PDA

View Full Version : Goddammit! Another prospective country music artist who will never get signed!!!

Hardrock69
05-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Living in Gnashville, and being a musician, naturally I have a lot of friends in the Cuntry Music biz.

I get passed CDs occasionally, sometimes of people who are friends, and who have attorneys, producers, management, label interest, all that sort of thing.

So I am listening to a female artist right now, who has been pursuing a label deal for somewhere around 10 years. I was given a CD of some of her recent demos. Not just crummy stuff. Upper crust demos. The kind that are recorded in the top studios, and could easily be released as a finished album.
She has everything it takes. Young, beautiful, great voice, the right connections, etc..

She is too fucking good. :(

If she gets a label deal it will be a miracle, even though these demos were produced by a top producer from a major label.

She writes songs that are so top-notch, they will never get played on radio. Whoever the fuck spends money on her is going to spend a LOT, and then tell her they are going to pass on any kind of deal.

That is the goddamnable fucking part of the fucking country music biz around here. There are shitloads of writers and artists who would have been a multi-platinum seller back in the 70s, as anyone in the business who would hear the stuff they do would freak out, sign them immediately, throw hundreds of thousands of dollars into recording an album, promoting it, sending them out on tour, and they would be up and away!

These fucking days, the goddamned labels are so fucking fear-driven that they fuck themselves, and the people they are working with who are not even signed yet!
Sure, artists signed to major labels get ass-raped big time, but the labels are now fucking those people they merely are stringing along with 'production deals'!!!

They are so afraid of failure, that they spend shitloads of cash just on pre-production demos, send the would-be artists to write with top-notch writers, set them up to record these demos in the top studios with top producers, and the labels are so fucking skittish that even after all that, they will pass on an artist, with bullshit excuses.

The real reason is they are FUCKING PUSSIES WHO ARE UNWILLING TO TAKE A FUCKING CHANCE EVEN ON THE BEST SONGWRITERS AND ARTISTS NASHVILLE HAS TO OFFER!!!!! :mad:

ARTISTS AND SONGWRITERS WHO COULD EASILY SELL PLATINUM IF ONLY THE FUCKING PUSSY MOTHERFUCKERS AT THE LABELS WOULD SIGN THEM AND PROMOTE THE HELL OUT OF THEM!

THEY ARE ABLE TO MAKE SUCCESS STORIES OF LAME AND INFERIOR MOTHERFUCKERS, SO WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THEY TAKE SOME OF THE SUPERIOR MUSICIANS AND ARTISTS AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING WITH THEM??????

There is someone in my family who was signed to fucking Dreamworks SKG.

This person recorded a full album that was chock-full of fucking hits. They finished the mixes, then had it mastered.

Dreamworks dropped this person THE DAY AFTER IT WAS FUCKING MASTERED, AND NOBODY WILL EVER HEAR IT!

The songs and production are FUCKING INCREDIBLE! FAR AND AWAY 100 TIMES SUPERIOR TO THE GODDAMN RUBBISH THAT IS PLAYED ON CUNTRY RADIO!

YET YOU HAVE LIGHTWEIGHT FLUFFY STUPID BITCHES LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT SELLING MILLIONS OF ALBUMS AND WINNING ALL KINDS OF AWARDS!!!! :mad:

CHRIST! I saw something on the internet just the other week that she is going to be inducted into the Songwriters hall of fame!

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

SHE ONLY HAS RELEASED ONE FUCKING ALBUM OF POP-CUNTRY FUCKING BULLSHIT AND THEY SOMEHOW THINK SHE IS AS GREAT A SONGWRITER AS ALL THE ARTISTS AND WRITERS WHO HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN THE BUSINESS FOR DECADES?????

Sure the music industry in general are a bunch of ignorant fucking assholes who do not know quality material that could sell even if they were brainwashed into believing it, but it is REALLY bad in Gnashville.

I THANK GOD I am NOT a Cuntry artist, but, being a rocker, I am on the sidelines of the BULLSHIT TRAIN that continually rides it's circular track around and through Music Row, picking up hopeful musicians and throwing them off or in front of the goddamned train for no fucking reason.

I do not like the fact that downloading on the internet these days hurts artists and musicians who have worked hard to produce what they have.

But, despite that, I am GLAD that these mindless goddamnable fucks at the major labels are getting FUCKED! THEY FUCKING DESERVE IT! THEY HAVE FUCKING SHIT FOR BRAINS AND SHOULD JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY!

All of the major labels should be merged into one fucking mega-conglomerate, called ASS-RAPE, INC., and they should then announce the new CEO - SATAN!

I usually ignore the crap that goes on in the cuntry music biz here, but once in awhile, certainly when confronted with some of the incredible music that is produced here, it just pisses me the fuck off, because I know for sure a superior musician, artist, or songwriter will have just as difficult a time (if not more difficult) getting signed as someone who absolutely sucks!

You have to be at some kind of mid-level, lame version of SUCK to actually get a deal, and then get radio play, and be successful....that is, if you want to go the Major Label route.

Thank God for the internet....the reason the Major Labels are crying is not just because their revenues are in the toilet....it is because they cannot ass-rape as many people as they used to.

Why not?

Firstly because it is actually possible for an artist to make a living now WITHOUT the intervention and interference of the Major Labels. I know several who have created their own little independent label, or have signed to a small independent, and are making good fucking money selling their music.

Also, the internet has made information about the legalities and ins and outs of the music biz so available to EVERYONE ON THE FUCKING PLANET that it is far more difficult to pull a contractual fast one on prospective artists!

If the labels try to pull the same shit they have been doing that was successful in the past, the prospective artists now have enough knowledge they can tell the A & R (Ass Rape) rep to go fuck themselves!! :biggrin:

Christ, the labels have a 95% failure rate on the product they sell. What the fuck does that tell you about the fucking cocksuckers they have staffing the fucking labels?

Any other type of business would fire their ass so fast they would wonder why they were being told to go home before they even applied for the fucking job!!!.

Alright....I am done with my semi-annual rant about the fucking idiots at the major labels.

Just had to get it out of my system! :mad:

FORD
05-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Two reasons I hate the Nashville country music establishment:

1) The right wing politics which seem to drive the whole thing (just ask the Dixie Chicks what happens when you aren't on board with that)

2) The fact that they seem to be reluctant to ever give up the old "stable" hierarchy where you have singers and you have songwriters, but they're rarely the same person. Not that Nashville is alone in this - the boyband/Britney/American Idol mentality has returned this corporate-controlled environment to the New York & LA music establishments as well. But an artist like your friend, who can write her own stuff and sing it, can't get signed in Nashville, because she doesn't conform to their fucked up rules.

Hardrock69
05-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Another problem in Gnashville is 'politics'. No, not the political kind, but when producers decide they want one of THEIR songs on the record. OR, if not that, they decide the first single off the record is going to be a song by someone who is their buddy, or relative, or some fucking shit like that.

The person in my family who is in the biz has had numerous cuts on albums by major country music stars, but has only had one song selected as a single, due to political BS. And even then, the song that was a single was written with 2 other people. Then at the last minute, my family finds out the asslick who was the main other writer on the song, drafted another 'friend' of his, got the cut on the artist album, but was trying to claim the three people who wrote the song did not include my family member. So, a letter was sent to said writer's publishing company, threatening legal action. Then the bastard had the nerve to offer only 10% of the royalties (instead of what should have been 25%). My family member accepted the 10% offer, as it was the first cut this person got on a major record, and did not want to make waves.

The 'single' is where the real money is, as not only does it generate songwriter royalties on it's own, and certainly if it gets radio play, but will get more royalties due to sales of the album. You get a top 5 single and you are easily looking at a total of over 6 figures.

By the way, the single I mentioned above? It made it to the top 10 of the Country Singles chart in Billboard.

Just like your standard uptight, white conservative Christian assholes, (which many in the cuntry music biz are), they will lie, cheat, steal, and do anything to stab other people in the back, if it means they can somehow get some cash, gain some influence, or get a deal. The Gnashville Cuntry Music Industry is full of hypocritical lying cocksuckers.

Anyone who says different is either sucking someone's dick in the Gnashville music industry, is a fucking idiot, a fucking liar, or all of the above. :mad:

Diamondjimi
05-29-2010, 12:20 AM
The whole machine is ass backwards. They wouldn't know talent or good songwriting if it bit them on the ass.

Here's a modern day classic by a real country purist. A true Country Rebel Hank III.
Got my tickets, gonna be seeing him kick off his tour in Toronto June 4th. Gonna get my drink on and enjoy a great night of old school Country.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEY8ARSGHTU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEY8ARSGHTU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mfgLw617EXc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mfgLw617EXc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hardrock69
05-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Shit, he has a punk/hardcore band also....

And damn if he doesn't look just like his grandpa.

There is a chick right now who has been playing around Gnashville for over 10 years. Her name is Stacie Collins. Killer harp player, and plays a sort of high-energy Bakersfield kind of hard-core country. The first time I saw her was in 2000, and she blew my mind.

Is she signed to a major label? HELL NO! She is too fucking good, and is too 'country' for the goddamnable 'country music establishment'. Again, if it was the 60s or 70s, she would have been signed in a heartbeat. Just check out youtube....she has a ton of videos on there.

Diamondjimi
05-29-2010, 01:32 AM
Checked her out ...
Smokin harp player and a good singer too.

And yes, I'd hit it!

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/41/l_5f204016f3af45118aadcb51cd01f984.jpg

Blaze
05-29-2010, 03:11 AM
Just like your standard uptight, white conservative Christian assholes, (which many in the cuntry music biz are), they will lie, cheat, steal, and do anything to stab other people in the back, if it means they can somehow get some cash, gain some influence, or get a deal. The Gnashville Cuntry Music Industry is full of hypocritical lying cocksuckers.

Anyone who says different is either sucking someone's dick in the Gnashville music industry, is a fucking idiot, a fucking liar, or all of the above. :mad:

It is called corruption, fraud, and white collar crime.
Report it when you can.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4630930216_a9aff9b3e0_o.jpg

Hardrock69
05-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Well fuck me running.

I was way off the mark in one aspect.

The demos I listened to last night that caused me to post this......turns out the artist who recorded them HAD a record deal for 4 fucking years! Thing is, she DID record a full album....and guess what?

I was right on the money as far as this goes:

The fucking label never released it, they just kept stringing her along, and after four fucking years they just dropped her.

Typical goddamnable fucking Cuntry Record Label bullshit! :mad:

FUCK THOSE FUCKING IDIOT MOTHERFUCKERS!

Fucking corporate hillbillies who would not know a decent song if it fucked them in the ass!

Golden AWe
05-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Checked her out ...
Smokin harp player and a good singer too.

And yes, I'd hit it!

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/41/l_5f204016f3af45118aadcb51cd01f984.jpg

Is that Lindsay Lohan? :D

Steve Savicki
05-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Hard, differences aside, I'm sorry to hear this. It hurts when you know the artist personally and know it's good music.

Ford is spot on, especially with the Dixie Chicks bit.

the boyband/Britney/American Idol mentality has returned this corporate-controlled environment to the New York & LA music establishments as well.
At least I can thank goodness for 80's (and older) music reissue labels.

Golden AWe
05-30-2010, 12:46 PM
What! Savicki has differences with someone? NOOO...

Hardrock69
05-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Lol @ Golden.
No, Lindsay is not worthy to light Stacie Collin's farts.

Unchainme
05-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Hard, differences aside, I'm sorry to hear this. It hurts when you know the artist personally and know it's good music.

Eat rancid 3,000 year old dinorsaurshit faggot.

High Life Man
05-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Check out Robbie Fulks "Fuck This Town". Sums it all up pretty well.

Hardrock69
06-01-2010, 03:24 AM
One of the diseases that affects musicians who come here and become studio rats.....they lose all fire, all intensity, all fucking spontaneity......I have got to a point where I can hear motherfuckers at the clubs around here and tell if they are in the employee of major label artists, or are studio hacks. Sure they play some good stuff, and rarely if ever do they make a mistake. But as a result they are as boring as watching the grass grow. No excitement. They are so paranoid of making a mistake that they play it safe all the time, and demonstrate how they have become a microcosm of the way the major labels do business. The only difference is that a studio guitarist does not FAIL 95% of the time like the major labels do. In the studio they play their perfect, generic, lifeless, laboratory sterile little goddamned chicken-pickin homogenized Tele-Twang bullshit, then have the cartage company come get their shit, while they fill out their union call sheet. IF they go out to play the clubs, they stand there and play their perfect, generic, lifeless, laboratory sterile little goddamned chicken-pickin homogenized Tele-Twang bullshit, then get their pay from the bandleader, load their little Fender clone combo amp into the trunk of their car and leave.

I refuse to see cuntry acts any more. You can go downtown to Broadway, and see all kinds of people with big white cowboy hats on who are trying to make it by sounding exactly like everyone else. Fucking cookie-cutter cowboys. All stamped out of the same mold. It is just the 'image', but it has been the same fucking image now since the 1920s.

At least in the rock/pop world, some new kind of trend (psychedelia/punk/metal/grunge/whatever) comes along every decade or so and shakes things up a bit.

Thanks to De Lawd that I am not a part of all that fucking countrasswipage.

Blaze
06-01-2010, 07:01 AM
People like payday. They do not get paid for being inconsistent. And from observation learned creativity is paid with debt.
People want to live and enjoy life. They would like to get paid for what they like to do, if that means keeping your head down and not making waves that is understandable. Those studio rats get told on a regular basis how lucky they are not to be drowned rats. The threat of no longer being cool uncle at Christmas goes a long ways. Never to be forgotten, the walls have eyes and ears.

Hardrock69
06-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Hey, they get paid good money to do what they love. More power to them.
But there is a price to be paid.

ThrillsNSpills
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM

ThrillsNSpills groans at your post.

hold on.......... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, did you hear that, it was me groaning at your post.

ThrillsNSpills
06-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Hey, they get paid good money to do what they love. More power to them.
But there is a price to be paid.

Yeah, compromising your art, cowtowing to people who won't promote you, then going down the tubes when you lose the deal after one release because they promoted someone else, so you go on the road for 2 years, catch an incurable disease, then die when your bus crashes.
the end