PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Bowersox, 'American Idol' runner-up, signs recording deal with 19 Recordings

Jagermeister
06-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I like the shit out of Bowersox. As usual the best singer didn't win and I think it was meant to be that way. Note she signs with Fuller. Maybe just maybe we will get an artist out of this show that's worth a fuck finally. Besides Underwood that is. She's bad ass and really hot. ;)

MamaSox is bringing her maternal instinct to 19 Recordings/Jive Records.

"American Idol's" ninth season runner-up has signed a record deal with Simon Fuller's company, cnn.com reports.

"I'm really grateful to be given this opportunity to make an album and let people hear my music," Crystal Bowersox said in the company's press release. "And I’m looking forward to working with all of the folks at 19/Jive."

The 24-year-old single mother may have lost the "Idol" crown to Chicago native Lee DeWyze, but Simon Fuller, the show's creator and 19 Entertainment founder, still thinks Bowersox is a winner.

"Crystal is one of the most naturally gifted and talented singer songwriters to have ever come out of Idol," he said. "The breadth of her talent is inspiring."

19 Entertainment also boasts recording contracts with Adam Lambert, Kris Allen, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, among other "Idol" alums.

Auditions for the tenth season of "American Idol" kick off on July 17 in Nashville, TN.

By Soraya Roberts
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 4:00 AM