X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

God Damn it I Miss The 80's!

taking a look back in time makes me wish I couldn't just leave the present.

Here's a good MTV Music Video Awards show clips with performances and of course DAVE at 1:11 mins in. And at 1:32 we're treated to Van Fagar in their terry cloth red robes standing in a circle for some reason?...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/erqdUveGAyo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/erqdUveGAyo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"
  • VanHalenFan5150
    Sniper
    • Oct 2009

I miss the 90s
    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fucking nostalgia freaks
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Fucking nostalgia freaks
        Count me in as well. I never miss those "I Love The 70s (or 80s)" marathons that run on VH-1 every so often.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Susie Q
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

The 80's were damn good times....

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
          ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

absolutely! I love looking back and seeing how far we came. for better or worse.
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

The 80's were great for no other reason than we were young and full of piss and vinegar!

So much great music but in all honesty.............the fashions and pop culture was embarrassing to look back at. Ever have one of those, "What the fuck was I thinking", fashion faux pas moments, looking back at old photos
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Susie Q
                The 80's were damn good times....
                I worked hard and partied hard. The 80's for me was lot's of hangovers, fabulous parties and nightlife fun, concerts, the smell of beer and pussy with some weed thrown in.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I worked hard and partied hard. The 80's for me was lot's of hangovers, fabulous parties and nightlife fun, concerts, the smell of beer and pussy with some weed thrown in.

Dude, if you could make a body spray with those scents you would put AXE out of business.

I totally miss the 80's. The music was all about being happy, partying, driving fast, getting laid, and just enjoying life all around. The 90's everyone became angry, and the 00's everyone became sad. Now the recent trend is all about money & who can get the most popular for doing the absolute least. Snooki anyone? Kardashians?

I miss arena concerts. A good summer we would have Crue, VH, Scorpions, Ozzy, Priest, Def Lep, Ratt, and many others swing through town. And at an average of $15 a ticket, you could mow a few lawns for the cash.

We would ride our bikes out on Saturday. Hit all the record shops that also sold band buttons for our levi jackets, fingerless black gloves, bandannas, etc. We would end up at the mall. Burger King next to the ketchup & salt dispensers had stacks of gold colored tin foil ashtrays for smoking in the restaurant. We could buy smokes for about $1 and hang at the mall all day.

Get home in time to give the new album a few listens before Charlie Brown special came on TV. Just hearing the opening piano song brings back great memories.

If we saved up enough cash we would show off our new bike pedals, handlebars, grips, or aero seat. We pimped our BMX bikes like people trick out their Harleys.

Anyone remember calling a friend on the phone & hearing a busy signal? When was the last time you heard that sound?

If anyone builds a time machine, I'll be in the first group to go. (With the 1989 & forward lottery numbers of course)
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• alexpgrimes
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

I miss so of the 80's some not so much...lol
                    If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Aw fuck it, let's do the nostalgia trip shit then.....

This one goes out to Teresa.....where ever the Hell you are tonight...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And now, here to sing his own rendition of an 80's classic, here's former pResident George Chimpy Bush......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Aw fuck it, let's do the nostalgia trip shit then.....

This one goes out to Teresa.....where ever the Hell you are tonight...

awesome!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

even better!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4EfIBPr17Rw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4EfIBPr17Rw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Things i don't miss about the 80's: the feathering of hair, swatches, new Coke, New Kids on the Block.

Things i miss about the 80's: Heather Thomas, The Fall Guy and studio albums from classic Van Halen.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...