X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanHalenFan5150
    Sniper
    • Oct 2009

I need a serious man to man talk with someone, or anyone

Okay, apart from this thread title having a really badly worded title, I have something I need to talk about with a bunch of guys who have probably been through this.

My dad is the biggest prick ever.

Once the thread gets started i'll begin to open up more... I'm serious about this whole thing though, once I start telling you guys what i'm going through it's not a laughing matter. I don't want to get made fun of or anything... I just wanted to throw this out there and have an adult to talk to...
    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Dude, you're 15........if your father wasn't a prick in your eyes, there would be something wrong with you.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
      Sniper
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kwame k
      Dude, you're 15........if your father wasn't a prick in your eyes, there would be something wrong with you.
      LOL.

Well, I love him, he's still my dad. I just think he's a prick.
      Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Has your Dad been trolling you?

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

My opinion, don't do it here....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
            Sniper
            • Oct 2009

I wouldn't call it that. I might as well explain the whole situation. My dad was born the last child of 6 in a middle class family. He was always pushed around. Anyway, he has a twin who he really connects with, and this summer my dad was a total jerk to his twin bro. The next day his twin loses his arm and my dad goes apeshit on me my mom and my sister... calls my mom an unemployed bitch, says i'm retarded, fucking stupid and useless to him, and nearly choked my sister... Then he gets into huge arguments because of his short fuse and he actually destroyed his wedding ring...

Talk about fucked up, i've seen it all

For some reason, which is beyond human nature (which in itself is to take your anger out on people who don't deserve it)... I don't feel like an acceptable outlet for his anger

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Shit, when I was 15, my old man and me didn't see eye to eye on just about anything.

Sounds simplistic to say, but odds are in ten years you'll look back at what you're going through now in terms of your relationship with your old man and laugh, because in all probability you'll be out on your own anyway and whatever you're going through currently won't matter much to you down the line.

I mean, unless it's some really fucked-up physical abuse shit going on, the passage of time will work most things out for themselves.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                Okay, apart from this thread title having a really badly worded title, I have something I need to talk about with a bunch of guys who have probably been through this.

My dad is the biggest prick ever.

Once the thread gets started i'll begin to open up more... I'm serious about this whole thing though, once I start telling you guys what i'm going through it's not a laughing matter. I don't want to get made fun of or anything... I just wanted to throw this out there and have an adult to talk to...
                You want my advice? TALK TO ACTUAL PEOPLE DAMNIT! There, now my prickishness makes you father look like ole' jolly st. nick!

Also, do what I did and come up with a plan on getting the fuck out of the house after graduating high school.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah, really. Seriously, it's never too early to start planning for post-high school life.

If shit at home gets too heavy, I'd agree with BITE and talk to a professional...shit, even a high school guidance counselor or somebody qualified to help you deal.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                    Sniper
                    • Oct 2009

Well you can read my previous post below, Terry and tell me what you think

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Does your dad have a problem with alcohol?

I don't know what kind of advice I could give you since my dad never laid a hand on any of us in anger, but if your dad is being abusive to you, your mom and your siblings, then that is unacceptable, maybe even criminal behavior. From what you posted, it sounds as if he is verbally and physically abusive.

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                        I mean, unless it's some really fucked-up physical abuse shit going on
                        It sounds as if that is exactly what's going on here. Read post #6.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                          Sniper
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Little Texan
                          It sounds as if that is exactly what's going on here. Read post #6.
                          Well my dad drinks in moderation. He'll have a gin and tonic occasionally, perhaps maybe every couple nights or so, a little vodka and lime sometimes, and a cheapo beer every night at dinner (unless he has tea) and as such he's no way alcoholic... I do though prefer him drunk. He tells me how much he loves me, how proud of me he is, how awesome I am at guitar, and how all of his old friends told him that I was something special and to keep me close. :/

I guess I should have mentioned how often he is drunk... I think I can count on one hand how many times he's been drunk. He'll get a buzz when he hangs with friends and a little tipsy on company party night but he almost never gets drunk
                          Last edited by VanHalenFan5150; 08-25-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

At least you have a dad and family around at 15.

You've only got 3 more years to go before you can do what you want, and your dad sounds like he's realizing his limitations.

Twins usually have an unexplainable bond between each other, and when one experiences a loss or illness, the other one feels miserable about it. This is documented way too much and is too common for me to provide links so just google it yourself.

If I had family around I'd probably stayed on school up thru Caltech, but I saw the guitar as a way out of being poor white trash. Which back in the 80s, when there was a music industry, some I knew actually did well then but no longer so I wouldn't recommend music as a way out.

Another way out is to graduate early like I did by taking your GED, but instead of going thru community college or a 4-year possibly with some kind of scholarship (which I don't know anything about) you can do a 3-year stint in the Navy or Air Force, save up alot of dough, then you got yourself a nice nut to do college with.

High RPM music is very stimulating to your low IQ friends, but this is short-lived. Don't focus on your dad's issues, worry about your own.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                              Sniper
                              • Oct 2009

Gar... Thank you for your insight, which for once is not actually Googled... I appreciate it, but I do think that music will take me somewhere, and I think many here will agree

Comment

Working...