Dave's voice is fine, seen him 3 times....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thetruthbaby
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Dave's voice is fine, seen him 3 times....

Another myth I wanted to dispell is about DAVE's voice. It's sounds just fine. I've seen Dave 3 times over the last 2 years and if he couldn't cut it I would admit it but this is simply not the truth. Is he the Dave of 1984?-- No, but NEITHER IS EDDIE, ALEX, or Hagar for that matter. Hagar's voice on VHagar's new track is noticeably less powerful than it was in 96' on Balance. Yet the Hagar morons that pollute this board only talk about Dave aging as if Eddie, Al and Hagar are in prime condition. What a joke. Dave sounded just fine at Universal Amphitheatre in August 2003 and the crowd was going apeshit the enitre show. I heard no complaints. Also there were around 5,000 people at that show (Universal only holds 6,000) so stop saying DAVE can't draw. Hagar fans are damn fools and EDDIE sheep. They don't have a clue.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave's voice has gotten much better the last 3 years... especially in the lower registers. I think age has won the battle in the upper registers. Overall he's improved and even remembers the lyrics too.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Dave's voice is in good form for a 49 year old.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

I thought Dave's voice AND performance was STELLAR last year. The only thing that irked me was the constant "woos" that he kept doing between lines and verses. Sounded a little "Cherone-esque" to me.

Other than that, he was fucking phenomenal.
        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• L.S.D.

hahaha, his voice sucks now. Come on already. It isnt good, it hasnt been good in 10 years. Everyone knows that. Stop making excuses.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Dave sounds fine.

LSD, you're just plain full of shit. Another digruntled Eddie sheep all too aware that your boy EVH hasn't done anything worthwhile since Roth left the band. Ed became lazy and uninspired, and, for whatever reason, you blame Roth rather than Ed for his demise.

Try placing the blame for Ed's lackadasical attitude where it belongs.

Jackass.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

dave should wear a wig. no disrespect, i just think it would look kool.

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by Terry
                Dave sounds fine.

LSD, you're just plain full of shit. Another digruntled Eddie sheep all too aware that your boy EVH hasn't done anything worthwhile since Roth left the band. Ed became lazy and uninspired, and, for whatever reason, you blame Roth rather than Ed for his demise.

Try placing the blame for Ed's lackadasical attitude where it belongs.

Jackass.

Yeah instead of that genius Roth who quit the band and then became the biggest laughing stock in the history of rock music. Im glad that youd rather watch dave do the splits and cut his head with a sword, but us music lovers prefer to listen to Eddie play his guitar. Have fun in vegas.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

I'd love nothing better than to listen play his guitar, too. Still dig the 6 pack albums.

Trouble is, Ed hasn't done anything new or exciting on either a technical or songwriting level in almost 20 years. Flashes of his brilliance are on each of the albums that came after Dave left (5150 [title track], AFU, PleasureDome, Humans Being), but that's all....just occasional reminders of Ed's talent.

Have already seen Ed do Eruption live with the best lineup Halen ever had in 1984. If Ed's not gonna do anything new, might as well see Dave live with Brian again, since Brian is smoking Eddie's licks better than Eddie can nowadays.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

i always liked Cant Get This Stuff No More more that Me Wise Magic

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by Terry
                      I'd love nothing better than to listen play his guitar, too. Still dig the 6 pack albums.

Trouble is, Ed hasn't done anything new or exciting on either a technical or songwriting level in almost 20 years. Flashes of his brilliance are on each of the albums that came after Dave left (5150 [title track], AFU, PleasureDome, Humans Being), but that's all....just occasional reminders of Ed's talent.

Have already seen Ed do Eruption live with the best lineup Halen ever had in 1984. If Ed's not gonna do anything new, might as well see Dave live with Brian again, since Brian is smoking Eddie's licks better than Eddie can nowadays.

Thats bullshit. He grew as a songwriter and became more serious. You may not like that but that doesnt mean its not good. What has dlr done since van halen?

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

had a successful solo career

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

You have to admit, while Dave still has the ambition, he too has lost some of the fire.

Dave needs Ed just as much as Ed needs Dave.

Dave brings out a more "fiery" element in Ed's playing. "Me Wise Magic" is a key example. Ed's playing was more aggressive and even though Dave's lyrics were simple and more spoken than sung, the fucking vibe of those 2 was all over that track.

Eight years later and it's STILL a great listen.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

yes dave has lost SOME touch, not ALL. same goes for eddie. like rodney king said, "Why cant we all get along?" i have a dream that one day the roth army will get along and fight against the sam in the name of the diamond one!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

I think they both bring out the best in each other. No bullshit.

Eddie's guitar playing inspires Dave. Dave's lyrics inspire Eddie.

That's Dave's major problem right now. Sure he's with a guitarist who can nail Eddie's licks, but said guitarist is not a talented songwriter.

Comment

Working...