X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanhalen1r2
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2006

Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CBS 2) — He was arrested for protecting his property and family.

But it’s how the Long Island man did it that police say crossed the line.

He got an AK-47 assault rifle, pulled the trigger and he ended up in jail, reports CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

George Grier said he had to use his rifle on Sunday night to stop what he thought was going to be an invasion of his Uniondale home by a gang he thought might have been the vicious “MS-13.” He said the whole deal happened as he was about to drive his cousin home.

“I went around and went into the house, ran upstairs and told my wife to call the police. I get the gun and I go outside and I come into the doorway and now, by this time, they are in the driveway, back here near the house. I tell them, you know, ‘Can you please leave?’ Grier said.

Grier said the five men dared him to use the gun; and that their shouts brought another larger group of gang members in front of his house.

“He starts threatening my family, my life. ‘Oh you’re dead. I’m gonna kill your family and your babies. You’re dead.’ So when he says that, 20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass,” Grier said.

Grier was later arrested. John Lewis is Grier’s attorney.

He was arrested for protecting his property and family. But it's how the Long Island man did it that police say crossed the line.

Discuss
    “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

He did nothing wrong...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

you think he really said "please"?
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't believe his story for a second.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
          He did nothing wrong...
          He did according to Jesus.

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            you think he really said "please"?
            No!

Everyone in my 'Courtesy Class' told me to leave my AK at home.......they said it was "counterproductive"...

Whatever.

Comment

• hambon4lif
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              I don't believe his story for a second.
              As far as crime goes, home invasions are the "flavor of the month", so this guys story's not entirely impossible to believe..

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

I would've done the same thing...
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

He fucked up when he fired at the ground. He should have pushed them to violence then shot them all. It's not hard to get a gang member to go off and do something stupid.

Hey jhale. You work with any gang members?

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    He did according to Jesus.
                    How so, you gonna tell me Jesus would have invited them in for their last supper before he blew them all away ??

Comment

• Igosplut
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

He did nothing wrong...
                      He did if he lived here. That's assault with a deadly weapon (felony) and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling (misdemeanor). You could also throw in attempted murder (felony) depending how close he shot at them. So, when charged with a felony, they revoke your class A/pistol permit (what you would need to own an AK legally) until the disposition of the case is decided. THEN the police chief in the town of issuance reviews what happened, and if he deems you irresponsible he can revoke it permanently. So basically he would be in FAR more trouble than the gang-bangers that they most likely would only tell to disperse, and only arrest if they hung around and argued with the police.....
                      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Yeah, but the guy doesn't live in Cape Cod, Fuckin MA!

Comment

• Igosplut
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah, but the guy doesn't live in Cape Cod, Fuckin MA!
                          I know, but I bet NY law doesn't differ THAT much. It seems the midwest and south are the only states that you have a legal right to use deadly force to protect property....And there's no gangs here...
                          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

The guy made several serious mistakes. You don't threaten with a gun. NEVER! If you grab it, you better be prepared to use it. The second mistake he made was going outside his home and firing the gun in a threatening manner in the ground. He should have called the police and had the gun ready if they broke into his home. You can only legally use deadly force if your life is threatened. Even here in Wyoming if you shoot someone in your front yard you have a more complicated situation than if you shot them in your home.

In a screwed up place like New York (used to live there by the way) they are going to throw the book at you; especially, for using a gun that probably is illegal to have there.

The best thing he could have done is moved from that shit hole full of gangs and let them kill each other off.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

People need to get it straight what an AK-47 is. It's a select fire assault riffle. Unless it goes full auto when you flick the safety lever in the middle position, it isn't a AK-47. An AK-47 has a milled receiver and was replaced by the stamped receiver AKM. When the Soviets went from 7,62x39 to 5,45x39 the rifle changed again to the AK-74. The Polish have a variant with a three round burst called the Tantal. The semi-automatic versions sold to civilians come from different countries and have different names but can be called Kaloshnikov carbines. The A in AK stand for automatic which the gun you are buying at gun stores are not. They are magazine fed carbines not automatic assault rifles.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...