people who knocked others down to get out, regardless of ever telling the truth about it or not.

Seshmeister
05-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Whenever I hit a club that is sold to capacity...I always look at ways to get out.

There is not doubt in my mind from some of the places I've been in...people would die.

Horrible thought.

Definitely.

Some of the places I used to hang out in were ten times worse than that.

78/84 guy
05-16-2010, 06:38 PM
A sad deal !! That video is scary man. They should not have been on the road. 2 original guys. Stupid. Now the original band is playing together and people are afraid of them. I went a few years back and they were great. We used to hang out with them after some of their smaller club gigs and they were all nice guys. Kendell was very fun too talk to. And he is a great player. Some of their last albums like Let It Rock & Can't Get There From Here is their best stuff. The last one, Rising is pretty good.

Seshmeister
05-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I had a look at their website and in their bio and on their messageboard there isn't a single mention of the tragedy. I can understand them wanting to move on but I don't think thats appropriate.

100 dead people deserves a mention.

Seshmeister
05-16-2010, 08:00 PM

Horrible thought.

That's the thing to do if you can.

A lot more people would have survived if they had done this. Everyone just tryied to get out the way they had come in. That's understandable but there was a door at the side of the stage which obviously the band used and knew about which is why most of them got out even though they were closest to the fire.