X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

20 Years Ago Today...the death of SRV :(

The calendar tells me it has been that long, but I find it hard to believe. I remember hearing the news on the radio. Its like it was yesterday.

One of my regrets is never getting to see him perfom live.

Was anyone here lucky enough??
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

The night before he died. He sounded so friggin' good!!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rUl0g8e4yLo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rUl0g8e4yLo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

That is hard to believe.

Damn I am old.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Elvis, that should be some required viewing right there.

Comment

• Candy Girl

Makes one wonder what music we would be hearing from him if he had survived.
              R.I.P. Stevie.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

A sad, sad day in music history...

Never got around to seeing him live. Kinda took for granted that he always toured and played up here.
                Knew people who worked in the biz and venues he played up here. I remember them saying he was the
                nicest guy, a true Texas gentleman.
                I used to know a guy that got to jam with Stevie and the band at a soundcheck @ Massey Hall in Toronto as part of
                a tv show at the time called "Thrill of a Lifetime" where people submit their all time wish list.
                The dudes name was Phil. They did a couple of jams and then Stevie showed him a few licks and gave him a Strat + strap
                and some picks n shit.
                I heard (years later) that Phil traded the memento's for drugs. (he later died of a brain tumor)...

R.I.P. Stevie!
                <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H7ZPMScX9-k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H7ZPMScX9-k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yNwIKhneEA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yNwIKhneEA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                  Last edited by Diamondjimi; 08-27-2010, 07:39 PM.
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2006

I remember hearing the news about the helicopter crash. I've been to Alpine Valley for maybe a dozen concerts there back in the day.
                    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Was there the night before he died all the way too the back of the hill. I remember closeups of his guitar on the big screens. He was on fire !! What a shame. Healey came out on stage that night, another great loss. I remember the helicopter's landing and thinking how big they looked. Heard it on the radio Monday morning at work. A first they didn't know if it was Clapton's or Stevie's. The just said on when down and about a hour latter they come back and said it was Stevies.RIP.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

many people can play the guitar. Few can make it talk. Stevie was one of the greats.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UYkQTK9pos?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UYkQTK9pos?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

R.i.p. Srv

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                          The calendar tells me it has been that long, but I find it hard to believe. I remember hearing the news on the radio. Its like it was yesterday.

One of my regrets is never getting to see him perfom live.

Was anyone here lucky enough??
                          Yep, was lucky enough to see him (w/Lonnie Mack opening) in '89. Amazing show.
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YIHvK5WN7I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1 =0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YIHvK5WN7I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1 =0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Met him, didn't like him, didn't like his music.

Comment

Working...