PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rhoads Commemorative-Edition Wine Coming In August

Doctor Dude
05-26-2010, 12:40 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140657

D'Argenzio Winery, which is owned by Kathryn Rhoads D'Argenzio, sister of late OZZY OSBOURNE/QUIET RIOT guitarist Randy Rhoads, is preparing to release the Randy Rhoads commemorative-edition wine.

Says Kathryn: "In tribute to my brother Randy Rhoads, I would like to dedicate this special limited release Cabernet Sauvignon in honor of his legacy memory and my devoted love."

The Randy Rhoads special edition 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon will be available on August 15, 2010. It is limited to two bottles per customer.

D'Argenzio Winery is a family winery in the truest Italian sense. There are three generations of the D'Argenzio family working together to bring you the finest handcrafted Wines.

D'Argenzio Winery's grapes are grown in the world-class regions of Sonoma County. They are aged from 18 to 24 months in new French oak and American oak barrels.

For more information, go to this location (http://www.dargenziowine.com/).

In 1982, Rhoads, the then-lead guitarist for OZZY OSBOURNE, and two others were killed at Flying Baron Estates, just outside Leesburg, Florida, when their small plane struck Osbourne's tour bus, then crashed into a mansion.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/rhoadswine.jpg

At the link provided in the article you'll find a PDF order form. At the bottom it states "a portion of all sales will be giving to the Randy Rhoads Charitable Trust used to carry on his legacy."

A portion? An unspecified portion!

I know Kathy is his sister but this whole thing reeks. But I'm reminded that others have been cashing in on her brother's legacy for years, so why can't his family carve off a little chunk of their own?

Maybe I'm overreacting, but there's been a glut of tribute items lately, mostly overpriced and coming from people with questionable intent.

:(

Diamondjimi
05-26-2010, 12:52 AM
I've known for a while that this was in the making. As much of a Rhoads fan that I am, I can't help but think Kathy is throwing his name and image on their product for the sake of raising their company's profile and putting some ca$h in their pockets.
A tribute amp, fine. A tribute album, fine. A tribute Jackson replica, fine. But Randy Rhoads wine? Puhleease... :rolleyes:

Seshmeister
05-26-2010, 05:09 AM
I bet she needs the money more than Sharon.

A bad economy will make you do things you might not of otherwise. She could bring out commemorative replica plane and tour bus kit and it wouldn't bother me.

If you are one of those people obsessed with him I guess it's like throwing a few bucks charity to the sister of your dead pal.

tojoro
05-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Kathy used to play guitar. She had said Randy liked to watch and learn while she played folk acoustic. Brother Kelle plays piano. I have yet to figure out why the two of them and a bunch of the high-profile students/instructors from Dee's school haven't gotten together and recorded some original stuff for a cd in tribute to him with proceeds going towards the scholarship in his name.
Maybe I could see if she made wine, but, she married a wine-maker. Like DJ, I've known about this coming for a bit. I'd rather stick to audio/video. Dee won't greenlight a T-shirt or some cool fan-related swag, but ok's $60 wine and $12,000 guitars?
The inscription on his tomb reads: 'An Inspiration To All Young People'...I suppose all young folks can be inspired by his playing, because a kid sure as shit can't afford anything with his name or face on it!

Seshmeister
05-26-2010, 07:55 AM
It seems that they are basically charging an extra $20 a bottle for the RR label.

You have to say if anyone is dumb enough to buy this then good luck to them.

Mr Walker
05-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Am I missing something, but isn't wine for girls, fags and Italian guys?

ELVIS
05-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Does it come with QR Cheese ??

:elvis:

Hardrock69
05-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I would like to dedicate this special limited release Cabernet Sauvignon in honor of his legacy memory and my devoted love.

Shouldn't it read "I would like to dedicate this special limited release Cabernet Sauvignon in honor of his legacy memory and my devoted love of CASH"?

chefcraig
05-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Man, it really is a shame that due to the lows plundered by people like Gene Simmons (KISS caskets, condoms) and Janie Hendrix (cut rate, questionable guitars and "Hendrix inspired" pianos) that the introduction of a wine dedicated to the memory of Rhoads (who was rumored to rarely indulge in drink or drugs) can be seen as taking the high road by one of his relatives.

Jagermeister
05-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Man, it really is a shame that due to the lows plundered by people like Gene Simmons (KISS caskets, condoms) and Janie Hendrix (cut rate, questionable guitars and "Hendrix inspired" pianos) that the introduction of a wine dedicated to the memory of Rhoads (who was rumored to rarely indulge in drink or drugs) can be seen as taking the high road by one of his relatives.

Hey now!

That's Gene you're talkin about.

Diamondjimi
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Am I missing something, but isn't wine for girls, fags and Italian guys?

:lmao:

Hardrock69
05-27-2010, 01:39 AM
I bought a bottle of that Hendrix Electric Vodka, as I KNEW that it would be a collector's item someday:

"And up for auction is a not-so-rare item.....one of the millions of items that was produced with Jimi Hendrix's likeness, and which Janie Hendrix sued to stop the production of, even though she did not own the rights to Jimi's likeness....."

Sure enough, only a couple of months later, Janie (lawsuit slut) won her 'case', and Hendrix Electric Vodka became history.

Here is the REAL logo for Janie Hendrix's company:

http://i46.tinypic.com/31323uu.jpg

sadaist
05-27-2010, 02:12 AM
I bet she needs the money more than Sharon.

A bad economy will make you do things you might not of otherwise. She could bring out commemorative replica plane and tour bus kit and it wouldn't bother me.

If you are one of those people obsessed with him I guess it's like throwing a few bucks charity to the sister of your dead pal.

Yeah, I kinda agree with you here. Doesn't bother me if his sister makes a few bucks. God knows plenty of people who didn't give 2 fucks about Randy have made a lot of money. Might as well get some scratch to the family.