PDA

View Full Version : General Petraeus Speaks Out on Quran Burning...

vanhalen1r2
09-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Petraeus Speaks Out on Quran Burning...

Petraeus Condemns U.S. Church's Plan to Burn Qurans

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703713504575475500753093116.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLTopStories

The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan said the planned burning of Qurans on Sept. 11 by a small Florida church could put the lives of American troops in danger and damage the war effort.

Gen. David Petraeus said the Taliban would exploit the demonstration for propaganda purposes, drumming up anger toward the U.S. and making it harder for allied troops to carry out their mission of protecting Afghan civilians.

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

Discuss....keep it constructive when posting..

GAR
09-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Fuck the koran! What a puss.. I'd have him demoted for that shit, it's just the thing to bring down our troops' morale.

FORD
09-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm going to celebrate PNAC New Perle Harbor Day by finding a paper copy of the "Patriot Act" and burning it.

vanhalen1r2
09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
a paper copy of the "Patriot Act" and burning it.

The ever expansion of police power in this country and the ever expanding erosion of civil liberties is down right frightening.

jhale667
09-07-2010, 12:59 AM
And buring the Koran, and giving the Islamic extremists ANOTHER thing to rally around is fucking stupid.

GAR
09-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Draw their fire I say - what THEE fuck! Then we know were to blow them up at, SideshowBob667~!!

Diamondjimi
09-07-2010, 02:06 AM
Draw their fire I say - what THEE fuck! Then we know were to blow them up at, SideshowBob667~!!

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0904/three-wishes-for-you-wishes-shithead-you-re-the-one-that-suc-demotivational-poster-1240684672.jpg

FORD
09-07-2010, 02:51 AM

Yeah, we have already seen what happens when you do that, "Allah" :rolleyes:

Little Texan
09-07-2010, 02:53 AM
So this church is going to burn Korans on Sept. 11. By doing this, they are only demonstrating that Christianity is just as intolerant of other religions as Islam is. What do they expect to accomplish from this activity? Burning a few books is not going to stop the spread of Islam, so what is the point of it?

GAR
09-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Burning a few books is not going to stop the spread of Islam, so what is the point of it?

Maybe not, but that's gonna be one excellent BBQ!

GAR
09-07-2010, 03:01 AM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0904/three-wishes-for-you-wishes-shithead-you-re-the-one-that-suc-demotivational-poster-1240684672.jpg

Where'd you get that - graduation?

bueno bob
09-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Where'd you get that - graduation?

What, is that supposed to be a witty comeback?

lmao

bueno bob
09-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Well, the notion that Christianity is as intolerant of opposing religions as Islam is shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody who knows the first fucking thing about Christian history. That virus was spread at swordpoint just as much as Islam was...except probably more so.

BigBadBrian
09-07-2010, 06:35 AM
And buring the Koran, and giving the Islamic extremists ANOTHER thing to rally around is fucking stupid.

Well said. You admit Islam is a religion of hate. It's about time!

Seshmeister
09-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Yeah death to the intolerent people.

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Fuck the koran! What a puss.. I'd have him demoted for that shit, it's just the thing to bring down our troops' morale.

That's because you're a cunt that wants U.S. troops/marines to die and taunts mothers about it (at DDLR)...

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Are you Islamic Brian? Because you sure seem to hate everyone that doesn't agree with you? Birds of a feather...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Just curious how many loved ones those Bible thumpers have serving in Iraq/Afghanistan, and what they'd say if they were killed as a direct result of their actions....

But of course, then they'd say some horseshit like "it was God's will" or something other type of fairy tale....

It's OK, we'll just chalk them up on the "Death in the Name of Religion" tote board....

Seshmeister
09-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't think Petraeus should have commented on the Christian facists because it's just going to become a huge media event which in turn will give power to the Islamofacists.

The fact he has made a statement means the story is now in the news.

The dumb Mohammed cartoon thing was nothing until the media got a hold of it months later.

ELVIS
09-07-2010, 10:23 AM
The church is the Dove World Outreach Center...

Here (http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Burn-A-Koran-Day/134718123226530?v=wall) is their stupid facebook page...

jhale667
09-07-2010, 10:41 AM

As are ALL organized religions, you stupid fuck. Yours is clearly no better, as demonstrated by your (as usual) hateful, idiot comments, and those of your other scumbag troll buddy that posts here, albeit now ignored by most.

This hate monger "pastor", Terry Jones should be bitch-slapped. REPEATEDLY.

Hate Pastor Behind ‘Burn A Quran Day’ Responds To Petraeus: ‘We Have Firmly Made Up Our Mind’

As ThinkProgress has reported, the Dove World Church based out of Gainesville, FL, is organizing an “International Burn a Quran Day” on September 11. Gen. David Petraeus warned yesterday that the hate campaign “could put the lives of American troops in danger and damage the war effort.” Gen. William Caldwell — the commander of the NATO training mission in Afghanistan — echoed Petraeus’ admonition on CNN yesterday afternoon:

CALDWELL: What I will tell you is that their very actions will in fact jeopardize the safety of the young men and women who are serving in uniform over here and also undermine the very mission that we’re trying to accomplish.

I would hope they would understand that there are second- and third-order — second-, really, and third-order effects that will occur that will affect that young man and woman who’s out there on point for America, serving their nation today, because of their actions back in the United States.

The hate pastor leading the Quran burning is Terry Jones, author of the a book called “Islam Is Of The Devil.” During a combative interview with CNN host Kiran Chetry this morning, Jones seemed unwilling to reconsider his “Burn a Quran Day,” and instead offered his prayers to soldiers who might be put at greater risk:

CHETRY: Are you willing to have the blood of soldiers on your hands by this demonstration?

JONES: Yeah, we are actually very concerned of course. We are taking the General’s words very serious. We are continuing to pray about the action on September the 11th. We are indeed very concerned about it. [...]

CHETRY: So you’re saying you might not well go through with this? [...]

JONES: I am saying we are definitely praying about it. We have firmly made up our mind, but at the same time, we are definitely praying about it.

Jones said that he is “weighing the situation,” but emphasized that he’s not backing down from the event. During the interview, he repeatedly conceded that he “would indeed offend” Muslims. But, he claimed, “peaceful Muslims” should be supporting his hate campaign. “Moderate Muslims should be on our side,” Jones argued.

Chetry, unable to restrain herself any longer, indignantly responded: “No moderate Muslim’s going to be on your side when you’re burning their holy book! I mean, that just sounds silly.” Already, the planned Quran burning has incited large protests in Afghanistan. “Several hundred Afghans rallied outside a Kabul mosque, burning American flags and an effigy of Dove World’s pastor and chanting ‘death to America.’ Members of the crowd briefly pelted a passing U.S. military convoy with stones, but were ordered to stop by rally organizers.”

On Saturday, 3,000 Muslims marched through Indonesia’s capital and five other cities to protest in front of the U.S. embassy, carrying signs saying, “Jihad to protect Koran” and “You burn Qu’ran you burn in hell.”

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqNNsOJhmuo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqNNsOJhmuo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwC8qpe2OoM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwC8qpe2OoM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kick this guy in the nuts if you see him... :wow2:

Little Texan
09-07-2010, 11:04 AM
The church is the Dove World Outreach Center...

Here (http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Burn-A-Koran-Day/134718123226530?v=wall) is their stupid facebook page...

I see they've already drawn a few responses from the al Qaida types.

The only thing they're going to accomplish by the burning of the Korans is stirring up that hornet's nest known as the middle east even more than it already is. Nothing positive could possibly come from this.

Little Texan
09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Judging by their facebook page, they seem to be on the same level as the Westboro Baptist Church idiots.

thome
09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I think ..(well at least I didn't) none of us actually; after the first post, needed to research any of the information about this "church"..did we..?..really..?

But, who cares the muslim fanatics don't need new reasons to kill they are allready commited to that mission even if we bowed our heads and got down our hands and knees.

If they want to add this as a reason to increase the killing so be it, it is a excuse not a doctine of behavior.

They already have that we will allways be infidels. Any coping to reasons is spin.

thome
09-07-2010, 01:32 PM
This is a place where there are a few cities of some note but trully 60% of the population lives in dirt huts and is starving to death all blamed upon by America, by thier leaders.

If that is the way they want to live so be it. But, if it is thier mind controlled blidness created by the oppression of thier leaders, time and communication will win the day.

Do you think a bomber ever sais, "I kiieel You !" and in his silent thoughts he is saying, dang I wish I had some gear like that..?......................Boom.

Jesus Christ
09-07-2010, 02:06 PM
JONES: Yeah, we are actually very concerned of course. We are taking the General’s words very serious. We are continuing to pray about the action on September the 11th. We are indeed very concerned about it. [...]

CHETRY: So you’re saying you might not well go through with this? [...]

JONES: I am saying we are definitely praying about it. We have firmly made up our mind, but at the same time, we are definitely praying about it.

And when he prayed about it, this was My official response:

Thou art a fucking idiot, Jones

Thus saith the LORD.

GAR
09-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I felt defensive of Movingon.org's trashing on him before, but totally cool with the General Betrayed-Us label now.

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Why does GAyR hate America? Why does he hate our brave U.S. servicemen and women, and their mothers?

kwame k
09-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Probably got turned down for service before Don't Ask Don't Tell........it would explain the bitterness.

Warham
09-07-2010, 10:25 PM
FORD, why are you thanking your own posts?

Sensible Shoes
09-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Before Petreaus pointed out the danger to servicemen and women, I kinda had a quiet thought that burning the Koran was something that might appeal to me. As un-PC as that is.

Nickdfresh
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Well, the notion that Christianity is as intolerant of opposing religions as Islam is shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody who knows the first fucking thing about Christian history. That virus was spread at swordpoint just as much as Islam was...except probably more so.

Christianity was opposed to itself, for fuck's sake! But then, so is Islam...

lesfunk
09-07-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't understand why these inbred fuckwits get the attention in the first place. I mean, it's like the media advertises these cunts just to make drama.
I'm all for pissing on the Koran but I don't need a media event or special day to do it.

jhale667
09-08-2010, 12:17 AM

Re-read my post until it sinks in, slow-boat. I said "extremists" you fucking idiot. So do YOU admit by your own logic Christianity is also a "religion of hate"?

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Christianity was opposed to itself, for fuck's sake! But then, so is Islam...

Hahahaha...

Nitro Express
09-08-2010, 12:27 AM
A nut case minister out for some media coverage and attention. Who knows, maybe someone who wants to start some shit is behind the asshole. There are some people who want any excuse to bomb Iran and they need to provoke the muslims. With the economy going to shit, politicians historically love war as a distraction and the banks love to finance both sides.

sadaist
09-08-2010, 12:33 AM
This is fucking bullshit. Where is the outrage when American Flags are burned? I see illegal immigrants marching through Los Angeles flying Mexican flags, burning American flags, and demanding equal rights while anyone here legally is funding their kids education and health care. Yeah, this is gonna be the straw that breaks the camels back with all the Muslims (no pun intended...although it's a good one). Give me a fucking break. The Arabic world already hates the shit out of us. And how the fuck is someone in Kabul going to know about some shithole small American town having a burning? Duh...unless we broadcast it to them to see their reaction. Which of course we will do under the guise of journalism.

I know...we need to have tolerance when people burn the American flag. Well? Tolerance is a 2-way street.

I think all religious books should be burned. They cause nothing but problems anyways.

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 12:36 AM
And you should have the right to burn anything you like, as an American...

FORD
09-08-2010, 12:39 AM
And you should have the right to burn anything you like, as an American. Especially crosses....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BCCRmGoLruc/R0e6_qiq3QI/AAAAAAAAAQw/UJ6Io1vgscg/s400/Elvis+and+the+KKK.jpg

sadaist
09-08-2010, 12:40 AM
And you should have the right to burn anything you like, as an American...

Except a USDA Prime cut of beef. You burn that & you should be shot.

jhale667
09-08-2010, 12:42 AM
This is fucking bullshit. Where is the outrage when American Flags are burned? I see illegal immigrants marching through Los Angeles flying Mexican flags, burning American flags, and demanding equal rights while anyone here legally is funding their kids education and health care. Yeah, this is gonna be the straw that breaks the camels back with all the Muslims (no pun intended...although it's a good one). Give me a fucking break. The Arabic world already hates the shit out of us. And how the fuck is someone in Kabul going to know about some shithole small American town having a burning? Duh...unless we broadcast it to them to see their reaction. Which of course we will do under the guise of journalism.

I know...we need to have tolerance when people burn the American flag. Well? Tolerance is a 2-way street.

I think all religious books should be burned. They cause nothing but problems anyways.

I agree with you on dumping organized religion in general, but you had to go and wrap yourself if the flag...yeesh. That's completely different, and you know it. Burning a flag (while a douchey thing to do, no argument there) is the ultimate demonstration of someone's first amendment rights. That's one of the GREAT things about this country, you're forgetting...because YOU CAN. Doesn't mean you should, but you have the right.

THIS is an attempt to irritate extremists and simultaneously give them a SELLING POINT for their stupid agenda (and let's recall they're ALREADY getting recruits off the NYC community center/mosque controversy). It's just DUMB. We're supposed to be taking the "moral high ground" and proving we're BETTER than them, more rational, more tolerant - RIGHT? :rolleyes:

Little Texan
09-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Judging by their facebook page, they seem to be on the same level as the Westboro Baptist Church idiots.

Yep, birds of a feather. It appears that this church supports Westboro Baptist Church and their message of hate. Check it out...

Link (http://www.doveworld.org/blog/in-support-of-westboro-baptist)

sadaist
09-08-2010, 02:29 AM
We're supposed to be taking the "moral high ground" and proving we're BETTER than them, more rational, more tolerant - RIGHT? :rolleyes:

I'm tired of that bullshit. Just imagine in 1943 if we were told not to do something at home because it would make the Japanese more aggressive towards us. If Americans were told that, they would have done it because it would piss them off more. I'm just so sick of the whole "we can't offend anyone" attitude we are supposed to have. And if we do offend anyone, lawsuits, protests & boycotts ensue.

For the record, I think burning the Koran is stupid and a publicity stunt. And it is working perfectly for this group. Just look at all the coverage they've received.

Muslims attack us on 9/11, and now we are supposed to be careful how we act towards them so as not to offend them and possibly make them dislike us more. If that is not the pussification of America, I don't know what is.

And if they do get more aggressive towards our troops, our troops should be allowed to get more aggressive with them. If they wanna have a who can get more mad contest, we have the ability to win hands down. Although we're too pussified to ever demonstrate it again, so as to offend as few people as possible.

We went to war in Iraq, and are now giving their people business loans for Christs sake! While Americans at home are unemployed. Giving Iraqi citizens small business loans will make them less hateful towards us. Fuck all this goodwill towards others.

vh rides again
09-08-2010, 07:48 AM
seems to me the general should shut the fuck up and do his job. isnt his job to protect our right to burn anything we want?

or is it his job to speak out about americans hurting peoples feelings who openly hate christians, who by the way are the overwhelming majority here in america.

maybe next time he sees a rally of those koran carrying dipshits burning american flags he should speak out about that.

does anyone here have his statement when american troops bodies were burt n hacked up and dragged thru the streets of some gawdawful slum?

didnt think so, shut the fuck up general, do your job, n shut the fuck up.

Seshmeister
09-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Muslims attack us on 9/11, and now we are supposed to be careful how we act towards them so as not to offend them and possibly make them dislike us more.

19 muslims attacked us on 9/11

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 09:12 AM
IMuslims attack us on 9/11, and now we are supposed to be careful how we act towards them so as not to offend them and possibly make them dislike us more. If that is not the pussification of America, I don't know what is.

And if they do get more aggressive towards our troops, our troops should be allowed to get more aggressive with them. If they wanna have a who can get more mad contest, we have the ability to win hands down. Although we're too pussified to ever demonstrate it again, so as to offend as few people as possible.

How do you get more aggressive against someone with a vest full of dynamite, or a roadside bomb, or a suicide bomber with a truck full of explosives ?? This is simply about hopefully preventing these idiots from doing something that very likely may directly result in the loss of American lives.

I'll say it again, if that freak preacher had a son or grandson serving overseas in that combat zone (I haven't checked and I'll stand corrected if wrong, but I doubt it), this would never happen....

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 09:50 AM
We're supposed to be taking the "moral high ground" and proving we're BETTER than them, more rational, more tolerant - RIGHT?

Yeah, that's gonna work...

LMAO!

:biggrin:

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 09:53 AM

I missed that one in the Scotland Gayzette...;)

sadaist
09-08-2010, 10:29 AM
How do you get more aggressive against someone with a vest full of dynamite

Okay, how does burning a Koran in some podunk backwater FL town make a person with a vest full of dynamite more aggressive? Seems to me they are already at maximum aggression density.

Jagermeister
09-08-2010, 10:32 AM
I see no good reason to burn a bunch of shit unless it's going to produce energy. When you right down to it's just paper. They can print more. If they decided to burn a bunch of Bibles I wouldn't care. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did. If the Muslims don't like the idea I am not totally against it. It's a non violent protest. Something they do not understand.

Again the media grasps this story and fails to say much at all about the stories of woman the Muslims want to kill brutally for allegedly committing adultery. I wonder why we should fear a religion that believes in Sharia law. A religion that condones the stoning of woman and the cutting off of people’s hands and shit. Yeah you fear that you are an Islamaphobe. :rolleyes:

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Okay, how does burning a Koran in some podunk backwater FL town make a person with a vest full of dynamite more aggressive? Seems to me they are already at maximum aggression density.

No no no no no...

We have to be nice to the terrorists and they will be nice to us...

Don't you see, sadaist ??

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Again the media grasps this story and fails to say much at all about the stories of woman the Muslims want to kill brutally for allegedly committing adultery. I wonder why we should fear a religion that believes in Sharia law. A religion that condones the stoning of woman and the cutting off of people’s hands and shit. Yeah you fear that you are an Islamaphobe. :rolleyes:

No no Jag, that's ignorant...

Sharia law is beautiful. It's love. We should be nice and build mosques on every corner, free of charge...

Jagermeister
09-08-2010, 10:56 AM
No no Jag, that's ignorant...

Sharia law is beautiful. It's love. We should be nice and build mosques on every corner, free of charge...

Yup. Spread the love and killing and dismemberment. It's all good. Nothing to fear at all.

Jagermeister
09-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Some good reading here for all non islamaphobes.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Come on bro, I know you're not as naive as that statement sounds....

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
But the general public is really niave, and this ass-kissing, over-accommodating attitude towards Islam is going to hurt us in the long run...

Seshmeister
09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Some good reading here for all non islamaphobes.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

For every shitty law in the Koran I can find you just as bad a one in the bible.

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
You go work on that while I go do something productive...:biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
But the general public is really niave, and this ass-kissing, over-accommodating attitude towards Islam is going to hurt us in the long run...

Over-accommodating ?? You sure you aren't talking about Christianity or Catholicism ??

sadaist
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
the stories of woman the Muslims want to kill brutally for allegedly committing adultery.

They stone those women to death and shame their families.

We on the other hand give them their own television reality shows and pose them in magazines. Make them rich & famous.

If you asked me, everyone has lost their damned minds.

What celebutard was it that said "if only I could have gone back in time & sat down and talked with Hitler....". And I'm accused of being naive? WTF?

If I could go back in time, I'd go back to last weekend and make sure I was at the Scottish Games in Pleasanton. ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 03:01 PM
If I could go back in time, I'd go back to last weekend and make sure I was at the Scottish Games in Pleasanton. ;)

On that we wholeheartedly agree... :D

jhale667
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Exactly. EXTREMISTS, NOT ISLAM AS A WHOLE. That fact escapes most of the dunderhead saber-rattlers. Not all muslims condone beheadings, and stoning adulterers, and to make blanket statements like that just shows how ignorant a few here are.

And gee Sadist (not including you in that last group, BUT), didn't America pretty much "puss out" on WWII UNTIL Pearl Harbor? Please.

Again, we're supposed to be proving THEY (the extremists) are the idiots, not US. DUH. :duh:

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh, please educate us on Islam, wise one...

Jagermeister
09-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Exactly. EXTREMISTS, NOT ISLAM AS A WHOLE. That fact escapes most of the dunderhead saber-rattlers. Not all muslims condone beheadings, and stoning adulterers, and to make blanket statements like that just shows how ignorant a few here are.

And gee Sadist (not including you in that last group, BUT), didn't America pretty much "puss out" on WWII UNTIL Pearl Harbor? Please.

Again, we're supposed to be proving THEY (the extremists) are the idiots, not US. DUH. :duh:

So oh insignificant one. What percentage of Muslims would you say DO NOT FOLLOW SHARIA LAW?

Did you read that article before you started spouting your bull shit? If you want to be so ignorant about these fuckers that's your choice. I have done enough research to know I think a very small percentage are actually decent people.

jhale667
09-08-2010, 04:35 PM
So oh insignificant one. What percentage of Muslims would you say DO NOT FOLLOW SHARIA LAW?

Did you read that article before you started spouting your bull shit? If you want to be so ignorant about these fuckers that's your choice. I have done enough research to know I think a very small percentage are actually decent people.

Your IQ could be classified as "insignificant". Which is why you're not paid to think. Since you've already admitted you don't KNOW any Muslims (or the first thing about them), don't get all holier-than thou with me Fagermeister - generalizer in chief.

And you can eat a dick too, E.

Kristy
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Personally, I could care less if some "Christian" fundamentalist douche wants to make a statement by burning the Koran. Whether he seems (in his mind at least) to be doing the right thing or not. Seems to me everybody wants their own brand of what they deem freedom in this country by simply bringing out the anger of others only to cry foul in the process.

What gets me is not so much a parallel historical repeat of a Americanized version of Kristallnacht on the Islamic religion as much as those who whore their souls for a camera soundbite such as...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/celebritology/2010/09/angelina_jolie_condemns_purpos.html

"I..I...I...I Um...I...I...I hardly have the words..." Come the fuck on, Angelina, never seen you wear a veil before...come to think of it, with your shit acting, horrible "action" films that lack a purposeful plot, and basic faux-lesbianism I'm pretty sure you've never attended a church before, either. Kind of hard to make a statement to the press without a script writer or a press agent in the background. Stutter away, bitch. You're grandstanding would be oh so funny if it wasn't so sad. So now you're in Pakistan now making pleas for those flood victims which I'd have no problem with if you'd shut the fuck up and pick up a shovel or carry food on your back to a nearby village that may be miles down a road. Movie star or not, you don't speak for me, America or the Muslim religion.

On the other hand if Pastor Terry Jones wants to burn the book of another religion as some sore of fucked up justifiable outcry of the horror of 9/11, I won't say more power to him other than he should be prepared for the impending fallout that will ensure afterward. And that, people, is where the real fireworks will begin.

Kristy
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh, please educate us on Islam, wise one...

Please join Angelia in just shutting the fuck up, okay?

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Is that in your Koran ??

Jagermeister
09-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Your IQ could be classified as "insignificant". Which is why you're not paid to think. Since you've already admitted you don't KNOW any Muslims (or the first thing about them), don't get all holier-than thou with me Fagermeister - generalizer in chief.

:lmao:

Don't you lecture me on getting paid to think oh spewer of random vomit.

I know more about Muslims than I want to thanks to you.

Right On!

http://www.platinumcostumes.com/images/products/FN61664Lg.jpg

jhale667
09-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Even pastor’s old church condemns Quran-burning

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100908/pl_yblog_upshot/even-pastors-old-church-condemns-quran-burning

It's increasingly looking as though the only spiritual or political figure who will not denounce Florida pastor Terry Jones' plan to commemorate Sept. 11 by burning copies of the Quran is Jones himself. Wednesday brings the news that even the church Jones founded in Germany in the 1980s is condemning the upcoming Quran-burning at his small place of worship in Gainesville, Fla.

"We are surprised and shocked at the extreme radicalism being displayed [by Jones] right now on this issue," Stephan Baar of the Christian Community of Cologne told the Associated Press. The 60-member church kicked out Jones in 2008. Jones' estranged daughter says the eviction arose from her father's reported penchant for dipping into the church's till to pay his own expenses.

Jones' wish to burn hundreds of copies of the Islamic holy book has drawn a wide chorus of protests. Gen. David Petraeus said on Monday the action could hurt U.S. troops, while hundreds of Afghans protested in Kabul and burned Jones in effigy. The Gainesville Fire Department has denied Jones a permit for the event -- but the pastor says he plans to go ahead with it anyway.

Indeed, so many high-profile people have spoken out against the plan that they may now outnumber the fringe church's 50-member congregation, raising the question of whether the condemnations are magnifying the cause of a very small group of extremists.

Here's a partial list of people who have condemned the planned bonfire:

* "It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," top commander in Afghanistan Gen. David Petraeus told the media. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems.

* As "an act of patriotism," the media should not cover the burning, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said. She also said, "It's regrettable that a pastor in Gainesville, Florida, with a church of no more than 50 people can make this outrageous and distressful, disgraceful plan, and get the world's attention":

* The terrorist attacks of 9/11, says the Vatican, "cannot be counteracted by an outrageous and grave gesture against a book considered sacred by a religious community."

* Attorney General Eric Holder called the plan "idiotic and dangerous."
* "I do not think well of the idea of burning anybody's Koran, Bible, Book of Mormon or anything else," Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour told reporters. "I don't think there is any excuse for it. I don't think it's a good idea."

* "Any type of activity like that that puts our troops in harm's way would be a concern," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Tuesday.

* "I appeal to people who are planning to burn the Quran to reconsider and drop their plans because they are inconsistent with American values and, as General Petraeus has warned, threatening to America's military," Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman said in a statement.

* House Minority Leader John Boehner spoke out against the event, comparing it to the planned Islamic center near Ground Zero. "Well, listen, I just think it's not wise to do this in the face of what our country represents. ... Just because you have the right to do something in America, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do."

* New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg called it "boneheaded and wrong" but said the protesters are protected by the First Amendment. "He has a right to do it," he said.

* Actress Angelina Jolie spoke out against the plan while visiting Pakistan to raise awareness about the devastating floods. "I have hardly the words that somebody would do that to somebody's religious book," she said:

Hey, since the local fire department hasn't granted this douche a permit, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll get arrested!

Kristy
09-08-2010, 04:48 PM
You go work on that while I go do something productive...:biggrin:

For example? Finally listening to your parents about cleaning up their basement that you reside in?

jhale667
09-08-2010, 04:50 PM

Don't you lecture me on getting paid to think oh spewer of random vomit.

THIS from an asshole that makes racist comments on message boards and "never met a black person he liked". You're an idiot, but then you already know that.

I know more about Muslims than I want to thanks to you.

You're welcome, douchebag. Maybe someday you'll even learn to construct a sentence because of me too, but we won't hold our breath.... :lmao:

Kristy
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
"We are surprised and shocked at the extreme radicalism being displayed [by Jones] right now on this issue...'

No they're not.

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Troops in harms way ??

Bring 'em home, fer cryin' out loud !!

jhale667
09-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Is that in your Koran ??

Is the hate you spew in your Bible?

ELVIS
For example? Finally listening to your parents about cleaning up their basement that you reside in?

That joke is almost as old as you...

ELVIS

What hate ??

jhale667
09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
That joke is almost as old as you...

And still somehow fits you like a glove...:lol:

What hate ??

Selective memory now, too?

GAR
09-08-2010, 05:08 PM
What gets me is not so much a parallel historical repeat of a Americanized version of Kristallnacht

Did the Jews attack us on 9/11.. where's your precedent to go all "Kristallnacht" with it?

And who cares if anyone wipes their ASS with the false god texts of the Mudpeoples anyways.. it's just worthless paper!

GAR
09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
What hate ??

Jay's repressed Hater comes out of the closet to prefetch itself every now and then for permission under the right circumcisions..

sadaist
09-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I wonder if these church members and the pastor that are planning this book burning have actually read the Koran. I think if you are going to burn a book, you should have at least read it in its entirety.

For the record, I'm against burning of any literature. This whole thing reminds me of the small town folk in Footloose that wouldn't allow a school dance.

Jagermeister
09-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Hey now I thought I was the hate spewer around here! :(

Jagermeister
09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
THIS from an asshole that makes racist comments on message boards and "never met a black person he liked".

Don't forget "creepy" Creepy Asshole

Igosplut
09-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I wonder if these church members and the pastor that are planning this book burning have actually read the Koran. I think if you are going to burn a book, you should have at least read it in its entirety.

For the record, I'm against burning of any literature. This whole thing reminds me of the small town folk in Footloose that wouldn't allow a school dance.

I bet he never has, after all it's the "devils" work you know.....

I think this dude outta hook up with Fred Phelps group. He could teach 'em everything about devils work starting with a good assfucking. After all, Phelps is an authority on that.....

Little Texan
09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I bet he never has, after all it's the "devils" work you know.....

I think this dude outta hook up with Fred Phelps group. He could teach 'em everything about devils work starting with a good assfucking. After all, Phelps is an authority on that.....

They already have. On their site they had pictures of them joining the Phelps clan in their protests when they were in Florida some time back. The preacher also wrote in his blog about how he supported WBC and their picketing of dead soldiers funerals, and said the bible justified it. That blog has mysteriously been taken down since last night. These two "preachers" are of the same ilk.

Little Texan
09-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Here ya go...

Link (http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc3=&id=110016&pg=1)

http://www.edgeboston.com/display/viewimage_story.php?id=110016

’Burn a Koran’ Pastor’s New BFF: Phelps’ ’God Hates Fags’ Crew
by Kilian Melloy
Wednesday Sep 8, 2010

A Gainesville, Fla. anti-gay minister’s plan to make a bonfire out of copies of the Qu’ran--the holy book of the Muslim faith--has been denounced as an invitation to violence against U.S. troops in Afghanistan by Gen. David Petraeus and condemned by the U.S. State Department as "un-American."

Buried on the web site for the group planning to burn the sacred texts, however, is clue as to the mindset of those behind the planned bonfire: a posting "in support of Westboro Baptist," the anti-gay church based in Topeka, Kansas that is run by Fred Phelps.

An April 21 blog entry at the site’s web site recounts that on the previous Sunday, April 18, members of Dove World Outreach Center "went as a church to stand with" a contingent of street preachers from Westboro. The Westboro congregation--mostly made up of Rev. Phelps’ extended family--have gained notoriety by picketing the funerals of fallen U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The church claims that God is punishing America because gays are not sufficiently persecuted in this country. The church’s actions have spurred state laws intended to shield grieving families of fallen soldiers from the group and its famously epithet-riddled placards, which carry slogans such as "God Hates America," "Thank God for IEDs," and "God Hates Fags."

The Westboro Baptist Church’s picketing actions have enraged veterans and veterans’ groups, and states have attempted to regulate where protesters may and may not carry out picketing actions at military funerals. But the First Amendment offers broad protections for freedom of speech, and a federal judge recently struck down Missouri law aimed at preventing such disruptions at the funerals of fallen soldiers.

The Supreme Court is due to take up a case of a grieving family who has brought the Westboro Church to court over a 2006 picketing action at the funeral of a young Marine in Maryland. The fallen soldier was killed in Iraq; his father, Albert Snyder, says that the group’s picketing caused him anguish and emotional distress, reported the Courier-Journal, a regional newspaper serving Kentucky and Southern Indiana.

Rev. Fred Phelps had a different point of view, telling the Courier-Journal that Mr. Snyder "ought to be very thankful to us" because the Phelps group "warn[s] people about the perils of sinful conduct that will destroy a nation." But the Westboro church’s website made claims about the Snyder family that were as painful for the father as the disrupted funeral, claiming that the fallen Marine’s parents "raised him for the devil."

"A man who dies for his country, for peace, should not have a father who has to fight to bury him in peace," the article quoted Snyder as saying in a previous interview.

The Snyder family was awarded $5 million in damages in 2007, but that verdict was reversed on appeal in federal court. The Courier-Journal article noted that the Supreme Court will consider not whether governments have the right to restrict protests that take place near military funerals, but rather whether a claim of emotional damage resulting from such protests are actionable. Free speech scholars like Christina Wells, a law professor at the University of Missouri, dispute this.

"People say we agree with the First Amendment but when we get into areas that are offensive, like flag burning, people are much less tolerant," Wells told the Courier-Journal.

Veterans groups like the Veterans of Foreign Wars see it differently. "If Albert Snyder, a grieving father of an American hero, cannot seek remedy... for the emotional torment [the Westboro protesters] viciously imposed upon him, what purpose do our laws serve?" asked the VFW in a legal brief.

Photos at the Dove World outreach Center’s site show members of the congregation picketing along with the Phelps congregation. Where the Phelps clan carries their trademark brightly colored placards, Dove World picketers wear T-shirts emblazoned with the slogan, "Islam is of the Devil."

Text at the site justifies the Westboro and Dove Outreach picketing, saying, "Westboro Baptist is not anti-military or anti-USA. Rather the opposite, actually. Do some research. They go to funerals because the Bible says that a fallen soldier is a sign of God’s wrath and a reminder of the condition of this world, a fallen world, in sin." The text adds that, "we honor the fallen for their sacrifice, but funerals are also a chance to repent and get our lives right with God before our own comes along."

The text adds, "At DWOC we are also very pro-America, pro-Military, AND super, radically concerned about people’s salvation. That’s why we go after Islam and say it is of the devil--it is anti-Christian and anti-America."

But the man in charge of military operations in Afghanistan has warned that if the group goes ahead with its plan to burn copies of the Qu’ran, Islamic anti-American sentiments will be inflamed--and U.S. troops may pay the price.

"Images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan--and around the world--to inflame public opinion and incite violence," Gen. David Petraeus told the Associated Press.

Next: Anti-Gay Pastor Not Going to "Back Down" from Bonfire

Anti-Gay Pastor Won’t "Back Down"

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also spoke out against the bonfire, saying, "I am heartened by the clear, unequivocal condemnation of this disrespectful, disgraceful act that has come from American religious leaders of all faiths."

A State Dept. spokesperson, P. J. Crowley, stated that the burning "doesn’t represent the vast majority of American views," reported FoxNews.com on Sept. 7.

But evangelical pastor Terry Jones told the AP that his group has no plans to cancel the book burning. "We’re still considering it and praying about it," Jones said. "Instead of us backing down, maybe it’s to time to stand up," Jones added.

The bonfire is planned for the ninth anniversary of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Text at the website for Dove World Outreach Center explains that the group sees torching copies of the Qu’ran as "neither an act of love nor of hate." Adds the text, "We are using this act to warn about the teaching and ideology of Islam, which we do hate as it is hateful. We do not hate any people, however. We love, as God loves, all the people in the world and we want them to come to a knowledge of the truth."

The site warns that, "The world is in bondage to the massive grip of the lies of Islam," and lists ten so-called "lies" concerning the Muslim religion and the Qu’ran. Among the claims the group makes: the Qu’ran is "not recorded in heaven. The Almighty God, Creator of the World, is NOT it’s source. It is not holy. It’s writings are human in origin, a concoction of old and new teachings." Moreover, the text claims, "The Koran’s teaching includes Arabian idolatry, paganism, rites and rituals. These are demonic, an ongoing satanic stronghold under which Moslems and the world suffer."

The text goes on to offer further evidence that the Qu’ran is not the word of God. "All of the Islamic writings (the Koran and the Hadith, the biographies, the traditions and histories) are confused, contradictory and inconsistent." Moreover, the text says, "Islamic Law is totalitarian in nature. There is no separation of church and state. It is irrational. It is supposedly immutable and cannot be changed. It must be accepted without criticism."

The text goes on to say that the Islamic religion punishes women, and rewards men for oppressing them, and to claim that, "Deep in the Islamic teaching and culture is the irrational fear and loathing of the West." The text goes on to charge that, "Islam is a weapon of Arab imperialism and Islamic colonialism. Wherever Islam has or gains political power, Christians, Jews and all non-Moslems receive persecution, discrimination, are forced to convert."

Like the Westboro church, the Dove World Outreach Center is an anti-gay church. The group has opposed the openly gay mayor of Gainesville, Craig Lowe, organizing an anti-Lowe event called "No Homo Mayor."

Lowe was the subject of an anti-gay leafleting campaign during his mayoral campaign; the leaflets focused on his sexuality, asking voters to "Please help to make this town more like San Francisco, CA. Don’t let Traditional Values Activist [sic] use scare tactics against you!"

The leaflets told voters that Lowe would support an "agenda" that included "Gays in Women’s Restrooms," as well as "Gay Marriage," "Gay Public Sex Education," and "Gay Oriented Churches," among other things.

The "Gays in Women’s Restrooms" was seemingly a reference to a Gainesville city ordinance that offers nondiscrimination protections to transgendered residents and allows them access to the restroom that fits their own gender identity. Lowe defended the city’s ordinance in 2009 as the leader of a pro-ordinance group, and voters reaffirmed it the ordinance in March of 2009. Critics claimed that sexual predators would use the ordinance as a cover to gain access to women’s restrooms and prey upon female victims. When voters affirmed the ordinance, Lowe told the media, "Gainesville is a place that will not allow discrimination. Gainesville has shown itself to be a welcoming place."

However, during the campaign, the Dove World Outreach Center set up signs reading "No Homo Mayor," later shortening that slogan to "No Homo." A year ago, the church set up signs declaring that, "Islam is of the Devil." When one of the church’s signs was vandalized on the evening of July 21, the church website sought to pin the act on gays the following day. "This is private property and vandalism is a crime here in America," read the text, going on to say, "In Islam, many actions that we consider to be crimes are encouraged, condoned or sheltered under Islamic teaching and practice, though. Another reason to burn a Koran."

Under the sub-headline "Who dun [sic] it?" the text added, "Free speech is hated by homosexuals and they do not like to hear the truth about their perverted lifestyle." Other entries at the website included a photo album recording a picketing action by the church against a local pornography seller called X Mart. In one photo, a protestor holds a sign reading, "God Hates Luke Warm Churches."

The church’s website has also posted slogans such as "Haiti must repent," and "Obama is president because he is black," according to an April 6 article at Advocate.com.

Although the Rev. Jones’ plan to burn copies of the Qu’ran on Sept. 11 have sparked national--and international--condemnation, the AP reported that some support the idea, and have been sending Jones copies of the sacred text to be fed to the planned bonfire.
Kilian Melloy reviews media, conducts interviews, and writes commentary for EDGEBoston, where he also serves as Assistant Arts Editor.

Igosplut
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Ya know, If this guy is so devoted to this why doesn't he run over to Afghanistan or Iraq and burn the fuckin thing??? Like where it would have the most impact????

Because, like GARgle, he's a fucking coward that has to hide (in this case, behind free speech and the protection of US laws) never wanting to pay the full price of his actions....

kwame k
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
I agree with Sesh that Petraeus should of made no comment about this.......a BFE town in Florida and an inbreed Pastor, warrants a comment from our top General? Talk about giving a story some legs and international attention. Dumb, very dumb.

On principle I think this nut job should be able to burn any book he wants.........won't solve a fucking thing other than giving him his 15 mins of fame! Stupid idea and useless but that's the unwelcome side effect of freedom, we have to allow idiots their say too.

As usual the media blows these stories way out of proportion and feeds into the average American's paranoia about terrorists.......instead of trying to make a story out of nothing I wish the media would use some common sense and pass on these, "Breaking News", stories. Fucking idiots!

Nickdfresh
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Gen. Petraeus had to make comments condemning this if only to assuage the Afghan "allies."

GAR
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
You fail to identify the true nature of this issue behind Petraeus running mauf about the burning: we have a Muslim president, fuckhead!

Seshmeister
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
"allies" is right.

Most of these bozo's are just local hoodlums we are paying millions in protection money too. The whole thing is a racket...

Nickdfresh
09-08-2010, 09:41 PM
You fail to identify the true nature of this issue behind Petraeus running mauf about the burning: we have a Muslim president, fuckhead!

Inbred fuckstain says what?

Nickdfresh
09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
"allies" is right.

Most of these bozo's are just local hoodlums we are paying millions in protection money too. The whole thing is a racket...

Yep. Some in the Afghan army are okay, but the police are worse than the Taliban and do more to advance the cause of the Taliban than the Taliban do...

GAR
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Way I see it, Petraeus is only obeying orders yet in doing so throws his testicles out the fuckin' window.

We need another Patton to tell this FUCKHEAD President to go fuck himself, and not comment on civil issues.. I got no respect for Petraeus now.

Nickdfresh
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
He wasn't obeying orders you bibulous used tampon. He's a counterinsurgency intellectual that knows you can't fucking piss all over peoples hearts and minds and win a guerrilla war. Google that, sperm-bank...

GAR
09-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Fuck that hearts-minds bullshit. My taxpayin' petrodollars are supposed to be buying motherfuckn' bullets into some Mudpeople, and I want to see the pics of our Medics tagging some insurgent rigor-ass right now aSAP!

What does the General think of them buring the American Flag, mindreader?
What does the General think of them buring the Bible and the christian missionaries trying to dig waterwells?

The press never talk of such things though.. you hadn't seen that on TV since the Bush years. Real mystery there huh.

LoungeMachine
09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
.. I got no respect for Petraeus now.

Imagine his shame at the news.....

:gulp:

Resignation in 3...2...1....

jhale667
09-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Imagine his shame at the news.....

Resignation in 3...2...1....

:lol: Yeah, I'm sure Patreaus is worried about losing credibility with intolerant racist knuckle-dragging underpass-dwelling scumbags.

kwame k
09-08-2010, 11:57 PM
An often overlooked but important demographic, Jay :headlights:

BigBadBrian
09-09-2010, 05:25 AM
This is simply about hopefully preventing these idiots from doing something that very likely may directly result in the loss of American lives.

VB, I'll agree with you that this is not a good thing this guy is doing, not only because of how it can inflame the islamoterrorists but it just isn't right regardless. I do think, though, that the danger to our tropps is being overstated.

However, I do remember a few people from your side of the political spectrum on this board having not a care in the world of the photos being released of the prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison. Some of us were concerned then that those photos might do the very same thing as what this pastor is going to do...piss off a few of our Muslim neighbors and putting our people in harm's way. What's the difference between the two events?

ashstralia
09-09-2010, 07:11 AM
He wasn't obeying orders you bibulous used tampon. He's a counterinsurgency intellectual that knows you can't fucking piss all over peoples hearts and minds and win a guerrilla war. Google that, sperm-bank...

bibulous |ˈbibyələs|
adjective formal
excessively fond of drinking alcohol.
ORIGIN late 17th cent. (in the sense [absorbent] ): from Latin bibulus ‘freely or readily drinking’ (from bibere ‘to drink’ ) + -ous .

Nickdfresh
09-09-2010, 07:57 AM

However, I do remember a few people from your side of the political spectrum on this board having not a care in the world of the photos being released of the prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison. Some of us were concerned then that those photos might do the very same thing as what this pastor is going to do...piss off a few of our Muslim neighbors and putting our people in harm's way. What's the difference between the two events?

The difference is that the Iraqis already knew what was going on not just at Abu Ghraib, but at nearly every overcrowded, understaffed detention facility. And the insurgency had already exploded before the photos came out...

Read Thomas Rick's Fiasco!. Iraqi imams and tribal leaders were complaining to U.S. officials and journalists about conditions at the detention facilities as early as 2003. And secondly, it was the Administration's and military's fault for rounding up every Iraqi they could on any charge completely unrelated to the insurgency and subjecting them to this...

ELVIS
09-09-2010, 10:04 AM
you can't fucking piss all over peoples hearts and minds and win a guerrilla war.

Hahahahahahaha!!!

LMAO!

:elvis:

Seshmeister
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Name a single instance of an insurgency that hasn't been resolved without diplomacy.

ELVIS
09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Name a single instance of insurgency that required absolute intervention by western governments...

Seshmeister
09-09-2010, 10:17 AM
What?

ELVIS
09-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Where?

ELVIS
09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Why don't we just drop "pastor" Jones off at the corner of Islamofuck and Eatshitistan with a stack of Korans and a match ??

chefcraig
09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Why don't we just drop "pastor" Jones off at the corner of Islamofuck and Eatshitistan with a stack of Korans and a match ??

Believe me, the idea has been mooted. According to our local paper, the nitwit has taken to wearing a sidearm in public because of the death threats he has been receiving. Here's hoping he accidentally shoots himself in the gonads.

hambon4lif
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vdtFk_V6A4M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vdtFk_V6A4M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

FORD
09-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Latest news I've heard is that this idiotic Quran burning will probably be stopped - not for religious reasons or the safety of the troops - but because it violates local fire codes. Let the "reverend" Jones condemn his local fire marshall as a "servant of Satan" and see how far that gets him.

Little Texan
09-09-2010, 05:28 PM
This just in...

Link (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/10/3007790.htm?section=world)

Pastor scraps plan to burn Korans

Posted 14 minutes ago

The Florida-based church pastor who planned a mass-burning of Korans on September 11 has called off the event.

Pastor Terry Jones says the decision followed an agreement to move the site of a planned New York Islamic cultural centre and mosque further away from the site of the September 11 World Trade Centre attacks.

The withdrawal follows global condemnation and concern about the planned Koran burning.

More to follow.

ELVIS
09-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Hahaha...

Look at the media lead the sheeple down the rabbit trails...

Little Texan
09-09-2010, 05:43 PM
A little more in depth article...

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-09-09-quran-burning-florida-church_N.htm)

Pastor says he won't burn Qurans

By Larry Copeland, USA TODAY

Florida Rev. Terry Jones said he is cancelling the planned burning of the Quran and instead flying to New York on Saturday to meet with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the man behind the planned New York mosque.

"We have agreed to cancel our event on Saturday and on Saturday I have agreed to meet with the Imam," Jones said Thursday.

He said he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its controversial location. The agreement couldn?t be immediately confirmed.

Police and federal officials had stepped up surveillance at Pastor Terry Jones' Dove World Outreach Center on Thursday as concern grew for safety at the center and around the world as the leader of the small church vowed to burn copies of the Quran to mark the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

FBI agents visited with Jones, and President Obama added his voice to the chorus of opposition. Gainesville police checked the identification and recorded license plates of everyone entering the church grounds.

In Kabul, hundreds of angry Afghans burned an American flag and chanted, "Death to the Christians" to protest the planned burning of Islam's holiest text.

Obama urged Jones to "listen to those better angels" and call off his plan.

In an interview with ABC television, Obama said what Jones proposes "is completely contrary to our values as Americans. This country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

"I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform who are in Iraq, who are in Afghanistan," Obama said. He said the Quran-burning would be a "recruitment bonanza for al-Qaeda. … This could increase the recruitment of individuals who'd be willing to blow themselves up in American cities or European cities."

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said there were discussions about whether to contact Jones directly. But he said it would have been hard for the pastor to miss the clear pronouncements from Obama and his military leaders that burning Islam's holy book would endanger American lives.

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morell said reaching out directly to Jones was "not an easy decision" because it could provoke other people, "who all they want is a call from so-and-so."

Jones told USA TODAY he had not been contacted by the White House, State Department or Pentagon, but if such a call came, "that would cause us to definitely think it over."

The FBI spent about a half-hour talking with Jones, but church spokesman Wayne Sapp would not disclose what they discussed. Agents leaving the church would not talk to an Associated Press reporter.

Jones said this week that agents have visited him twice since he announced his plans in July, the last visit about two weeks ago.

Gainesville city police and the Alachua County sheriff's office will both bill Dove World for additional police services Saturday.

"We will be sending an invoice for costs associated with activities planned by the Dove Center," said Bob Woods, spokesman for Gainesville City Manager Gene Blackburn.

Woods declined to estimate how much additional police presence will cost the city but said it will probably be in the "tens of thousands" of dollars.

"In all likelihood, it will be substantial because of the number of police personnel and equipment that it will take to ensure the public safety if they enact their plan," he said.

Lt. Stephen Maynard, a spokesman for Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell, said she will also bill Jones.

"The sheriff has stated her intent to compile a list of expenditures pertaining to security before, during and after the planned activities of Dove World Outreach," he said

Imam Muhammad Musri, president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, said Jones told him he would consider canceling plans to burn the Quran if the planned mosque near Ground Zero in New York City would relocate.

"He told me that if it's put on hold or relocated, he's willing to back down," Musri said Thursday.

Musri is waiting to meet with Jones at the outreach center in Gainesville. Musri said he will offer Jones an opportunity to meet with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the man behind the planned New York mosque.

"I will do my level best to convince the imam to relocate the mosque," Musri said.

Contributing: Associated Press

PETE'S BROTHER
09-09-2010, 05:57 PM
We are, of course, now against any other group burning Qurans," Jones said during a news conference. We would right now ask no one to burn Qurans. We are absolutely strong on that. It is not the time to do it."

thome
09-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I am working inking a deal to become his agent and we have allready sold 12 episodes of, I Am Another Stupid Media Fukkhed That Feeds Your Monkey To Know What's In Peoples Assholes, to VH1

Reality shows THE HITS KEEP COMONG BABY YEAH!!

chefcraig
09-09-2010, 06:15 PM
I am working inking a deal to become his agent and we have allready sold 12 episodes of, I Am Another Stupid Media Fukkhed That Feeds Your Monkey To Know What's In Peoples Assholes, to VH1

Reality shows THE HITS KEEP COMONG BABY YEAH!!

Thome, it will never sell with that title. It has to be short and catchy, like "Rock of Love" or "The T.O. Show" for it to fit in with VH-1's so-called "celebreality" shows. Change it to Quran, Quran, replace the good pastor with Simon LeBon, and you just might have something.

sadaist
09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Okay. Crazy young Muslims were told of this churches plan to burn Korans and become aggressive. Are they going to get the report that it was called off? Or do you think the people leading them to do violence against Americans will still use the initial story as propaganda to fire them up?

sadaist
09-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I think the only real way to solve the crisis is to start cloning women that the typical Muslim male finds attractive. Then offer to provide them 73 virgins if they don't do anything violent.

Life - now with 1 extra virgin!

Seshmeister
09-09-2010, 06:34 PM
http://www.baconfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ImagineNoReligionMedium.jpg

Little Texan
09-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Gainesville city police and the Alachua County sheriff's office will both bill Dove World for additional police services Saturday.

"We will be sending an invoice for costs associated with activities planned by the Dove Center," said Bob Woods, spokesman for Gainesville City Manager Gene Blackburn.

Woods declined to estimate how much additional police presence will cost the city but said it will probably be in the "tens of thousands" of dollars.

"In all likelihood, it will be substantial because of the number of police personnel and equipment that it will take to ensure the public safety if they enact their plan," he said.

Lt. Stephen Maynard, a spokesman for Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell, said she will also bill Jones.

"The sheriff has stated her intent to compile a list of expenditures pertaining to security before, during and after the planned activities of Dove World Outreach," he said

This is the best part of the whole article...the police bill! These idiots now owe the city and county a substantial amount of money for their little publicity stunt.

Little Texan
09-09-2010, 06:52 PM
So, is Fred Phelps now going to counter with an "International Burn A Sweatin' To The Oldies Video Day" event? :biggrin:

http://changeonesmind.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/sweating.jpg

Mushroom
09-09-2010, 07:03 PM
If we can build a mosque near ground zero, we can have a Koran book-burning. What's that 1st amendment?

FORD
09-09-2010, 07:20 PM
If we can build a mosque near ground zero, we can have a Koran book-burning. What's that 1st amendment?

Here's why that statement is absurd.....

The Muslim group building the community center in the Burlington Coat Factory building (not a mosque and NOT on the site of the World Trade Center) are of the Sufi branch of Islam.

If you were to compare Islam to Christianity, let's say the Sunnis are Southern Baptists and the Shias are Catholics. Two large, mostly right wing denominations.

The Sufis on the other hand are a much smaller branch. They prefer introspection to jihad, and probably share more in common with Eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism than they do the Wahabbist wackjobs in Saudi Arabia, or the Ayatollahs in Iran.

So making a direct comparison between the best of Islam and the worst of Christianity does a huge disservice to all decent Americans. Christian, Muslim, Jew, Atheist, or whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism

Mushroom
09-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Here's why your statement is absurd:

you want to deny Rev. Terry Jones' first amendment rights (no matter how tasteless or childish) but concede to the "Sufis" Mosque plan because it's protected under the first amendment. that's total hypocrisy

Here's why that statement is absurd.....

LoungeMachine
09-09-2010, 07:37 PM

you want to deny Rev. Terry Jones' first amendment rights (no matter how tasteless or childish) but concede to the "Sufis" Mosque plan because it's protected under the first amendment. that's total hypocrisy

Can you please quote or link where anyone here wanted to DENY RIGHTS to these clowns.

Big difference between saying they're idiots, and saying they shouldnt be ALLOWED to be idiots....

chefcraig
09-09-2010, 07:46 PM

To a degree, what you are saying does make sense, because on one hand it is kowtowing to one religion while dismissing the act of another. The main flaw in the argument is the notion of what the first amendment means, and how it is applied. For instance, there is the old statement that the first amendment does not give you the right to yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theater. The thing is, there are times when such a thing is totally acceptable, like when the building is actually going up in flames.

More worrisome is the idea that a person's right to expression is being hampered because of how it might play out overseas, endangering the lives of U.S. servicemen and women. Yes, there is such a thing as taking political correctness too far, and people should be allowed to state their beliefs without fear of recrimination. But in today's world, that very fear is an ever present reality. A certain amount of moral responsibility must go along with the actions taken by individuals, as well as groups, in this post 9/11 world.

Kristy
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Did the Jews attack us on 9/11.. where's your precedent to go all "Kristallnacht" with it?

And who cares if anyone wipes their ASS with the false god texts of the Mudpeoples anyways.. it's just worthless paper!

It was a reference asshole, not a personal statement. For a personal statement Terry Jones ideal and behavior of burning the book of one's religion simply on the basis of not agreeing with it it no different than the Nazi's radicalism of the late 1930's. Not that I'm calling Jones a "Nazi" but the dude is definitely fucked in the head. As for a "Mudperson's" false god I have no problem with you saying that. I worshipped a false one for much of my Catholic upbringing myself.

Guitar Shark
09-09-2010, 08:02 PM
A friend of mine once had a dog named Sufi.

Dan
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM

That's So Nice.:D

FORD
09-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Was the dog a Muslim?

Guitar Shark
09-09-2010, 08:36 PM
No, as far as I could tell, the dog was Mormon. That's what made it so strange.

FORD
09-09-2010, 08:39 PM
How does a dog wear holy underwear?:confused13:

thome
09-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Thome, it will never sell with that title. It has to be short and catchy, like "Rock of Love" or "The T.O. Show" for it to fit in with VH-1's so-called "celebreality" shows. Change it to Quran, Quran, replace the good pastor with Simon LeBon, and you just might have something.

"The Good Pastor" is a Douche any real man would just burn a Koran in his back yard at the, Church BBQ.

This guy calls his agent first to get a press release going..and the wierdest part, our news agencies are so twisted, in thier needs to feed the viewers monkey.

This isn't news it is a sales advertisement for his collection plate.

I say we pitch this show to VH1 "the most attention whore out there" Catch Phrase Title, "The World Up My Ass". .. we get that guy that burns the american flag and the pastor who burns the Koran and the god hates fags guy and Brett Micheals and Omarosa and well... we will get a bunch. Put them all in a cave in Tora Bora and film them all competing to stick what ever ideal they are attempting to exersize straight up thier ass. Osama Bin Laden will be thier to trying to stick the whole world up his ass. We already know Mr. Slave can fit Paris Hilton up his ass we will get Mr. Slave with Paris still up his ass to host the show.

The hook to the public will be, hey look if they cannot fit it up thier ass maybe they shouldn't try to stick it up ours.

I think the pet rock guy is going to win...:biggrin:

ELVIS
09-10-2010, 05:38 AM
I think it's all a setup...

FORD
09-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I say we pitch this show to VH1 "the most attention whore out there" Catch Phrase Title, "The World Up My Ass". .. we get that guy that burns the american flag and the pastor who burns the Koran and the god hates fags guy and Brett Micheals and Omarosa and well... we will get a bunch. Put them all in a cave in Tora Bora and film them all competing to stick what ever ideal they are attempting to exersize straight up thier ass. Osama Bin Laden will be thier to trying to stick the whole world up his ass. We already know Mr. Slave can fit Paris Hilton up his ass we will get Mr. Slave with Paris still up his ass to host the show.

The hook to the public will be, hey look if they cannot fit it up thier ass maybe they shouldn't try to stick it up ours.

I think the pet rock guy is going to win...:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YNfvl_qhVE

Nickdfresh
09-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Fuck that hearts-minds bullshit. My taxpayin' petrodollars are supposed to be buying motherfuckn' bullets into some Mudpeople, and I want to see the pics of our Medics tagging some insurgent rigor-ass right now aSAP!

What does the General think of them buring the American Flag, mindreader?
What does the General think of them buring the Bible and the christian missionaries trying to dig waterwells?

The press never talk of such things though.. you hadn't seen that on TV since the Bush years. Real mystery there huh.

You have no heart or mind, you're just a shitbag whose only rise is life is to "troll on the internetz."

Good luck with that, loser...

Nickdfresh
09-10-2010, 09:36 PM
http://www.baconfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ImagineNoReligionMedium.jpg

Let's not get all pretentious now! The Nazis (for the most part, other than some proto-occultism bullshit) and Stalinists never had religion...

You might as well state imagine no human nature...

chefcraig
09-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Let's not get all pretentious now! The Nazis (for the most part, other than some proto-occultism bullshit) and Stalinists never had religion...

Well, can we start then with "Imagine No Olive Garden"? I mean really, does anyone here believe the company sends their so-called "chefs" to Tuscany, Italy to learn the intricacy of heating bags of damp pasta in a microwave and warming crummy bread sticks in a toaster?

Nickdfresh
09-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Well, can we start then with "Imagine No Olive Garden"? I mean really, does anyone here believe the company sends their so-called "chefs" to Tuscany, Italy to learn the intricacy of heating bags of damp pasta in a microwave and warming crummy bread sticks in a toaster?

It's like saying, "there's no Santa Claus." :(

bueno bob
09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
You know, the more I see, the more I truly believe that it's not Democrats that are going to destroy this country. Nor is it Republicans. Nor is it a combination of the both, or any 3rd party, or any religious sect.

It's the fucking media, and they're going to do it by taking non-events, making them huge scandals and whipping the masses up into a "Yes!" vs. "No!" frenzy in the quest for bigger ratings.

Smash your TV.

Seshmeister
09-10-2010, 11:22 PM

I'm surprised at that post coming from you.

Can you name an example of a suicide attack which didn't involve religious belief or immediate threat?

Despite the various evils of US foreign policy over the years without the superstitious bullshit of Islam there would have been no 9-11.

Seshmeister
09-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Anyway who gives a fuck about semantics.

Communism=Fascism=Religion

Its all about the subjugation of the individual person to impose power on them.

Seshmeister
09-10-2010, 11:46 PM
You know, the more I see, the more I truly believe that it's not Democrats that are going to destroy this country. Nor is it Republicans. Nor is it a combination of the both, or any 3rd party, or any religious sect.

It's the fucking media, and they're going to do it by taking non-events, making them huge scandals and whipping the masses up into a "Yes!" vs. "No!" frenzy in the quest for bigger ratings.

Smash your TV.

I felt like that today when the pointless fucking nonsense of some nobody attention whore cunt not burning his own copies of goat herder bullshit books was the first thing on the news.

It's obviously absolute insanity but most of the time it has no motive apart from generating ratings.

All you can do with it is vote with your eyes by turning off and just hope that at some point people will get it.

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm surprised at that post coming from you.

I'm surprised that your surprised. :) I'm an equal opportunity pain in the ass...

Can you name an example of a suicide attack which didn't involve religious belief or immediate threat?

Despite the various evils of US foreign policy over the years without the superstitious bullshit of Islam there would have been no 9-11.

I can probably name dozens of instances where individual soldiers, airmen, sailors, spies, etc., have fought suicidally with little religious inclination because they believed their actions were critical and for the greater good of their nations...

And 9/11 happened for a lot of reasons, namely a fascist-cult called al Qaida who seem to murder far more other muslims than they do Americans or Europeans and Asians...

And Timothy McVeigh wasn't a Muslim. He was a nice, conservative white Western New York Christian boy (by the stilted definitions of religion here) who hated "liberals" and "abortionists"--yet managed to become a world class baby-killer...

And it's not ALL just religion, there's a heavy dose of political grievances, some of which have NOTHING to do with past U.S. foreign policy evils. A lot of it was Bin Laden was pissed about the price of oil...

ELVIS
09-11-2010, 09:12 AM
It must be nice to be an expert on everything, Dickforbreath...

Seshmeister
09-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Someone phone CNN I've just stuck a bible in the freezer!

PETE'S BROTHER
09-11-2010, 11:17 AM

well, ya put it that way, i believe in nothing now. i thought they went there to learn how to wear the cool hats.

hambon4lif
09-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Someone phone CNN I've just stuck a bible in the freezer!Big deal! The only thing that's gonna do is start another cold war!

PETE'S BROTHER
09-11-2010, 11:35 AM
well, ya put it that way, i believe in nothing now. i thought they went there to learn how to wear the cool hats.

too early, i'm responding to the wrong posts, lord.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Someone phone CNN I've just stuck a bible in the freezer!

if it is the NIV version, who cares.:biggrin:

FORD
09-11-2010, 02:16 PM
if it is the NIV version, who cares.:biggrin:

Right, because the NIV was translated by LESBIANS !11!!!11 :rolleye0018:

GAR
09-11-2010, 02:32 PM
No, as far as I could tell, the dog was Mormon. That's what made it so strange.

OK so it tasted like chicken then. Got it.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-11-2010, 05:16 PM
fucking fools, if there was a group that needs a jihad against them.........

Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., may have “suspended” plans to burn copies of the Quran on the anniversary of 9/11. But the controversial Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., says it will burn the Quran. In fact, it already has.
The Westboro Baptist Church (which has been disavowed by all Baptist conventions and associations) is led by the Rev. Fred Phelps, and most followers are members of his extended family.
The church is best known for its controversial protests at the funerals of US soldiers killed in Iraq or Afghanistan as well as at the funerals of those who have died from conditions medically attributed to AIDS. A central point in the church’s protests is that Americans are being punished because the US tolerates homosexuality.

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 08:06 PM
It must be nice to be an expert on everything, Dickforbreath...

Well, if it's true that "ignorance is bliss," you're one happy motherfucker!