PDA

View Full Version : Dlr to vai

mh5150
08-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Vai had talked with Roth (and his current relationship with existing Van Halen members) and that (Roth) stated that the forthcoming album with his old bandmantes would either be called "Mammoth" (Wolfgang VanHalen's suggestion) or "Krakatoa Sunrise". Roth is purs...uing the latter as he said, "When you wake up to the new (Van Halen) album, it's going to be the biggest sound you ever heard in your life."

SilvioDante
08-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Vai had talked with Roth (and his current relationship with existing Van Halen members) and that (Roth) stated that the forthcoming album with his old bandmantes would either be called "Mammoth" (Wolfgang VanHalen's suggestion) or "Krakatoa Sunrise". Roth is purs...uing the latter as he said, "When you wake up to the new (Van Halen) album, it's going to be the biggest sound you ever heard in your life."

Dude, you'd better duck and run for cover....

Anonymous
08-24-2010, 05:48 PM

Yes, my sources also tell me this is the case.

Cheers! :bottle:

Diamondjimi
08-24-2010, 05:58 PM

More details. Who's your source?

chefcraig
08-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes, my sources also tell me this is the case.

Nah, it's gonna be called Tabula Rasa, and the first single is "Independent's Day". Here's the tracklisting (http://vhnd.com/old/archive/1200.shtml):

1. Stick it Out
2. Redline Deadline
3. Top-down 60 and Smile
4. A Toast...
5. Shooting Star
6. Independent's Day
7. Phoenix Jam
8. Lucy Likes Six-inch Spikes
9. The Neutron Sound
10. Midnight Boogie
11. Adrenaline Push
12. Sabulossa
13. Zipperface
14. 2K
15. Guys and Dolls
16. Third Time Aground.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Dude, you'd better duck and run for cover....

Nah, nothing like that....

But tell ya what, provide a link or a source, or it's getting closed....

Diamondjimi
08-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Exactly! ;)

mh5150
08-24-2010, 06:32 PM
gimme a few
or close its up to you
close it like your mind
but i will find link and reopen

Anonymous
08-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh look, a poem.

Nice.

Big Troubles
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Nah, it's gonna be called Tabula Rasa, and the first single is "Independent's Day". Here's the tracklisting (http://vhnd.com/old/archive/1200.shtml):

1. Stick it Out
2. Redline Deadline
3. Top-down 60 and Smile
4. A Toast...
5. Shooting Star
6. Independent's Day
7. Phoenix Jam
9. The Neutron Sound
10. Midnight Boogie
11. Adrenaline Push
12. Sabulossa
13. Zipperface
14. 2K
15. Guys and Dolls
16. Third Time Aground.

neat. :baaa:

Va Beach VH Fan
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
close it like your mind

MY mind is closed because YOU didn't include a link, Mr. Insider ?? M'kay....

I'll keep it open (and no, you can't reopen it if I were to close it) for a while.....

Big Troubles
08-24-2010, 06:38 PM
i like this "news".

its either sad truth or a fun lie.

Big Troubles
08-24-2010, 06:40 PM

I like Mammoth.

now RELEASE IT...There ya go...Not so fuckn hard right? Jesus...

GAR
08-24-2010, 06:47 PM

uhhh

huhhhuhuhuuhuhuhhh~!!!

mh5150
08-24-2010, 06:49 PM
:biggrin::biggrin:
MY mind is closed because YOU didn't include a link, Mr. Insider ?? M'kay....

I'll keep it open (and no, you can't reopen it if I were to close it) for a while.....

I never claimed to be an INSIDER just a fan.
i am waiting for the person who passed this on to me to get back to me.
When he does i will put link on here .
If he doesnt than i guessed i fucked up. Either way i have heard this before. Everyone around hear on edge ( a LITTLE)

Diamondjimi
08-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Well snap it up...

W.D.F.A. when it comes to this stuff...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Everyone around hear on edge ( a LITTLE)

When you've been fucked over as much as we have over the years, it's permanently on edge....

Big Troubles
08-24-2010, 07:23 PM
:biggrin::biggrin:

I never claimed to be an INSIDER just a fan.
If he doesnt than i guessed i fucked up. Either way i have heard this before. Everyone around hear on edge ( a LITTLE)

it's in the coffee me thinks.

cool. we'll wait. we're used to it. :jammin:

mh5150
08-24-2010, 07:25 PM
The way I se it is that VH in all incarnations ( be it good or bad) has given us the music of our lives. Any new music or tours is just iceing on the cake.
Dont get me wrong i want new VH more than anyone (seen them over 20 times in the last 30 years ) but they VH doesnt owe me shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just passing on info from a few friends one of which runs a popular VH site.
Get off the edge or you will get cut

Seshmeister
08-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Roth is purs...uing the latter as he said, "When you wake up to the new (Van Halen) album, it's going to be the biggest sound you ever heard in your life."

Even if this is true I'm afraid these days after how much he bigged up the reunion tour and Wolfgang we would have to take Roth talk as being just used car salesman spin.

Also it would need to not be recorded at 5150.

hambon4lif
08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
8. Lucy Likes Six-inch SpikesAs a DJ in a gentlemens club, I would LOVE to hear this particular track. If it's got a "Lose The Dress" groove with dirtier lyrics, it'd be my favoritest song, like ,ever!
I'd play the fuck out of it!

GreenBayLA
08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
My "inside source" says the new CD will be called "Tastes Like Chickenfoot" :biggrin: Before that it was "Encore" yawn.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29558

78/84 guy
08-24-2010, 08:00 PM
If it is true i'm pissed Vai didn't ask Dave too call Billy & Greg to do a few show's in Vegas or somewhere to film for a Eat Em reunion dvd !!!!!

hambon4lif
08-24-2010, 08:05 PM
If it is true i'm pissed Vai didn't ask Dave too call Billy & Greg to do a few show's in Vegas or somewhere to film for a Eat Em reunion dvd !!!!!No kidding! Powerful' band!

Talk about bringing a rocket launcher to a fuckin' pencil-fight!

"Billy the bass player" can stiill slay!!

Dan
08-24-2010, 08:12 PM
I Smell A Rat.:D

Matt White
08-24-2010, 08:17 PM
My people tell me it's going to be called........"Arthur"

hambon4lif
08-24-2010, 08:23 PM
I Smell A Rat.:DI smell pussy!

However....he does have '5150' in his username. If he says it, doesn't it make it so?
Afterall, the other Van Halen sites are doing it......

kwame k
08-24-2010, 08:25 PM

Smashing, simply smashing :beers8:

SilvioDante
08-24-2010, 08:33 PM

A Hard Day's Night reference. Love it! Thanks George...

Guitar Shark
08-24-2010, 08:35 PM

http://www.toprankblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/telephone-game.jpg

GreenBayLA
08-24-2010, 08:40 PM
My first thought:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGfTEvUqoucyGGb-ZrFotlveO7sFgQ3yBxE0Q8jEo0GUHqFtw&t=1&usg=__xCybI_1KiUNp20Gs1IhWTp6Fl6k=

Terry
08-24-2010, 09:06 PM
i like this "news".

its either sad truth or a fun lie.

The rumors swirling around the band these days are probably more fun than the reality.

jhale667
08-24-2010, 09:17 PM
A Hard Day's Night reference. Love it! Thanks George...

"He's very clean, isn't he?"

sadaist
08-24-2010, 09:20 PM
More details. Who's your source?

Weird, but it's already on both Roths and Vais wikipedia pages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lee_Roth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Vai

Va Beach VH Fan
08-24-2010, 09:57 PM
I was just passing on info from a few friends one of which runs a popular VH site.

What site is that ?? We know all of them....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Weird, but it's already on both Roths and Vais wikipedia pages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lee_Roth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Vai

He also added this to Alex's Wiki page:

Alex has commented that the first single from the new Van Halen album is likely to be a track currently titled "Please". There is another unnamed track in consideration for a single release, but that a video will be filmed for one of the tracks in mid-September, with a radio/single release for October, 2011. The new album is expected to be available in April, 2011. A tour is currently in the planning stages for June, 2011.

Whoever it is, he's doing it from Schererville, Indiana. Also, he has never registered here....

He edited the Vai and DLR entries on Aug. 19th and Alex's on the 21st....

GAR
08-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Who edited that concert pic - the ones with the two schnarbs in sunglasses onstage with Dave "Van Halen 1978"?

hahaha that was the hottest..

hambon4lif
08-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm gonna tell ya' something else! I've read those wiki pages, and how the people of Indiana want to persuade Dave into politics.....I'm gonna tell you right up front to knock it the fuck off!
The world of politics is a dirty ass fucking game, reserved for the likes of empty-suit, crack-smokin', cock-suckin' lying faggots like Barack Obama and George W. Bush, and Diamond Dave does not need to be encouraged to enter such a dirty spectrum of lowlifes!
If residents of Indiana continue to pursue this, I will have no choice but to show up at each and every one of their doorsteps to punch them in the throat.

Let Dave rock, and let the spineless dirty bastards do what they do.

.....someone like David Lee Roth doesn't belong, or has no place in, the overflowing septic-tank which is politics.

Your best bet, is to lean towards something more to do with Van Halen.

twonabomber
08-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Nah, it's gonna be called Tabula Rasa

nah.

REACTOR

Vinnie Velvet
08-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Well, we know Vai and Dave are still friends and may keep in touch from time to time.

Where did we hear about Wolf wanting to call the new album "Mammoth"?? I swear I read that somewhere else recently.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-25-2010, 01:13 PM
That's what I asked the esteemed thread starter, but alas, he has yet to respond.....

Big Troubles
08-25-2010, 01:25 PM

1. Stick it Out
2. Redline Deadline
3. Top-down 60 and Smile
4. A Toast...
5. Shooting Star
6. Independent's Day
7. Phoenix Jam
9. The Neutron Sound
10. Midnight Boogie
11. Adrenaline Push
12. Sabulossa
13. Zipperface
14. 2K
15. Guys and Dolls
16. Third Time Aground.

i absolutely love this track listing!

chefcraig
08-25-2010, 01:39 PM
That's what I asked the esteemed thread starter, but alas, he has yet to respond.....

It's fairly surprising that this thread didn't follow the usual path, namely...

1. A poster comes along with some new "facts" regarding the current state of VH, including one or two tidbits not verified via a link.
2. The poster is asked for a source.
3. The poster responds he is in contact with another person close to the band (who is for one reason or another not capable of being contacted for the moment by the poster), and that his statements are positively true.
4. As doubt continues, the poster states that he is merely a fan of the band, and wished to share good news.
5. The poster announces he will provide his source to a moderator, in order of verifying his claims. However, no proof is ever offered, publicly or privately.
6. Faced with nothing more than hot air, members question the validity of the claims and the poster.
7. The poster becomes indignant, offering insults and vague "You'll see that I was right/I shall be vindicated" announcements.
8. After roughly a day and a half of much heat but very little light, the thread is closed, and the poster disappears altogether from the site.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I hear ya Craig, and trust me, the sand is running low in the hourglass.....

Anonymous
08-25-2010, 03:20 PM
It's fairly surprising that this thread didn't follow the usual path, namely...

1. A poster comes along with some new "facts" regarding the current state of VH, including one or two tidbits not verified via a link.
2. The poster is asked for a source.
3. The poster responds he is in contact with another person close to the band (who is for one reason or another not capable of being contacted for the moment by the poster), and that his statements are positively true.
4. As doubt continues, the poster states that he is merely a fan of the band, and wished to share good news.
5. The poster announces he will provide his source to a moderator, in order of verifying his claims. However, no proof is ever offered, publicly or privately.
6. Faced with nothing more than hot air, members question the validity of the claims and the poster.
7. The poster becomes indignant, offering insults and vague "You'll see that I was right/I shall be vindicated" announcements.
8. After roughly a day and a half of much heat but very little light, the thread is closed, and the poster disappears altogether from the site.

You're talkin' about that Enlighter with a Playboy something in his name or avatar, aren't you?

Here to enlighten, that's what he was here for.

Ah, mammaries.

chefcraig
08-25-2010, 03:41 PM
You're talkin' about that Enlighter with a Playboy something in his name or avatar, aren't you?

Here to enlighten, that's what he was here for.

Ah, mammaries.

True enough, but that guy was merely the latest until now to fit the pattern. For one reason or another, the act keeps getting repeated every few months, and has been going on with only slight variation since sometime in late 2000.

GAR
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I hear ya Craig, and trust me, the sand is running low in the hourglass.....

Why can't we keep this open and have a little fun with for a few months?

Va Beach VH Fan
08-25-2010, 03:52 PM
We'll see how it goes GAR....

In terms of an "insider", nobody is close to the time in the early '00's that this dude claimed to have seen the artwork for the "new album", and that is was going to the presses.... He had people slobbering all over him for a full month.... It was so convincing that he finally had to admit that he was bullshitting..... For the life of me, I can't remember his name, though.....

GAR
08-25-2010, 04:01 PM
"Afghanistan"?

mh5150
08-25-2010, 04:10 PM
:deadhorse:IM BACK
For one i never said i was an Insider or knew the band. All i did was post something that was sent to me and i thought you guys or gals would be interested. (thats all). Didnt mean to start a bunch of shit just trying to pass along info . Which the guy who passed to me said " it came from the wiki sites " and if i would have known that i wouldnt have bothered to post.
I told you in the beginning of this thread that it may true or i FUCKED up. So i guess i FUCKED up . Not trying to get anyones panties in a ruffle.
This place reminds me of the old VHML

Va Beach VH Fan
08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
No problem, but in our defense, you have absolutely NO IDEA the dozens upon dozens of people that have claimed to have inside information in the 10 years this site has been around.... It's because of that we collectively have a VERY short fuse when one of these threads pops up....

mh5150
08-25-2010, 04:20 PM
No problem, but in our defense, you have absolutely NO IDEA the dozens upon dozens of people that have claimed to have inside information in the 10 years this site has been around.... It's because of that we collectively have a VERY short fuse when one of these threads pops up....

eventhough i just joined this site i have been coming here for years. I can understand the frustration been a VH/DLR fan since i first heard them in 78 at the age of 11 . I am searching the web everyday for info and will watch what i post. Right now i think info about neew VH (unless officially released from the band) should be taken with a grain of salt.!!

GAR
08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
I always thought this kind of stuff is just the bullet-fodder for the Sheep Pen that validates their existence here, which if not left around for target practice - they wind up attacking themselves and others!

Vinnie Velvet
08-26-2010, 11:01 AM
We'll see how it goes GAR....

In terms of an "insider", nobody is close to the time in the early '00's that this dude claimed to have seen the artwork for the "new album", and that is was going to the presses.... He had people slobbering all over him for a full month.... It was so convincing that he finally had to admit that he was bullshitting..... For the life of me, I can't remember his name, though.....

Oh man. How can I forget that one.

I can't remember the dude's name either. But that BS insider info of the new CD was one for the ages.

twonabomber
08-26-2010, 11:22 AM
I am searching the web everyday for info

everyone else here is too...

and will watch what i post

that's a good idea. if you think you have found something no one else has, use the search before you post. chances are it's been posted before.

78/84 guy
08-27-2010, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=hambon4lif;1482136]I'm gonna tell ya' something else! I've read those wiki pages, and how the people of Indiana want to persuade Dave into politics.....I'm gonna tell you right up front to knock it the fuck off!
The world of politics is a dirty ass fucking game, reserved for the likes of empty-suit, crack-smokin', cock-suckin' lying faggots like Barack Obama and George W. Bush, and Diamond Dave does not need to be encouraged to enter such a dirty spectrum of lowlifes!
If residents of Indiana continue to pursue this, I will have no choice but to show up at each and every one of their doorsteps to punch the

.....someone like David Lee Roth doesn't belong, or has no place in, the overflowinDg septic-tank which is politics.
Dave isn't STUPID enough to get into politics !!!!

ZahZoo
08-27-2010, 08:43 AM
I Smell A Rat.:D

Are you running Windows 7 with Smellovision?