Don Mattingly set to take over for Joe Torre in 2011...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Don Mattingly set to take over for Joe Torre in 2011...

Joe Torre is officially leaving the Dodgers...

Mattingly taking over...

Gee, do you think the Cubs are going to give the 70-year-old a call?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I dunno, we'll just see if he'll be as good a manager as he was a player....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

In my opinion, and I'm not a Don Mattingly fan, he's got all the intangibles. He's very Torre-esque as a player. He was a star as a player...but more of an everyman sort. What I'm getting at is that superstars rarely make good managers because their expectations are too damn skewed. Mattingly has always been a hard-worker on teams that needed him to be. His Yankees weren't all that good...but he always was.

How does that translate as a manager...we'll see...

But boy...L.A. sure as fuck is a mess...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ace diamond
        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Mattingly taking over...

pojo, the cubs haven't won the world series since 1908.
        that's 102 years.
        your math needs a little help.
        they have been cursed by a goat and babe ruth even called and made his home run shot in the 1932 world series that the yankees won
        at wrigley.
        my point is, if joe torre couldn't turn the los angeles dodgers around into a winner, which has eluded my team since our 1988 world series
        victory, of which i attended game one and witnessed history being made by kirk gibson, whilst sitting in the reserve level out by the right field foul pole, he has zero chance with trying to even attempt to turn around the chicago cubs.
        the cubs are the sorriest team in all of sports............102 years without a championship is a world fucking record!
        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ace diamond
          that's 102 years.
          Poji's math skills are fine. I think it's your reading comprehension skills that are fucked up!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

that's 102 years.
            Dude...what the fuck are you talking about.

R-E-A-D S-L-O-W-L-Y...

and make sure to use all your context clues...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

or have his biker buddy read it for him
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ace diamond
                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Mattingly taking over...

ah, yes.....good old sarcasm......another one of those free services offered around these parts.

i was fucking drunk on some pretty good brandy with my initial response to this.
                Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

ah, yes.....good old sarcasm......another one of those free services offered around these parts.

i was fucking drunk on some pretty good brandy with my initial response to this.
                  http://www.amazon.com/California-Exo.../dp/B000Z4PXMQ
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...