PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesner returns to the Octagon tonight!

hideyoursheep
07-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Minnesotan Brock Lesnar is returning to the Octagon after a bout of intestinal illness nearly killed him last year.
The UFC heavyweight champion meets Shane Carwin at UFC 116 in Las Vegas on Saturday night.

Lesnar says that in the year he's been away, he's improved his boxing and kickboxing kills and his diet, but his conditioning going into the fight is still a question.

Shane Carwin (12-0) has more wins than Lesner has fights, none of which made it past the 1st round.

Both fighters weighed in at 265 yesterday.

Carwin is for real. A very dangerous first fight for Lesner.

Look for Fedor to join the UFC now that his stock has dropped after his first loss in a decade. Still only his second career defeat, but now that he has been exposed as HUMAN, he won't be that big of a draw anymore.

POJO_Risin
07-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Fedor, as awesome as he was...had some luck in there as well. I do agree though. If he wins his next match up, he'll keep the fans...so they better tread lightly with his fight...

This Lesnar match is going to be awesome...first match back after nearly dying...and against another machine...

Look in the fucking mirror.

chefcraig
07-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I was really surprised to see a feature on Lesner during Sports Center last evening. He openly admitted to having issues with drinking and pain killers during his WWE days, saying he was doing so to get by while working with a few broken ribs and a messed up neck. It was left unclear as to whether that condition affected his UFC tenure, but after a year off he claims to be clean and healthier than before.

hideyoursheep
07-04-2010, 12:31 AM
...And here's where NOT going into the later rounds can bite you in the ass.

Lesnar wins! Good for him. He's been through a shitload.

But who's left?

Fedor? The question will always remain until it gets done in the octagon.

Dana White needs to make it happen.

hideyoursheep
07-04-2010, 12:37 AM
In case you didn't know POJO, and I'm sure you do, there are a plethora of former Big 10 wrestlers in the UFC ....not counting Lesnar.:)

hideyoursheep
07-04-2010, 12:48 AM
But who's left?

Fedor? The question will always remain until it gets done in the octagon.

I like Fedor, but I question his...how should I put it?...evolution?...in the world of MMA. He has a wicked right hand. His ground game?...Meh..

Jagermeister
07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I didn't watch the fight but a buddy said Lesner took an ass whipping then managed to choke the guy out. lol