X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Alice Cooper Working On Nightmare 2

It's Official - ALICE COOPER Working On Welcome To My Nightmare 2!

Saturday, May 29, 2010
    Where Metal Lives! Breaking news, reviews, interviews, audio, and videos... Your hub for metal music.

Famed producer Desmond Child (KISS, BON JOVI, AEROSMITH, SCORPIONS) has posted the following message on his Twitter page: "Hey everybody... sorry for my absence... I'm writing with ALICE COOPER and Bob Ezrin for Welcome To My Nightmare 2!"

As reported last week, Cooper has begun working on a new album with Ezrin as part of a new joint venture with Bigger Picture Group. Ezrin has a rich history of hugely successful collaborations with Alice including such groundbreaking albums as Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome To My Nightmare, School’s Out and Love It To Death and has, in the past, been described by Alice as “our George Martin.”

Ezrin is a partner in Bigger Picture Group, a Nashville based company that has been instrumental in contributing to the success of numerous artists including country music sensation Zac Brown Band, remarked, “I am delighted to be back in business with Alice Cooper and Shep Gordon’s Alive Enterprises and our whole company is over the moon about this collaboration. This is not a record deal but rather a partnership that involves virtually all aspects of Alice’s ever-expanding universe. And it’s a reunion with the first artist I ever produced and the first great manager I ever worked with. I couldn’t be happier.”

Bigger Picture will contribute to strategy, staging, special products, theatrical projects as well as the production, promotion and distribution of future Alice Cooper releases. The company will utilize its distribution agreement with Warner Music Group when the new Alice Cooper album, projected for release early next year, and other recorded product launches. A tour themed to tie in with the album, the concept of which is being kept under wraps for the moment, is being planned in support of the release.

Ezrin’s career has seen him work with some of the most enduring names in music including PINK FLOYD, KISS, Peter Gabriel, JANE’S ADDICTION, Lou Reed, DEFTONES and scores of others but traces its earliest successes to his association with Alice Cooper, the band and the man.

Alice Cooper remarked, “It feels great to be working with Bob again and the entire Bigger Picture team have been tremendously supportive. Lightning has struck more than once in the past with Bob’s involvement so we feel great that we’re onto something really electrifying now that we’re together again. The album we’re crafting is, in some ways, a ‘shriekquel’ to what’s gone before and there’s no better guy to oversee things than Bob.”

Shep Gordon, whose Alive Enterprises has managed Alice Cooper since his professional debut called the deal with Bigger Picture “a paradigm for the modern music business.” He commented, “We’re working with Bob not just on a brilliant new Alice Cooper album but in building upon the great strides Alice’s career has taken recently.” He cited Nights With Alice Cooper, the internationally syndicated daily radio show that Alice hosts over a network syndicated through United Stations, The Gruesome Twosome tour that has seen Alice Cooper and acolyte ROB ZOMBIE share bills throughout North America as well as an upcoming Alice Cooper arena tour. He also noted that “The Coop” would be headlining a string of festival dates this summer in France, Germany, Belgium, the UK, and Scandinavia. “Awareness and appreciation for Alice is at an all-time high these days,” he remarked. "Bigger Picture is getting in not on the ground floor but as the elevator is zooming to the top and they’re efforts will, doubtless make this a much faster ride.”
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Errors
    The following errors occurred with your submission

* Tags cannot be overly common words (Welcome).

Whats up with this, you cant even post 'welcome' in the thread title? WTF?
    Anyway, I dont know why Alice would even try this, should leave the legacy of a outstanding album alone....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Well, Alice has a history of making two albums in the same style then moving on, with the second album being slightly inferior (Trash/HeyStoopid, Brutal Planet/Dragontown, The Eyes of Alice Cooper/Dirty Diamonds).

Hopefully this will break the trend, as "Along came a spider" was the worst album he`s put out, probably ever.

Ezrin was involved in "Brutal Planet" and that album was awesome.
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

If it was 1990 I might be inclined to believe there's a remote possibility of this idea turning out any good...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

No shit.
          If Desmond Child is involved it may as well be called Welcome to my Milkshake.

If AC's going to do a followup to one of his early era albums he should have his old band or some guys that are going to bust their ass to try to get the same energy as his old band did.
          Real raw, non technical performances that sound like the players are barely pulling it off and the take is about to fall apart but never does. And it's still able to rock and have feeling to it.
          That's the kind of thing I missed about his later stuff. Good songs, but polished to the point where it didn't have the same tension.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

and Bug I had the same issue with tags except mine said it had one word too many in the tag.
            whatever that meant...I didn't type the tags.

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
              No shit.
              If Desmond Child is involved it may as well be called Welcome to my Milkshake.

If AC's going to do a followup to one of his early era albums he should have his old band or some guys that are going to bust their ass to try to get the same energy as his old band did.
              Real raw, non technical performances that sound like the players are barely pulling it off and the take is about to fall apart but never does. And it's still able to rock and have feeling to it.
              That's the kind of thing I missed about his later stuff. Good songs, but polished to the point where it didn't have the same tension.
              Loved Alice, seen him a few times. But yep, I remember thinking "we're all clones being a low point. I still say sobriety takes the edge off....
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

1. Ezrin is here in Gnashville? I'll be damned!

2. Last time I saw Alice was a couple of years back at the Ryman Auditorium, and he fucking kicked ass!

Funny, I just now am encoding some video to DVD - Alice Cooper on ABC's In Concert from 1972. Pretty cool to see the 'primitive' Alice.

Hofstra University
                Hempstead, NY
                1972-09-21
                Broadcast on "ABC In Concert"

VHS->DVD->.avi
                640x480
                Duration 28:11

I'm Eighteen
                Gutter Cats -> Street Fight
                Killer
                Elected (Promo vid, not live performance)
                School's Out

You have to use a program that can unzip .001 files like 7 Zip or hjsplit.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I love the "Elected" promo where they get that Chimp to smoke a cigarette.

You`d never get away with that now.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Love Alice, but these projects LONG after the original never turn out too well.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

For a good example, look at Queensryche Operation: Mindcrime II

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

What's that I hear? The bottom of the barrell?

Around the time of 'Brutal Planet' and 'Dragontown' I was very impressed with how inventive Alice still was. Despite being a flawed take on a familiar story, 'Along Came A Spider' at least showed some ambition.......this just feels like self-parody.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ezrin is hit and miss.

It could be good.

Or it could be "Bat out of hell 3".
                          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

This is just a very bad idea! Trying to make a "Nightmare Part II" 35 years later is really pathetic. It just reaks of desperation.
                            Given the current state of the music business, why the fuck would anyone want to release a disc anyways? The market is all but dead, and even if the music is any good, you'll be lucky to make a fucking dime!

He is a master showman! If he's that desperate for a buck, he should release DVDs of his shows from the mid-seventies. It would not only show the whole world that Marilyn Manson was a shitty student and a humongous FAIL, but if it's marketed right, Alice would make enough money to abort this "Nightmare Pt. II" nonsense.

sequels always suck ass!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don`t really understand what Pt 2 means.

The original was very loosely conceptual but no real story, where does "Department of youth" fit in, for example?

Alice has made other concept albums since with a stronger "concept" ("From the inside", "The last temptation"}.

As long as it`s not called "Welcome to my nightmare 2", how will it differ from any other Alice Cooper solo album?
                              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...