PDA

View Full Version : Evertune

jhale667
07-17-2010, 01:12 AM
This is a new (non-trem) bridge system that claims to be nearly impossible to knock out of tune once set up. Skeptical, seems to require quite a bit of modification (and a cavity for springs like a tremolo bridge) but looks interesting...

http://evertune.com/

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7NLV4RpCM8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7NLV4RpCM8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6g-1OYg7efY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54 abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6g-1OYg7efY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54 abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'd be into trying one on a Les Paul...

Hardrock69
07-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Interesting. Just when you think there is nothing new that can be done with bridges.

jhale667
07-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Here's another review from Phil Gates (cool dude and blues hound)...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CiaFiBAW1Ck&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CiaFiBAW1Ck&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

GAR
07-18-2010, 02:52 AM
I read about this today in Music Connection.

It seems it's a fixed bridge with a Bigsby-effect.. except on every single string.

In other words: a tension spring on each string. I'm not sure this is necessary, and some of these claims about holding tuning normally lost, are shallow especially given the demonstrator's displayed skill level.

Also one thing I read was the cost is just under 1000.00 and I could think of three different ways of anchoring individual string tension without necessitating a full-body depth rout, leading me to believe this new type of bridge's design is unnecessary.

It is a new type of bridge, though and I'm glad to see bold people with new ideas throw alot of money away on field-of-dreams hardware upgrades. There just isn't a market for such a thing.

I mean cmon, the article said also the guy's having the bridges made by the same Korea factory making those shitty cast Floyd socalled-license bridges.. my cost would be 17 bucks, and those are more complex assemblies than what this appears to be. Although I can't see inside it, the engineering principle tells me what is inside it, so I don't have to in order to say "a fucking grand - thats rediculous."

GAR
07-18-2010, 02:57 AM
Here's another review from Phil Gates (cool dude and blues hound)...

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CiaFiBAW1Ck&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

This guy has a problem playing in time - WTF?!?! @2:30 like that's gonna encourage me to go for it or something

jhale667
07-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Not to worry, you probably can't install it on your Charvette anyway.

GAR
07-18-2010, 03:35 AM
I'm not interested incompensated-anything regarding bridges.

I'll stick with the stop tailpiece and compensating one-half string width setbacks in the string notches - a pro setup person knows how to keep a guitar in tune without gimmicks.

Hardrock69
07-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Gee. Imagine that. Garfuckle is incapable of doing anything but trash people.

Go tell them how what they are doing is wrong, cocksucker.

jhale667
07-18-2010, 04:08 AM
a pro setup person knows how to keep a guitar in tune without gimmicks.

Then your shit must be CONSTANTLY out of tune. If it exists at all...:fufu:

GAR
07-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Speaking from experience or something?

Locked and loaded with Evertune on all your parts guitars already or no...

Blaze
07-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Locked and loaded with Evertune on all your parts guitars already or no...

Shut the fuck up, Gar.

jhale667
07-18-2010, 07:10 PM

Educated guess...we know you don't own anything other than (allegedly) a P.O.S. Charvette, you can't post a picture of that even - you know nothing, you ARE nothing - how could your stupid ass possibly keep a guitar in tune, fuckstump?

STFU, GARfail.

jhale667
07-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Apparently Slash has just gotten an Evertune system installed as well.

http://evertune.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/slash-gibson-evertune.jpg

And here's another video demonstrating the set-up...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPtYkEuUdLI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPtYkEuUdLI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
07-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Cool gizmo, but I could never bring myself to carve up my "Baby" for one of these.

jhale667
07-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Cool gizmo, but I could never bring myself to carve up my "Baby" for one of these.

Yeah, but I could see getting a new guitar with one already installed, maybe.... ;)

Diamondjimi
07-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Mmmmaybe! :biggrin:

GAR
07-23-2010, 08:07 PM
I like how they scribble their brand-name all across the tailpiece, like they reinvented the guitar or something.

You should be able to see that and immediately know there's something different about a guitar with a huge chunky block of hardware on it like that WITHOUT the engraving!

Hardrock69
07-23-2010, 10:39 PM
WHY should we be able to see that?

You try to pass yourself off as so smart.

Tell us why, you inbred marmoset fucker!

jhale667
07-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Don't bother. Nobody cares if you don't like it, GAyR. In fact, if you dislike it that probably means it's GREAT.

Back in your playpen. The MUSICIANS are talking.

GAR
07-24-2010, 01:17 AM
How can you stand yourself telling me what to say, or what not to say?

If you can't deal with the unexpected comments good or bad, why even post threads like this? I'm trying to point out some things I may not like - but it doesn't mean I DONT like it!

I never said that: don't put words in my mouth. I don't know if I dont like it! But these are the things I said I don't like:

- chunky
- branded logo
- expensive
- disagree with the approach entirely, because I understand the concept it approaches to correct - and the way I deal with it is compensating the string arc by back-cutting with a file on both the nut and the intonation point.

I may like it, but I also like my own solution too which only costs an extra couple hours in time.

jhale667
07-24-2010, 02:01 AM
How can you stand yourself telling me what to say, or what not to say?

If you can't deal with the unexpected comments good or bad, why even post threads like this? I'm trying to point out some things I may not like - but it doesn't mean I DONT like it!

I never said that: don't put words in my mouth. I don't know if I dont like it! But these are the things I said I don't like:

- chunky
- branded logo
- expensive
- disagree with the approach entirely, because I understand the concept it approaches to correct - and the way I deal with it is compensating the string arc by back-cutting with a file on both the nut and the intonation point.

I may like it, but I also like my own solution too which only costs an extra couple hours in time.

I'm telling you to contribute in a constructive manner (like you almost did there), or STFU. It's really that simple. Yes - we all know you hate me and everyone else here almost as much as you hate yourself - we get that. Thing is, nobody gives a shit, so build a bridge (rimshot) and get the fuck over it, Gary.

It's not about anyone "dealing" with your inane comments (and your being a generally a douche is never "unexpected", btw) - everyone is sick of it. Repeat, everyone. How many people have told you to STFU in here besides me? Oh yeah, pretty much everyone. So, get the hint. Drop the condescending Mr. Know-it-all bullshit. You're not fooling anyone. No one wants to hear how much better you'd do it since you can't post a pic or any proof you can do anything besides be an asshole. You're done shitting up every thread you post in. Post constructively and your shit doesn't get moved. That's how it works.

But interesting you're trying to play the "I haven't made up my mind" angle on the bridge system now, considering you were SO dismissive of it before - LMAO @ "trying to point out" cough..bullshit...cough
....However I actually don't necessarily disagree with you the design could possibly be more streamlined, but part of that may be it's a shape you don't usually associate with those instruments. Remember (because I know you're old enough to) Floyds looked HUGE compared to standard Strat trems originally, then everyone eventually became accustomed to them over time.

You can compensate for the string arc by filing all you want, but it's still not going to correct for slippage on the fly like that system does. You don't really think you're the only one here that "understands the concept", do you? If so pull that short bus over to the side of the pretentiousness highway....

GAR
07-26-2010, 12:13 AM
You don't really think you're the only one here that "understands the concept", do you?

I've met more guys who understand concept but cannot play a note of feeling, than guys who don't run-mauf, don't get concepts but play their asses off.

How's that for an answer?

Diamondjimi
07-26-2010, 12:33 AM
I've met more guys who understand concept but cannot play a note of feeling, than guys who don't run-mauf, don't get concepts but play their asses off.

How's that for an answer?

I just Googled your answer and it took me to a Clay Aiken forum.....

Blaze
07-26-2010, 01:36 AM
I think it looks OK.It would be nice if it was produced in colored metals.

Hardrock69
07-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Garfuckle wants it in pink, with twist-lock, quick-release fasteners so he can take it off his cardboard Charvette and shove it up his ass when jacking off over photos of 10-year-old boys.

jhale667
07-26-2010, 09:21 AM
I just Googled your answer and it took me to a Clay Aiken forum.....

:lmao: