PDA

View Full Version : City Council Meetings to Begin with Muslim Prayers

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 12:33 AM
In the wake of the battle over a mosque at Ground Zero, a move by Hartford City Council (http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/Council-Meetings-to-Begin-with-Muslim-Prayers-102387499.html) is sure to have its critics.

The Council announced Tuesday that it has invited local imams to perform Islamic invocations at the beginning of the Council meetings in September.

Though meetings don't regularly begin with any form of prayer, an email from the Common Council called it "an act of solidarity with our Muslim brothers and sisters."

The email even referenced the ongoing issue in New York. "One of the goals of the Council is to give a voice to the many diverse peoples of the City, which is especially important given the recent anti-Islam events throughout the country."

Council President Jo Winch called it an important move for the Council. "I feel it is very important that, as a Council, we project a culture of inclusiveness in the City of Hartford. Too often it is our differences that divide us. In my opinion, it is our combination of differences that makes us strong," Winch said.

:elvis:

FORD
09-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Has Lieberdouche heard about this yet? :biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 09:21 AM
They should abolish prayers EVERYWHERE outside of a church and your home.....

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 09:43 AM
The Hartford Council should just put on some burkas and bend over...

Jesus Christ
09-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Verily, My son.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Verily, My son.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

jeeeeeeeeesus chriiiiiist!!!!:biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Verily, My son.

Frankly, I didn't read anything past verily....

Guitar Shark
09-08-2010, 01:25 PM

No, ELVIS just wants Christian prayers to be allowed, and all others abolished.

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Doesn't Frankly Verily play for the Jets ??

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 01:28 PM
No, ELVIS just wants Christian prayers to be allowed.

You're a total retard!

All prayer should be allowed...

I just find it idiotic for a city to want to appease muslims by sucking their local Imams dicks...

Guitar Shark
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
You're a total retard!

:lol:

Diamondjimi
09-08-2010, 02:03 PM

Agree.

You're a total retard!

I just find it idiotic for a city to want to appease muslims by sucking their local Imams dicks...

City council offices are not for prayer. They are for business. Correct?

Religion and politics should not mix.

Disagree Elvis?

ELVIS
09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
No, I agree...

The article stated that this office does not begin it's meetings with any form of prayer which makes the Imam dick sucking idea even more rediculous...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Keep it out of politics....

Keep it out of the government...

Keep it out of public policy....

Keep it out of ethics....

Keep it out of ALL organized sports... Not just the stuff during pro games, I'm talking about things like the Little League Creed (First words = I TRUST IN GOD)....

Keep it out of schools....

Keep it out of the military....

Keep it out of health care....

And on and on....

Jesus Christ
09-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's
And unto God the things that are God's.

What part of that do ye not understand, Gregory?

Thomas Jefferson didn't invent the "Separation of Church and State". I did.

hambon4lif
09-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Keep it out of politics....

Keep it out of the government...

Keep it out of public policy....

Keep it out of ethics....

Keep it out of ALL organized sports... Not just the stuff during pro games, I'm talking about things like the Little League Creed (First words = I TRUST IN GOD)....

Keep it out of schools....

Keep it out of the military....

Keep it out of health care....
Keep it out of Manhattans "business district"

(it's only fair...)

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Hehe, that was a good try...

Just because I think religion is horseshit doesn't mean I don't think people don't have a right to practice their respective horseshit, wherever that might be....

jhale667
09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Keep it out of Manhattans "business district"

(it's only fair...)

What, community centers?

Seshmeister
09-08-2010, 05:42 PM
You're a total retard!

A:elvis:

You advocate having one way conversations with an invisible imaginary friend and you're calling him the retard??? :)

jhale667
09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
You advocate having one way conversations with an invisible imaginary friend and you're calling him the retard??? :)

:lol: