• Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Bret Michaels Pursues 'Idol' Job Despite Health Woes

By Daniel Kreps
    Jun 30, 2010 1:01 PM EDT

After suffering a massive brain hemorrhage in April, Michaels quickly rebounded by appearing on Celebrity Apprentice and returning to the concert circuit. And while the Poison frontman hasn't suffered any major setbacks on his road to recovery, Michaels' rep says the rocker is not quite back to 100 percent yet. "He still has pain from the chemical meningitis, short term memory loss and gets fatigued quicker than normal," Jenne Elias, the VP of Michaels Entertainment, told People. Michaels' doctor Joseph Zabramski estimates that 15 to 20 percent of people who suffer hemorrhages like Michaels' survive the initial shock, and of those who survive only 50 percent have a "good outcome" in terms of their recovery.

Nothin' But Good Times: Check out photos of Michaels' craziest days with Poison.

Michaels is back out on the road and showing no signs of slowing down. In fact, following reports that Michaels was being eyed as a possible replacement for Simon Cowell on the next season of American Idol, Michaels revealed that he will meet with producers in Los Angeles within the next couple weeks to explore the possibility of joining Ellen DeGeneres at the judge's table. "They did a poll and I think it was Madonna, P. Diddy, Howard Stern and myself, and I took 50% or 60% of the vote and that's tremendous," Michaels told Parade . "I would love to be a judge on American Idol. I think I would bring a lot to the table. I would have to bring my own personality. I think if they have someone in there to try to imitate Simon [Cowell], it would be a mistake; he's an original. Bring Bret Michaels in to be original to who and what I am. Bring someone who can bring a little grit, true grit back to the show."

Michaels previously told Rolling Stone that he suffered the hemorrhage in his Arizona home while watching "Skin-e-max." "I was going back and forth from SportsCenter to Busty Cops 3," he said. "Maybe that's what did it!" The rocker spent 12 days in Arizona's Barrow Neurological Institute before being discharged, but was readmitted after suffering from a "warning stroke" 16 days later. Despite the setback, Michaels still made it to the Celebrity Apprentice live finale in time to be named Donald Trump's winner, and has since had a clean bill of health.
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

"I would love to be a judge on American Idol. I think I would bring a lot to the table. I would have to bring my own personality."
      Uh-huh. Since you apparently have a choice Bret (unlike most human beings), for the sake of prime time television, leave your personality at home and instead bring one belonging to someone else.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Errrrrm, will all of the contestants have to blow him like they do on 'Rock of Love'?
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          Errrrrm, will all of the contestants have to blow him like they do on 'Rock of Love'?
          In addition to having to prove their dubious talents through a series of trails, the contestants this season will also need to pass a test for STDs, both before and after encountering Michaels.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Bwahahahahahaha!

Seriously though, do they really think that Brett will fill Simon's shoes?

Perhaps the Idol contestants could release a version of 'Un-Skinny Bop' to rival Glee's version of 'Don't Stop Believing'.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Catfish
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

How the fuck can someone with no talent be a judge on a talent show?

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                How the fuck can someone with no talent be a judge on a talent show?
                I thought the same thing when they let Ellen on there...

Ellen may have a talent for slapping a mean taco, but I don't know if that has fuck-all to do with music.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I would be afraid he would try to fuck all cute cuntestants.

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                    i thought the same thing when they let ellen on there...

ellen may have a talent for slapping a mean taco, but i don't know if that has fuck-all to do with music.
                    lol!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

He'd be better than smellen...

I think Sharon Osbourne would be good...

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        I think Sharon Osbourne would be good...
                        I can see it now: The winner will find their vocal tracks rerecorded on their debut album by some hack and find themselves embroiled in a lawsuit. The only way out of the quagmire will be by Sharon forcing them into playing Ozzfest with their earnings garnisheed, where they will be pelted with eggs by Osbourne's road crew and find their P.A. unplugged. Sharon will then kick them off the tour for badmouthing her, thus opening up a slot for a deserving act like Will Smith's wife's crummy metal band.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Catfish
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          I can see it now: The winner will find their vocal tracks rerecorded on their debut album by some hack and find themselves embroiled in a lawsuit. The only way out of the quagmire will be by Sharon forcing them into playing Ozzfest with their earnings garnisheed, where they will be pelted with eggs by Osbourne's road crew and find their P.A. unplugged. Sharon will then kick them off the tour for badmouthing her, thus opening up a slot for a deserving act like Will Smith's wife's crummy metal band.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

That would be better than the current BS...

Comment

• Catfish
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Diamond Dave should do it. He'd be perfect. A perfect mixture of musical know-how, talk show host and game show host.

What the fuck else does he have to do these days?

Comment

Working...