PDA

View Full Version : ZAKK WYLDE On Egg-Throwing OZZFEST Incident: 'If I Was IRON MAIDEN, I'd F**k Some Peo

Jagermeister
08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
ZAKK WYLDE On Egg-Throwing OZZFEST Incident: 'If I Was IRON MAIDEN, I'd F**k Some People Up'

lol This is awesome.
http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=7661

Charlie Steffens of KNAC.COM recently conducted an interview with Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE). An excerpt from the chat follows below.

KNAC.COM: There's something that's been hanging out there a while that's caused a lot of people to take sides, when the truth is, we're supposed to be all on the same team. Some of it has been fueled by other parties directly involved in the 2005 Ozzfest IRON MAIDEN egg-throwing thing. I'm not interested in your opinion of the characters involved, but I'd love to know if you have something you want the heavy music fans out there to know, now that five years of water has passed under the bridge.

Wylde: Well, the whole thing is ridiculous. What it should have been down to is Mom [Ozzy's wife/manager Sharon Osbourne] should've just talked with their manager and just said, "Hey, look it. Tell your guy to shut the fuck up. And if he mentions one more thing, you guys are off the tour." That's it. You're done. And if their manager, Rod [Smallwood], went over to them — because they're all fucking grown-ups — and said, "Dude, enough of the fucking bagging on The Boss [Ozzy]. First off, it's their fucking tour." And that's the end of the conversation. The minute he goes back there and says, "Oh, fuck this. We don't need a reality TV show, fuck Ozzy, this and that, bla bla bla..." then you know what? Pull the power on them right there. Have a guy sitting on the side of the stage every fucking night and the minute he says one bad thing about Ozzy, break his fucking legs and you're off and you're on your way. That's it. Done.

KNAC.COM: So that's what was really going on?

Wylde: It should have never got to eggs. If anyone ever threw eggs at me, I'd break their fucking legs, dude. I'd stop the show right there and whoever was throwing the fucking eggs — I'd fuckin' morgue them. I wouldn't hospitalize them. I'd fuckin' kill them, right there. I'm looking at both sides. If I was IRON MAIDEN, I'd fuck some people up. And, if I find out who's responsible for it, they're getting fucked up, too. I mean, I'd never go up onstage and start bagging on whoever the headliner is. If anything, all I ever do is thank the band for letting us play with them. When I opened up for TED NUGENT and LYNYRD SKYNYRD, I thought, this is such an honor to be playing with these guys. Why would I say anything bad about them? You know what I mean? And on top of that, you're getting paid. It's so fuckin' ridiculous. It's a fuckin' joke. I had no idea. I was just like, "Whatever, man." I'm telling you right now — the way I would have handled it would be, "Hey, guy. You tell your singer to shut the fuck up or hands down, I'll break his fuckin' neck. I'll break his legs first, then I'll break his fuckin' neck. Then you'll have no singer. So he can't say shit. Throw eggs? I'll slit his fuckin' throat, dude. I'd say, "fuck you!" Fuckin' throw eggs? Are you fuckin' kidding me? What, are we in second grade here? Come on. Throw eggs? Throw fuckin' grenades, now. You motherfucker. That whole thing should have just never happened. It should've been, "Tell him to shut up or the guy's off tour." That's it. Then his manager would have said, "Dude, enough of the talking, slagging the headlining act." I mean, how old are we here, dude? How old is Bruce Dickinson? You'd expect that out of an 18-year old, like the Battle of the Bands in high school? What do you think about it?

KNAC.COM: I was there all day and all that night in San Bernardino, really liking the whole thing, up to the point of the egging. And I continued to dig the show afterward. When BLACK SABBATH went on and did their set, they were totally professional, of course. Ozzy didn't say shit...

Wylde: I guarantee you that Ozzy didn't even know that that went down. I'm telling you. I know he didn't.

Jagermeister
08-09-2010, 04:35 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlcZEuzHMhI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlcZEuzHMhI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jlqELxnupYY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jlqELxnupYY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

atomicpunk5151
08-09-2010, 04:58 PM
how old was that interview with Zakk?

+++

Yeah stupid shit on both side. Sharon was a cunt, should have been handled different. Bruce could have also STFU.

Diamondjimi
08-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Agreed.

$haron is a classless Cunt!

Jagermeister
08-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I think its new. I got a kick out of the leg breaking shit.

ThrillsNSpills
08-09-2010, 07:05 PM
See the line where it says 5 years have passed under the bridge?

chefcraig
08-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Wylde: I guarantee you that Ozzy didn't even know that that went down. I'm telling you. I know he didn't. Ozzy hasn't known what was going on since sometime in 1974.

There, fixed that for ya, Zakk.

Seshmeister
08-09-2010, 10:32 PM
What age are these people?

Hardrock69
08-09-2010, 10:35 PM
If anyone ever threw eggs at me, I'd break their fucking legs, dude. I'd stop the show right there and whoever was throwing the fucking eggs — I'd fuckin' morgue them. I wouldn't hospitalize them. I'd fuckin' kill them, right there. I'm looking at both sides. If I was IRON MAIDEN, I'd fuck some people up. And, if I find out who's responsible for it, they're getting fucked up, too.

I love that statement. I bet that chaps the KUNT's ass! :lol:

FUCK THAT FUCKING BITCH! SHE IS A FUCKING KUNT! SHE OWES MAIDEN AN APOLOGY! SHE OWES EVERYONE WHO WAS AT THAT CONCERT AN APOLOGY!

AND SHE OWES THE HUMAN RACE A FUCKING APOLOGY FOR EXISTING! :mad:

VanHalener
08-09-2010, 11:12 PM
For some reason I want to throw an egg at him and go with the flow.

ZAKK cracks me up.

Hardrock69
08-09-2010, 11:27 PM
:lol:

neuralfraud
08-10-2010, 09:49 AM
I loved her quote "Before there was SAMSON, there was SABBATH!"

So what, ya old rag? Iron Maiden is easily the biggest band on the fucking planet. Bruce Dickinson could take a shit on the stage, put the microphone next to the shit, and leave, and for the next 3 hours people would cheer.

Zakk's right though, what a stupid bullshit incident and it could have been easily avoided. However, when you have "Scientific Research" claiming that someone's personality is pretty much set for life from the 1st grade, well, it's easy to understand how that situation came to be. Link: Personality Set for Life By 1st Grade (http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100806/sc_livescience/personalitysetforlifeby1stgradestudysuggests)

my $.02

sonrisa salvaje
08-10-2010, 10:35 AM
In a related story, Zakk will play Jason Voorhees in the next Friday the 13th movie. :biggrin:

chefcraig
08-10-2010, 11:57 AM
In a related story, Zakk will play Jason Voorhees in the next Friday the 13th movie. :biggrin:

It's too bad that Otis B. Driftwood died at the end of The Devil's Rejects. Zakk would have been a shoo-in for the sequel.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4577/devilsrejects1f.jpg (http://img811.imageshack.us/i/devilsrejects1f.jpg/)

Seshmeister
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
I mean, how old are we here, dude? How old is Bruce Dickinson? You'd expect that out of an 18-year old, like the Battle of the Bands in high school? What do you think about it?

This from the moron that says he would slit some ones throat for throwing an egg and calls Sharon 'MOMMY'.

In related news Jeffrey Wielandt will be playing the part of Chris in the new Family guy live action movie.

http://0.tqn.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/U/K/familyGuy_Chris_dull_72.jpg

Jagermeister
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
See the line where it says 5 years have passed under the bridge?

I know the incident is old.:umm:

sonrisa salvaje
08-10-2010, 12:50 PM
It's too bad that Otis B. Driftwood died at the end of The Devil's Rejects. Zakk would have been a shoo-in for the sequel.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4577/devilsrejects1f.jpg (http://img811.imageshack.us/i/devilsrejects1f.jpg/)

Good point! Maybe he could be his long lost brother Bubba Dirtweed.

bueno bob
08-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Sabbath came before Samson....yes....but that was Tony and Geezer's baby - Sharon knows that. Not like Ozzy actually WROTE anything for Sabbath outside of humming a few melodies. On top of that, while Sabbath and Ozzy are bigger in the American market, around the world, to be blunt about it, Sabbath and Ozzy solo aren't a fart in the wind compared to the audiences, album sales and adoration from the worldwide metal community that Iron Maiden commands.

Bruce has always been verbal live against mainstream media, the radio, MTV, whatever...hell, I saw him live in '97 and he railed on and on about how mainstream media blew...until somebody comes up with video evidence that he DIRECTLY said anything against the Osbournes, than neither Ozzy nor Zakk nor Sharon have a leg to stand on, to be honest.

To be fair, though, The Osbournes was on the air and Bruce might have exercised a little discretion, but...oh well...

Somebody wake me up when Zakk plays something worthwhile again though, cool?

GAR
08-13-2010, 08:03 PM
This from the moron that says he would slit some ones throat for throwing an egg and calls Sharon 'MOMMY'.

I'm out of THANKS buttons..

Seshmeister
08-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Sabbath came before Samson....yes....but that was Tony and Geezer's baby - Sharon knows that. Not like Ozzy actually WROTE anything for Sabbath outside of humming a few melodies. On top of that, while Sabbath and Ozzy are bigger in the American market, around the world, to be blunt about it, Sabbath and Ozzy solo aren't a fart in the wind compared to the audiences, album sales and adoration from the worldwide metal community that Iron Maiden commands.

I'm not so sure about that.

To be honest I've never been too sure about Bruce Dickinson and over the years he has definitely had his asshole moments but the bottom line with this incident is that Sharon as ever has shown herself to be the least classy cunt in the world.

I don't quite know how she gets away with it. Her public image that she has invented as a straight arrow fiercely loyal matriarch good guy is so far from the truth.

BITEYOASS
08-13-2010, 09:41 PM
I can agree with Zakk's opinion to an extent. But when Justin Beaver (intentional misspelling) gets hit with a water bottle, then that my friend is well-deserved! :biggrin:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMRg11hQLds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMRg11hQLds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
08-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Does a plastic bottle lightly brushing off her hand really deserve 4 exclamation marks? :)

hambon4lif
08-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Let me see if I got this straight......this whole thing is about the throwing of a few eggs at a show...and this life-threatening catastrophe happened over 5 fucking years ago?

Am I following this right so far?

I guess it's easier for Zakk to re-hash the past in an interview than it is for him to admit that he doesn't have shit going on right now.

The fact that this a story in 2010 borderlines on complete sadness.

......must've been a slow news day over at Blabbermouth.

bueno bob
08-13-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm not so sure about that.

To be honest I've never been too sure about Bruce Dickinson and over the years he has definitely had his asshole moments but the bottom line with this incident is that Sharon as ever has shown herself to be the least classy cunt in the world.

I don't quite know how she gets away with it. Her public image that she has invented as a straight arrow fiercely loyal matriarch good guy is so far from the truth.

Agreed....although what part are you not sure about, was it Sabbath vs. Maidens worldwide audience or my defense of Bruce? I think I lost something in translation there...

bueno bob
08-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Let me see if I got this straight......this whole thing is about the throwing of a few eggs at a show...and this life-threatening catastrophe happened over 5 fucking years ago?

Am I following this right so far?

I guess it's easier for Zakk to re-hash the past in an interview than it is for him to admit that he doesn't have shit going on right now.

The fact that this a story in 2010 borderlines on complete sadness.

......must've been a slow news day over at Blabbermouth.

He wants his job back with Ozzy, obviously.

GAR
08-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I can agree with Zakk's opinion to an extent. But when Justin Beaver (intentional misspelling) gets hit with a water bottle, then that my friend is well-deserved! :biggrin:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMRg11hQLds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMRg11hQLds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

HAHAHA oh Fuck that was the funniest thing I've seen this entire year!

Diamondjimi
08-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I actually agree with the Loser in the previous post on this one...

atomicpunk5151
08-14-2010, 11:02 AM
He wants his job back with Ozzy, obviously.

Zakk just had a new BLS cd come out last Tuesday. He is on Tour with OZZFEST starting today. The new cd is better then Ozzy's last disk Scream with Kevin Churko (IMO). Which isn't saying to much though..........

Anyways, back to the Zakk hating.........

Igosplut
08-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I saw Steven Tyler get conked on the noggin with a whiskey bottle at the Cape Cod Coliseum back in the eighty's....

They hauled the guy (the wrong guy as I saw it) on stage, Tyler grabbed him by the hair and yelled: "If you don't like my fucking singing, HERE, YOU sing" Giving him the mic.

The poor guy babbled about not doing it, and they tossed him out.

Tyler was probably pissed because the bottle was empty......

Seshmeister
08-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Agreed....although what part are you not sure about, was it Sabbath vs. Maidens worldwide audience or my defense of Bruce? I think I lost something in translation there...

The worldwide audience thing.

You could be right though, Maiden are huge in some unfashionable places like Eastern Europe and South America basically because they have worked so hard touring these places over the last 30 years.

Touring is where it's at in the long term. It's like the members here that post from places like Finland, that's all because of work Roth put in as a solo artist.

bueno bob
08-16-2010, 10:40 PM
The worldwide audience thing.

You could be right though, Maiden are huge in some unfashionable places like Eastern Europe and South America basically because they have worked so hard touring these places over the last 30 years.

Touring is where it's at in the long term. It's like the members here that post from places like Finland, that's all because of work Roth put in as a solo artist.

Kinda what I was thinking, personally. Audience-wise, Maiden commands some HUGE, HUGE attendance numbers overseas, no doubt, and I know for pretty certain that they outsell Ozzy's solo albums in a lot of different markets.

atomicpunk5151
08-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Back to Zakk....

Not a bad debut this week in the US. Actually suprisingly good.

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's new album, "Order Of The Black", sold around 33,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 4.

GAR
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
SHIT what does that say about retail sales in the industry!

You sell only 33,000 and you're Number 4? That's NOT a good sign for the state of American music as a culture.

Zakks' gonna have to file bankrupcy at that rate. Cuz touring only pays 10 or 15 thou a week where he's touring, and then he's gotta pay everyone else..

Metal is truly dead isn't it.

GAR
08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
I knew I shoulda stayed in school. I could have made a fine pharmacist technician, or lead car wash windshield squeegee'r..

atomicpunk5151
08-18-2010, 04:53 PM

You sell only 33,000 and you're Number 4? That's NOT a good sign for the state of American music as a culture.

Zakks' gonna have to file bankrupcy at that rate. Cuz touring only pays 10 or 15 thou a week where he's touring, and then he's gotta pay everyone else..

Metal is truly dead isn't it.

People are still getting Metal, just not buy buying it.......... I would guess that the BLS disk has been downloaded over 30,000 times between Pirate Bay, Demoniod, ect.......

+++

At least Iron Maiden may hit #1 next week. But I guess that really isn't saying much anymore...

Seshmeister
08-18-2010, 08:03 PM

Zakks' gonna have to file bankrupcy at that rate.

As long as there isn't a tax on mediocrity or donuts Zack will do just fine...