PDA

View Full Version : KROKUS: 'Too Hot' Video Released

Jagermeister
06-07-2010, 03:39 PM
"Too Hot", the new video from Swiss hard rock veterans KROKUS, can be viewed below.

According to Peter Waelti of the KROKUS Globe Club For Clan & Fan, "The largest Boulevard paper in Switzerland, Blick, asked their readers to vote on five girls that would become possible extras in KROKUS' newest video for the track 'Too Hot', taken from the recent 'Hoodoo' release. From the newspaper's five finalists, the band had the hard task to choose the final three.

"Production and directing of the new video clip was done by Kaya Inan and Matthias Günter.

"Even cult director Quentin Tarantino could not have told the crude story better in this short clip.

"Shooting of the video was challenging due to extreme temperatures, lots of dust and time restraints. All involved in the shoot were extremely patient and did not lose a beat of enthusiasm and intensity in between takes.

"The band delivered a powerful, uncomplicated and raw performance! Roaring motors, hot girls and hard rock — that's what KROKUS is all about.

"The video has sex appeal, is sweaty hot and all rock 'n' roll!"

"Hoodoo", the new album from KROKUS, was certified platinum in the band's home country for sales in excess of 30,000 copies. Sony Music presented the bandmembers with their gold and platinum plaques prior to the first concert of the "Hoodoo Tour" on April 30 in Zuchwil.

"Hoodoo", which entered the Swiss chart at No. 1 in its first week of release, was made available in the U.S. on May 25 via SonyMusic Independent Network (SIN). The CD was produced by bassist and founding member Chris Von Rohr and was recorded by Dennis Ward (who previously worked on KROKUS' "Hellraiser" album) at House of Music Studios in Winterbach, Germany, with additional recordings at Pink Bild and Ton (engineered by ex-KROKUS member Jürg Naegeli) in Solothurn, Switzerland and Henson Studios, Los Angeles. Photography, artwork and graphic design was handled by Martin Häusler.

Partnered with Ariola and Arista, KROKUS became an international success and ran up the charts with their hit albums "Metal Rendez-Vous" (1980), "Hardware" (1981), "One Vice At A Time" (1982), "Headhunter" (1983), "The Blitz" (1984) and "Change Of Address" (1986).

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhw9Tthel7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhw9Tthel7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Catfish
06-07-2010, 04:23 PM
LOL!!!

Awful!

Jagermeister
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
LOL!!!

Awful!

Oh it's not that bad. It's an easy enough song your band can pull it off. :)

Catfish
06-07-2010, 05:43 PM

LOL!!

Go fuck yourself!!

PETE'S BROTHER
06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
i am deeply upset.:( i will not support any band that has scantily clad, gyrating sluuty chicks with short short skirts littering aluminum cans along the highway!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
06-07-2010, 05:55 PM

if ace practiced for a couple years, i bet he would still fuck it up.

Starwood
06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Groundbreaking song and video. Simply breathtaking.

chefcraig
06-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Wait a minute...you only have to sell 30,000 copies of an album in Switzerland in order for it to be declared platinum? What kind of fucking sliding scale is that? Hell, my band's 3rd album would have at least gone gold there, and we didn't even print that many. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Cold-Smileys/)

"Hoodoo", the new album from KROKUS, was certified platinum in the band's home country for sales in excess of 30,000 copies. Sony Music presented the bandmembers with their gold and platinum plaques prior to the first concert of the "Hoodoo Tour" on April 30 in Zuchwil.

Anonymous
06-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I like it. A simple, fun rock song with a video featuring a nice car and some babes having fun & rockin' out.

Rock n' Roll how it's supposed to be.

I'm fuckin' tired of all the pseudo-intellectual pretentious bullshit. The more you do it, the more stupid you show you are.

Keep it simple, stupid. Like THIS.

Krokus rocks!

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
06-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Wait a minute...you only have to sell 30,000 copies of an album in Switzerland in order for it to be declared platinum? What kind of fucking sliding scale is that? Hell, my band's 3rd album would have at least gone gold there, and we didn't even print that many. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Cold-Smileys/)

There aren't as many people in Switzerland as there are in the U. S. , Chef...

PETE'S BROTHER
06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
hence the "sliding scale" part:umm:

blue or yellow paste?

sadaist
06-07-2010, 07:01 PM
A few thoughts.

1) Where the fuck are the spiked shoulderpads?

2) Those are the hottest chicks Switzerland could provide?!

3) Krokus..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Diamondjimi
06-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Their first 3 albums are decent old school Rock/Metal.

The producer/engineer deserves a swift kick in the balls for capturing the wimpiest guitar sound of 2010...

Blaze
06-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Why is it in English?

Terry
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
if ace practiced for a couple years, i bet he would still fuck it up.

Damn, that's a bit harsh!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Damn, that's a bit harsh!!!

you have or have not watched an ace vid?:baaa:

Jagermeister
06-08-2010, 10:55 AM
TURN IT UP

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E8EZW7-NSNI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E8EZW7-NSNI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blaze
06-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Again, if they are Swiss, why is it in English?

Jagermeister
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Again, if they are Swiss, why is it in English?

Thay are an 80's band. They came over here to get rich singing songs in english. I guess.

Blaze
06-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh, I did not know that.

Anonymous
06-08-2010, 01:31 PM
It's amazing how much Storace sounded like Bon Scott...

I'm pointing this out in a complimentary manner, of course.

Jagermeister
06-08-2010, 01:36 PM
They were or are a shit band really but hey. I have a couple of there albums from back in the day. Eat the rich may have been the best song they ever did.

Anonymous
06-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Shit band??? Krokus fucking rocks!

How many bands had the privilege of having LEMMY cover one of their songs?

Krokus is kick-ass! And don't you forget it.

Jagermeister
06-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Shit band??? Krokus fucking rocks!

How many bands had the privilege of having LEMMY cover one of their songs?

Krokus is kick-ass! And don't you forget it.

What Krokus song did Lemmy cover?

Ball room Blitz?

Anonymous
06-08-2010, 02:32 PM
What Krokus song did Lemmy cover?

Ball room Blitz?

You gotta be fucking with me. EAT THE RICH, asshole! Ballroom Blitz isn't a Krokus original - it's Sweet.

chefcraig
06-08-2010, 02:33 PM
"His whole head sucks..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux4QAzEl2rU

Blaze
06-08-2010, 02:34 PM
The 80's were a weird time from what I gather.

Mr Walker
06-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I made it through the first chorus of 'Long Stick Goes Boom' once upon a time... that's where it started and ended for Krokus and I.

Mr Walker
06-08-2010, 02:39 PM
"Shitty music, bad haircuts and embarrassing cliches — that's what KROKUS is all about."

Jagermeister
06-08-2010, 02:41 PM
The 80's were a weird time from what I gather.

No it was fuckin awesome!

Jagermeister
06-08-2010, 02:45 PM
"Shitty music, bad haircuts and embarrassing cliches — that's what KROKUS is all about."

They were one of those band like Saxon that would open any bill in any city for any band.

Mr Walker
06-08-2010, 02:49 PM
When I was a senior in high school we had a band and found an older drummer with a house and he would let us drink there. He was in a band that toured with Saxon on the East Coast... he said they were a bunch of fags.

Jagermeister
06-08-2010, 03:06 PM
When I was a senior in high school we had a band and found an older drummer with a house and he would let us drink there. He was in a band that toured with Saxon on the East Coast... he said they were a bunch of fags.

I think you have told me that before.

Terry
06-08-2010, 09:14 PM
you have or have not watched an ace vid?:baaa:

Yes, I did...

Still a bit harsh (regardless of accuracy :biggrin: )

Diamondjimi
06-08-2010, 09:43 PM

The only fag in Saxon was their drummer Pete Gill who was with them for a short period. Gee, I wonder why...

Mr. Vengeance
06-09-2010, 07:17 PM
This video went into heavy rotation on MTV.

Unfortunately for Krokus, MTV doesn't play music anymore.

( I love me some 80's Krokus)

Seshmeister
06-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm amazed they are still going.

Actually I'm amazed they exist at all.

Switzerland is the exact opposite of rock n' roll.

Starwood
06-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I made it through the first chorus of 'Long Stick Goes Boom' once upon a time... that's where it started and ended for Krokus and I.

True dat, Mr. Walker. Starwood concurrrrrs.

sonrisa salvaje
06-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't think there is any comparison between Saxon and Krokus. Saxon did some killer records including The Power and The Glory as well as The Eagle Has Landed. Krokus, on the other hand, never really had a solid record, just moments on a couple. The song Screaming In the Night is very cool. I think they are most noted for their 2 cover tunes Ballroom Blitz and School's Out, which is not a good thing. Saxon is well thought of by their peers, while Krokus is not a thought. I am trying to think of a band which Krokus kind of compares with...Keel maybe?

Jagermeister
06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't think there is any comparison between Saxon and Krokus. Saxon did some killer records including The Power and The Glory as well as The Eagle Has Landed. Krokus, on the other hand, never really had a solid record, just moments on a couple. The song Screaming In the Night is very cool. I think they are most noted for their 2 cover tunes Ballroom Blitz and School's Out, which is not a good thing. Saxon is well thought of by their peers, while Krokus is not a thought. I am trying to think of a band which Krokus kind of compares with...Keel maybe?

Accept maybe.

Jagermeister
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIb0gV0XQcA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIb0gV0XQcA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jagermeister
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Use to bring the mail to me through the ice and snow.........

Jagermeister
06-10-2010, 11:39 AM
That's a good tune. Saxon rocks!!!

sonrisa salvaje
06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Accept maybe.

No way. Krokus makes Accept look like Black Sabbath. Accept was way harder than Krokus and had some brilliant albums. Balls to the Wall, Metal Heart and Russion Roulette are fantastic. I'm not trying to knock Krokus. I have The Blitz in my collection and the greatist hits compilation. I have respect for them because they have been busting their ass for years and they are still doing it. Even if they are only big in their homeland at this point, there are a lot of bands that can't even say that. I always thought of Krokus as a band that tried real hard but just didn't have enough to get there. Still, all respect to Krokus for carrying on the torch for the genre of music that i love.

Jagermeister
06-10-2010, 01:47 PM
No way. Krokus makes Accept look like Black Sabbath. Accept was way harder than Krokus and had some brilliant albums. Balls to the Wall, Metal Heart and Russion Roulette are fantastic. I'm not trying to knock Krokus. I have The Blitz in my collection and the greatist hits compilation. I have respect for them because they have been busting their ass for years and they are still doing it. Even if they are only big in their homeland at this point, there are a lot of bands that can't even say that. I always thought of Krokus as a band that tried real hard but just didn't have enough to get there. Still, all respect to Krokus for carrying on the torch for the genre of music that i love.

yeah yeah.

Mr. Vengeance
06-10-2010, 07:03 PM

They've made several solid albums. One Vice At A Time, Headhunter, and my favorite, Hardware. Metal Rendez-Vous is good, but flawed on the production end.

Jagermeister
06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Swiss hard rock veterans opened for AC/DC on June 8 at the sold-out concert at Stade De Suisse football stadium in Bern, Switzerland — the same venue where in 2008 KROKUS played its first concert with the reunited original lineup. This was another "full-circle" experience for KROKUS who shared the stage with AC/DC for the first time in 1981 while on tour in the USA.

"It was like an out-of-body experience and it makes a rocker's heart jump [with] joy," an excited and beaming Chris Von Rohr, bassist and producer of the band's latest album, "Hoodoo", shares his impressions after the gig. "It surely has its challenges to jump on stage cold turkey without sound check, in full daylight and limited to play with half the (sound) volume we're used to and still get the crowd going. Regardless, it was a historic and memorable evening for KROKUS and like a gift for us to play in front of 42,000 of the best Swiss rock fans. Let's face it — what followed after us was simply the best hard rock band on this planet playing their hearts out! For those about to rock, we salute them respectfully!"

"Too Hot", the latest video from Swiss hard rock veterans KROKUS, can be viewed below.

According to Peter Waelti of the KROKUS Globe Club For Clan & Fan, "The largest Boulevard paper in Switzerland, Blick, asked their readers to vote on five girls that would become possible extras in KROKUS' newest video for the track 'Too Hot', taken from the recent 'Hoodoo' release. From the newspaper's five finalists, the band had the hard task to choose the final three.

"Production and directing of the new video clip was done by Kaya Inan and Matthias Günter.

"Even cult director Quentin Tarantino could not have told the crude story better in this short clip.

"Shooting of the video was challenging due to extreme temperatures, lots of dust and time restraints. All involved in the shoot were extremely patient and did not lose a beat of enthusiasm and intensity in between takes.

"The band delivered a powerful, uncomplicated and raw performance! Roaring motors, hot girls and hard rock — that's what KROKUS is all about.

"The video has sex appeal, is sweaty hot and all rock 'n' roll!"

"Hoodoo", which entered the Swiss chart at No. 1 in its first week of release, was made available in the U.S. on May 25 via SonyMusic Independent Network (SIN). The CD was produced by bassist and founding member Chris Von Rohr and was recorded by Dennis Ward (who previously worked on KROKUS' "Hellraiser" album) at House of Music Studios in Winterbach, Germany, with additional recordings at Pink Bild and Ton (engineered by ex-KROKUS member Jürg Naegeli) in Solothurn, Switzerland and Henson Studios, Los Angeles. Photography, artwork and graphic design was handled by Martin Häusler.

Partnered with Ariola and Arista, KROKUS became an international success and ran up the charts with their hit albums "Metal Rendez-Vous" (1980), "Hardware" (1981), "One Vice At A Time" (1982), "Headhunter" (1983), "The Blitz" (1984) and "Change Of Address" (1986).

rocknrolldork
06-15-2010, 11:52 PM
One Vice at a Time and Headhunter are pretty good hard rock albums. They were great live in the 80's. This new one does nothing for me. Pretty lame.