PDA

View Full Version : Axl Rose Continues To Be An Anal, Self-Centered Knucklehead

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr Badguy
08-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Axl Rose appears to have cancelled all of Guns N Roses’ touring commitments for the rest of the year – including the Reading/Leeds headline shows and their UK tour.

It’s been a little while since we have seen a typically eccentric Axl Rose event, but this would seem to be one of the very best.

A simply post on his official Twitter page says: “All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds.”

Now, this has not been confirmed anywhere else. The band’s official website still features the dates, and ticket agencies are still selling tickets.

However, unless Rose’s Twitter account has been hacked or he is simply throwing a tantrum of, well, Axl Rose proportions it seems that the largely sold out shows may not take place after all.

But do not fear just yet – wait for the official announcement before seeking a refund. The shows may still happen.

Source: Planetrock.com

========================

So, who`s surprised?

Seshmeister
08-16-2010, 09:07 AM
I think that within the next few years Axl will run out of different ways to be a total prick and there will be some sort of a massive GNR reunion tour.

Until that happens I have no interest in seeing him or his hangers on band.

VAiN
08-16-2010, 09:13 AM

This.

chefcraig
08-16-2010, 09:37 AM
A simply post on his official Twitter page says: “All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds.”

Maybe a full page ad in Rolling Stone, in order to soothe his ego, but Twitter? I mean seriously...Twitter? :umm:

Blaze
08-16-2010, 09:42 AM
He is in the middle of the lawsuit. It's a muscle flex.

kwame k
08-16-2010, 10:18 AM
I think that within the next few years Axl will run out of different ways to be a total prick and there will be some sort of a massive GNR reunion tour.

Kinda sums up my feelings as well............zero interest in anything but the original GNR Band!

PS........ fuck Axl and his childish behavior.

BITEYOASS
08-16-2010, 10:54 AM
This is the most unsurprising news I've heard all day.

atomicpunk5151
08-16-2010, 11:13 AM

This is probably true. What is the lawsuit about.

His band plays a set that does most of the songs from AFD. They were good when Buckethead was playing a few years back. But even he has been gone for what 5 years.

++++

Also not sure I would want a original 5 reunion. Matt Sorum is much better then Adler at this point. I could go for Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Sorum.

chefcraig
08-16-2010, 11:16 AM
This is probably true. What is the lawsuit about.

Axl Rose, Live Nation sue hell out of each other (http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/05/21/axl-rose-live-nation-sue-hell-out-of-each-other/)

kwame k
08-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Also not sure I would want a original 5 reunion. Matt Sorum is much better then Adler at this point. I could go for Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Sorum.

Forgot about Adler being a walking zombie and I agree 100% with not having him there! I haven't heard anything he's done post-stroke but can't imagine he's up for the challenge.......mentally or physically!

Seshmeister
08-16-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.gunsnrosesfans.com/2010/05/axl-rose-slams-irving-azoff-in-5-million-countersuit/

Axl Rose says his former manager tried to implement a scheme to force him to reunite with the original Guns N’ Roses band members and, as part of the plot, failed to properly promote the “Chinese Democracy” album, lied about a prospective Van Halen super tour and mishandled the band’s tour dates.

The claims are part of a bombshell countersuit filed yesterday against Irving Azoff’s Front Line Management. In March, Azoff sued Rose, claiming the rocker violated an oral agreement to pay 15% of earnings, or nearly $2 million, from a lucrative concert tour.
Not since the G’N'R song “Get in the Ring” has Rose struck back at a foe so forcefully, alleging antitrust concerns about Front Line’s parent company, Ticketmaster, to drive home a major claim that his former manager is up to no good in the music business.

Azoff,irving Azoff is CEO, director and majority shareholder of Front Line, whose roster of artists include the Eagles, Neil Diamond, Jimmy Buffett, Christina Aguilera and John Mayer. In 2008, Front Line was acquired by Ticketmaster.

Rose claims that through Azoff’s control of the “trifecta” of artist management, concert and touring promotion, and ticket sales, Azoff has been able to gain wide influence and power in the music industry. Azoff allegedly decides what artists he wants to promote through favorable touring deals and uses his power to punish artists and harm their careers if they don’t follow his orders.

When informed of the myriad allegations in the countersuit, Azoff’s lawyer Howard King quipped to us: “He didn’t accuse Irving of being on the grassy knoll in Dallas on November 22, 1963?”

The countersuit invokes the U.S. Justice Department’s recent antitrust lawsuit that sought to stop a proposed merger between Ticketmaster and Live Nation over concerns about the new entity having too much control over artists and venues. Afterwards, Ticketmaster entered into a consent decree with government regulators to allow the merger to continue under certain operating provisions.

Axl’s counter-complaint says that Azoff is violating the consent decree by coercing and bullying artists to do what he wants.

What Azoff wanted, the rocker says, was the reunion of Guns N’ Roses. To execute this, he would sabotage Rose and his new band so that Rose would have no option but to reunite.

According to the filing, “Upon realizing that he couldn’t bully Rose and accomplish his scheme, Azoff resigned and abandoned Guns N’ Roses on the eve of a major tour, filing suit for commissions he didn’t earn and had no right to receive.”

Further, Axl says the botched tour cost him money in production startup and rehearsal expenses. Claiming breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud and breach of contract, the singer wants at least $5 million in damages.

The cross-complaint was filed by Skip Miller and Sasha Frid at L.A.’s Miller Barondess.

ToraToraTora
08-16-2010, 04:41 PM
If Axl Rose was a schizophrenic he would sue himself for being a bad Axl Rose impersonator, then again if he was, 1 of them could tour with G&R

GAR
08-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Crazy? Like a fox.. good luck Axl~!!

FORD
08-17-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't believe Vomit Retriever ever found a singer to replace Junkie Weiland. And I haven't seen a JuJu Hounds record from Izzy in a long time. The solution seems obvious enough.

To everybody but AxHole's ego. :(

Diamondjimi
08-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Rose claims that through Azoff’s control of the “trifecta” of artist management, concert and touring promotion, and ticket sales, Azoff has been able to gain wide influence and power in the music industry. Azoff allegedly decides what artists he wants to promote through favorable touring deals and uses his power to punish artists and harm their careers if they don’t follow his orders.

Regardless, if Axhole actually thinks this is what down between them (True or otherwise). He is at least correct in his assertion that Azoff has that kind power.
The music biz is an industry teeming with Scumbags. I don't doubt for a second that Azoff hasn't used his power to fuck bands over...

But if there was ever a douchebag who needed a wake up slap it's Axhole Pose...

Dave's Bitch
08-18-2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0005536.html

Was all a pile of shit

Seshmeister
08-18-2010, 08:43 PM
It's important to remember that just because he sang some songs you like doesn't change the fact that he is a mentally ill rapist woman beating coward sad ginger prick.

Nickdfresh
08-18-2010, 09:56 PM

Yeah. 'Chinese Democracy' sucks and I have no intention of seeing his incarnation of Nine Inch Guns and Roses...

Blaze
08-19-2010, 02:24 AM
Guns n Nails
I have a fresh picture to draw now.
:biggrin:
Better than
Rose n Inch

Dave's Bitch
08-19-2010, 05:01 AM
It's important to remember that just because he sang some songs you like doesn't change the fact that he is a mentally ill rapist woman beating coward sad ginger prick.

Meh, i feel sorry for the guy.Rapist?,was never ACTUALLY proved. they actually settled out of court on both occasions.Mentally Ill?,respect where it is due for someone of Axl's mental state to go from nothing to fronting one of the biggest bands the world has ever seen

Seshmeister
08-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Have you thought of changing your name to Axl's bitch? :)

sadaist
08-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Fuck Axl Rose! Fuck him!

The guy is the biggest self-centered piece of shit in the history of music. He rarely shows up to his own concerts, if he does show up chances are good he will throw a fit and not play the whole set. And that's after he decides to show up 5 hours late and instead of starting at 9:30 pm, the band rolls out at 2 am. Just to play 4 songs before someone tosses a water bottle near him & he throws the mic down & storms off.

No thank you. Seen GnR a few times and I will never go again. I don't care who is in the band. As long as Axl is a part of it, I won't go and that guy will never get another cent of my money.

Again, Fuck Axl Rose!

sadaist
08-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Dude can't sing very good anyways and he ain't much to look at either.

Suck it Axl.

Terry
08-19-2010, 09:34 AM

Maybe if Adler and Izzy were onboard and the band were on a double bill with another group I really liked...even an Appetite-era lineup reunion by itself wouldn't be quite enough to make me wanna bother...G n R aren't quite along the same lines as Van Halen for me, in that it didn't matter who was opening up for Van Halen because I was gonna go regardless...

sadaist
08-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Maybe if Adler and Izzy were onboard and the band were on a double bill with another group I really liked...even an Appetite-era lineup reunion by itself wouldn't be quite enough to make me wanna bother...G n R aren't quite along the same lines as Van Halen for me, in that it didn't matter who was opening up for Van Halen because I was gonna go regardless...

Remember when they double billed with Metallica? They would switch off who headlined & who opened. They guys in Metallica when interviewed said they actually preferred to open for GnR because that way they didn't have to wait around forever for Axl to show up and start his set.

If you were to catch them with a great band touring with them, hope that the other band plays first. That way if you feel like bailing after several hours of waiting, you still got some of your moneys worth.

Seshmeister
08-19-2010, 05:55 PM
These days they will probably sound more like this.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6eMW0cEXY0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6eMW0cEXY0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

sadaist
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6eMW0cEXY0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6eMW0cEXY0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Oh my God that was funny. The pop-up video part in the beginning that simply said "The Fuck?" almost knocked me out of my chair laughing.

:biggrin::hee:

78/84 guy
08-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Saw Gun's in early 92 after Izzy left. The were really good !! Slash was on the money that night. Great tone and the house mix was great. Axhole stopped the show during Live & Let Die to yell at some kid in the front of the stage. I heard that his voice was toast by the time of the Metallica tour came around. I guess they played theDome here and he was only on stage half the night !! I got lucky I guess,they were great. Axl is a pathetic joke !!!! I hope Slash never plays with him again !! Going to see him next month. Adlers book was fantastic !! Check it out. He is on the road too. Just missed him here. His band sound good on You Tube. Singer wasn't great but so what !!

Big Troubles
08-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Fuck Axl Rose! Fuck him!

The guy is the biggest self-centered piece of shit in the history of music. He rarely shows up to his own concerts, if he does show up chances are good he will throw a fit and not play the whole set. And that's after he decides to show up 5 hours late and instead of starting at 9:30 pm, the band rolls out at 2 am. Just to play 4 songs before someone tosses a water bottle near him & he throws the mic down & storms off.

i agree. i stopped paying any attention to him when he cracked his woman over the head with a wine bottle. he never really did entertain me. The music always carried him and he got a fat head from biznack. garbage.

Big Troubles
08-20-2010, 07:19 PM

WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD HAVE THE INSTRUMENTS WHEN YOU DO THAT TO THEM????? and yes I was shouting.

Terry
08-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Remember when they double billed with Metallica? They would switch off who headlined & who opened. They guys in Metallica when interviewed said they actually preferred to open for GnR because that way they didn't have to wait around forever for Axl to show up and start his set.

If you were to catch them with a great band touring with them, hope that the other band plays first. That way if you feel like bailing after several hours of waiting, you still got some of your moneys worth.

Yeah, sadly that would be part of the contingency...it'd pretty much have to be a case of being more interested in seeing whatever other band was playing on the hypothetical double bill so that when Axl pulled his no-show prima donna pussy bullshit, I wouldn't feel like I'd blown a hundred bucks or whatever the ticket price was.

A friend of mine went to that show in the early 1990s G N R did with Metallica where Hetfield got burned by the pyro, Metallica had to cut their set short and then Axl threw a tantrum and walked off, which sparked a riot. He had offered me a ticket, but I couldn't make the show. My friend, who was a hardcore Metallica fan, said it sucked because not only did Metallica have to cut their set short, but he didn't even have the pleasure of at least getting to see a decent G N R show as some form of consolation.

jhale667
08-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Apparently Axl's Twitter account got hacked, they're claiming that was a "fake" message..

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144959&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth. net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29&utm_content=Twitter

"According to NME.com, festival organizers received confirmation from the band's management that Rose's Twitter account had been hacked and that the message was a fake, with this week's shows set to go forward as planned."

Seshmeister
08-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I saw that. Least believable excuse since Mary said it was a ghost that had knocked her up. :)

Hacked = Axl being a twat...again.

jhale667
08-23-2010, 05:04 PM
I saw that. Least believable excuse since Mary said it was a ghost that had knocked her up. :)

Hacked = Axl being a twat...again.

Seems kinda light, I agree....
Wouldn't you think a true hacker have made a few more...blunt incriminating comments? Maybe... slam Slash a bit? Brag about beating up Erin Everly and Stephanie Seymour...SO many more worst-case-scenario possibilities. :umm:

78/84 guy
08-31-2010, 06:55 PM
He had the power shut off at their last show at Leeds or somewhere. They came on a hour late. The venue pulled the plug when they went over the time limit. What a asshole !!! I guess he got really pissed.

Seshmeister
08-31-2010, 07:06 PM
The annoying thing about it was that proper news sources were reporting that his twitter account was hacked, even though there is no evidence for it. Journalists just look up the internet for their stories now and that will be appended to every bio even though he obviously just made it up.

Anyhoo there is a very simple way to deal with him, venues should stop paying him when he turns up for work late - just put it in the contract.

sadaist
08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
A friend of mine went to that show in the early 1990s G N R did with Metallica where Hetfield got burned by the pyro,

Wow. I had forgot that was the tour James got burned. The show I saw was after that. They had a fill-in guitarist and James just sang. He did very well without a guitar and showed he is a good frontman. Not the security blanket like some guys we know :-)

Diamondjimi
08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Axhole Pose should simply CANCEL GUNS & ROSES !!!

Hey, Axhole. It's over!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiZdY9rw-uo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiZdY9rw-uo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
08-31-2010, 10:10 PM
He actually got booed on at Reading.

A festival headliner getting booed onto the stage shows how far he has sunk.

It wouldn't have happened to anyone else who was an hour late going on, shit happens, it will with Axl though because the crowd are fucking sick of him fucking people over for years now. There will be lots of people there that got fucked in the past over waiting for 2 or more hours, sometimes in shitty conditions and then missing transport home and they've had enough. I think maybe it's an even bigger problem for the UK audiences where the majority of people go to shows by public transport on trains or buses.

Somewhere along the line he has got it into his stupid little fucked up head that it adds theatre and drama and excitement if he leaves his customers waiting. It doesn't. Or maybe it just makes his dick hard.

Blaze
09-01-2010, 02:41 AM
It would be in the best interest of the suit to throw logs right now.
Before it may have been a way for him to have some control.
Now, it is a useful tool to exhibit behavior patterns.

Which this thread reminds me. I have some fresh material (shots) to post when convenient.

GAR
09-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Oh shit I'm a butterhead! Don't believe I'm a Butterhead?

- come see me eat nipples, eat nipples.

Come see me eat nipples. Eat nipples!

Dave's Bitch
09-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Axhole Pose should simply CANCEL GUNS & ROSES !!!

Hey, Axhole. It's over!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiZdY9rw-uo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiZdY9rw-uo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nah its not over just yet. i seen axl a few years back and im seeing him again in a few weeks and the guy is still awesome live and still has his voice.Guns N Roses in the current incarnation is pretty fine musically.Original Guns was obviously better however, it was down to everyone. people like to think it was slash that made guns n roses special, to them i say shit.Look at slash's post guns stuff, wow is it weak.his latest album was pretty bad and well the less said about VR the better. Slash needs someone to elevate his talent and that was always Axl. Anyone listening to Guns will pick out the vocals and lead guitar first.Have you ever heard more than a few people say "wow the bass is a good in guns n roses"?

in summary, the new guns n roses are still pretty good. Chinese Democracy was a good album, a bit UYI. Axl can still sing. If he could come on stage on time they would still be one of the most awesome bands on the planet

Seshmeister
09-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Can you think of a scenario where you wouldn't give him your money?

What if at the next gig he walks out into the crowd surrounded by security, over to your seat, spits in your face, and kicks you as hard as he can right in the groin. You collapse and he then squats over you and lays a big shit right in your hair. He then departs the venue leaving you in a bloody shitty mess without playing. And he does this all an hour after he was due on stage.

Would you you still buy tickets for his next show?

I think you probably would.

Dave's Bitch
09-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Can you think of a scenario where you wouldn't give him your money?

What if at the next gig he walks out into the crowd surrounded by security, over to your seat, spits in your face, and kicks you as hard as he can right in the groin. You collapse and he then squats over you and lays a big shit right in your hair. He then departs the venue leaving you in a bloody shitty mess without playing. And he does this all an hour after he was due on stage.

Would you you still buy tickets for his next show?

I think you probably would.

Not the hair ;)

Im just saying he gets far too much of a bad rap in things

Anonymous
09-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Look at slash's post guns stuff, wow is it weak.

You're either deaf or got hit in the head really hard & often.

"It's 5 o'clock Somewhere" ring a bell? Is THAT weak? AND, it didn't take 30 years to release.

Axhole is a piece of shit. We all make mistakes, but we learn from them & strive to be better people. Even Sebastian Bach improved over the years... and that's saying something. Axhole keeps doing the same shit over & over. He's hopeless. He's the Britney Spears of rock. Ok, since he was famous first, it's fair to say that Britney is the Axhole of pop.

At any rate, Axhole is nothing but a celebutard these days, no different than all the worthless shit heads with who keep showing up in the retard papers. Soak up the drip between your legs & start looking just a wee bit further to something other than looks & appearance.

Cheers! :bottle:

Dave's Bitch
09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Yet the fans keep coming back for more.Slash is pretty much a glorified session player now,but hey thats just my humble opinion,for god sake the guy gigged at cabo wabo

Anonymous
09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
for god sake the guy gigged at cabo wabo

So did Alice Cooper. He even released a live album from that gig. With Rob Zombie.

Just because Spambo used to run the place, it doesn't mean it sucks. Everybody has SOME talent. His is obviously selling tequila. I'd go there.

As for the "fans" that keep coming back for more, well... Amy Winehouse always had a full house. Whenever she managed, by miracle or joke, to actually sing through a whole concert, people were disappointed. A couple even stated that they bought the ticket just to see a train wreck & felt cheated.

People are weird. I wanna either be an animal or a superior being. Or maybe that's a redundant choice...

78/84 guy
09-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Didn't Slash's solo disc hit number one on I Tune's ?? Why yes it did. Not that piece of shit Axhole put out. I listened to some of it, what a mess !! VR had some great moments and toured the world twice !!! People do keep coming back, to see Slash !! 5 disc's too Axlholes 1 since he left Gun's in 96. I'll take the musician over the I still think it's the 80's has been !! When's the Guns American world tour if things are so great for them ?? I watched some You Tube clips of them. Not impressed.

Diamondjimi
09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Sad reality of the Axhole Pose show is that the same mentality of his ticket buyers is the same as the ones that bought tickets for the Van Hagar "Fleece the Sheep" fiasco of 2004.

Those people don't care who's in the band, they just wanna hear the songs...

SHEEP...:shagsheep:

Diamondjimi
09-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Axhole being a crybaby..one more time!

Report: GUNS N' ROSES Walks Off Stage In Dublin; Video Available - Sep. 1, 2010
According to Entertainment.ie, GUNS N' ROSES left the stage for more than 30 minutes during tonight's (Wednesday, September 1) concert at the O2 in Dublin, Ireland after a bottle was thrown up on stage following a warning from singer Axl Rose.

The band's show reportedly started at 10:25 p.m. — well over an hour after the support act, DANKO JONES, had finished playing. Some angry fans booed and threw a few beer/water bottles on stage in protest at the delay.

GUNS N' ROSES kicked off the performance with "Welcome To The Jungle" at which point another bottle was thrown up on stage, causing Rose to declare, "Alright, here's the deal. One more bottle, we go home. It's up to you. We would like to stay. You want us to stay? We wanna stay. We wanna have some fun. If you don't wanna have fun, all you gotta do is let us know and we've got no probllem. We'll go on our way." According to the report, "The gig continued for another three songs and as Rose was introducing the band, another missile was thrown at the band. At this, Rose took the band, bid his goodnight and stormed off the stage at about 10:50 p.m."

More here... (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145398)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxLUUQdqA0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxLUUQdqA0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

sadaist
09-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Why do people keep giving this guy their money?

Seshmeister
09-02-2010, 07:48 AM
I guess that's his last gig in Ireland...

Diamondjimi
09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Last gig anywhere....... I hope.

Seshmeister
09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
He should get a fucking job he likes.

If you want to be a singer in a rock band especially one that leaves people standing about for hours out of sheer ego then it's ludicrous to complain like a little girl about the odd plastic bottle being thrown in your general direction.

hambon4lif
09-02-2010, 03:25 PM
LISTEN TO THE STAGE MANAGER AND GET ONSTAGE WHEN THEY TELL YOU TO. NO ONE HAS THE TIME FOR YOUR ROCK STAR BULLSHIT. NONE OF THE TECHS BACKSTAGE CARE IF YOU'RE DAVID BOWIE OR THE MILKMAN.

WHEN YOU ACT LIKE A JERK, THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNIMPRESSED WITH THE INFANTILE DISPLAY THAT YOU MIGHT THINK COMES WITH YOUR DUBIOUS STATUS.

THEY WERE THERE HOURS BEFORE YOU BUILDING THE STAGE, AND THEY WILL BE THERE HOURS AFTER YOU LEAVE TEARING IT DOWN.

THEY SHOULD GET YOUR SALARY, AND YOU SHOULD GET THEIRS.

SIGNED,
HENRY ROLLINS

:lmao::beers8:

Diamondjimi
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
So true...

BITEYOASS
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Axl Rose tries Dublin's patience, sends crowd home

By SHAWN POGATCHNIK, Associated Press Writer Shawn Pogatchnik, Associated Press Writer – Thu Sep 2, 1:14 pm ET

DUBLIN – Axl Rose, it seems, needs a little more patience — and a much louder alarm clock.

The 48-year-old singer of U.S. hard-rock band Guns N' Roses irritated thousands of his Dublin fans at the 02 Arena on Wednesday night by showing up nearly an hour late — a recurring problem on his band's European tour — and then walking off after an unruly minority in the crowd hurled water bottles on the stage.

Most of the fans left, but Irish concert promoters MCD wouldn't let Rose leave until he finished the gig. The band went back on stage an hour later to a mostly empty venue and didn't stop playing until nearly 1 a.m.

MCD and the 02 issued a joint statement criticizing Rose for having "a long history for being late on stage," but emphasized that "no artist should be subjected to missiles and unknown substances being thrown at them."

Rose's patience snapped after he warned the crowd to stop throwing things on stage.

"Here is the deal. One more bottle up here and we go. We don't want to go. Your choice," he told the crowd during an abrupt break to the band's second song, "Welcome to the Jungle."

But when introducing his other band members before a following number, up came another bottle — and off Rose went to a chorus of boos. "OK, that's it. Good night. Have a nice evening," he said.

Politicians called on the promoters to refund tickets that cost an average of (EURO)72 ($92). MCD declined to say whether anyone would get their money back.

"Reports say that the lights came on and the security people told concertgoers to go home. Confusion reigned and thousands of fans had left by the time the band came back again on stage to complete their set," Irish senator Michael McCarthy said.

Rose is the only remaining original member of Guns N' Roses, which was founded in Los Angeles in 1985 and achieved chart-topping successes with its first two albums, "Appetite for Destruction" in 1987 and the double-album "Use Your Illusion" in 1991.

The band effectively collapsed in the mid-1990s and Rose became a Malibu semi-recluse. He re-emerged in recent years with a completely new band that, after missing a decade of production deadlines, unveiled the album "Chinese Democracy" in 2008. It has received generally positive reviews but sold poorly compared to the band's heyday.

The European tour has been marred by late starts.

At the first stop Aug. 27, an open-air festival in Reading, west of London, Guns N' Roses arrived an hour late and had their microphones and amplifiers cut off by organizers during their encore.

Two nights later in the northern English city of Leeds, Guns N' Roses again was ordered to cut its performance concert a half-hour short because of an hour-late start. The tour has 22 cities in 13 more countries to go.

Such tardiness is nothing new for Rose. Guns N' Roses kept Irish fans waiting two extra hours during its 1992 European tour.

ttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100902/ap_en_mu/eu_ireland_guns_n__roses

Green Manalishi
09-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Why do people even bother to give this moron their money and the time of day ?!? His reputation more than precedes him . There might as well be a HUGE disclaimer printed right across the front of every ticket this asshole ever sells . He has no integrity , no respect for his fans , and is a proven complete un-proffesional .

I was at the infamous debacle at Riverport here in St. Louis in '91 . I've been soured on that guy ever since .

hambon4lif
09-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Damn! This is the second time I've read this today!

...that's when you know you've really fucked up! When you somehow manage to be late twice for the same gig!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?59995-Axl-cancels-GnR-shows-Leeds-Reading-etc.

Terry
09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Why do people even bother to give this moron their money and the time of day ?!? His reputation more than precedes him . There might as well be a HUGE disclaimer printed right across the front of every ticket this asshole ever sells . He has no integrity , no respect for his fans , and is a proven complete un-proffesional .

I was at the infamous debacle at Riverport here in St. Louis in '91 . I've been soured on that guy ever since .

It's at the point, given his consistent history of pulling this stuff, where anyone shelling out money to see this guy these days kind of deserves to not get their money's worth when he throws a hissy, being that a fool and their money were lucky to get together in the first place.

Anonymous
09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
It's at the point, given his consistent history of pulling this stuff, where anyone shelling out money to see this guy these days kind of deserves to not get their money's worth when he throws a hissy, being that a fool and their money were lucky to get together in the first place.

Testify, brutha.

Blaze
09-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Focus~
Sheep indeed. It is good to hear songs. Memories are by the grace of God and are not a guaranteed.

However, Kiss his royal red ass.

What he is doing for the betterment of the industry will have rebounding effects, win or fail.

He has stepped away from milking.

Though it is wrong I must admire his milking of 7 million to create one album.

Blind he is not.

His ability to bleed the deer of industry stands unparalleled.

He has earned his right to wear the kilt.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PIcqzPNKKw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PIcqzPNKKw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

But Axl, James was bad fucked up toward his death~

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0FgfsgxZhQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0FgfsgxZhQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHMcXmYYgw4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHMcXmYYgw4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XP2VRQuANQQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XP2VRQuANQQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blaze
09-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Axhole being a crybaby..one more time!

Report: GUNS N' ROSES Walks Off Stage In Dublin; Video Available - Sep. 1, 2010
According to Entertainment.ie, GUNS N' ROSES left the stage for more than 30 minutes during tonight's (Wednesday, September 1) concert at the O2 in Dublin, Ireland after a bottle was thrown up on stage following a warning from singer Axl Rose.

The band's show reportedly started at 10:25 p.m. — well over an hour after the support act, DANKO JONES, had finished playing. Some angry fans booed and threw a few beer/water bottles on stage in protest at the delay.

GUNS N' ROSES kicked off the performance with "Welcome To The Jungle" at which point another bottle was thrown up on stage, causing Rose to declare, "Alright, here's the deal. One more bottle, we go home. It's up to you. We would like to stay. You want us to stay? We wanna stay. We wanna have some fun. If you don't wanna have fun, all you gotta do is let us know and we've got no probllem. We'll go on our way." According to the report, "The gig continued for another three songs and as Rose was introducing the band, another missile was thrown at the band. At this, Rose took the band, bid his goodnight and stormed off the stage at about 10:50 p.m."

More here... (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145398)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxLUUQdqA0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxLUUQdqA0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Fuck orf!
Control the god damn plant.s
the vines are growing every where!

Dave's Bitch
09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Here's one, If people don't like him, don't want to give him a single penny and think he is a cunt, Why go to the gig?.i can understand why everyone bar probably me hates him but on the flip side, if people are going to throw shit at him knowing his track record for walking off,why waste the money going?. People say he should stay and Finnish the gig as people payed good money to see it, it aint axl's fault if people can't behave and decide to wreck everyone else's night is it?. If i was in axl's boots i wouldn't have guys throwing shit at me and take it

just a thought...

sadaist
09-03-2010, 03:07 PM
I do not fault Axl for walking off stage after things were thrown up there. I don't think anyone here does. No one should take that shit. The problem is Axl asks for it. He constantly treats his fans like dirt and then goes nuts if a couple fans treat him in kind. He can certainly dish it out but he can't take it (although he will gladly take your money).

Dave's Bitch
09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I do not fault Axl for walking off stage after things were thrown up there. I don't think anyone here does. No one should take that shit. The problem is Axl asks for it. He constantly treats his fans like dirt and then goes nuts if a couple fans treat him in kind. He can certainly dish it out but he can't take it (although he will gladly take your money).

Fair enough point yes, but again i gotta say he gets far too much of a bad press for all the walk offs he has done. Have you noticed as soon as an incident involving axl happens. the whole world starts with the "he is a cunt, selfish prick yadayadayada". people go to hear the songs but the "fans" are mostly the one's causing the shit in the first place.I think it's a lil' cheeky of em' to slate him when it is them who throw the shit at him and cause him to leave

vanhalen1r2
09-03-2010, 06:18 PM

Is that over the proposed 2010 GnR Van Halen tour deal

Dave's Bitch
09-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Could you imagine Axl and Ed in the same building,with that much ego would there be room enough for a crowd?

vanhalen1r2
09-04-2010, 11:49 AM
He should get a fucking job he likes.

If you want to be a singer in a rock band especially one that leaves people standing about for hours out of sheer ego then it's ludicrous to complain like a little girl about the odd plastic bottle being thrown in your general direction.

He is a complete bitch, yet somehow people cannot get enough of his BS.

hambon4lif
09-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Here's one, If people don't like him, don't want to give him a single penny and think he is a cunt, Why go to the gig?.i can understand why everyone bar probably me hates him but on the flip side, if people are going to throw shit at him knowing his track record for walking off,why waste the money going?. People say he should stay and Finnish the gig as people payed good money to see it, it aint axl's fault if people can't behave and decide to wreck everyone else's night is it?. If i was in axl's boots i wouldn't have guys throwing shit at me and take it

just a thought.......of an enabler!

When you fire your entire band and make your fans wait 20 fucking years for an album, what the fuck do you expect? You have to anticipate a few bottles zinging by your head....the only thing that disappoints me is that they missed!

I've seen singers bleeding from open wounds from flying glass beer bottles and dripping in other peoples spit, and they stay onstage and bring it.
Dave Roth once cracked his own noggin open with a baton during a show, and still managed to give the people their moneys worth and finish the show.

It takes heart.....something Axl doesn't seem to have anymore.

His audience will soon dwindle down to just you and the other 2 GNR fans left in the world, because no level-headed person will shell out $75/$125 knowing there's a strong possibility of only seeing a three and a half song set.

Seshmeister
09-04-2010, 03:11 PM
He's only brave when he's hitting girls.

Seshmeister
09-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Fair enough point yes, but again i gotta say he gets far too much of a bad press for all the walk offs he has done. Have you noticed as soon as an incident involving axl happens. the whole world starts with the "he is a cunt, selfish prick yadayadayada". people go to hear the songs but the "fans" are mostly the one's causing the shit in the first place.I think it's a lil' cheeky of em' to slate him when it is them who throw the shit at him and cause him to leave

I hope you've bought some good shampoo...

http://www.ratemymotivational.com/motivationals/13444-POO-Because_you_cant_spell_shampoo_without_poo.jpg

Terry
09-04-2010, 03:42 PM
If Azoff really did manipulate the contract of the current G n R in order to force Rose into a corner so that he would have no real choice but to reunite with the original / Appetite / Illusion G n R, he was really doing Rose a favor.

Hey, there's leeches in every industry. Fuck, most CEO's are leeches when you get right down to it, reaping their profits off the labors of others.

Seshmeister
09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm assuming the idea was that the Axl solo band was to be the support act.

Who the fuck would have wanted that shit every fucking night waiting for hours before Van Halen could go on - there is no way that could have worked. Can you imagine Van Halen putting up with it?

Can you imagine how drunk Ed would be by the time they went on? :)

Terry
09-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Who the fuck would have wanted that shit every fucking night waiting for hours before Van Halen could go on - there is no way that could have worked. Can you imagine Van Halen putting up with it?

Yeah, it probably wouldn't work...not for me anyway, unless Van Halen played first. At least with them, regardless of Ed's condition, the show would start on time. Then after Van Halen played, if Axl/Guns decided to pull any delaying bullshit, I wouldn't have to stick around for it like I would if Van Halen were closing.

vanhalen1r2
09-04-2010, 10:31 PM

It would be ugly Fo" Sho"

Blaze
09-05-2010, 05:28 AM
Is that over the proposed 2010 GnR Van Halen tour deal

The suit should be leaked somewhere by now, if it hasn't already posted at the RArmy

Axl is doing the right thing. He is taking it to court.

If my memory recalls. The Van Halen was a verbal agreement.

More like some jive ass rumors spread around with hinys an in-U-windows.

It's all a matter of BS. These suits have got to be done. We need to really have people stepping up and saying "Give me a God be damning accounting!"

But it takes a lot to gumption up. It takes religious fortitude to completely break free, review Mr. Nelson or go interview him He'll sit you down and preach it to you or at put you in front of one of his 1000 of hours worth of video that includes some of this subject.

Here's a kicker though, an explanation of some of what Axl (and others) have to deal with as norm. Out of the leached 40 million to make The CD Album, 39.5 of it went to expense that did not serve Axl long term.. That leaves you a couple options, recluse, keep on getting gamed, or say your prayers and prepare for battle.

One day, God willing, the generic diversity, which has become the music industry due to corruption, will stop and music for all will return to the land

chefcraig
09-05-2010, 08:46 AM
The suit should be leaked somewhere by now, if it hasn't already posted at the RArmy...

It was already posted twice earlier on the first page of this same thread. :tongue0011:

jhale667
09-06-2010, 03:26 PM
LISTEN TO THE STAGE MANAGER AND GET ONSTAGE WHEN THEY TELL YOU TO. NO ONE HAS THE TIME FOR YOUR ROCK STAR BULLSHIT. NONE OF THE TECHS BACKSTAGE CARE IF YOU'RE DAVID BOWIE OR THE MILKMAN.

WHEN YOU ACT LIKE A JERK, THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNIMPRESSED WITH THE INFANTILE DISPLAY THAT YOU MIGHT THINK COMES WITH YOUR DUBIOUS STATUS.

THEY WERE THERE HOURS BEFORE YOU BUILDING THE STAGE, AND THEY WILL BE THERE HOURS AFTER YOU LEAVE TEARING IT DOWN.

THEY SHOULD GET YOUR SALARY, AND YOU SHOULD GET THEIRS.

SIGNED,
HENRY ROLLINS

:lmao::beers8:

Rollins pretty much nailed it there.

binnie
09-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Axl is a major talent. I would never questions his skills as a songwriter and lyricist, and I actually think that 'Chinese Democacy' has some good stuff on it, if you're prepared for it not to sound like 'Appretite'.

But as a live performer, I'm not so sure? When I saw GNR a few years ago he could certainly still sing, but the band was over-bloated and the whole thing felt a littel cabaret - gone was the venom, the menace. Axl also doesn't look the part anymore. He needs to lose a lot of weight: he used to be cool.

Igosplut
09-16-2010, 06:09 AM
If you ask me, Waxle caught a terminal case of "I am the band, and the rest are just sidemen" That, and he's just a cunt of a person......

ThatArtGuy
11-23-2010, 11:13 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136446p1.html

Guns 'N Roses frontman Axl Rose filed a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard today claiming the company violated a deal by using imagery of guitarist Saul Hudson (aka Slash) while also including the band's hit song "Welcome to the Jungle" in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

According to Reuters, Activision "fraudulently induced" Rose by authorizing use of the song and told him they would not make reference "to the former GNR member or his subsequent band Velvet Revolver" in Guitar Hero III. Rose would later discover "an animated depiction of Slash, with his signature black top hat, long dark curly hair, dark sunglasses and nose-piercing" was featured on the box.

He also said the song "Sweet Child 'O Mine" was used in an online promotion for Guitar Hero III while only being licensed for Guitar Hero II.

"This lawsuit is about protecting Guns N' Roses and 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and is about holding Activision accountable for its misuse of these incredibly valuable assets," Rose's lawyer Skip Miller told Reuters. "The relief we are seeking is disgorgement of profits and compensatory and punitive damages."

Rose is seeking $20 million in damages from sales of the Guitar Hero III. Activision has not responded to requests for comment.

Blaze
11-24-2010, 12:19 AM
How is the other suit of Axl's going?

Hardrock69
11-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Heh....this is a) about replenishing that fucking loser's bank account, and b) trying to get into the revisionist history thing by claiming Slash never had anything to do with Runs n Goses.

The fucking loser is at it again.

Hardrock69
11-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Heh....this is a) about replenishing that fucking loser's bank account, and b) trying to get into the revisionist history thing by claiming Slash never had anything to do with Runs n Goses.

The fucking loser is at it again.

Diamondjimi
11-24-2010, 01:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/AxlDouchebag-DJ-2010.jpg

Hardrock69
11-24-2010, 03:30 AM
:lmao:

Dave's Bitch
11-24-2010, 03:35 AM
damages?.Come on Axl even I think this is stupid

sadaist
11-24-2010, 04:16 AM
"This lawsuit is about protecting Guns N' Roses"

Axl better file a lawsuit against himself then. As he has been the single most damaging thing to the Guns N' Roses band, name, fans & legacy.

Candy Girl
11-24-2010, 05:44 PM

Maybe he "ate" his way through his fortune? He's awfully tubby for a heroin addict, doncha' think?

Diamondjimi
11-24-2010, 06:12 PM
:lmao:

My latest.... I'm sure it will make the rounds on the internets.

I'm expecting a letter from his lawyer any time now..... :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
11-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Maybe he "ate" his way through his fortune? He's awfully tubby for a heroin addict, doncha' think?

I don't think he's touched smack in many years. But somehow I doubt he's missed a meal in a long time...

Nickdfresh
11-24-2010, 10:37 PM

Yooouuu Twinkies® will be my'einnne,
But my gut is way out of ly'inneeene!

Seshmeister
12-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Watch the news clip!

http://www.3news.co.nz/Guns-N-Roses-concert-leaves-fans-fuming/tabid/312/articleID/189235/Default.aspx

FRI, 03 DEC 2010 1:03P.M.
Fans at a Guns N' Roses concert in Townsville, Australia this week say they were left disappointed and angry by the performance.
They’re calling for their money back after Axl Rose and his band came on two hours late and appeared to be miming.
“I think it’s an imitation band – it is absolutely terrible,” one concert goer said shortly after the concert began.
Audience members reportedly began leaving the event in droves as the sound problems continued.
“Tell Axl I said get stuffed!” one concert goer yelled at a TV camera as he left early.
“He sux, it sounds like shit,” exclaimed another.
Some fans did enjoy the performance and went to the airport to say goodbye to the rockers.
Concert promoters say there will be no refunds.

Anonymous
12-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I was about to ask why do people still give their money to Asshole Pose... but then I watched the clip.

"It's been my drem since I was TWELVE!!!!!"

They're retarded.

Seshmeister
12-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think that many bands tour New Zealand but yes she was retarded.

twonabomber
12-04-2010, 01:01 PM
“I think it’s an imitation band” one concert goer said shortly after the concert began.

technically, yes.

Little Texan
12-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Gotta love how them Aussies tell it like it is in that clip re: the Axhole Rose Solo Band.

Anonymous
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't think that many bands tour New Zealand but yes she was retarded.

That was never Kiwiland. It was Dingorootown, you silly Irish person.

How is it possible for anyone to mix the two?

Nitro Express
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Watch the news clip!

http://www.3news.co.nz/Guns-N-Roses-concert-leaves-fans-fuming/tabid/312/articleID/189235/Default.aspx

FRI, 03 DEC 2010 1:03P.M.
Fans at a Guns N' Roses concert in Townsville, Australia this week say they were left disappointed and angry by the performance.
They’re calling for their money back after Axl Rose and his band came on two hours late and appeared to be miming.
“I think it’s an imitation band – it is absolutely terrible,” one concert goer said shortly after the concert began.
Audience members reportedly began leaving the event in droves as the sound problems continued.
“Tell Axl I said get stuffed!” one concert goer yelled at a TV camera as he left early.
“He sux, it sounds like shit,” exclaimed another.
Some fans did enjoy the performance and went to the airport to say goodbye to the rockers.
Concert promoters say there will be no refunds.

Axle Rose for president. He has all the qualifications for the job. Selling brilliance, giving shit, and telling the public to fuck off afterwards.

Hardrock69
12-05-2010, 02:51 AM
Well, I cannot recall in the history of the United States, when a sitting president threw an infantile temper tantrum onstage or off, acting like a spoiled rotten 2-year-old who can't have any candy, for no valid reason whatsoever.

78/84 guy
12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Fucking Axhole !!! Go away, at this point I hope Slash would tell him to fuck off if he ever wanted to play with him again. Slash is to cool to hang with the little prick !!

binnie
12-10-2010, 04:52 PM
You know what, Axl has really shot himself in the foot.

He is associated more in the minds of most music fans for being a dick than for the songs - many great, great songs - that he penned. It has actually got to the point where he is chronically underrated as an artist. When most LA bands were writing tired cliche rock n roll lyrics, he was coming up with some outstanding stuff, and crazy melodies too. And, back in his day he was an outstanding frontman with an air of danger about him.

Now, he's just become a bloated parody of himself. An almost 50 year old diva.

I actually thought Chinese Democracy, whilst not a G'N'R record, was interesting. But it was never going to get a fair crack of the whip because of the man behind it.

binnie
12-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I actually don't think they'll ever be a 'classic' GNR reunion. The only way I could see it happen is if they all really, really need the money so desperately that they HAVE to put up with one another. I can't see that happening.

I mean, Izzy barely wants to talk about GNR in interviews; and Slash, Duff and Matt seem to leads live filled with many other things.

chefcraig
03-30-2011, 09:00 AM
And the downward spiral continues. Thanks to jero for the heads-up...

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Can Now Be Yours For Just $1.99

BLABBERMOUTH (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155848)

BEST BUY SITE AD LINK (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chinese+Democracy+-+CD/9111016.p?id=1925065&skuId=9111016)

Best Buy, which was the exclusive U.S. retailer for GUNS N' ROSES decade-plus-in-the-making album "Chinese Democracy", is offering a special deal on copies of the CD. You can now purchase the album via the BestBuy.com web site for just $1.99.

"Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment upon its release in November 2008, selling just 614,000 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The CD was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies.

Best Buy paid $14 million for 1.6 million copies of the album, according to Hits.

Aside from Billboard and Spinner interviews and answering a number of fan questions at a GUNS N' ROSES message board, singer Axl Rose has done no promotion of any kind for "Chinese Democracy".

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal threw cold water on remarks by fellow GUNS axeman D.J. Ashba, who was quoted as saying at a party in Los Angeles late last year that the band was "throwing around a bunch of ideas" for a new album. Thal took to his Facebook page to set the record straight, saying, "We've yet to get in a room and write as a band. (I) know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, singer] approves . . . not as simple when it's on such a big scale . . . Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick."

"Chinese Democracy" came out 15 years after its predecessor, 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident". It took more than a decade to record, during which every original member of the band except Rose was replaced and four different producers were used.

Nevertheless, Rose hinted in a 2002 interview that the lengthy sessions for the record had left him with enough material for two follow-ups.

Bassist Tommy Stinson, who has been playing in the current GUNS lineup for 12 years, told The Pulse Of Radio that he's always had confidence in Rose's vision. "I had doubts at certain points, and the thing that kept me going every time is that I would talk to Axl about this and that, his ideas about what we're doing and what we're gonna do and stuff like that," he said. "And every time, I just kinda had to stop and go, 'You know, he really knows exactly what he wants to get.' How to get there is another issue, but he knows what he wants, how he wants it to be. Every time I had a doubt, I would talk to him about stuff, and totally be back in it."

BITEYOASS
03-30-2011, 09:11 AM
"Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment upon its release in November 2008, selling just 614,000 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The CD was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies.

Best Buy paid $14 million for 1.6 million copies of the album, according to Hits.[/I]

WTF?!?!? It went platinum but only sold 600k+ copies? What kind of fucked up shit is this?!?!? And record industry wonders why their losing money. It's because they do fucked up shit like payola, fixing the number of units sold and paying way too much for acts that no one gives a shit about.

Hooray for piracy is all I have to say!

ELVIS
03-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Axl cut his hair...

http://worldclassshitty.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/footlong-hamburger-fat-man.jpg

:elvis:

chefcraig
03-30-2011, 09:16 AM
WTF?!?!? It went platinum but only sold 600k+ copies? What kind of fucked up shit is this?!?!? And record industry wonders why their losing money. It's because they do fucked up shit like payola, fixing the number of units sold and paying way too much for acts that no one gives a shit about.

Isn't that bizarre? Since Best Buy bought the initial 1.6 million copies that allowed the platinum certification, it would make sense that they should get the award, not Guns & Roses.

Seshmeister
03-30-2011, 09:58 AM
After a loss like that, back in the 'good old days' the record company would now own GNR Ltd and he would be broke so they could offer him retirement or reforming.

Blaze
03-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Best Buy is a back door funnel of Sony. They have a hag way of dealings. Why shouldn't it be $1.99. Had they not been hogs to begin with they could have had a better return. It cost pennies to spit out a CD. It is not vinyl they are spinning! Best Buy wanted it they got it. It was up to them to sell them. 9" Nails dropped 2 hours of sound for $5.
Like Mikey said to Paul. It is just business.
It was a great business move. The whole C.D. was a calculated move of extraordinary proportions.
However, I am not convinced that Axl meant to play a crusader in the beginning. I think perhaps he was in cohorts to bleed targeted corporations. I do think that the original cohorts, allowed this laceration. That had he not cohered to begin with he would not have been in the position to negotiate a deal that allowed him a platinum up front with no obligations.

Kudos to Axl for making Platinum in one spludge (sic)!

Megalithic tyrants are a scourge to society!
However, fighting corruption with corruption only leads to more corruption.

binnie
03-30-2011, 11:58 AM
I guess we'll never see 'Chinese Democracy pt 2'. I actually quite enjoyed 'Chinese Democracy', but I can't say it was revolutionary enough to mean I'll miss not seeing a sequel.

ELVIS
03-30-2011, 12:06 PM
I might pick it up for $1.99

Blaze
03-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Sure you might " see 'Chinese Democracy pt 2' " ...If Axl can shake off the monkey.

How to do that; various artist have taken various ways.
Most point out the monkey, exclaim there is a monkey, show the monkey it's reflection, and proceed to disinfect the areas where the monkey subsided.

Blaze
03-30-2011, 12:13 PM

I'll take a few copies, too. My first copy was hard copy bootleg.

chefcraig
03-30-2011, 12:16 PM

The irony of course being that it would cost me twice that much to simply drive there. :baaa:

Blaze
03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
The irony of course being that it would cost me twice that much to simply drive there. :baaa:
:baaa:

<OBJECT <PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate"><PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high"><PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF"><PARAM NAME="allowscriptaccess" VALUE="always"><embed src="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate" id="Player_850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="Player_850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="280px" width="336px"></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=NoScript">Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>

BITEYOASS
03-30-2011, 01:44 PM

<OBJECT <PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate"><PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high"><PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF"><PARAM NAME="allowscriptaccess" VALUE="always"><embed src="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate" id="Player_850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="Player_850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="280px" width="336px"></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=NoScript">Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>

The album cover speaks for itself. Its just random shit put together, in a similar fashion to Waxle's backup band.

ELVIS
03-30-2011, 04:29 PM
He still sounds pretty good...

78/84 guy
03-30-2011, 07:16 PM

That shit is funny !!! Axhole is SO over. In America for sure !! The only way he makes another dime in the U.S. is if he get's Slash and Duff in the band again. He did a great job on those old albums but nobody could care less about him anymore. That's saying a lot when they might have been on of the biggest band ever !!

indeedido
10-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Someone sent this to me, too awful not to post. Check out the botched solo from the stormtrooper. Axl sounds awful and what is up with that coat?

chefcraig
10-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Wow, a child's raincoat is just soooo slimming, ya know? Last time I saw a yellow ass that big was in a Sir Mix A Lot video. Add bonus points for having a guitar solo go wrong because of a Star Wars mask wardrobe malfunction. And people are still paying money to see this scam?

Seshmeister
10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
At about 1:20 you can see the guys he has now onstage to mop up the shit as it's produced.

FORD
10-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I have no interest in the AxHole Rose Circus, obviously, but the inevitable reunion is going to happen. I think Guns N Roses are about the only band left who haven't attempted a reunion. Hell, even Pink Floyd managed 20 minutes, and they hated each other more than AxHole hates Slash. Not to mention there have been a few semi-Floyd appearances since then, but they'll probably never attempt a full fledged tour after Rick Wright's death.

Did Vomit Retriever ever find another singer, or did they officially pull the plug on that mess? They can't keep a singer....AxHole can't keep a band... the solution seems obvious enough. The only REAL question left, is whether or not Steve Adler would ever be capable of playing drums in a real band again.

Seshmeister
10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
If I was Slash I wouldn't do it, no way.

He's got more money than he'll ever need why would he want to work with that fuckwit again especially now that he has lost his voice?

jhale667
10-06-2011, 05:43 PM
If I was Slash I wouldn't do it, no way.

He's got more money than he'll ever need why would he want to work with that fuckwit again especially now that he has lost his voice?

Yeah, don't think I'd be in a hurry to reunite with my former singer that refers to me as "a cancer" if I were him either....

Seshmeister
10-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Waiting for 2 hours before going on each night because the twat decides just before showtime he wants a roast dinner meaning you end up getting booed on by angry crowds?

indeedido
10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Axl's voice is shit. I think if VR could get a good singer, that would be a good band. I wish they could steal Myles Kennedy away permanently from Alter Bridge.

sadaist
10-06-2011, 06:11 PM
"You know where you are?!"

Definitely not at a Guns N' Roses concert.

I'm glad I saw those dudes way way back in 1990/91 or so. Whenever it was the had that first really huge arena headlining tour. Also saw them with Metallica at Qualcomm Stadium but that show was fail. The arena show was quite decent even though they were to come on about 9:15 and didn't hit the stage until almost midnight. A lot of younger kids had to leave. Sad to treat your fans that way. But the show itself when it finally happened was good.

No fucking chance in hell I would even see a FREE GnR show....reunion or fake. I hate Axl that much. If I ever run into him at the airport or something Ima pop him one in the mouth and scream ROTH ARMY RULES! as I do it. :)

chefcraig
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM
If I ever run into him at the airport or something Ima pop him one in the mouth and scream ROTH ARMY RULES! as I do it. :)

Heres a better idea: Simply yell the words Best Buy.

Diamondjimi
10-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Those Brazilian people are complete suckers. They would buy tickets to watch this arsehole sleep onstage...

PETE'S BROTHER
10-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Someone sent this to me, too awful not to post. Check out the botched solo from the stormtrooper. Axl sounds awful and what is up with that coat?

worst cover band ever

Little Texan
10-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Axl looks like a fat banana :bananna: dancing around in that yellow raincoat and sounds like a dying crow when he attempts to sing. He's so fat and out of shape that he is too out of breath from all his dancing around to deliver his vocal lines. It's quite comical, actually.

Seshmeister
10-06-2011, 08:28 PM
worst cover band ever

I get that Axl can't sing any more but I don't understand why he can't find people to play the stuff properly.

That fucking tool with the Star Wars mask seems to think he's in Spinal Tap.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Axl looks like a fat banana :bananna: dancing around in that yellow raincoat and sounds like a dying crow when he attempts to sing. He's so fat and out of shape that he is too out of breath from all his dancing around to deliver his vocal lines. It's quite comical, actually.

he's a tandem axl now :biggrin:

kwame k
10-06-2011, 09:02 PM
:drum:

Little Texan
10-07-2011, 12:37 AM
He gives a bit better of a performance on Estranged...

BTW, when did Fidel Castro join GNR? :biggrin:

mohican
10-07-2011, 01:04 AM
He gives a bit better of a performance on Estranged...

BTW, when did Fidel Castro join GNR? :biggrin:

Fidel was smuggled in Rio wearing a Stormtrooper costume.

Axl was thirsty in the middle of the song, in the middle of a rain storm. Should stuck out his tongue instead of sipping the Evian.

Diamondjimi
10-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Axl looks out of breath from the mere act of standing up...

Dimebag is gone and this arsehole is still on stages. The universe is cruel place....

binnie
10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I always try and tell myself that - at one point, a long time ago - Axl was COOL. He was also a fucking excellent song-writer.

I don't think we'll see another VR album. Slash can make more money - and have an easier life - on his own.

Seshmeister
10-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I preferred the Slash solo album to VR.

jhale667
10-07-2011, 05:13 PM
That's Ron Thal (Bumblefoot?) with the Stormtrooper mask, right? WTF was up with that? The instant he had an issue with it he should have tossed it to the side of the stage, not fight with the fucking thing the whole song!

DJ Ashba's actually a good player, and a pretty cool guy...was glad to hear he got this gig originally. But one question: WTF do they now need 3 guitarists for???

Seshmeister
10-07-2011, 05:28 PM
That's Ron Thal (Bumblefoot?) with the Stormtrooper mask, right? WTF was up with that? The instant he had an issue with it he should have tossed it to the side of the stage, not fight with the fucking thing the whole song!

It is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. Either he is the most fucking idiotic twat in the world or Axl said he had to wear it and he's a pretty idiotic twat.

Nickdfresh
10-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Axl Rose is slowly morphing into Elton John!

Blaze
10-08-2011, 12:01 AM
This is silly and I am tired of hearing this.

What does some sorts that have a bad boss, but too much job at stake do? They sabotage. Throw in a bit of guilt and there you got it.
There really are better ways of dissent Axy is like the super at the parks department. Seen lots of corruption, don't want to really be corruption, but don't want to step forward either. Classic formula.

Blaze
10-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Axl Rose is slowly morphing into Elton John!

When are you gonna come down
When are you going to land
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man

You know you can't hold me forever
I didn't sign up with you
I'm not a present for your friends to open
This boy's too young to be singing the blues

So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough

Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road

What do you think you'll do then
I bet that'll shoot down your plane
It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your feet again

Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found
Mongrels who ain't got a penny
Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground

Dan
10-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Anal Who?:D

jhale667
10-08-2011, 02:31 AM
It is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. Either he is the most fucking idiotic twat in the world or Axl said he had to wear it and he's a pretty idiotic twat.

Hmmm.....Maybe Axhole docks his pay nightly if he takes off the mask...? :lmao:

binnie
10-08-2011, 03:16 AM

I saw them live about 5 years ago. Sitting through three turgid guitar solos was an effort.

Axl still has a spark to him, I'll give him that. The bnd was also note perfect - but there's no menace, no groove. You'd never think that this was once 'The most dangerous band in the world'

rockhead
10-08-2011, 07:08 AM
The 3 guitarists is a question id like to ask Steve Harris of Maiden!.

DJ Ashba's actually a good player, and a pretty cool guy...was glad to hear he got this gig originally. But one question: WTF do they now need 3 guitarists for???

Blaze
10-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I saw them live about 5 years ago. Sitting through three turgid guitar solos was an effort.

Axl still has a spark to him, I'll give him that. The bnd was also note perfect - but there's no menace, no groove. You'd never think that this was once 'The most dangerous band in the world'
I was really disappointed when Marcus Welby, M.D wasn't really a doctor. :(

As an MGM contract player, Young was resigned to the fate of most of his colleagues—to accept any film assigned to him or risk being placed on suspension—and many actors on suspension were prohibited from earning a salary from any endeavor at all (even those unrelated to the film industry). Despite his trademark portrayal of happy, well-adjusted characters, Young's bitterness towards Hollywood casting practices never diminished, and he suffered from depression and alcoholism, culminating in a suicide attempt in the early 1990s. Later he spoke candidly

jhale667
10-08-2011, 12:56 PM
The 3 guitarists is a question id like to ask Steve Harris of Maiden!.

Cough...sympathy fuck...cough...:lmao:

Shaun Ponsonby
10-08-2011, 12:57 PM
He looks like Rufus Hound.

http://comedycentral-co-uk.mtvnimages.com/news/rufus-hound.jpg?height=211

FORD
10-09-2011, 01:38 AM
I'll still take the Neurotic Outsiders album over anything else that any members of GNR have done, after the real band broke up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOs3wBAfwMo

Little Texan
10-11-2011, 08:10 PM

He sounds even worse on this one.

It's funny how he sounds ok on some of the songs and sounds like absolute shit on others.

Little Texan
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Axl is really hard up for guitarists when he resorts to smuggling Fidel Castro out of Cuba in a Stormtrooper mask to play in his band. So, now we finally know what Fidel has been up to the last few years...touring with the Axhole Rose Solo Band.

VAiN
10-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Wow.. 'Welcome to the Jungle' was rough... I think the video suffered from a shitty mix, but axhole is done..

Hardrock69
10-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Christ....now I am really disgusted.....this raincoat-clad mouth-breather is bringing his lame half-wit GNR cover band to Gnashville. Picked up the Gnashville Scene (the equivalent of LA Weekly) today and found a full page ad...asshole boy and his cast of hired-hands are gonna be here at Bridgestone Arena on December 4.

I have missed almost every major show that has come here this year that I normally would have gone to see due to severe financial difficulties.....you could not PAY me to go see that fucking shithead fuckass cocksucker.

chefcraig
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Axl Rose Halts Guns N’ Roses Concert In Wake of Unidentified Flying Objects Attack

By: Joe Robinson UCR (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-halts-concert/)

Guns N’ Roses‘ concert Sunday (Oct. 23) in Monterrey, Mexico, was stopped during the first song after crowd members began throwing unidentified flying objects onstage at the band. Singer Axl Rose halted the gig just one minute into their performance of ‘Chinese Democracy’ after the items were tossed onstage and Rose announced that they would leave if fans continued to “throw s—” at the band.

“Is that what you wanna do?” Axl asked the audience. “‘Cause we will go home. Is that what you wanna do — throw s—? We would like to have fun. You wanna have a good time?” He then turned to his bandmates and said, “Alright, let’s just skip that song,” before they launched into ‘Welcome To the Jungle.’

We hate to say it — there’s never a good reason to throw stuff at bands onstage! — but the crowd did have a good reason to be irate. According to the the site SDPNoticias.com, the city of Monterrey, Mexico, fined the concert’s organizers $870 after Axl and his mates showed up onstage more than three hours late. Organizers blamed “technical issues” for the delay, although Rose is notorious for starting concerts extremely late.

The video posted below shows Rose stop the gig, kick something off the stage and begin talking to the crowd, although whatever is being tossed cannot clearly be seen. Rose hands the microphone over to an interpreter who translates his comments into Spanish for the crowd, which reacts with a mixture of cheers, boos — and a few choice profanities that can be heard from fans sitting close enough to the camera that captured the incident.

The concert reportedly continued without further incident.

On Friday (Oct. 28), Guns N’ Roses will bring their traveling circus home to America as they kick off a nationwide fall 2011 tour in Orlando, Fla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gKgrwcFp8Bc

Little Texan
10-27-2011, 04:05 PM
This isn't Guns N Roses, it's Cunts N Posers. Who would plunk down serious cash go see what is basically an Axl Rose solo band? Axl's hired guns don't even do a good job of covering the old songs, and Axl can't sing for shit anymore. Seriously, who pays to see this shit?

sadaist
10-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Seriously, who pays to see this shit?

I know. WTF? First, he & his band are just awful. But even if for some odd reason it sounded good to your ear, why in the world would you pay money and spend an entire day getting your stuff together, locking up the house, fighting traffic, finding a parking space, hiking from the lot to the seats, stand in long lines for beers & souvenirs, etc.....just so this punk ass Axl can yawn & 5 mins before curtain time demand a kobe beef prime rib cooked medium rare with an ice cold Hefeweizen before he will go onstage?

Hey honey, I got us tickets Saturday night to hang out in the sports arena with a bunch of sweaty stink people, drink $8 watery beers, and listen to the local rock station over the PA system. Fun fun fun.

Nitro Express
10-27-2011, 04:30 PM
No Slash, no cash. You may have an Axle but there are no wheels to go anywhere with.

sadaist
10-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Just once I'd like to hear about the lights go down, Welcome to the Jungle starts, Axl runs out and starts his intro scream to a burst of pyrotechnics onstage BOOM, turns to the crowd to as "you know where you are?", and suddenly notices every single seat on the 13,000 capacity arena is empty. Just a few random yellow jacket security guards having a smoke over by the main floor exit.

Heater
10-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Who cares? It's not the complete band, the ones everyone agree constituted "the originals". How can anybody hope to recreate something that was a moment in time over 25 years ago without the same group of people. When you start replacing, even if it's only 1 member, it is really just a cover band so to speak. next thing you know, it's piped in vocals or, just as an example, bass. I doubt any of their fans can really believe themselves when they think it's old times again, better than it could ever be. Those silly GnR fans. Can you imagine thinking that way?

Satan
10-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Are Bleater and Santa's Douche the same guy, or do they just get their talking points out of the same crackhouse?

hambon4lif
10-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Are Bleater and Santa's Douche the same guy, or do they just get their talking points out of the same crackhouse?Heatard has been the willing recipient of several wicked Fire Island Donkey Punches. It has mentally impaired him permanently and forever.

clarathecarrot
12-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Do they have to show some attention to each other as a prerequisite(sp) to being selected or is Axel getting soft on the old days..?

clarathecarrot
12-20-2011, 10:55 AM
..sound is awfull but the video is something not seen in 18 years . Duff and Axel on stage together ...feel free to close this thread if there is something already along these lines or send this to a already existing thread about this subject...couldn't find anything to post this question in..?

clarathecarrot
12-20-2011, 11:04 AM

ODShowtime
12-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Being severely late to every show is just total disrespect to the audience. The Stones used to do it I guess and it probably sucked, but I get the buildup. I understand it can create a rabid dog mentality in the audience which is cool. But really, these people paid money to see you. They are excited to see you perform. So you insult them practically every night? 2 hours seems to be the average wait. That would be close to the crappy curfew laws for concerts where I live. I would never waste my time with this nonsense. I can honestly say I probably wouldn't go even with free tickets. I would definitely show up 2 hours late if I went.

Someone mentioned dimebag and the fairness of life and I have to agree. You don't want to see anyone die, but damn, Axl checking out early wouldn't make many eyes shed a tear I'd imagine. He's just such an enormous asshole. And you know he'll get to grow old and evolve into an even bigger asshole. It would be a nightmare to work for him.

twonabomber
12-26-2011, 01:04 AM
GNR played Youngstown a couple weeks ago. i guess they went on about quarter to 11.

Tommy Stinson did an interview with the paper that week and was asked about going on late...he says "well, we get done late." if they'd start the first show on time they wouldn't get done late, but that's too easy.

Nickdfresh
12-26-2011, 06:22 AM
Isn't that past Axl's bed time?

78/84 guy
12-26-2011, 03:15 PM
I wonder if this ashole will show up too the hall of fame induction ? Even though the hall is a fucking joke. It would be cool too see the original band play together. I'm suprised they are all alive after reading their books.

chefcraig
12-26-2011, 04:27 PM
I wonder if this ashole will show up too the hall of fame induction ? Even though the hall is a fucking joke. It would be cool too see the original band play together.

Yeah, but since the show starts about 8PM and lasts until around 11PM, Axl and band will probably just be hitting the stage an hour or two after the program has left the air. This means the band will be performing in front of the folks cleaning up the auditorium and gathering up the catering, long after the tv crew and the audience has gone home.

Northern Girl
12-26-2011, 06:02 PM
GNR played Youngstown a couple weeks ago. i guess they went on about quarter to 11.

Same thing in Minneapolis. They played until 3 am. That's a looong night.

Terry
12-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Same thing in Minneapolis. They played until 3 am. That's a looong night.

4 hours + of Axl Rose?

Fuck, that'd be a bit too much of an endurance test even if it were the Appetite GnR lineup, much less Axl & the GnR DuJour Band.

120 minutes should be more than enough to get the point across live.

FORD
12-26-2011, 07:08 PM
I can't picture AxHole doing a 4 hour show. He's not a workaholic like Springsteen, or someone who just plays endless jams because they love it, like the Dead. Actually, I don't even think Bruce does shows that long anymore. And the Dead actually took breaks between sets (usually when the 'shrooms wore off and they needed more)

Seshmeister
12-26-2011, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't want to sit through a 4 hour show by anyone never mind the Bill Bailey rapist tribute act, fucking stupid idea.

Unchainme
12-26-2011, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't want to sit through a 4 hour show by anyone never mind the Bill Bailey rapist tribute act, fucking stupid idea.

a-ha!

that's what my dad claimed he was known by in his hometown of Lafayette, IN. (they lived in the same neighborhood of all things.)

It is literally out in the middle of nowhere at times, despite the fact that there's a major engineering school in the same town.

rocknrolldork
12-26-2011, 10:59 PM
The show in Indy was great. It definitely wasn't the original lineup but still a great solid rock show. I don't mind them going on late. Local shows don't start until 10 and the best band usually goes on at 12 or 1 anyway.

twonabomber
02-15-2012, 04:13 PM
The original lineup of Guns N' Roses will appear at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's induction ceremony in Cleveland on April 14, says keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who we should point out is not an original member.

According to an interview in Billboard, the five original members of the band — singer Axl Rose, guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, bassist Duff McKagen, and drummer Steven Adler — will show up.

Some of the other members who've joined the troubled group over the years — like Reed, guitarist Gilby Clarke, and drummer Matt Sorum — will most likely be there too.

But the big news here, according to Reed, is that the five guys who made the great Appetite for Destruction will be at Public Auditorium at the same time on April 14.

"I know that all the original band is going to be there," keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the longest-standing member of the current GNR and an inductee that night, tells Billboard.com. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

Of course, this doesn't mean they'll play or even show up onstage together. Rose has a history of chronic asshole-ism, and the original quintet hasn't played together in two decades.

Either way, it should make for an interesting night, to say the least. —Michael Gallucci

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2012/02/14/original-gnr-reuniting-at-rock-hall-induction-ceremony

Jagermeister
02-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Either way, it should make for an interesting night, to say the least. —Michael Gallucci

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2012/02/14/original-gnr-reuniting-at-rock-hall-induction-ceremony

That's an understatement. Can Rose even still sing...at all?

vandeleur
02-15-2012, 04:17 PM
That's gotta be car crash tv at its best

FORD
02-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Well... just the fact that the five of them will even be in the same room is probably enough to make Satan put on a sweater. :biggrin:

twonabomber
02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
That's gotta be car crash tv at its best

it won't be on live TV and they'll edit all the good shit out.

i knew i should have bought tickets to that show.

gbranton
02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
About twenty years ago I would have given a fuck. Now after twenty years for it to sink in that Axl Rose is one of the biggest douches on the planet? Not so much.

78/84 guy
02-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Hmm... Very interesting. I put my money on Slash. I hope they play. Very cool. Except the singer.

gbranton
02-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Not to mention that this is the Rock and Roll Hall of "Fame" we are talking about here. Will they be on before or after fucking Donovan? The hall has about as much integrity as the Syrian government and are about as relevant as steam powered automobiles.

gbranton
02-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Rose has a history of chronic asshole-ism, and the original quintet hasn't played together in two decades.

Not quite accurate, "ism" is defined as "indicating behaviour or a characteristic quality: ie, heroism". I think he just IS an asshole.

78/84 guy
02-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Not quite accurate, "ism" is defined as "indicating behaviour or a characteristic quality: ie, heroism". I think he just IS an asshole.

Brilliant !!

sadaist
02-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Oh come the fuck on my brothers. THINK!

You are talking as if Axl will actually show up. Just because he is scheduled to & bandmates think he will doesn't mean shit. Guy doesn't even show up when 60,000 pay him to. And if he does choose to, he does it 3 hours late.

Fuck Axl.

gbranton
02-16-2012, 02:10 AM
Guy doesn't even show up when 60,000 pay him to. And if he does choose to, he does it 3 hours late.

What REALLY took the fucking cake was when he was on "That Metal Show" and one of those jokers finally got the balls to make a somewhat veiled reference to this and Axl BLAMED IT ON FUCKING SLASH.

ELVIS
02-16-2012, 02:12 AM
Well... just the fact that the five of them will even be in the same room is probably enough to make Satan put on a sweater. :biggrin:

A sweater vest will suffice...

Dave's Bitch
02-16-2012, 02:53 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOO :cheer::jumping0041::pray::lookie::love:

GreenBayLA
02-16-2012, 03:01 AM
YEah well it will never top Van Halen's induction ceremony, err ah nevermind. Hope GnR can get it together even if for one night.

binnie
02-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Can't imagine that anything will come of this.

Slash has a solo record due out and seems to be enjoying working with a singer he can actually stomach.

Adler is - and always has been - a trainwreck. Who would want to risk working with him?

Izzy has pretty much given up on the big time and does his own thing (his solo records are worth checking out). He was the first to tire of the circus way before it all went down the toilet.

To suggest it all depends on whether Axl says yay or nay is a little too simple. Do any of these guys - Adler aside - need the money enough to handle the hassle. This would be the reunion to end all reunions, but can any of them be bothered?

Seshmeister
02-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Maybe they will do one or two songs but Slash would be crazy to get involved in a reunion.

Panamark
02-16-2012, 03:48 AM
So will KFC Bucket Face be there ?

Golden AWe
02-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Well here's another NASCAR waiting to happen.

But NO appearance ever will be as exciting as VMA '96. None.

twonabomber
02-16-2012, 04:27 AM
no bucketman.

sadaist
02-16-2012, 05:35 AM
This would be the reunion to end all reunions,

I agree & disagree

1996 VH would have been. We got gypped.

gipped? jipped? jypped?

None look right but gypped isn't setting off spellchecker.

Fuck it. We got ripped off. Better.

fryingdutchman
02-16-2012, 05:44 AM
This would be the reunion to end all reunions

Or a really good episode of "Celebrity Rehab"...

Carmine
02-16-2012, 05:50 AM
it won't be on live TV and they'll edit all the good shit out.

i knew i should have bought tickets to that show.

They're playing House of Blues now
http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eventdetail.php?eventid=73237

anything on a show out there, Twona?

Panamark
02-16-2012, 05:59 AM

The originals ?

Carmine
02-16-2012, 06:15 AM
The originals ?

Axl and company, Mark...

Panamark
02-16-2012, 06:31 AM
Fuck that then.

A real Gunners reunion would admittedly interest me.
If for no other reason than AXL being forced to admit he
is not the band :)

Carmine
02-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Fuck that then.

A real Gunners reunion would admittedly interest me.
If for no other reason than AXL being forced to admit he
is not the band :)

Well, thats happening. Its clear what fans want and thats an original line-up reunion... I recall seeing them booked in November in Chicago at Allstate I believe... and the show being cancelled due to poor ticket sales...

Now, they're playing at the House of Blues...

Get it, Axl?

Panamark
02-16-2012, 06:59 AM
I can wait a few more years for this, this year is Van Halen's ! :)

Carmine
02-16-2012, 07:00 AM
I can wait a few more years for this, this year is Van Halen's ! :)

Agreed!! :)

Dave's Bitch
02-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Prices:
$75.00 - GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING
$125.00 - RESERVED SEATING BALCONY

That is an expensive gig.I remember i payed something like that a few years back.The price is definately not helping ticket sales

Carmine
02-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Prices:
$75.00 - GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING
$125.00 - RESERVED SEATING BALCONY

That is an expensive gig.I remember i payed something like that a few years back.The price is definately not helping ticket sales

Also agreed....that and the fact that beers are $9 at the HOB...

If I'm paying $9 for a beer it had best include a hot blonde and a table dance :cheer:

Dave's Bitch
02-16-2012, 07:09 AM

Plus Shirts and other merchandise will be extortionately high.

Seshmeister
02-16-2012, 07:17 AM

Waiting for hours on Axl Twat while paying $9 a beer.

Sounds like hell on earth...

Zing!
02-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Last I saw of Steven Adler he could barely string a complete sentence together. Not sure he could keep a beat on drums if he tried. Sorum might have to play the drums by default. Not that I think it would ever happen. They would have to have the service entrance in the back of the HOB enlarged so Axl could fit his giant ego through the door.

Seshmeister
02-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Last I saw of Steven Adler he could barely string a complete sentence together.

To be fair he is a drummer...

Dave's Bitch
02-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I believe he had another relapse in 2011

Zing!
02-16-2012, 07:29 AM
To be fair he is a drummer...

Heh heh... true.

fourthcoming
02-16-2012, 07:47 AM
From 1986 to 1988 this band was incredible.....after that....ehh.....as long as they don't try playing Aint talkin Bout Love again like VR did at the VH induction they should be ok.

Yount
02-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Steve Adler on Celebrity Rehab was quite funny at times! (a little fucked up also)
But Gary Busey was the star of the show!!
I just loved it how he thought he was there to help the patients - sooo in denial about his own addictions.
TV

twonabomber
02-16-2012, 08:17 AM

not that i have heard of. just looked at the HOB schedule, other than Steel Panther in April there isn't much good on it.

i bet the HOB Atlantic City is a bigger room than HOB Cleveland.

GNR played Youngstown in December.

Adler's Appetite played a little biker bar near here a couple summers ago. before the show they stopped at a steakhouse (right off Rt 90) where my niece used to work but she was too chickenshit to ask for autographs.

Terry
02-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I dunno...

The only interest for me would be if the Appetite lineup actually played a few tunes, and even then it's still a mild interest at best.

Once Izzy bailed, GnR jumped the shark.

THEDOCTOR
02-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Saw the original line up open for Crue before their album hit. They sucked so bad half the crowd went for a drink and piss. I couldnt believe a band that sucked that bad could make such a great album. I truly hope they reunite and show everyone how terrible they were and Slash bashes Axle Douchebag over the head with his guitar knocking his arrogant ass out cold onstage. That would be the best.RRHOF performance. Ever.

Golden AWe
02-17-2012, 01:58 AM
To be honest...ok, Van Halen is in action, but if it wasn't, even the reunion of DLR BAND would be more exciting...

gbranton
02-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Saw the original line up open for Crue before their album hit. They sucked so bad half the crowd went for a drink and piss. I couldnt believe a band that sucked that bad could make such a great album.

Yep, I saw that Dr. Feelgood tour as well, here in Mobile, AL and Guns sucked. Bad. I haven't had an urge to see them since.

78/84 guy
02-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Last I saw of Steven Adler he could barely string a complete sentence together. Not sure he could keep a beat on drums if he tried. Sorum might have to play the drums by default. Not that I think it would ever happen. They would have to have the service entrance in the back of the HOB enlarged so Axl could fit his giant ego through the door.

He has his Adler's Appetite band going still I think. They played here last summer. He can still drum. Slash has played with him.

78/84 guy
02-17-2012, 05:41 PM
What REALLY took the fucking cake was when he was on "That Metal Show" and one of those jokers finally got the balls to make a somewhat veiled reference to this and Axl BLAMED IT ON FUCKING SLASH.

That was funny !! Like Slash had the power to tell Axhole to get on the road !! I loved it.

DavidLeeNatra
02-17-2012, 06:09 PM
http://wazzup2day.com/public/album_photo/a4/0e/0e96_286b.jpg?c=b90b

DavidLeeNatra
02-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Asshole Rose singing "Happy trails" by VH! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ij7j6bf4WI&feature=related

Seshmeister
02-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Lucky it wasn't a girl or he would have taken her on...

Jetstream
02-17-2012, 06:48 PM
though the glory days of Guns N Roses are in the past for the most part, Slash was a part of something very special, much like the effect Van Halen had on the scene when they erupted. For him to say the new Van Halen is bad ass, means more than anything Eddie Trunk or other critics can say, and even Trunk head made sure to tweet in his typical kiss ass style that he agrees. Slash is a link to a generation whose first experience with Van Halen was the horrible Hagar creation, and this is someone those younger rock heads can respect and it is a big positive in spreading what a great band Van Halen was with Roth and still is. Thank you Slash, and unlike Axl Rose, he truly understands what a great LP should sound like and that is no Chinese Democracy. Slash will also perform in a rock festival event coming soon to Oklahoma..Chickenfoot is on the bill too, sweet...let Hagar feel the tension from his contemporaries as he continues to live in denial.

Seshmeister
02-17-2012, 06:57 PM
I liked his solo album but I didn't like how he said 'pretty badass' rather than just plain 'badass'. :)

Guns N' Roses wouldn't have happened without Van Halen. Musically they may have been more 70s Aerosmith but Van Halen set up everything else for them.

Van Halen to all those bands are like Sabbath were to heavy metal and thrash.

Mr Walker
02-17-2012, 07:04 PM
I liked Guns And Roses back in the day just as much as the next guy... but now I find their music kind of dated and I never find myself wanting to listen to it, and now with a pending reunion... I could still give a rat's ass.

SNIPER
02-17-2012, 07:21 PM
The only GnR cd I find myself ever playing anymore is Lies. I love that one. I hope Steve keeps his shit together so there can be a true reunion one of these days. I love the feel he puts into the songs. Matt is a great drummer but he is too much like a drum machine to me. As alway this is just my opinion.

SNIPER
02-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I saw the real Guns at the L.A. Coliseum when they opened for The Stones. They did 4 nights, I saw the 2nd night. Living Colour opened up. I thought LC stole the show. Those dudes were bad ass live!

SNIPER
02-17-2012, 07:33 PM
He has his Adler's Appetite band going still I think. They played here last summer. He can still drum. Slash has played with him.

I saw them at The Knitting Factory in Boise last May. I thought they did a very good job, Although their big ass bass player bugs me for some reason I thought the whole band had a lot of cover band talent. Steve played just like the album and nailed it, I was actually impressed by him.

78/84 guy
02-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Slash is a good dude !! Love his playing. He love's Ed & never tried to rip him off. Hard to do for a 80's player !

Golden AWe
02-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Slash is a good dude !! Love his playing. He love's Ed & never tried to rip him off. Hard to do for a 80's player !

He also tweeted something about Dave's sexuality...

Yeah I recall him as a CVH fan but his fav album is Rocks or Toys in the Attic

SNIPER
02-18-2012, 01:48 AM
I love the way Slash plays. Always has very tasty solos.

fourthcoming
02-18-2012, 09:12 AM
I saw the real Guns at the L.A. Coliseum when they opened for The Stones. They did 4 nights, I saw the 2nd night. Living Colour opened up. I thought LC stole the show. Those dudes were bad ass live!

Saw them open for the Stones at Shea Stadium on that same tour and LC was bad ass.....underrated group.....and your dead on with Sorum VS. Adler....although I did see Sorum fill in for Mikkey Dee two years ago with Motorhead at the Roseland Ballroom and he was damn good....surprisingly good. I'm glad I was able to see the original GNR....saw them open for Aerosmith and Deep Purple at Giants stadium...(Paradise city video) They were pretty damn good....saw em again a few years later with Soundgarden and both bands were terrrible. Once Izzy left, the band was nothing. That dude wrote a ton of lyrics and obviously Axl was lost without him cuz they didn't make dick after Izzy left.

fourthcoming
02-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I know I might get slammed for saying this, but if we're talking Guns, I always thought L.A. Guns was underrated.....first two albums....especially the first were solid.....Man in the Moon was solid too. Tracii Guns can play. Love me some sleazy rock and roll.

Seshmeister
02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Axl is bringing his shitty band over to the UK in May. Here's a recent review.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/guns-n-roses-minus-the-heavy-artillery-at-fillmore-silver-spring/2012/02/24/gIQAE8rZYR_story.html

Guns N’ Roses, minus the heavy artillery, at Fillmore Silver Spring

By Chris Richards, Published: February 24

Guns N’ Roses stepped onto the Fillmore Silver Spring stage a few ticks after midnight Friday morning and didn’t pack it up until 3:04 a.m.

It wasn’t a rock concert. It was a hostage situation.

Where did these guys even find the gall to call themselves Guns N’ Roses? Led by the band’s only original member, frontman Axl Rose, this unfocused eight-man crew pranced and preened with the enthusiasm and talent of a tribute band. For three torturous hours, the guys sucked the life force from some of the most anthemic rock songs ever written — “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” “Paradise City” and “November Rain” among them.

To call it a train wreck wouldn’t be right. Train wrecks are fast and violent. This was like being stuck in gridlock traffic behind a garbage truck in August.

Since Guns N’ Roses’ beloved original lineup dissolved in the mid-’90s, Rose has become a master of this brand of show-biz sadism. In order to bask in his mediocrity, we must wait. Fans stuck around for 15 years as the man tinkered with “Chinese Democracy,” the 2008 opus that only proved how far he had fallen. Now, at age 50, Rose is touring with this version of Guns N’ Roses as the band prepares to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April.

Dreamers dreamed that this warm-up tour of relatively intimate club dates might include some of the band’s early members — guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Steven Adler — that fantastic collision of characters that made Guns N’ Roses so magnetic 25 years ago when its album “Appetite for Destruction” gave rock-and-roll its last massive injection of sex and danger.

Instead, Rose has surrounded himself with sloppy, unimaginative players who make him sound dated, safe and sexless. They had no command of pace or rhythm Friday. Drum fills were dashed off. Guitar leads were hurried. And anytime Rose left the stage for one of the dozens of breathers he took throughout the set, the band would wander off into instrumental dead zones, as if trying to discover the intersection of pathetic and insulting. (They found it during a three-minute guitar solo over the “Pink Panther” theme.)

Vocally, Rose sounded battered but not beaten. His indelible screeching — half bird of prey, half race car brake pad — was never expected to last for a lifetime, but his voice sounded stronger than it should.

And he made up for any botched notes with those iconic moves, furiously pacing the stage, leaning against phantom walls, doing that snakey thing with his hips. His physicality was the only thing connecting him to a more glorious past.

So why did he keep leaving the stage? It served only as a repeated reminder of the Guns N’ Roses we weren’t seeing.

The primary stench emanated from Frank Ferrer’s drum kit as he carelessly let the songs slip out of focus. It felt most egregious during the finale of “November Rain,” as he turned those riveting rat-a-tat snare hits into lazy thwickity-thwacks.

More embarrassing: the Slash pantomime performed by guitarist DJ Ashba. He seems to have been hired for his ability to wear a top hat, play a Les Paul and smoke cigarettes simultaneously.

Even the group’s most veteran members — bassist Tommy Stinson and pianist Dizzy Reed — failed to bring dignity to these songs. Back to noodling at Guitar Center, all of you!

“Ya’ hangin’ in there?” Rose asked before “Shackler’s Revenge,” a song from “Chinese Democracy” that even fans in “Chinese Democracy” T-shirts seemed annoyed by. It was 1:59 a.m. Sixty-five more minutes to go.

A distended version of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” was followed by the evening’s only real stage banter: Rose reminiscing about the legendary Baltimore rock club Hammerjacks. “I remember Maryland,” he told the thinning crowd. Yet somehow, this non-story felt endearing, reminding us that there was a human being up there trying to be great again. Stockholm syndrome had officially set in. Encore! Encore!

Exhausted applause at 2:31 a.m. earned the audience another gratuitous guitar solo interlude, two more tunes from “Chinese Democracy,” the acoustic ballad “Patience” — irony! — and the band’s signature, “Paradise City.”

Fans sang along with new zeal, perhaps realizing the song’s double-time finale meant their freedom: “Take me down to the paradise city / Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty / Oh, won’t you please take me home?”

Yes, yes, yes. Let’s all get home safely and quickly. Tomorrow, we start trying to forget this night ever happened.

binnie
02-27-2012, 12:37 PM
The players he's using aren't sloppy - if anything, the problem is the opposite.

They play everything dead on: there's no groove, no danger. It feels like a tribute (at least when I saw 'em).

fryingdutchman
04-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Well, we all know how fucked up the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame can be...and how disingenuous the whole process appears these days. By way of example, allowing Sammy Hagar to be inducted as a member of Van Halen....but I digress...

Anyway, the Hall is inducting Guns 'N Roses...but Axl wants no part of it. He's taking a page out of John Lydon's book. Read on....

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Axl Rose sent a "Thanks, but no thanks" letter to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for its induction of Guns N' Roses in Cleveland next weekend.

Bad blood between Rose and several former band mates from the original 1985 lineup is apparently at the center of his decision.

The Guns N' Roses lead singer wrote that after being "polite, courteous and open to an amicable solution," he concluded that the induction ceremony "doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."

"Of course I realized as things stood, if Guns N' Roses were to be inducted it'd be somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation," said Rose, who tours with a version of the group that includes none of the original members from 1985.

Rose expressed frustration with what he called "a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies" from former bandmates "for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities."

He singled out original drummer Steven Adler for giving "interviews filled with reunion lies" five years ago.

"Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion," he wrote.

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia

Axl Rose, Guns N' Roses lead singerAnd don't even try to induct him into the hall without his approval, he wrote.

"I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf," Rose wrote. "Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses'."

"We are sorry Axl will not be able to accept his Induction in person," said Lauren Bishop, a spokeswoman for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Slash, the original lead guitarist who left the band in 1996, will attend, his rep told CNN.

Duff McKagen, the original bassist, has tweeted his intention to be there.

Rose closed his letter saying, "as ironic as it may seem, I'd like to sincerely thank the board for their nomination and their votes for Guns' induction."

binnie
04-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Does this mean that the band cannot be inducted now? Or just Axl?

If there was an award for holding grudges, he'd win every time.

Mr Walker
04-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Good for him!
Fuck the hall of fame... it's gay and it's a joke.
Edward should have sent them the same type of letter... that would have been awesome!

DLR Bridge
04-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Good for him!
Edward should have sent them the same type of letter... that would have been awesome!

I like the sounds of it too. Definitely a less sloppy way to put the kabosh on the whole thing than the way things went down in VH land.

Panamark
04-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Is anyone actually surprised ?

Mr Walker
04-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Does this mean that the band cannot be inducted now? Or just Axl?

If there was an award for holding grudges, he'd win every time.

Just Axl, I think... this prevents them from going up there and saying phony shit about him... the way Sam and Sauce did when they professed their love for Ed during their embarrassing induction speech.

adena dodds
04-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Hey with a name like Axl you just might as well expect to get the ax at any given time! He did write a pretty professional letter describing his feelings toward the whole event. If it's one thing Axl did do was show up in Pittsburgh in 2002, I think it was then, when he went on tour. He was an hour late and we were all on pins and needles since he was known to not show up at all most of the time on that tour. He came out wearing a Steeler shirt #36. I was going to wear the same one that night, Jerome Bettis, but it was a cold November rain/snow so I went for a velvet shirt instead. He said, "So I see we have some gamblers in the audience tonight?" "Who here thought that I wasn't gonna show up?" Then they did put on one hell of a performance and Axl even stood on top of his piano jumping off of it at times. Axl is cool. He's a recluse and I don't blame him. I had heard that later on he even cancelled the whole the last leg of his tour that ended up out West. I think that says alot for my home town of Pittsburgh, Pa. where down here we're pretty damn proud! Any Steeler fan is a friend of mine...we know no other team...and quite frankly we don't want to! You go boy! How about Bucket Head...Who is he? KFC. Anybody?

Mr Walker
04-12-2012, 08:49 AM
I was reading another article and Axl delivered one of the greatest non-DLR rock n roll quotes ever...

"Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending"

Fucking awesome!

ELVIS
04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Good for him!

He did, but he put it in a bottle of Smookin' Loon and they have yet to receive it...