X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Site Making Money Off Of Torrent I Post

Was bored, so I typed 'fullbugged' into google to see what would come up, and this came up, http://mwvroz.110mb.com/limni.html
    about a year or so ago I found on some torrent site I cant even remember a Ozzy Osbourne Salt Lake City 1984 Dvd so after that I thought I would share it on demonoid, now I discover on this site whoever runs it has copied everything I posted, including the picture, and just pasted it in, including MY USERNAME and is now selling this thing for 20 bucks online, what a piece of shit, I wonder if I should be worried about this, that someone making money off of this could come back to me....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

That's a good question.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Wow. On the radio there's this ad running often for a site "reputation defender" that supposedly has some automated response allowing you to restrict your personal data like that off a website.

It is a paid service: http://www.reputationdefender.com/product

I like listening to Leo Laporte's Tech Guy show on the weekends, and he usually explains everything in laymans' terms easily. Especially when its' the technical services of an advertiser.

Get your tech queries solved on the Ask The Tech Guys podcast! Tech experts Leo Laporte & Mikah Sargent decode the tech world, making it accessible for all. Subscribe now!

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Interesting Gar, will check that out.....
        I sent the website an email complaining about this, havent heard back from them yet though.....
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

I recorded Boston in Wichita, KS in March of 1979. I put it up on the net last year to share amongst bootleggers for free, even created a custom cover for it.

Now Japanese bootleg labels are selling it online (one label is named Uxbridge):

Original cover I made:

Bastardized Japanese Bootleg Cover:

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I emailed the main site, turns out its a free webpage hosting site, and complained, and got this automated response-

We're on it captain!

We won't necessarily reply. Because 99% of cases, the reported domain gets removed.

So I hope the domain gets canned, would look good on the bastards.....

Comment

• Blaze
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

you shot a fish in a barrel! booma!
              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
              sigpic

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Xlnt~!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Full Bug
                  Was bored, so I typed 'fullbugged' into google to see what would come up, and this came up, http://mwvroz.110mb.com/limni.html
                  about a year or so ago I found on some torrent site I cant even remember a Ozzy Osbourne Salt Lake City 1984 Dvd so after that I thought I would share it on demonoid, now I discover on this site whoever runs it has copied everything I posted, including the picture, and just pasted it in, including MY USERNAME and is now selling this thing for 20 bucks online, what a piece of shit, I wonder if I should be worried about this, that someone making money off of this could come back to me....
                  That's fucking bullshit! Not only is it not legal it's not right. :dafinger:

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                    I emailed the main site, turns out its a free webpage hosting site, and complained, and got this automated response-

We're on it captain!

We won't necessarily reply. Because 99% of cases, the reported domain gets removed.

So I hope the domain gets canned, would look good on the bastards.....
                    Holy Shit,Full Bug Is A Captain.
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Full Bug
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Well, I noticed this morning that the website did remove my username, but is still selling the DVD, didnt get an email saying sorry or anything, the question becomes now do I still try to have the site shut down or just let it go? It still bothers me that they are selling the DVD but...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Always the victim... eh Bug?
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Which is the greater wrong: FB giving away his project made from copywritten material - or the dickhead putting it up for sale?

Comment

• Full Bug
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Well, the complaint worked, the account has been suspended....

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Yeah!

Comment

Working...