X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

PELOSI: Unemployment Insurance is a "job creator"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WUAG3Fqz56s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WUAG3Fqz56s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Lmmfao!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      Lmmfao!

Second

I just can't understand why people vote for this old bird. If you ever see her speak, you realize she has no fucking clue about anything, and is completely detached from the average person. She is the type of cocktail party throwing rich bitch who thinks her dainty little farts smell like roses and gets appalled if you use the wrong fork to eat your quiche'.

FUCK YOU! I use the longer fork. I ALWAYS use the longer fork...for everything. It holds a better size bite of food than the shorter fork.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

She came from Nob Hill in San Francisco and now we pay for her to fly back to California on Air Force jets every weekend and she spends $18,000 a month on a California office she probably never is in. Let them eat cake Pelosi.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Unemployment insurance is a form of slavery. Let's call it welfare. It makes people dependant on government handouts instead of rolling up their sleeves and taking care of themselves. It makes people system players and lazy. As soon as this becomes the norm the country becomes unproductive, corrupt, and will never be a world power. It becomes a broke welfare state.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Amen!

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Unemployment insurance is a form of slavery. Let's call it welfare. It makes people dependant on government handouts instead of rolling up their sleeves and taking care of themselves. It makes people system players and lazy. As soon as this becomes the norm the country becomes unproductive, corrupt, and will never be a world power. It becomes a broke welfare state.
              no, it's a job creator.

look, what do unemployed people do if you give them a little money? answer, they buy food. and pay rent. which means that landlords have more money and keep employing the maintenance staff. and grocery stores employ more people. and truck drivers, who deliver the food employ more people.

look, since you don't understand the system, i'll try to explain it: unemployment insurance normally lasts for 6 months. that's it. how exactly does that create slaves, dependant on the government? it doesn't. that's the fact.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                Second

I just can't understand why people vote for this old bird...
                Because she brings home the bacon, like all known quantity, senior politicians do.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  You're retarded if you actually believe this...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC_OM_rrTGo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC_OM_rrTGo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

ELVIS is a fucking idiot.

Anyone who doesn't get the math of WHY UI is a job creator, should just stick to bedpans
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Amen!
                        God hates UI?

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Any economist with an I.Q. over 60 will tell you that UI is one of the most effective and direct "economic stimulus" there is and is far more effective than hit or miss bullshit tax subsidies to corporations that drastically underpay on their income taxes anyways...

That's only the beginning...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                            no, it's a job creator.

look, what do unemployed people do if you give them a little money? answer, they buy food. and pay rent. which means that landlords have more money and keep employing the maintenance staff. and grocery stores employ more people. and truck drivers, who deliver the food employ more people.

look, since you don't understand the system, i'll try to explain it: unemployment insurance normally lasts for 6 months. that's it. how exactly does that create slaves, dependant on the government? it doesn't. that's the fact.
                            You are looking at it at a micro level. Sure, it dumps some money into the system per person short-term but the same businesses getting that money pay the taxes that allow the unemployment insurance to be available. On the macro level it fixes no problems at all. It's just a redistribution scheme and if it really crated jobs, there would be no need for it in the first place.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              Any economist with an I.Q. over 60 will tell you that UI is one of the most effective and direct "economic stimulus" there is and is far more effective than hit or miss bullshit tax subsidies to corporations that drastically underpay on their income taxes anyways...

That's only the beginning...
                              Any economist worth their salt will tell you that you produce your way out of a depression. Unemployment insurance produces nothing and until the US becomes a producer again instead of running derivative schemes it's going nowhere but down. In the real world people work for what they get. Systems that run on all sorts of clever redistribution of wealth gimmicks eventually run out of gimmicks and crash. History proves this.

Comment

Working...