You can't see the forest through the trees...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ole No. 1
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Apr 2004

You can't see the forest through the trees...

I think you guys MAY be losing sight of what the clips you saw were from... A dress R-E-H-E-A-R-S-A-L. This wasn't a "Hey Eddie... blow their F'in minds" tour opener. The guy is older and he hasn't played in front of anybody for 6 years, so he's bound to be nervous or apprehensive about being onstage.

Yeah, he's had difficulties over the past few years and will continue to deal with health issues for the rest of his life because of them. And most had to do with poor lifestyle choices... but that doesn't mean that you can look at him and go "DAMN... he looks horrible; He MUST BE ON DRUGS"... That's just stupid. And don't kid yourself, Dave is no spring chicken. Ed looks just as lean as Dave and has the same amount of wrinkles... Only you guys aren't analyzing and scrutinizing every step Dave makes like you do Eddie.

"OH SHIT, DLR can't do the jump from the drum riser the way he did in 1978".... he must have a drug problem, or cancer, or bubonic plague... Come on. THESE GUYS ARE 50 YEARS OLD; NOT 25!!!

I don't think one just forgets how to do something that has been a part of life for 30 years. I'm sorry... I like VH with Dave as much as anybody else, but this is not 1978, 1982 or 1984... it is 2004.
    Last edited by Ole No. 1; 06-05-2004, 01:13 PM.
  • guwapo_rocker

but that doesn't mean that you can look at him and go "DAMN... he looks horrible; He MUST BE ON DRUGS"...
    Yes we can!!!!

Comment

• Lou

So is Wolfie gonna be involved in the actual Van Hagar show? To make this band as big of a joke as humanly possible?

Comment

• classicdude
        Foot Soldier
        • Apr 2004

Um, I beg to differ about Dave being able to jump from the drum riser statement....

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2004

Not playing in front of a live audience for 6 years does not make a guy "nervous or apprehensive" that has toured the friggin world in front of millions of people. Ask any of us who actually play in bands. Eddie Van Halen would tear the heads off guitar players for a living. Ed embodied fearlessness as a guitar player live. Now Ed just sucks.

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Last tour, Ed said he'd never played before a crowd sober and that he got nervous and scared every show that he'd fuck it all up.
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Noodles

Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
              Not playing in front of a live audience for 6 years does not make a guy "nervous or apprehensive" that has toured the friggin world in front of millions of people. Ask any of us who actually play in bands. ...
              wrongo, fluff'n'stuf. i am sorry, man. you haven't done anything of the sort, i guarantee it. simply "playing in a band" don't count, neither.

sheeeesh. i gotta say: what the f*ck kinda "fans" are some o' you guys? i've never seen such a brutal verbal crucifiction of a musician before, among so-called fans/aficionados/contemporaries. jeeezus. y'all should go hang at the Sammy Buffet 'boards and spew yer uneducated opinions and humorless monologues.

there's waaaay better things to do 'round these parts, dudes.

MUSIC.

LISTEN. PLAY. HAVE FUN. BE COOL. GET ENLIGHTENED.

<hops offa soapbox. back in cage>

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2004

Noodles, you don't know what you are bitchin like a little pu$$y about. Just because you must've wet your pants when you played out, doesn't mean others do. You can say stupid crap about me all you want, but the conversation is about Ed and how friggin bad he played. Ed used to go onstage fired up. Now he looks like a joke. Are you saying I have more balls than Ed because I don't get scared?

Comment

• Noodles

funny little man. ever toured the world? (shit, ever been outside of NJ?) riiiiiiight. we all know.

yeh, "balls". sure. (i see ya went in and edited your profile to say "NJ/NY" just prior to posting this reply. ha, can't make up your mind. or, more likely: "NY" tacked-on makes you feel more worthy of throwin bullshit around here. for whatever reason) little raisinettes, baby.

you talk outta your ass, and listen with your armpits, paisano. but in time, you will learn, grassshufffer.

phhhhht.

outttt ----

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2004

You dumb ass, ask a moderator if I modified my profile. What an idiotic thing to say. Would someone help this knucklehead get his ass out of his head?

Again, your stupid attacks on me only reinforce what I am saying. My comparison between my onstage experience and Ed's is clearly meant to show how much greater his experience is. That is the point. Is that too hard for you to understand?

What I said is that his poor ass playing is not because of not playing out in a long while. It is because he just sucks now. Ed was never one to play like crap because he was scared. How idiotic

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                      So is Wolfie gonna be involved in the actual Van Hagar show? To make this band as big of a joke as humanly possible?
                      No. Roth will return and all 4 of them will miraciously (sp?) return to being 20 something year olds. :p
                      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Working...