X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NATEDOG001976
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

Hey everyone.

Thought I'd stop by and say hello, It's been a while! Anyways, I enlisted in the US Army this past week, and leave for basic training in August to Ft Jackson South Carolina. I needed a career & personal change, and it's something I've always wanted to do! I think it will be one on the best choices I've ever made in the long run, personally and financially.
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!
  • VanHalener
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Well sheeeeit! Fuck NA Hooah! Ya fucking leg!

If you smoke, stop now.

If you drink heavily, stop now.

What will your MOS be?

Better get ready for some PT Holmes.

Stay Alert, Stay Alive.

Don't drop the soap, and pay attention to details when meeting chicks at bars around town just and/or just off post

Watch out for this fucker. He's in every unit.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

When do you split for basic?
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

IF what you are saying is true, then I do applaud you. I don't consider myself to be above anyone... pffft... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I crack myself sometimes... yes, everyone IS beneath me, but that's beside the point.

Your recent meltdowns showed that you do need a focus in your life, something, anything. IF you ARE ready to change so as to improve yourself in any manner, hat's off to you, buddy. Takes a whole lotta balls to recognize something's wrong with you & do something about it.

If, however, this is just yet another way to get attention & you're lying through your teeth, congratulations... you've reached a new low & there are no words to describe you.

Here's to the former,

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Northern Girl
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Good for you, Nate! That's going to be a major life change. I hope you love it!
        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Northern Girl
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Have you been to Target Field yet? I haven't yet.
          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Xlnt~!!

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
              Sniper
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
              IF what you are saying is true, then I do applaud you. I don't consider myself to be above anyone... pffft... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I crack myself sometimes... yes, everyone IS beneath me, but that's beside the point.

Cheers! :bottle:
              Thank you! I needed a good laugh!! Cheers! :bottle:
              https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Good luck Nate. My advice: keep your mouth shut and your ears open.
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

That is where I went through basic training. Expect it to be hotter than a motherfucker.

Here is a photo of where my company was located...the infamous Tank Hill....these barracks were from WWII, and they no longer exist. This photo was taken in 1978, one year after I was there.

At the page where I found this, the caption reads:

This was taken June 18, 1978 and shows some of the WWII era two-story wooden barracks on "Tank Hill" at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. Barracks like these were used to house Basic Trainees between about 1940 and 1990, or so. Around 1980 to 1990, nearly all of these old barracks were torn down.

You will smell the scent of pine trees, you will feel the sand beneath your feet as you hike 10 miles through the woods with your weapon and your rucksack, you will feel the burning sensation on your hands when you are forced to do 50 pushups on hot asphalt when it is 90 degrees outside, just for a minor infraction.

But then, that could have all changed now, if the US Army has changed basic training to coddle a bunch of pussies.

If you have enlisted, good for you. I feel everyone should be required to go through some kind of basic training. People go into basic as undisciplined idiots, and they leave basic training as MEN and WOMEN.

Do exactly as they tell you. Do not under ANY circumstances talk back. In fact, when dealing with anyone who ranks higher than you (everybody) do NOT talk!
                  I can't tell you how many times a couple of PFCs would be talking to each other, and I would suddenly speak up with a question, only to have my ass verbally handed to me.

If you want to get a jump on promotions or pay, that is, if they have not changed this policy, if they ask who wants to be a squad leader in your platoon, go for it.
                  If you do become a squad leader, it can (at least it did when I was there) give you an extra stripe and a boost in pay.

DO NOT GIVE UP, NO MATTER WHAT!

Good luck!

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Best of wishes!
                    Show us your new buzz cut!
                    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                    sigpic

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Have Fun.
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

As much as it physically pains me to agree with Imapus

If this is one of your drunken off the reservation stunts..........you should be banned.

If not, keep your head down and I wish you the best of luck!

If nothing else, they'll teach you not to call real ladies cunts and threaten to beat them!
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Big Amen To That.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VanHalener
                            Well sheeeeit! Fuck NA Hooah! Ya fucking leg!

If you smoke, stop now.

If you drink heavily, stop now.

What will your MOS be?

Better get ready for some PT Holmes.

Stay Alert, Stay Alive.

Don't drop the soap, and pay attention to details when meeting chicks at bars around town just and/or just off post

Watch out for this fucker. He's in every unit.
                            <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrllCZw8jiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

When do you split for basic?
                            no beer or beaver? fuck that!!! i'm goin' canadian...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y09YOkVmGg0
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Personally I would not enlist now, even if I were young enough to.

It is a sure ticket to Ass-Rammistan. Not interested in going that route.

But I applaud anyone with the balls to do so.

Comment

Working...