PDA

View Full Version : EVH on Lopez Tonight

ThatArtGuy
06-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Straight from EVH's Facebook page:

"Thursday, June 24th Lopez Tonight 11pm/10pm c On TBS"

Maybe he'll actually say something... maybe.

sadaist
06-24-2010, 06:04 AM
Hmmm. He isn't listed as a scheduled guest. But they are having a 100th episode thing. It might be just bunch of "Congratulations George!" from a ton of celebrities, and Ed is one of them.

100th Episode Celebration

Kobe Bryant

Dane Cook

Louis C.K.

http://www.lopeztonight.com/#

fryingdutchman
06-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Hmmm. He isn't listed as a scheduled guest. But they are having a 100th episode thing. It might be just bunch of "Congratulations George!" from a ton of celebrities, and Ed is one of them.

I agree.

My hunch is that it will just be a walk-on, a handshake and a backslap for George, a wave to the crowd, and then he'll be gone like a thief in the night.

I'm done with getting my hopes up about anything related to VH.

But cool post and info. anyway, ArtGuy!

fryingdutchman
06-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Or maybe Ed's drunk again and just randomly posting his DVR schedule on his Facebook page...to let us all know what he's watching.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Nope...

Ed, Wolfie and Al have signed on to be the new house band...

Tres Halen...

Ed's dream has come true...

VanHalenFan5150
06-24-2010, 07:49 AM
You guys are like an old elderly couple when it comes to new VH news. Trust me, there will be news soon. Don't doubt that because I am well aware of news that hasn't surfaced yet, and I heard it straight from the source. The source though, I can't tell you who it is but he is friends with Ed and manages Eds shit and gear.

sadaist
06-24-2010, 07:52 AM
You guys are like an old elderly couple when it comes to new VH news. Trust me, there will be news soon. Don't doubt that because I am well aware of news that hasn't surfaced yet, and I heard it straight from the source. The source though, I can't tell you who it is but he is friends with Ed and manages Eds shit and gear.

Dude, I hope with all hope you are correct. I have had a hard-on for new VH material since about 3 months after 1984 was released.

VanHalenFan5150
06-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Dude, I hope with all hope you are correct. I have had a hard-on for new VH material since about 3 months after 1984 was released.

I am correct. I can't tell you all about it, because I promised to keep it between me and my source.

I can't tell you everything, like I said. But my source hangs out with Ed and actually, the VH Vault does exist and is filled with plenty bootlegs we don't have. My source is in charge. Ed came by to get some old recordings and stuff from Source. Ed is in the studio with Dave, Al and Wolfie and they are just finishing up their next album. This is basic enough that I don't get in trouble with my source, he doesn't lose confidence with Ed, and basic enough that we can all see tonight what's happening. ;)

If I was allowed to I would post the conversation I had with my source that revealed all this. Let's wait until tonight though, if he reveals a new album then I will post it because it's not a secret anymore.

ELVIS
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
That must be some lonely gear...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Here we go again, another insider....

chefcraig
06-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Eddie Van Halen: "I'd like to congratulate George on his 100th episode. Of all the Mexicans I know, he is certainly one of them."

ELVIS
06-24-2010, 09:10 AM

Hey, the dude is pretty straight up on everything else, why not this ??

Jagermeister
06-24-2010, 09:23 AM

Why would the kid lie to a bunch of grumpy old Roth fans? Peer presure?

BigBadBrian
06-24-2010, 09:29 AM
I am correct. I can't tell you all about it, because I promised to keep it between me and my source.

I can't tell you everything, like I said. But my source hangs out with Ed and actually, the VH Vault does exist and is filled with plenty bootlegs we don't have. My source is in charge. Ed came by to get some old recordings and stuff from Source. Ed is in the studio with Dave, Al and Wolfie and they are just finishing up their next album. This is basic enough that I don't get in trouble with my source, he doesn't lose confidence with Ed, and basic enough that we can all see tonight what's happening. ;)

If I was allowed to I would post the conversation I had with my source that revealed all this. Let's wait until tonight though, if he reveals a new album then I will post it because it's not a secret anymore.

Dammit!!! I told you not to tell anyone. No more insider news for you!

Unchainme
06-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm still shocked that show is on the air. His sitcom was really unfunny, and so is he.

Hopefully conan will kick his ass out soon, and get someone truly fun to be the leadout show.

VAiN
06-24-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't know about this... and I'm not getting excited for it. Brace yourself for a walk-on at best...

sonrisa salvaje
06-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I hope this news is true, but i don't think the Lopez show would be the platform that VH would use to drop such a bomb.

ELVIS
06-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Like they would have a better choice ??

chefcraig
06-24-2010, 12:03 PM

Sure, they could always show up as mentors on American Idol. Then again, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader would be a step up from the Lopez show. At least people actually watch it.

fryingdutchman
06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Nope...

Ed, Wolfie and Al have signed on to be the new house band...

Tres Halen...

Ed's dream has come true...

That's LOS Tres HalenS to you, bucko!

No "Gusanos"...just "Halens." Comprende?

:biggrin:

fryingdutchman
06-24-2010, 12:23 PM

You don't think that Letterman or Leno would jump at some CVH news?

Fuck...I'm sure that Kimmel would, or even Fallon (especially when you consider all the attention he just lavished on The Rolling Stones.)

If Van Halen announces anything on Lopez, their next stop should be Kathy Griffin....

VanHalener
06-24-2010, 12:23 PM

Lol

I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat until the next update.

PETE'S BROTHER
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Lol

I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat until the next update.

there is a new thread about that, and what you do there while sitting.:baaa:

Starwood
06-24-2010, 12:38 PM

There is no "lose confidence with Ed". Anybody who deals with Ed (or his wife for that matter) on a business level has to sign a confidentiality agreement. My "source" has been at 5150 twice a week since December. Her last day is today.

The mere mention of Dave's name will get you a glare around that place. So, are they "finishing up their next album"? If they are - they're not doing at 5150.

chefcraig
06-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I really don't know which will be worse: Finding out that EVH's appearance turns out to be a disappointing soundbite filmed while he was playing golf during a Pro-Am someplace, or having to sit through the Lopez show in order to see it.

VanHalenFan5150
06-24-2010, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't lie to you guys about something like that. And hey, if sharing what I was told (I had an unfair advantage) makes you all happy, then my job is done.

VanHalenFan5150
06-24-2010, 12:44 PM
There is no "lose confidence with Ed". Anybody who deals with Ed (or his wife for that matter) on a business level has to sign a confidentiality agreement. My "source" has been at 5150 twice a week since December. Her last day is today.

The mere mention of Dave's name will get you a glare around that place. So, are they "finishing up their next album"? If they are - they're not doing at 5150.

Well my source doesn't really do business with Ed. He knows him through a mutual friend but he's in charge of all of the old recordings and gear and some memorabilia.

ELVIS
06-24-2010, 12:45 PM

And your momma sews socks that STANK!

ELVIS
06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
:mad2:

VAiN
06-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't lie to you guys about something like that. And hey, if sharing what I was told (I had an unfair advantage) makes you all happy, then my job is done.

Before you raise that 'mission accomplished' banner, you may want to actually share this insider info of yours... what you posted is basic general knowledge around here.

ELVIS
06-24-2010, 12:52 PM

I believe you dude...

:elvis:

VanHalenFan5150
06-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Before you raise that 'mission accomplished' banner, you may want to actually share this insider info of yours... what you posted is basic general knowledge around here.

I think I should wait and see what comes up tonight on Lopez Tonight. If he reveals the album then I will post the conversation, and if not, then, well, i'll see what I can get away with.

ELVIS
06-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Don't let these girls pressure you...

Starwood
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Little Elvis all squirming with excitement about the new VH record announcement! Starwood is amused.

Do us all a favor and start holding your breath NOW.

VanHalenFan5150
06-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Little Elvis all squirming with excitement about the new VH record announcement! Starwood is amused.

Do us all a favor and start holding your breath NOW.

Oh so you're not excited by the news? Or gracious that I told you all when I promised to keep it a secret?

ELVIS
06-24-2010, 01:14 PM
No, go read his 42 posts...

VAiN
06-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh so you're not excited by the news? Or gracious that I told you all when I promised to keep it a secret?

News? Some tweet by eddie doesn't excite me that much... we've all been let down one too many times... If it turns out to be an announcement that something is happening - grate! I'm all for it...

And really, you didn't tell us shit, so please don't come back tomorrow with 'see, i told you so..'.

PETE'S BROTHER
06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
And really, you didn't tell us shit, so please don't come back tomorrow with 'see, i told you so..'.

i have a sneaking suspicion you will be sayin' that to the kiddo tomorrow...

Jagermeister
06-24-2010, 01:26 PM

Don't worry about it dude. Don't let these ass holes get to you.

Big Troubles
06-24-2010, 01:45 PM
I say a Big Brother episode would work fine here... Y "announce"" anything? Just release the shit boys.

Jagermeister
06-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Legendary guitarist Eddie Van Halen is rumored to be a guest on tonight's (Thursday, June 24) edition of "Lopez Tonight", comedian George Lopez's new talk show on TBS. The show, which premiered in November 2009, features audience interaction using a high-energy format. The program airs Monday through Thursday at 11:00 p.m. Eastern/8:00 p.m. Pacific in the United States.

For more information, visit www.lopeztonight.com.

indeedido
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I'll wait for the youtube tomorrow of "two burritos and a rootbeer float pt II."

VAiN
06-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll wait for the youtube tomorrow of "two burritos and a rootbeer float pt II."

This is basically what I'm expecting.. minus the artistry.

Diamondjimi
06-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok, all tell tale signs of Ed surfacing ANYWHERE involve him strictly GEARWHORING .

I expect nothing substantial from him. Period.

He lives in his own universe where VH is still on top and cuntpletely relevant in todays music scene. Don't hold your collective breath's for anything new here, folks!

sonrisa salvaje
06-24-2010, 06:38 PM

You are right. My bad. When i think of "huge bombshell announcement" i think Lopez Show. Surely everyone would see that. What was i thinking?

Va Beach VH Fan
06-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I was just checking out the Links thread on this, couple things:

- Hausman (VHND) said it's not going to be something insignificant... Now, what the fuck that means, who knows....

- Some of the posters had an interesting theory... Tomorrow is MJ's one year death anniversary.... Lopez' conductor worked with MJ preparing for the tour that didn't start.... Maybe Ed will join the band to perform "Beat It" ???

dazzlindino
06-24-2010, 07:02 PM
heard from a friend who said not to tell anyone , but wtf......Eddie has agreed to become the ryhtym guitarist in Chickenfoot.

chefcraig
06-24-2010, 07:09 PM
According to the Official Van Halen website (http://www.van-halen.com/news.html), here is the very latest...

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM VAN HALEN
Los Angeles, CA -- December 29, 2009

Happy New Year to our fans, friends and family.

May 2010 bring health, happiness, peace and love to you and yours.

Keep Rockin'
Dave, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang

So there you have it. :duh:

Diamondjimi
06-24-2010, 07:15 PM
The official VH website suffers from severe Atrophy...

chefcraig
06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
...Some of the (Links) posters had an interesting theory... Tomorrow is MJ's one year death anniversary.... Lopez' conductor worked with MJ preparing for the tour that didn't start.... Maybe Ed will join the band to perform "Beat It" ???

This isn't all that far fetched. Take a look at your local tv guide, and you'll find all sorts of shows zeroing in on the anniversary of Jackson's death. These range from the utterly absurd ("Michael & Bubbles: The Untold Story" on Animal Planet - I swear I am not making this up) to the predictably ghoulish (CNN's "Michael Jackson - The Final Days").

Then again, I'm pretty sure that June 24, 1984 was the release date of the Panama single, so who knows? Film at 11.

twonabomber
06-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Fuck...I'm sure that Kimmel would, or even Fallon (especially when you consider all the attention he just lavished on The Rolling Stones.)

i think the Fallon/Stones thing was more the parent company's decision than Fallon's. the show is an NBC/Universal production, and the Stones are now on Universal's record label. probably done to appeal to older viewers that ordinarily wouldn't watch Fallon's show.

Antman
06-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Ed's gonna announce his new line of sneakers. These have contoured insoles and dr. approved arch support.

BITEYOASS
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM

Or we could just break out the "Roth Army Rumour Whore" for shits and giggles

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/91874568_77801813ed.jpg

POJO_Risin
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
I was just checking out the Links thread on this, couple things:

- Hausman (VHND) said it's not going to be something insignificant... Now, what the fuck that means, who knows....

- Some of the posters had an interesting theory... Tomorrow is MJ's one year death anniversary.... Lopez' conductor worked with MJ preparing for the tour that didn't start.... Maybe Ed will join the band to perform "Beat It" ???

If this is it...leave it to spED to do it a day before the year anniversary...

Fuck it...this year...I'm celebrating my birthday the day before with many beers...oh shit...I do that already...

nevermind

Blaze
06-24-2010, 10:42 PM
I am soooooooooooooooo thankful, I do not own a television.

Nitro Express
06-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Ed is going to mumble on about being sober and how Roth and him are new found soul mates. He will say Wolfie is the best damn bass player ever. Then he will light a cigarette and say, you haven't heard anything yet! Then we will hear nothing for another 10 years. By then the Jews will have rebuilt the temple in Jerusalem and the anti-christ declares himself God in it. Then Jesus comes and toasts everything.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Nothing yet... He's had a couple of "congratulations" cameos from Arsenio Hall and Clint Eastwood, no sign of Ed yet... Not playing with the band, yet at least...

Big Troubles
06-24-2010, 11:20 PM
prob got lost. lol wonder why Dave can't speak like he did at the press conference in 07?

chefcraig
06-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Nothing yet... He's had a couple of "congratulations" cameos from Arsenio Hall and Clint Eastwood, no sign of Ed yet... Not playing with the band, yet at least...

Yup. If Clint Eastwood rambles and stumbles over some incoherent scripted horseshit shot in front of a fireplace, I can hardly wait for Edward Van Halen's not so deep insights, presumably filmed by a waterfall or something equally insipid.

ThatArtGuy
06-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Well, it's still better than rehashed Stephen Pearcy interviews or what Valerie is up to.

Doctor Dude
06-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Watching this show out of pure boredom, Lopez is no Johnny Carson. Hard to keep my eyes open while he sucks Kobe Bryant's schlong.

ThatArtGuy
06-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Or down to, as the pun would insist.

Dave's PA Rental
06-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Um...

Dave's PA Rental
06-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Gonna be alot of time left after CK...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-24-2010, 11:41 PM
You can't have CK on network TV, much much funnier uncensored....

Dave's PA Rental
06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=128116700551916

POJO_Risin
06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Rental...how the hell are you doin' hombre! You working at the yahd this year?

Doctor Dude
06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
OK, that was a waste of time.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-24-2010, 11:58 PM
I fucking knew it !!! More hawking !!!

POJO_Risin
06-24-2010, 11:59 PM
C'mon Va...didn't that make you want to buy a brand new, Wolfgang? I know I fucking do. Fuck it...I'm going to get one right fucking now...

ZahZoo
Ha!! Nothin but bullshit... Ed gave him a wolfgang guitar and did a 20 second jam. No news ain't shit...

VanHalener
Was that it?

Dave's PA Rental
06-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah Pojo...my 8th season at Fenway. School is out so maybe I'll be back for more than just drunken birthday rants!

I just watched a whole George Lopez show. I'm gonna punch Eddie in the face if I ever see him again.

chefcraig
06-25-2010, 12:00 AM
THAT, was it? Golly, how significant.

VanHalener
06-25-2010, 12:01 AM
I fucking knew it !!! More hawking !!!

What a douchebag.

he looked high as shit too

DaveTheScott
06-25-2010, 12:02 AM
GODDAMNIT! GODDAMNIT! Fucking going outside to throw myself in front of a fucking - something. Fucking bullshit. Watching that piss-ass show all the way to the end for a fucking pre-recorded fucking cameo with Ed hocking his shit and some no-name fucking backing band slaughtering Panama. Go fuck yourself, Ed. Fucking prick.

POJO_Risin
06-25-2010, 12:04 AM
At least Frampton was funny...

POJO_Risin
06-25-2010, 12:05 AM
GODDAMNIT! GODDAMNIT! Fucking going outside to throw myself in front of a fucking - something. Fucking bullshit. Watching that piss-ass show all the way to the end for a fucking pre-recorded fucking cameo with Ed hocking his shit and some no-name fucking backing band slaughtering Panama. Go fuck yourself, Ed. Fucking prick.

Somewhere, somebody just got their wings...

Dave's PA Rental
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Somewhere, somebody just got their wings...

Fucking funny shit...

DaveTheScott
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm dropping that fuck off Twitter...dropping him off Facebook...shitting in a box and mailing it to Janie...

DaveTheScott
06-25-2010, 12:10 AM
You know, one of my neighbors is a fucking Rush fan and he was standing outside my door a few minutes ago, as soon as that shit was over, and he just grins and shakes his head and goes," I don't know which is more pathetic, dude, Van Halen or the fans..."

Fuck you, shitboy.

He's right, tho. Fucking indeed.

Northern Girl
06-25-2010, 12:11 AM
I just watched a whole George Lopez show. I'm gonna punch Eddie in the face if I ever see him again.

Do you still like Van Halen more than me? :biggrin:

Sad what we have to go through hoping for a morsel of some news...

ThatArtGuy
06-25-2010, 12:13 AM
C'mon guys, you knew it wasn't the second coming. If it was going to be anything more than this it would have been much more of an event.

Dave's PA Rental
06-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Do you still like Van Halen more than me? :biggrin:

Awesome.

ThatArtGuy
06-25-2010, 12:15 AM
You know, one of my neighbors is a fucking Rush fan and he was standing outside my door a few minutes ago, as soon as that shit was over, and he just grins and shakes his head and goes," I don't know which is more pathetic, dude, Van Halen or the fans..."

Fuck you, shitboy.

He's right, tho. Fucking indeed.

You can tell him that they had a woman singing Geddy Lee's part on the Rock Band video game. What's up with that?

Diamondjimi
06-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Yup....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/EVHslapchopDJ-09.jpg

DaveTheScott
06-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Good fucking point. Where is that shithead? Fucker.

Blaze
06-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Awe fuck that's funny!

chefcraig
06-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Yup....

And a million avatars are born. Brilliantly done man, brilliantly done. http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Respect/respect-046.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

To me, this ranks right up there with this one...

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3659/wtfisthisshitkw.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/wtfisthisshitkw.jpg/)

Dan
06-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Yup....

LOL,That Is Funny.:D

jhale667
06-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Didn't get to (have to) watch the show, checked in here to see if I missed anything...apparently not... :umm:

Blaze
06-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Awe hell, that's funny too!
Sure beats the bots!

Carloscda
06-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Remember when ED would actually sit in with the band (SNL, Letterman)!

All we have are the boots & rare tracks that show up?!
It's said everybody & their grandma have specials on VH 1 except for VH??!!
Rush will be the lasted one with rare never before seen footage!

VanHalenFan5150
06-25-2010, 07:43 AM
All it was was a walk on appearance and he gave George a guitar and played a little riff.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Here's the vid, Ed's starts at about 2:10...

<object width="442" height="375" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/tegwebapps/tbs/tbs-www/cvp/tbs_432x243_embed.swf?context=lopez_embed_offsite&videoId=223603" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/tegwebapps/tbs/tbs-www/cvp/tbs_432x243_embed.swf?context=lopez_embed_offsite&videoId=223603" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="442" height="375"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
06-25-2010, 08:38 AM
By the way, Brett says that Janie (I'm assuming from his inference) emailed him afterwards and said that the info that would have made VH fans happy was cut out.... Probably the part after he says "wish I could be there....."

Of course, they didn't put that info anywhere else after the fact, as that would have made too much sense....

Jagermeister
06-25-2010, 09:21 AM
By the way, Brett says that Janie (I'm assuming from his inference) emailed him afterwards and said that the info that would have made VH fans happy was cut out.... Probably the part after he says "wish I could be there....."

Of course, they didn't put that info anywhere else after the fact, as that would have made too much sense....

My be he said" I am busy at home working on a new VH record that will never see the light of day"

VAiN
06-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Wow... I dozed off just at the tail end after watching most of this terrible show... and of course I missed the EVH part, woke up as the credits were playing... Thanks for posting the video link.

Hardrock69
06-25-2010, 10:04 AM
What a load of shit. That sad bastard just will not throw his fans a bone, will he?

Christ.....

VAiN
06-25-2010, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I noticed that sweet edit... now do you figure they'd want to cut that out?? We just can't get a break...

ThrillsNSpills
06-25-2010, 10:18 AM
What a load of shit. That sad bastard just will not throw his fans a bone, will he?

Christ.....

Sounds like he tried and they edited it.

Starwood
06-25-2010, 10:26 AM

Christ.....

There is no bone to throw.

sonrisa salvaje
06-25-2010, 11:29 AM
There is no bone to throw.

Sure there is. It doesn't have to be anything necessarily in the positive sense. Edward could put the rumours to bed of any kind of forthcoming album with Roth and/or an additional tour with Roth. He could comment on what has become of his relationship with Dave since the end of the last tour. There are a number of bones he could throw.

MmboSlmrCasalad
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
All it was was a walk on appearance and he gave George a guitar and played a little riff.

Wasn't that little riff "La Cucaracha"? C'mon, give Ed a break...that's actually pretty funny in itself!

Unchainme
06-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Ed's just saving up an apperance with DLR until Conan gets his own show again.

speaking of which:

http://dimewars.com/Blog/Conan-O-Brien-Stabs-George-Lopez-In-The-Back-With-TBS-Move.aspx?BlogID=6359f975-0746-4c2a-bcf7-21dfc51ca75e

"George was initially opposed to the idea of moving his time slot to make room for Conan on TBS,” said one insider. “He was told that if he wasn’t supportive, his show would not be renewed. The Lopez camp is even more disheartened by the fact that Conan’s contract states that if Lopez’s show is canceled, then Conan will be able to develop a show for the midnight hour, as well . . . it’s in Conan’s best interest for Lopez’s show to fail."

Suck it, you unfunny douche. Conan is going to kickass, and your unfunny ass will be back to doing shit reality shows.

PETE'S BROTHER
06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
where is the teenybopper's take on what did or did not go down?:umm::tongue0011:

Starwood
06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Poor Little Elvis...stayed up all night to hear the BIG NEWS from Edward and got shafted again. *sniff*
"I believe you dude..."
Whatta fkin TOOL...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2guv_y7_9Kw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2guv_y7_9Kw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

sadaist
06-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Considering that 4-5 years ago we thought Eddie only had weeks to live, it's nice to see he is still alive and knows what a guitar is.

PETE'S BROTHER
06-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Considering that 4-5 years ago we thought Eddie only had weeks to live, it's nice to see he is still alive and knows what a guitar is.

great, reduced to being thankful for that hurts my heart.:(

rothdaddy
06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Very cool to see Ed looking good and playing some guitar. Did he look stoned to anyone else?

Catfish
06-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Eddie won't give his lifelong fans a new Roth album but he'll give that cholo a new guitar????

ThatArtGuy
06-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't know about stoned (which he could have been), but Eddie's always been uncomfortable talking/acting in front of a camera. Could have just been nervous.

PETE'S BROTHER
06-25-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't know about stoned (which he could have been), but Eddie's always been uncomfortable talking/acting in front of a camera. Could have just been nervous.

he looked comfortable here.....:hee:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e1fYpkbq8jM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e1fYpkbq8jM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Starwood
06-25-2010, 03:11 PM
When did EVH start to sound like Sam Elliott?

lesfunk
06-25-2010, 03:19 PM
And we were worried about Wolfie's backing vocals being piped in...

conmee
06-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

This was about GEORGE LOPEZ' 100th SHOW and NOT ABOUT EDDIE'S FUCKIN' HIP!!!!! YOU DIG?!?!?

That is all.

Icon©®™

VanHalenFan5150
06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
where is the teenybopper's take on what did or did not go down?:umm::tongue0011:

I stayed up to watch bullshit. It's that simple, i'm not going to argue with that. But I do agree something important was cut out. We've been gyped...

Diamondjimi
06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

This was about GEORGE LOPEZ' 100th SHOW and NOT ABOUT EDDIE'S FUCKIN' HIP!!!!! YOU DIG?!?!?

That is all.

Icon©®™

:lol:

I was gonna say the same thing. :biggrin:

And rumour has it Ed wanted to announce his new "EVH Wah Shoes" by Jim Dunlop...

Am I the only one who's sick of Ed masking his licks with a goddamn wah pedal? Christ, he's turning into Kirk Hamster!!!

GreenBayLA
06-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Who is a bigger tool. George Lopez or EVH? It's a tossup but at least it looks like ED is eating well...

ThrillsNSpills
06-25-2010, 06:54 PM
:lol:

I was gonna say the same thing. :biggrin:

And rumour has it Ed wanted to announce his new "EVH Wah Shoes" by Jim Dunlop...

Am I the only one who's sick of Ed masking his licks with a goddamn wah pedal? Christ, he's turning into Kirk Hamster!!!

We're lucky as hell he put his sustainer away. That was much worse.
I like the phase 90 Marshall Ed sound the best though.

Dude was toasted no doubt.

chefcraig
06-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Who is a bigger tool, George Lopez or EVH?

Neither. The biggest tool in the box was any fan that first got excited and was surprised or disappointed in the outcome at this late date about any forthcoming news with regard to a band that ceased functioning a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I mean really, how many times have we all been through stuff like this, by now?

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9027/aaavvv.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/aaavvv.jpg/)

PETE'S BROTHER
06-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Neither. The biggest tool in the box was any fan that first got excited and was surprised or disappointed in the outcome at this late date about any forthcoming news with regard to a band that ceased functioning a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I mean really, how many times have we all been through stuff like this, by now?

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9027/aaavvv.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/aaavvv.jpg/)

fuck yes. new screensaver!

Dan
06-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Here's the vid, Ed's starts at about 2:10...

<object width="442" height="375" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/tegwebapps/tbs/tbs-www/cvp/tbs_432x243_embed.swf?context=lopez_embed_offsite&videoId=223603" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/tegwebapps/tbs/tbs-www/cvp/tbs_432x243_embed.swf?context=lopez_embed_offsite&videoId=223603" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="442" height="375"></embed></object>

Damn,Doesnt Work.:(

PETE'S BROTHER
06-25-2010, 08:10 PM

yes it does:tongue0011:

PETE'S BROTHER
06-25-2010, 08:11 PM

try cialis

i know, i know. how rude.:hitch:

Dan
06-25-2010, 08:13 PM
yes it does:tongue0011:

Doesnt Play For Me.All I Get Is A Blank Screen With The White Box In It.

And BTW......How Rude.

chefcraig
06-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Doesnt Play For Me.All I Get Is A Blank Screen With The White Box In It.

And BTW......How Rude.

It's another one of those sites that for one reason or another can not be viewed outside the continental U.S. Believe it or not, there are some sites (like MTV or VH-1) that prohibit their clips from even being shown in Canada. Give it a few days, and it will probably show up on Youtube. Clips from the show (but not the celebrity tribute compilation as of yet) are starting to arrive there as we speak.

Dan
06-25-2010, 08:52 PM
It's another one of those sites that for one reason or another can not be viewed outside the continental U.S. Believe it or not, there are some sites (like MTV or VH-1) that prohibit their clips from even being shown in Canada. Give it a few days, and it will probably show up on Youtube. Clips from the show (but not the celebrity tribute compilation as of yet) are starting to arrive there as we speak.

Thanks For That Craig.:D

Nitro Express
06-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Ed is getting fat.

hambon4lif
06-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Ed's putting on the pounds....

......growing his hair back out.....

.......plays "La Cookaracha" for the spick....

.....the end.....

4 pages of speculation for THIS FUCKIN' BULLSHIT?!??

This thread is testimony as to hard-up people are for Van Halen news nowadays.......

FTW!

GAR
06-26-2010, 02:59 AM

HAhahaa.. welcome to Roth Army Forums DaveTheScott!

sadaist
06-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Oh well. Just sit through the first 20 seconds or so of the names flashing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AtVYT0V0OXI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AtVYT0V0OXI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ThatArtGuy
06-26-2010, 05:33 AM

Worked for me and I'm in Canada. Oh well, there's the youtube now.

VAiN
06-26-2010, 03:25 PM
We're lucky as hell he put his sustainer away. That was much worse.

Seriously, that thing was a nightmare!

Big Troubles
06-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Ed seemed "weird" at first. I know he's generally shy when he's sober. Maybe thats it?

Dan
06-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Busy Doing What?

Nitro Express
06-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Ed seemed "weird" at first. I know he's generally shy when he's sober. Maybe thats it?

He seemed creepy actually. Ed used to be cool. Now he seems insane and not in a good way.

Nitro Express
06-27-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't watch television anymore so is Lopez the dude who took over after Connan got fucked?

Seshmeister
06-28-2010, 07:14 AM
It's amazing Ed can't even do a shitty celeb hello without whoring equipment like a dodgy used car salesman.

What's his problem he can't be short of cash FFS?

indeedido
06-28-2010, 02:56 PM
If there really was an edit of some details, then why not post to their website. I call b.s. There was no "special news", probably getting a lot of backlash and doing the old c.y.a.

chefcraig
06-28-2010, 03:02 PM
If there really was an edit of some details, then why not post to their website. I call b.s. There was no "special news", probably getting a lot of backlash and doing the old c.y.a.

Ed did say that he "needed to get George out to L.A., to put some Lopez on this sucker" (or words to that effect). Given that context, it's entirely possible the edited segment was more than likely along the lines of "I couldn't be there, as I'm working on the new VH album, blah blah blah".

Hummarstra
06-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Ed sounded drunk or has dentures now. Or both.

indeedido
06-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I suspect he has half of a tongue and a set of dentures or veneers of some sort. His meth teeth were rotten!

Nitro Express
06-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Ed sounded drunk or has dentures now. Or both.

How do you think he went from rotten green teeth to pearly whites? The man dyes his hair, wears dentures, is missing part of his tongue, has two artificial hip joints and AARP writes articles about him. Now he needs to climb a coconut tree and fall out of it.

Nitro Express
06-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Ed seemed a little buzzed there. He stays off the sauce about as long as Oprah stays off donuts.

Diamondjimi
06-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I can't understand a word Ed says with them big ass donkey teeth he's got now.

Jagermeister
06-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Mr. Ed comes to mind.

http://arapaho.nsuok.edu/~mooreer/mr-ed2.jpg

Nitro Express
06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Mr. Ed comes to mind.

http://arapaho.nsuok.edu/~mooreer/mr-ed2.jpg

He needs a cigarette in his mouth and striped guitar and he would be perfect.

Seshmeister
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I think he announced his cure for cancer and they edited it.

Anonymous
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM

Ya know, there IS a way to circumvent those restrictions... and it's all legal.

But I guess if it starts spreading, someone will "fix" it, so I'll just PM it to those interested parties.

It's NOT a proxy, by the way. You'll be using your own already existing connection & nothing more.

No weird illegal sites in languages noone ever heard about or anything.

Cheers! :bottle:

Diamondjimi
06-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Stalkers, diddlers and Trolls use proxy's...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
I actually sent Janie an email yesterday...

Nothing vulgar, simply stated how disappointed the fans are nowadays. Also mentioned the basically dormant Myspace/Facebook/Twitter/Youtube accounts, as well as the empty "official website"....

Her website plainly states that fan email will not be returned, but I hope she at least reads it....

Terry
06-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Whatever.

Mr. Fingers, his neckbraced goon of a brother, his tubby kid and Roth may eventually hit the road and flog the oldies for another cash fix.

Despite all my griping, I will likely go see them again should that come to pass, retarded punk-ass bitch that I am.

The particulars of when that might happen / "insider info" don't really matter.

Would be nice to see 'the vaults' released, though.

btw, Lopez isn't funny.

sadaist
06-30-2010, 02:20 AM
wears dentures.

Those are porcelain crowns. Fuck, if I had $20k extra sitting around, I'd get them too.

ZahZoo
06-30-2010, 08:46 AM
I suspect the Van Halen's orchestrated this ruse and happily sat back and laughed their collective asses off having successfully yanked the internet fan base's chains once again... Also proved again Ed's comment that the fans need to get a fuckin life...

Not sure which is more pathetic... us or their idiotic promotional games...

Carry on...

chefcraig
06-30-2010, 08:55 AM
I suspect the Van Halen's orchestrated this ruse and happily sat back and laughed their collective asses off having successfully yanked the internet fan base's chains once again...

The only flaw in this thinking is assuming that Van Halen has any sort of brain trust intact capable of thought (let alone action) to begin with.

ZahZoo
07-01-2010, 08:33 AM
The only flaw in this thinking is assuming that Van Halen has any sort of brain trust intact capable of thought (let alone action) to begin with.

Oh I don't know... Two years of doin nothin but jack shit seems ample enough time to cook up a lame ass PR stunt just to help a loser comedian buddy. Remember Ed is genius material when it comes to brain farts...

Igosplut
07-01-2010, 10:32 AM

Nothing vulgar, simply stated how disappointed the fans are nowadays. Also mentioned the basically dormant Myspace/Facebook/Twitter/Youtube accounts, as well as the empty "official website"....

Her website plainly states that fan email will not be returned, but I hope she at least reads it....

Did ya do it in care of this place? I can imagine how THAT would go over.....

chefcraig
07-01-2010, 11:07 AM

Yep, pretty much like a pregnant pole vaulter. You really have to wonder about the seemingly contradictory manner and mixed signals you get from some, if not all of these so-called "insiders". On one hand, you are being told that recording is underway. Another says that no activity is taking place at 5150, while yet a third states that things are dicey but are moving forward. All in all it seems as nebulous as a hurricane forecaster's predictions for the route of a storm:

"It may or may not hit us, we have no idea of it's strength or how much damage it will cause, we haven't a clue as to when it will arrive, but all of us will definitely end up getting soaked."

ThrillsNSpills
07-01-2010, 12:14 PM

Here's what Brett got :
Now that everyone is nice and pissed, I was just told that "what was sent to make the fans VERY happy was cut from the show."

Jagermeister
07-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Here's what Brett got :
Now that everyone is nice and pissed, I was just told that "what was sent to make the fans VERY happy was cut from the show."

Brett?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-01-2010, 12:34 PM
favre

Diamondjimi
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Brett?

"The Emperor":hee: of the VHLinks...

Jagermeister
07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
"The Emperor":hee: of the VHLinks...

That's what I thought. That ass taco doesn't know shit. And you can tell him I said that.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-01-2010, 07:58 PM

LOL, yup, put the URL in there and everything.... :D

chefcraig
07-01-2010, 10:18 PM
That's what I thought. That ass taco doesn't know shit. And you can tell him I said that.

I dunno, friend...I believe that is pretty unfair. Over the years, the guy has had to put up with all sorts of drama, back stabbing baloney and behind the scenes mayhem, forcing him to to bend over backwards at times to keep that site going. And God forbid, I would not want to deal with the day to day nonsense he has to cope with.

If anything, his place has worked as a defacto official site for the band for over a decade now. Yet for all of his efforts, the VH camp has decidedly chosen to keep him (and by extension, his site) out of the loop, which to me is pretty damned insulting. Stating that the guy "doesn't know shit" is in fact redundant, as in reality, none of us really knows otherwise.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I dunno, friend...I believe that is pretty unfair. Over the years, the guy has had to put up with all sorts of drama, back stabbing baloney and behind the scenes mayhem, forcing him to to bend over backwards at times to keep that site going. And God forbid, I would not want to deal with the day to day nonsense he has to cope with.

If anything, his place has worked as a defacto official site for the band for over a decade now. Yet for all of his efforts, the VH camp has decidedly chosen to keep him (and by extension, his site) out of the loop, which to me is pretty damned insulting. Stating that the guy "doesn't know shit" is in fact redundant, as in reality, none of us really knows otherwise.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised Brett has kept that site up for so long. Not because it's filled with sheep, but because he seemingly has had a "I don't give a shit" attitude about VH for several years now....

chefcraig
07-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Quite frankly, I'm surprised Brett has kept that site up for so long. Not because it's filled with sheep, but because he seemingly has had a "I don't give a shit" attitude about VH for several years now....

Look, you know by now I have a policy about not talking about other sites. Yet I will say this...any complaints about the guy should be immediately redirected back to the complainer. Nine times out of ten, the guy in charge of the site knew what he was talking about as he took certain actions.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh I agree Craig, the guy has put up with a ton of shit that I certainly wouldn't have. I don't have anything personal against him at all. Just saying that when it comes to talking about the band, his enthusiasm towards them has been much less than many of his members...

So in that regard, I give him props for continuing to spend the money to keep the site alive....

Va Beach VH Fan
07-03-2010, 07:21 PM
By the way, Hausman said at the Links that they now believe that the missing info wasn't something that Ed "said", but rather something that he played, like maybe part of a new song...