PDA

View Full Version : That Metal Show

Carloscda
06-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Love or hate the show and the hosts, you have to give it to them pushing classic VH!

This past week Jim Florentine had a vintage VH T Shirt on. But what stood out was it had Ed & Mike pictured together with Ed leaning his head on Mike.

I don't get why Ed had so much hate for Mike back then?

sadaist
06-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah. It's really weird. Eddie seems to thrive on conflict. He is only happy when he is making others miserable. Michael seems like the type that never got mad or fought back. "Sure, whatever you want Ed" with a smile on his face. I think it just finally drove Eddie crazy that he couldn't push this guy over the edge. Even after the breakup with the removing him from old album covers, Michael still pretty much kept his cool and smile.

Eddie likes to piss people off. Maybe it's a control thing. If you have the power to piss people off, it's still a "control" you hold over them.

Panamark
06-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Hey dudes, I've watched this show twice now and have been totally underwhelmed.
Did I just score two crap shows coincidentally or does it really, totally bite ?

There seems to be a lot of name dropping to get you excited, with no substantial
video or interview to fulfill the name drop..

It seemed like a lot of promise with no delivery, almost into Blue Balls territory..

Should I stick with it, or does it indeed suck Hagar's clitty ?

ELVIS
06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
The hosts ar lame...

ELVIS
06-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Are...even...:biggrin:

tojoro
06-18-2010, 11:36 AM
The show is too short. A half an hour isn't much time to begin with, and too many segments are shoehorned in. I wish like fuck the other two guys would put their comedian careers aside and just concentrate on the metal. You're funny, we get it.
Shit-can Miss Box Of Junk. Bone headed stuff like 'Stick your hand in her box' is juvenille and tired...and the poor lady has to stand there and smile like she thinks it's funny too, while giving everyone a gander at her cleavage.
Wasn't it Beavis and Butthead humor and degrading women that helped kill the genre? Now the network uses the same formula to sell the show. Brilliant.
I don't mean to sound like a prude, but most of the above simply wastes time the show does not have. I'd much rather the time be spent on someone admiring a peer's album, or a heroe's guitar work.
Put some fuckin' meat and 'taters into the show!
Two minutes to discuss two classic albums is lame, too. If they stretched it out, and got rid of the comedy it'd be taken a bit more seriously.

WACF
06-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I've heard Trunk say that the show is VH1's to drive.

Trunk would love it if they could have an hour because of the editing that is done to get it down to a half hour.

chefcraig
06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Shit-can Miss Box Of Junk. Bone headed stuff like 'Stick your hand in her box' is juvenille and tired...and the poor lady has to stand there and smile like she thinks it's funny too, while giving everyone a gander at her cleavage.
Wasn't it Beavis and Butthead humor and degrading women that helped kill the genre? Now the network uses the same formula to sell the show. Brilliant.

It was in poor taste to continue with the Miss Box O' Junk routine after Kerri Lee Tucker died.

sadaist
06-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey dudes, I've watched this show twice now and have been totally underwhelmed.
Did I just score two crap shows coincidentally or does it really, totally bite ?

There seems to be a lot of name dropping to get you excited, with no substantial
video or interview to fulfill the name drop..

It seemed like a lot of promise with no delivery, almost into Blue Balls territory..

Should I stick with it, or does it indeed suck Hagar's clitty ?

You're right. The show sucks. It's just a few guys sitting around having a conversation about rock music. Threads here contain far more information and are way more entertaining. The show is no different than the 1,000's of conversations we have all had with our friends while drinking out in the garage or backyard. Difference is Eddie Trunk gets paid for it.

Nitro Express
06-19-2010, 08:48 PM
I actually think Ed lives in the moment. Whether he hates or loves a person depends on the hour and the day. I think Ed had no beef with Mike until Ed decided he wanted his kid in the band and of course, Mike was the most expendable person in the band so by Mike and hello Wolfie. Then to cement the new lineup you slag Mike and call him by his real name and not his band name to rub it in that he is no longer in Van Halen or ever was part of it.

The Van Halens will turn on anybody at anytime. This is their history.

GAR
06-20-2010, 12:23 AM
I actually think Ed lives in the moment.

EVH lives in the past, or we'd have four-fourths of Van Halen in Van Halen.