PDA

View Full Version : Dave and Sammy's concert attendance numbers

Got_that_rhythm
07-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to these parts and a big Dave fan. Anyway, does anybody know where I can pull up Dave and Sammy's concert attendance numbers and gross amounts from like the last 10 years or so? I want to plug up the mindless drivel that's coming from the mouth of a Sammy fan.

DavidLeeNatra
07-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to these parts and a big Dave fan. Anyway, does anybody know where I can pull up Dave and Sammy's concert attendance numbers and gross amounts from like the last 10 years or so? I want to plug up the mindless drivel that's coming from the mouth of a Sammy fan.

look around...they are here...somewhere...but...make it easy...kick that fucker in his useless nuts and tell him to suck a dick...record sales 2:1 and the same with attendance numbers...more or less...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-02-2010, 01:40 PM

wiki pages and google are great tools for info. not sure where the stats you want would be posted here.

Starwood
07-02-2010, 01:42 PM
record sales 2:1 and the same with attendance numbers...more or less...

Agreed. Outside of the DLR Reunion, Sammy has easily outsold and had AT LEAST twice as much attendance as Dave (solo) over the past 10 years. Might even be 5:1.

Got_that_rhythm
07-02-2010, 01:51 PM
I've tried google and I haven't found much. I recall around 2001, and 2003 where Dave's numbers kind of rivaled Sammy's a bit. I'm looking mostly for those numbers.

Hardrock69
07-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I will only say it is not any indication of anything to look at concert attendances and grosses. Spamulus Flatulus has always been touring, if not with vanhagar, then solo or now with new and improved Chickenfoots! I could be wrong but it seems to me that the only real tours Uncle Dave has done in the past 10 years are the Sam and Dave Tour and then the VH stuff a couple of years back.

Spamulus The Ridiculously Fat will for sure show more of an overall attendance and more concert grosses, just due to touring a lot more than Dave.

If you wanna show your friend the Klown Puffer something that will make him cry, show him the sales figures for Classic VH vs. vanhagar.

Hardrock69
07-02-2010, 07:17 PM
One thing your friend needs to understand....Spambot RUINED Van Halen.

The FANS, and the guys in the band as well, went from eating on a level of Steak & Whiskey (wif Dave) to eating THIS:

http://i46.tinypic.com/ac518x.jpg

vh rides again
07-02-2010, 08:15 PM
all that matters is that daves show was a rock and roll asskicking and sammys was, well youll have to ask a sammy fan. when i seen the sam n dave tour i left after dave played and i wasnt alone goin out the door, alot of people left. fuck sammy hagar and his fans.

im will the person who suggested you forget the numbers and just bitchslap whoever is arguing with you about it.

Terry
07-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, Roth's live solo 'tours' of the last decade or so were, outside of the Sam and Dave tour, fairly sporatic affairs. Usually in fairly small venues.

I mean, does it really matter if Sammy's solo concert tours of the last decade had higher attendance figures than Dave's? I shouldn't think so, regardless of whom one prefers. Hagar and his music do nothing for me, so am I gonna feel like I made the wrong choice going to see Dave solo live in, say 2005 or 2006 just because more people went to see Hagar and his Waboritas?

Like, it's funny that Roth-era VH outsold Sam Halen by slightly more than a 2:1 margin, but even if the reverse was true, it wouldn't matter to me. The DLR Band cd sold less than 100,000 copies, but I think it's fucking killer, and in the end that's all I need to know.

Halen High
07-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I printed off a lot of attendance figures from the 2004 Van Hagar tour and the 2007/08 Van Halen tour to compare. Without digging them all out, I would say for the Sammy tour the average attendance was about 50-60% venue capacity, and for the Dave tour it was about 80-90% venue capacity. I do remember that the Sammy tour only sold out 4 shows and the Dave tour sold out at least 20-30 shows (at a guess).

Halen High
07-02-2010, 09:26 PM
As far as album sales go, Van Hagar did attempt to go Top 40 mainstream, so their figures are poor when compared with the likes of Def Leppard, Bon Jovi and Whitesnake who were doing the same thing at the time.

Big Troubles
07-02-2010, 09:54 PM
yup 04 tour was shit. even 5,000 seat arenas.

02 with Dave was a successful tour. especially when Dave continued on after sham "couldnt take it anymore".

Dave's 05/06 "tour" was respectable at 5,000 seat shows in good sized cities with small advertising (Like Rama)

not sure about sham around this time. i think he was selling booze.

07/08 highest grossing for the band. #4 highest paid that year. (I think it was a near $100 million tour)

DavidLeeNatra
07-03-2010, 03:33 AM
yup 04 tour was shit. even 5,000 seat arenas.

02 with Dave was a successful tour. especially when Dave continued on after sham "couldnt take it anymore".

Dave's 05/06 "tour" was respectable at 5,000 seat shows in good sized cities with small advertising (Like Rama)

not sure about sham around this time. i think he was selling booze.

07/08 highest grossing for the band. #4 highest paid that year. (I think it was a near $100 million tour)

nailed it...almost EVERY show was sold out in 07/08

smorgdonkey
07-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Attendance is like sales...there is no taste required. I saw Roth live in about 2004 and he was fantastic - far better than any Sam Halen that I have ever had the displeasure of being subjected to.