Slash mentions new VH record on his IHEARTRADIO channel.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Slash mentions new VH record on his IHEARTRADIO channel.

If you're not familiar with it, CLEAR CHANNEL has a web radio format. Joe Walsh, Dave Mustaine, Weezer....even CBGB......exclusive channels. Being more than a fan of Joe Walsh and CBGB, it's great to hear commentary from the various people. They just gave Slash his own channel. He talks about David Bowie living with his mom and all kinds of shit. Interesting commentary regarding song selection as per the norm with the other channels. Anyway, he mentioned VH before playing ATBL. I can't fucking link it or quote it due to real time earwax. He said everyone is looking forward to the new record. Then went, "VAN HALEN is recording a new record." That's it.
  • vanhalen1r2
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2006

Originally posted by rustoffa
    If you're not familiar with it, CLEAR CHANNEL has a web radio format. Joe Walsh, Dave Mustaine, Weezer....even CBGB......exclusive channels. Being more than a fan of Joe Walsh and CBGB, it's great to hear commentary from the various people. They just gave Slash his own channel. He talks about David Bowie living with his mom and all kinds of shit. Interesting commentary regarding song selection as per the norm with the other channels. Anyway, he mentioned VH before playing ATBL. I can't fucking link it or quote it due to real time earwax. He said everyone is looking forward to the new record. Then went, "VAN HALEN is recording a new record." That's it.
    I really hope they have this in the works and do release a record, I have waited patiently for 26 years.
    “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

AHA so is this a hint he's asked Slash to help him play the way he's incapable of playing?

I REALLY don't want to see Slash on a VH record. That's worse than even having Sammy on it, and I don't care if it "saves" the project because Ed is too weak from chemo or not.

We can always have the Largo show, the Us Fest show, there's TONS of real Van Halen waiting for a new release and I only want the Original Recipe.

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Probably nothing like that.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

You doubt we'll have any guests on VH7..

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I have no idea. I took it as commentary from a connected Jewfro in the business. There ya go. Rock solid factuality.

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

A third-party advisement is seldom considered "rock solid" as much as it is considered to be heresay.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

The point here is that many people now in the music biz have mentioned a new VH album. It's coming.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Everyone on this board has mentioned a new album too. It's not coming.

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Who here wants to take my bet Ed is a croaker by Xmas?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If Ed croaks we are even more likely to get an album.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        If Ed croaks we are even more likely to get an album.
                        Yep... and on top of each stack of material in the vault is his completed application for sainthood, ready to go with a 50 page revisionist history manifesto...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Etienne
                          Commando
                          • Aug 2010

Comment

• speedtruckermf
                            Groupie
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                            Talk about the greatest example of someone rewriting history. Lincoln was the most racist president we ever had ( Lincoln Douglas debates) and the most out for his own agenda. He succesfully pulled off a complete revision of his acts and is now foundly remembered as the man who freed the slaves and saved the union, when niether of those facts are true. Ed must admire him.

Comment

• Southpaw
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2009

im lookin foward to a Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven Adler reunion

Comment

Working...