X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

it is fucking hot

The Phoenix area is setting weather records that make most Valley residents groan.

On Monday, Phoenix set a record high for the daily low for July 19. The warmest low temperature had been 91 for July 19 in 2005, 2006 and 2009, but Monday the temperature only dropped to a low of 94 degrees.

Forecast

That low was hotter than the daytime high temperatures of cities such as Flagstaff, Miami, San Diego, Houston, and Chicago, according to the National Weather Service.

This was the fifth time this month that a daily record high minimum was set, and the third time this year that the temperature only fell to 94, the highest minimum temperature for 2010. The low was 94 last Thursday and Friday as well.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...#ixzz0uFklWrvK
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

It's been over 90 degrees every day here for over a month now... And only yesterday was there a measurable rainfall, which felt great....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

That sucks dude. I live in CA near Riverside, and we just had four days of about 105-110 temps. Close to 115 one day. Never got below 85 at night. That just sucks. I can handle sleeping & being inside with the AC set in the low 80's and a fan on. Can't afford to keep it lower than that, but I sure hear the neighbors AC cranking all day & night. I'd rather sweat a bit than have a $700 electric bill.

Speaking of...if air conditioning had never been invented, would Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas be cities at all?

I prefer cold over heat when talking of excessive amounts. With cold you can keep bundling up more & more. With hot you can only get so naked.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

So How Does The Sun-Tan Look Now?
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

may's electric bill was $205. june was $305, can't wait for july's. we did get our first monsoon storm sunday night tho. srp raises their rates for jun thru aug, rotten fucks.
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dan
            So How Does The Sun-Tan Look Now?
            spectacular

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Sweet As, Mine Too.:wink:

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

I was in UT a couple of weeks ago and it was 105. BUT, it was more comfy there at 105 than it is here at 85. Fucking humidity!!

I have my AC runnin 24/7.

In the winter I pay $350/month for oil heat, in the summer I pay $350/month for electricity.

This is why I love spring and fall!!
                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

yeah, can't wait to open the windows back up in september.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    yeah, can't wait to open the windows back up in september.
                    One year it was mid-October and it was 90 degrees!
                    The next year it was mid-October and it snowed!!
                    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

we were at a packer game here, years ago, 3rd week in september and it was 112 or sumthin', my dad (in from wisconsin) had blisters on the back of his ankles and calves from the heat blistering him while we were tailgaitin'!

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Never Done Tailgaitin Before.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

the hell you beller!!! that should be fixed, stat!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Been in the 90s here almost every day since May.

Friend of mine in Austin, Texas told me yesterday that they have been over 100 for 70 days this year so far.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Been in the 90s here almost every day since May.

Friend of mine in Austin, Texas told me yesterday that they have been over 100 for 70 days this year so far.

Comment

Working...