PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone.

NATEDOG001976
06-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Thought I'd stop by and say hello, It's been a while! Anyways, I enlisted in the US Army this past week, and leave for basic training in August to Ft Jackson South Carolina. I needed a career & personal change, and it's something I've always wanted to do! I think it will be one on the best choices I've ever made in the long run, personally and financially.

VanHalener
06-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Well sheeeeit! Fuck NA Hooah! Ya fucking leg! :)

If you smoke, stop now.

If you drink heavily, stop now.

What will your MOS be?

Better get ready for some PT Holmes.

Stay Alert, Stay Alive.

Don't drop the soap, and pay attention to details when meeting chicks at bars around town just and/or just off post
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s326/vanhalener/31176_1471746362074_1486084639_1224.jpg

Watch out for this fucker. He's in every unit.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

When do you split for basic?

Anonymous
06-03-2010, 11:14 PM
IF what you are saying is true, then I do applaud you. I don't consider myself to be above anyone... pffft... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :lol: I crack myself sometimes... yes, everyone IS beneath me, but that's beside the point.

Your recent meltdowns showed that you do need a focus in your life, something, anything. IF you ARE ready to change so as to improve yourself in any manner, hat's off to you, buddy. Takes a whole lotta balls to recognize something's wrong with you & do something about it.

If, however, this is just yet another way to get attention & you're lying through your teeth, congratulations... you've reached a new low & there are no words to describe you.

Here's to the former,

Cheers! :bottle:

Northern Girl
06-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Good for you, Nate! That's going to be a major life change. I hope you love it! :baaa:

Northern Girl
06-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Have you been to Target Field yet? I haven't yet.

GAR
06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Xlnt~!!

GO-SPURS-GO
06-04-2010, 12:42 AM
IF what you are saying is true, then I do applaud you. I don't consider myself to be above anyone... pffft... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :lol: I crack myself sometimes... yes, everyone IS beneath me, but that's beside the point.

:biggrin: Thank you! I needed a good laugh!! Cheers! :bottle:

binnie
06-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Good luck Nate. My advice: keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

Hardrock69
06-04-2010, 10:05 AM
That is where I went through basic training. Expect it to be hotter than a motherfucker.

Here is a photo of where my company was located...the infamous Tank Hill....these barracks were from WWII, and they no longer exist. This photo was taken in 1978, one year after I was there.

At the page where I found this, the caption reads:

This was taken June 18, 1978 and shows some of the WWII era two-story wooden barracks on "Tank Hill" at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. Barracks like these were used to house Basic Trainees between about 1940 and 1990, or so. Around 1980 to 1990, nearly all of these old barracks were torn down.

http://i50.tinypic.com/194ihi.jpg

You will smell the scent of pine trees, you will feel the sand beneath your feet as you hike 10 miles through the woods with your weapon and your rucksack, you will feel the burning sensation on your hands when you are forced to do 50 pushups on hot asphalt when it is 90 degrees outside, just for a minor infraction.

But then, that could have all changed now, if the US Army has changed basic training to coddle a bunch of pussies.

If you have enlisted, good for you. I feel everyone should be required to go through some kind of basic training. People go into basic as undisciplined idiots, and they leave basic training as MEN and WOMEN.

Do exactly as they tell you. Do not under ANY circumstances talk back. In fact, when dealing with anyone who ranks higher than you (everybody) do NOT talk!
I can't tell you how many times a couple of PFCs would be talking to each other, and I would suddenly speak up with a question, only to have my ass verbally handed to me.

If you want to get a jump on promotions or pay, that is, if they have not changed this policy, if they ask who wants to be a squad leader in your platoon, go for it.
If you do become a squad leader, it can (at least it did when I was there) give you an extra stripe and a boost in pay.

DO NOT GIVE UP, NO MATTER WHAT!

Good luck!

Blaze
06-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Best of wishes!
Show us your new buzz cut!

Dan
06-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Have Fun.:D

kwame k
06-04-2010, 08:56 PM
As much as it physically pains me to agree with Imapus:biggrin:

If this is one of your drunken off the reservation stunts..........you should be banned.

If not, keep your head down and I wish you the best of luck!

If nothing else, they'll teach you not to call real ladies cunts and threaten to beat them!

Dan
06-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Big Amen To That.:D

PETE'S BROTHER
06-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Well sheeeeit! Fuck NA Hooah! Ya fucking leg! :)

If you smoke, stop now.

If you drink heavily, stop now.

What will your MOS be?

Better get ready for some PT Holmes.

Stay Alert, Stay Alive.

Don't drop the soap, and pay attention to details when meeting chicks at bars around town just and/or just off post
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s326/vanhalener/31176_1471746362074_1486084639_1224.jpg

Watch out for this fucker. He's in every unit.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

When do you split for basic?

no beer or beaver? fuck that!!! i'm goin' canadian...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y09YOkVmGg0

Hardrock69
06-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Personally I would not enlist now, even if I were young enough to.

It is a sure ticket to Ass-Rammistan. Not interested in going that route.

But I applaud anyone with the balls to do so.

SparkieD
06-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Basic training where? Did you say SC? My step-brother is a drill sergeant at Ft. Jackson :biggrin: Keep your trap shut unless you're saying "Yes, Sir!" and don't let anybody know how you really feel about people from the South.

If nothing else, they'll teach you not to call real ladies cunts and threaten to beat them!

Or threaten to come to South Carolina and spit on them. Good luck.

VanHalenFan5150
06-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for making the choice to protect our freedoms, I appreciate it.

Anonymous
06-06-2010, 12:31 PM
As much as it physically pains me to agree with Imapus:biggrin:

Why, you... ooooohhh!!! :mad:

pwn3d by a drummer... :( the shame...

diamondsgirl
06-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Basic training where? Did you say SC? My step-brother is a drill sergeant at Ft. Jackson :biggrin: .....

LMAO! Karma is a bitch. Did you happen to mention "your friend" Nate to your bro-in-law?

Hardrock69
06-06-2010, 02:25 PM
LMAO! Karma is a bitch. Did you happen to mention "your friend" Nate to your bro-in-law?
:biggrin:

NATEDOG001976
06-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I leave for Ft. Jackson, SC on 8/10/10. I'll be a 42A, doing HR stuff and start as a PFC. I'm really excited, I getting my body ready for the PT so I won't get smoked as much, but I'm sure I'll still get smoked by the Drill SGT a couple of times, I'll be keeping my mouth shut, that's for sure. They tend to give the older recruits that come in with more rank more leadership roles from what my recruiter and my buddy says, who's been in the Army for 17 years. So yeah, it will be a great different direction for me, I can't wait!

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
dont get capcherd.those ragheads will cut your head off.

SparkieD
06-06-2010, 10:55 PM

Ain't it though? :biggrin:

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM

looks like one of garys friends he goes out at nite with.

Anonymous
06-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Nah, c'mon Sparkie... we know you're a lot better than that. What would be the point of taking petty revenge on Nate when he's obviously trying to (allegedly) find a focus in life so he can better himself?

He's not been given an opportunity... he wants one. Few people do. If this thread is true & not bullshit, he does deserve some support.

Dan
06-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Fag.:D

SparkieD
06-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Nah, c'mon Sparkie... we know you're a lot better than that. What would be the point of taking petty revenge on Nate when he's obviously trying to (allegedly) find a focus in life so he can better himself?

He's not been given an opportunity... he wants one. Few people do. If this thread is true & not bullshit, he does deserve some support.

Know what, Pus? I am better than that, and I didn't need you to say so. I had dinner with my drill sergeant step-brother earlier this evening and wasn't even tempted to mention it. Knowing that what comes around goes around is far sweeter than this petty revenge you had no right to accuse me of.

Anonymous
06-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Know what, Pus? I am better than that, and I didn't need you to say so. I had dinner with my drill sergeant step-brother earlier this evening and wasn't even tempted to mention it. Knowing that what comes around goes around is far sweeter than this petty revenge you had no right to accuse me of.

No, you misunderstood - I did NOT accuse you of doing that. Read again. I haven't said that at all. Sorry if it came across that way.

Hell, the first thing I wrote was that I KNOW you're better than that. I was simply, well, you know, talking just to say things.

It was not my intention at all to imply that you would do such a thing.

Anonymous
06-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Fag.:D

Hey, now. That was uncalled for. I am NOT a fag.

That's it, we're breaking up. DON'T call me.

Hardrock69
06-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Aww COME ON! Mention him to your brother-in-law! :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
06-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Hey, now. That was uncalled for. I am NOT a fag.

That's it, we're breaking up. DON'T call me.

ring, ring!

why aren't you answering your phone?:biggrin: