• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Comedian Robert Schimmel dies after car accident

Terrible, dude was funny as hell...

PHOENIX – Standup comic Robert Schimmel, a frequent guest on Howard Stern's radio show, has died after suffering serious injuries in a car accident. He was 60.

Schimmel's spokesman, Howard Bragman, says Schimmel died Friday evening in a Phoenix hospital.

Schimmel was a passenger Thursday in a car driven by his 19-year-old daughter Aliyah. Bragman says Aliyah Schimmel swerved to avoid another car and the vehicle she was driving rolled to the side of the freeway. Bragman says she is hospitalized in stable condition.

Robert Schimmel lived in Scottsdale. The 60-year-old comedian has been a frequent guest on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and on Howard Stern's radio show. His 2008 memoir, "Cancer on $5 a Day," chronicles his battle with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

That's awful, particularly if you are familiar with what the man went through fighting cancer.

RIP, Mr. Schimmel.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Damn that sucks. You beat cancer, and then go out in some random fucking freak accident
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

very shitty deal
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I believe he was the creator of Triumph The Insult Comic Dog and the Ambiguously Gay Duo if I'm not mistaken. That sucks as the guy was a comic genius! I really enjoyed his funny ass TV Funhouse cartoons on SNL. RIP

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Er, that's Robert Smigel I'm thinking of. Wrong guy, but RIP anyway to Mr. Schimmel.

Comment

• Little Texan
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Now that I googled his name, I do remember seeing him on tv a few times.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xr2DYzC097g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xr2DYzC097g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Tragic. Dude beats cancer and goes out like that. Sad. R.I.P.
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oK__EzTXPw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oK__EzTXPw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

It's always delightful to read reports of Howard Stern's entourage reaping what they've sowed after soiling American culture with their vile bullshit.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                        It's always delightful to read reports of Howard Stern's entourage reaping what they've sowed after soiling American culture with their vile bullshit.
                        that's kind of a shitty thing to say, and i'm not really surprised that it was you who said it.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by GAR
                          says the person who put a toy car up their ass and gave it to a small child.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2010

I heard this guy a lot on the Bob & Tom show , a syndicated classic rock morning show . He was pretty funny . Sad . I feel for his daughter .

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by GAR
                              He wasn't part of "Howard Stern's entourage". He was a guest on the Stern show, much like a lot of celebrities and comedians. Hopefully you can meet a much more violent and painful demise, for soiling these great message forums with your lying and vile drivel.

It's a shame Schimmel had to go out like this after beating cancer a few years ago. Schimmel was a funny motherfucker.

Comment

Working...