PDA

View Full Version : Slash on His Five Favorite Guitar Solos of All Time

Jagermeister
06-01-2010, 10:29 AM
With a hot new solo record crammed with guest stars out now, Slash recently stopped by the Rolling Stone offices to talk about collaborating with guests including Chris Cornell, Maroon 5's Adam Levine, Iggy Pop and Ozzy Osbourne. "To be up at Ozzy's house working on this song, and to have him singing right next to me with that recognizable voice I've been listening to since I was on acid when I was 13, it was sort of a trip," Slash tells Rolling Stone. Watch video of our interview with Slash above.

Twenty three years ago, Guns n' Roses released their landmark debut Appetite for Destruction, meaning the L.A. rockers are only two years away from being eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So if the band were to be inducted, would that mean Slash would reunite with Axl? "I would hate to do anything that sort of repeated the Van Halen debacle," he says, referring to the 2007 ceremony where only ex-members Sammy Hagar and Mike Anthony were on hand for the induction due to fighting between bandmates. "It seems like something that five adult individuals should be able to pull together, but we'll see."

Check out the video above to also see Slash name his five favorite guitar solos ever, how guitarists like Jeff Beck, Keith Richards and himself are on the verge of becoming endangered species and more.

78/84 guy
06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Slash is classic !!! Love his interview's. That look & smile on his face when he talks about Gun's playing the Hall Of Fame is funny. I wonder if they will all still be around in 2 years. They should get in right away !!! They WERE one of the biggest band's in the world. The Hall will probably pick Phil Collins instead !!!

78/84 guy
06-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Some guy tried to get at him onstage somewhere. Sounds like it fucked up his guitar but finished the song anyway.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I had to turn off the Autoplay, but a cool clip....