Sebastian Bach says hes got major label interest.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Sebastian Bach says hes got major label interest.

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has posted the following message on Twitlonger.com, a related Twitter site where one can post messages longer than 140 characters:

"Yes! The update I've been waiting to write! Management tells me a MAJOR label has come to the table with the [financial backing] to make our next CD! This is great news. I can't tell u who it is yet, but the label wants to get going NOW on the new CD! We have six songs for sure that will be on it! Three or four more and we're good to go. Nick [Sterling, guitar] is comin' out next week to write and record and show me how to work Pro Tools! Then Sweden and Norway, then NEW CD!! Looking forward to layin' the new tunes on ya!"

Bach's current solo band includes guitarists Nick Sterling and Johnny Chromatic, drummer Bobby Jarzombek and bassist Rob DeLuca.

Bach supported GUNS N' ROSES on their recently completed South American and Canadian tours.

Sebastian last year collaborated with HATEBREED frontman Jamey Jasta on several tracks for Bach's new solo album, with Nick and Charlie Bellmore of the Connecticut band PHANTOMS assisting during the pre-production process. The singer has also written material with John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON).

Bach is best known for selling 20 million albums as the former lead singer of SKID ROW. He has gone on to star on Broadway and television, including five seasons on CW's "Gilmore Girls", as well as hit shows on VH1, MTV and CMT. Bach's most recent studio project was "Angel Down", his first solo album since 1999. The record features 14 songs with a guest appearance by GUNS N' ROSES front man Axl Rose on three cuts, including a blistering version of AEROSMITH's "Back In The Saddle".
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I like his new band. I really hope this works out. If the sum bitch would stop drinking all the time someone he would be better off.

Comment

• Starwood
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

Starwood jammed with one of his old guitarists - Adam Albright - a few years ago. Dude had some kool Bach stories and killer fkn TONE.
      Helping RothTards speak in the 3rd person since 2004!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Diamondjimi used to party with Sabastian and Maria when they used to live in Toronto. Cool peeps....
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

I used to listen to Skid Row's first couple of albums. They were asskickers when they first started out.
          Is Major Label interest really something to be proud of?

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            I used to listen to Skid Row's first couple of albums. They were asskickers when they first started out.
            Is Major Label interest really something to be proud of?
            Well yea. Any lable for Bach
            fans is good.

Well I think anyway????
            Last edited by Jagermeister; 06-09-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              They really were. They got kinda a bad rep with people not in the know for songs like I remember you. People thought they were another Poison or something. Far from it. Actually had some heavy duty chops.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

It was just the usual major label meddling, trying to water their ass down.

Major Labels have a reverse King Midas effect...95% of everything they touch turns to shit.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

It was just the usual major label meddling, trying to water their ass down.

Major Labels have a reverse King Midas effect...95% of everything they touch turns to shit.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

This guy works his ass off - he does a lot of media whore stuff, especially on VH1, but what people don't realize is that he does that to fund his music.

There has been talk of a Skid Row reunion, but Baz has knocked it on the head without there being any new music. To me, not wanting a nostalgia trip is pretty admirable.

Great voice, 'Slave to the Grind' is an outstanding metal record....
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Mr Walker considers 'Angel Down' one of the worst things he's ever heard in his life.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

He sucks!

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Bach and fellow loser Bret Michaels should do a gay power ballad duet...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                              Mr Walker considers 'Angel Down' one of the worst things he's ever heard in his life.
                              Really? Sounded like a pretty decent heavy metal record to me. Solid but not spectacular, and with too many songs.

It was certainly a long way from Skid Row, but I respect that - if bands try to emulate their glory days it just becomes a nostalgia trip (at best) and a descent into self-parody (at worst.) The cover of 'Back in the Saddle' was a mistake but 'Love is a Bitchslap' and 'American Metal' were great displays of metal in all of its foot-stomping, fist-pumping glory. I also thought that the ballad 'By Your Side' had a good hook, and was an interesting take on the loss of a loved one. Too often, those kind of songs come off as trite.
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...