PDA

View Full Version : Six Degrees of Black Sabbath

Mr Walker
06-02-2010, 11:12 AM
http://labs.echonest.com/SixDegrees/index

This site will find a path between any two bands you mention...
They linked 'The Kinks' with 'Venom' in 12 steps.
'Abba' to 'King Diamond' in 13.

Mr Walker
06-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Van Morrison to Slayer in only 8...

Jagermeister
06-02-2010, 12:03 PM
That's pretty fuckin cool.

Jagermeister
06-02-2010, 12:20 PM
KISS to Glen Campbell in 7 :notme:

atomicpunk5151
06-02-2010, 12:43 PM
That is better then Kevin Bacon

Mr Walker
06-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Mean Machine to Crap in 6 steps... would have thought the path would have been much quicker than that.

Jagermeister
06-02-2010, 01:02 PM
lol!!!

Catfish
06-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Mean Machine to Crap in 6 steps... would have thought the path would have been much quicker than that.

It should have been much fewer than 6. Crap was the name of Mean Machine's lead singer's second band, after he quit The Meatrollers.

Learn your rock history, you fuck!

Jagermeister
06-02-2010, 01:54 PM
It should have been much fewer than 6. Crap was the name of Mean Machine's lead singer's second band, after he quit The Meatrollers.

Learn your rock history, you fuck!

I think crap was the drummer of Mean Machine no?

Catfish
06-02-2010, 01:57 PM
I think crap was the drummer of Mean Machine no?

He was replaced long ago.

I heard.

Jagermeister
06-02-2010, 02:00 PM
He was replaced long ago.

I heard.

God I hope so.

lesfunk
06-02-2010, 08:49 PM
kenny G to Fear in 11 steps

bueno bob
06-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Samhain to Hall & Oates in 6...

lesfunk
06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Lesfunk to Black Sabbath in 2!
no shit

Mr. Vengeance
06-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Jesus that is cool as fuck!

The Beau Brummels to Manowar in 12 steps.

Mr. Vengeance
06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
http://labs.echonest.com/SixDegrees/index?start=gilbert+o%27sullivan&end=venom

Gilbert O'Sullivan to Venom in 16 steps!

GreenBayLA
06-07-2010, 04:46 AM
I tried an easy one UFO to Ozzy. It gave me 13 steps via a different UFO.
I give you 2; UFO, bassist Pete Way, toured with Ozzy in 1983.
It doesn't know everything but it's a cool tool.

GO-SPURS-GO
06-07-2010, 04:49 AM
I tried an easy one UFO to Ozzy. It gave me 13 steps via a different UFO.
I give you 2; UFO, bassist Pete Way, toured with Ozzy in 1983.
It doesn't know everything but it's a cool tool.

:biggrin:

GreenBayLA
06-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Van Halen to Scorpions in 8 steps via Bitter Pill, , anybody hear of this?
Relations for Bitter Pill
* has member Bob Daisley
* has member Tommy Lee
* has member David Lee Roth
* has member Vinnie Vincent

GreenBayLA
06-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Found this at melodicrock.com The Vinnie Vincent connection sounds vaguely familiar, circa 2005. Any demos ever surface?

http://forums.melodicrock.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10267&view=previous&sid=b2053853d83d3964b8b5bd8c925f8284

This story is taken from a new (hard copy) British heavy metal magazine called THE STOMP BOX . The debut issue hits stands in about three weeks. This dude I met online sent me an advanced copy and I am typing it word for word from it. Here it is:

METAL VETS UNITE FOR NEW BAND

Has the trumpet of Gabriel finally ushered in a new era of Rockdom? It was at the hallowed halls of Hollywood's Rainbow Bar and Grill where a possibly new Renaissance of Rock and Roll was begotten. That is where, on a sultry summer night two years ago, original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth ran into another notorious Hollywood luminary Tommy Lee. The two rockers hoisted a few spirits, swapped rock and roll war stories, and before long, Roth found himself hijacked and taken back to Tommy Lee's home to listen to tracks Tommy was planning on using for a solo album. What began as a few suggestions from Roth culminated in a full blown collaboration with the two former hair head rockers whipping up a batch of ten original tunes in two weeks.

Confilicting schedules and personal issues precluded Roth and Lee from consummating with an album and tour at the time, but The Stomp Box caught up with David Lee at a cafe in Manhattan's Lower West Side, just two blocks from one of New York's most prominent rehearsal studios where Dave has been hashing out the Roth/Lee compositions with former KISS lead guitarist Vinnie VIncent and ex-Ozzy Osbourne bassist Bob Daisley. Ray Luzier, who has toured with Roth since the nineties, was handling drum duties.The hyperactive huckster of rock was in high spirits and, to our surprise, somewhat comprehensible as he gave The Stomp Box the skinny on his new project.

According to Roth this CD will provide some "combustible and inextinguishable rock and roll that will shake the world out of its lethargic hip hop and alternative slumber." This will not be a Roth solo project according to The Diamond One, but a full on musical unit! "Robert, Vincent, Thomas, and myself have sampled more than our fair share of bitter fruit in this crazy business called show. We've decided to harness that negative energy and channel it into the music." So, what will these disgruntled, dishonored, and disgusted rock and rollers call themselves? BITTER PILL according to Roth. When we asked for a possible album title , he replied, "What else would you call it, Bubba?...SWALLOW."

Precisely when this album would be recorded is still up in the air. Vinnie VIncent is currently unattached , but Bob Daisley is set to make a new CD with his band LIVING LOUD featuring guitarist Steve Morse, this Fall. Also open for speculation is whether or not Tommy Lee himself will step in behind the drum kit for the recording sessions or even a tour. "That remains to be observed", says Roth. " I sent Thomas a recording of the rehearsals and he almost jumped out of his skin. When he recovers after being knocked out by the vibe, the flash, the attitude, the pomp, and the circumstance, we will await his reply."

indeedido
06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Vinnie Vincent! Goodness. That wouldn't have lasted long even is schedules permitted. That guy would cut off his nose to spite his face.

Catfish
06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Liza Minnelli to Sammy Hagar in FOUR STEPS!

LMFAO!

Catfish
06-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Four steps to Roth, too.

Oops.

Seshmeister
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
This is very impressive.

Anyone able to get more steps than 'They Might Be Giants to Vain' in 20 steps?

Hardrock69
06-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Esquerita to Rammstein - no link found.

Hmm....gonna post about Esquerita. He was the GodFather Of Little Richard's image.....