Chickenfoots New Album is Good News for VH fans.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firestarter
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Chickenfoots New Album is Good News for VH fans.

breaking bone on the SIRIUS boneyard played new chicken foot, then confirming a 2nd cd to be released which is great...great meaning vh is still dave,wolf, ed and al
  • LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2010

what the hell is a chicken foot?

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

It is what your mamma liked to break off in her ass. It fermented for nine months with the shit, then she took a colossal dump and you were born.

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LEFTY
        Chicken Foot In My Ass.
        How Rude.
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by firestarter
          breaking bone on the SIRIUS boneyard played new chicken foot, then confirming a 2nd cd to be released which is great...great meaning vh is still dave,wolf, ed and al
          I don't see the correlation...or what is so "great."

Are you suggesting that you prefer Wolfgang McNugget over Michael Anthony?

Or are you suggesting that since Spammy is still cranking out Chicken-shit music that he's not back in the VH fold?

Either way, I see it as irrelevant, because I think this is VH's last stand. If they don't produce with Dave, then they're DONE and will move into the pantheon of great bands that are no more. All we will have to look forward to is box sets of unreleased gems, alternate takes, and unreleased concert films and video.
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
            I don't see the correlation...or what is so "great."
            I believe firestarter is attempting to say that since Chickenfood is still together, it means that VH is intact and Hagar will not be returning. The irony of course being that while Van Halen has done nothing other than sell false nostalgia since 2007 (shoes, equipment never used on VH albums, ect), the dorks in Chickenfood have managed to form, tour, develop a website, record two albums, film videos and issue a live DVD with seemingly little effort in around a third of that time. The cynical will note that the quality of the music reflects this little effort, yet like it or not this outfit has been more productive in less than two years than the myth of Van Halen has been in over a decade.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
              I believe firestarter is attempting to say that since Chickenfood is still together, it means that VH is intact and Hagar will not be returning. The irony of course being that while Van Halen has done nothing other than sell false nostalgia since 2007 (shoes, equipment never used on VH albums, ect), the dorks in Chickenfood have managed to form, tour, develop a website, record two albums, film videos and issue a live DVD with seemingly little effort in around a third of that time. The cynical will note that the quality of the music reflects this little effort, yet like it or not this outfit has been more productive in less than two years than the myth of Van Halen has been in over a decade.
              I dig it, chef. I knew what firestarter was driving at, but the presentation was a little "cloudy."

Everything you pointed out about Chickenshit is indeed true. However, the irony is that with all of that being true, it actually flies in the face of firestarter's assertion that Chickenshit's high activity level menas that VH is still together and actually a viable band at this point.

If anything, when you draw the comparison between the two, VH appears dead and buried....no matter who is allegedly "in the lineup."
              Last edited by fryingdutchman; 07-23-2010, 08:12 AM. Reason: Because I fucked up, OKAY? I'm not fuckin' perfect...so sue me, bitch.
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                It is what your mamma liked to break off in her ass. It fermented for nine months with the shit, then she took a colossal dump and you were born.
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Chef's right... also shows guys from the same era and even older than Ed with similar partying merit badges can be productive musicians, despite the state of the music business, economy, record labels and whatever lame-assed excuses Ed, Dave and Al want to cook up for being lazy asses...

Chickenfoot's music may be irrelevant, but the work-ethic of lesser creative forces from Van Halen is a blaring contrast to the alleged geniuses and king-pins of the once mighty VH... Can't hide or minimize that fact... sad as it is...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Funny how ANYONE associated with Van Halen is CONSTANTLY productive...touring, releasing new albums, new live DVDs, etc.

The only people who do not do JACK SHIT are spEd and drumplayer. I would venture to say if it were not for Wolfy and his pressuring dear old dad, there would not even have been a reunion tour.

I bet spEd and drumplayer would be perfectly content to retire, and never even play anything EVER AGAIN.

Comment

• fwacf
                      Roadie
                      • Jul 2004

You fuckin cares!
                      When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                        The only people who do not do JACK SHIT are spEd and drumplayer.

And oddly, (and unfortunately), Dave can be added to that list all of a sudden.

Very uncharacteristic of the Diamond One...and quite disturbing.

Like it or not, Dave (at least on the surface) appears to be a co-conspirator to whatever the fuck is (or isn't) going on up at Howdy Doody Mountain.

I will now stop adding subtle nuances in parentheses...(I promise)

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Chickenfoot's music may be irrelevant, but the work-ethic of lesser creative forces from Van Halen is a blaring contrast to the alleged geniuses and king-pins of the once mighty VH... Can't hide or minimize that fact... sad as it is...
                          Honestly, I really hope that the next time Edward Van Halen opens up a fat mouth (crying to an interviewer that fans will not support new music from VH), the said interviewer will throw the Chickenfoot case study in his whiny face. The fact is, a group can be successful in this day and age, yet the parameters of what defines that success have greatly changed in as little as the last 5 years. The reason this simpleton can not see the forest for the trees is quite simple: EGO. Rather than looking down from Mt. Olympus and dismissing the huddled masses for being at fault, EVH need only look in the mirror or at least open his eyes to the world around him (OK, the real world outside of the 5150 compound).

It's funny...for years Sir Edward blamed Dave Roth for having a head too large to fit in a room, yet it would appear that times have changed and the roles are now reversed. Sadly, he does not seem to realize that awards shows and sitcoms are celebrating him for whom he once was, and not who he is today. Hey Ed, it's no longer the eighties. Hell, it's not the nineties, either.
                          Last edited by chefcraig; 07-23-2010, 09:11 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by fwacf
                            You fuckin cares!
                            Shut up, Corky. The adults are talking.

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

A new Chickenfoot record serves no good for anyone or anything.
                              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...