Ha...I found a photo of VH taken at the same show I was at in Seattle, 1978 from vhnd

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Ha...I found a photo of VH taken at the same show I was at in Seattle, 1978 from vhnd

Guitarist Adam Bomb shares his story and personal photos from meeting Van Halen in the late seventies. The Van Halen portion below is from the full story on his Myspace page. His Van Halen story starts off in September of 1978. Adam was just a 15-year-old kid who was obsessed with rock 'n' roll, girls, smoking pot, and playing guitar, who just scored tickets to see Van Halen in Seattle...

• ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nice... always enjoy seeing picks of VH at the Day on the Green in Oakland in 78 knowing I'm somewhere in the sea fans mid field. Same with anything from the Oakland 81 shows... Those were the days!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Whatever happened to those guys? They should really put out an album & tour.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

That looks like an amazing show.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Did you fuck Debbie? It sounds like everyone else did.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

who?

wtf

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Did you fuck Debbie? It sounds like everyone else did.
              Her sister was by far the more enthusiastic one...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

It's cool to find stuff like this... I remember when the San Diego '84 bootleg was first being passed around, even though I can barely remember anything from the show, it was cool nonetheless to have it....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

I have recordings of concerts that are almost unlistenable, but I keep them just because I was there. By the way, been a long time since I posted this. Best photo from that show.
                  Seattle 9/29/78
                  Rescanned it just now:

Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-19-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

When that blistering band played here from 1978 onward, there was a local cheap, independent magazine thrown together every week or so known as RAG magazine. The thing was available free in every hip music store and instrument shop around South Florida. I've looked everywhere to find some of the photos it published of the early VH shows, to no avail. They were simple black and whites, yet they captured so much. If anyone has a link to these shots, feel free to offer them.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...