PDA

View Full Version : Rush.

ashstralia
09-18-2010, 10:10 AM
i have heard red barchetta, and it is good.

the trees, is good. the spirit of radio, is good.

tom sawyer, it's good.

LISTEN TO RUSH NOW!!!

Mr Badguy
09-18-2010, 09:02 PM
OOOOOOOOkay...

sonrisa salvaje
09-19-2010, 09:24 PM

tom sawyer, it's good.

LISTEN TO RUSH NOW!!!

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

ashstralia
09-20-2010, 05:09 AM
Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

yes, every time i look in the mirror after showering.

see what happens when you listen to rush whilst drinking copious amounts of vb? ;)

Seshmeister
09-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Yeah the thread didn't make too much sense until you allowed for the time difference... :)

ashstralia
09-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Yeah the thread didn't make too much sense until you allowed for the time difference... :)

yesh, sess, i'm punk drosting in aonthre mite ezon..

hsur

Seshmeister
09-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Oh no not again! :)

ELVIS
09-22-2010, 09:58 AM
What iz ya two gentlemen drinking ?? sho 'nuff...

FORD
09-22-2010, 10:18 AM
yes, every time i look in the mirror after showering.

see what happens when you listen to rush whilst drinking copious amounts of vb? ;)

Never tried vb. Not even sure if you can get it on this side of the planet. But shouldn't you drink Canadian beer when listening to Rush, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lpVjXwAfm0

Diamondjimi
09-22-2010, 01:34 PM
But shouldn't you drink Canadian beer when listening to Rush, eh?

Exactly! :beers8:

Seshmeister
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Finally saw 'I love you man' last night, good stuff. :)

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOckQm-TpWk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOckQm-TpWk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Kristy
10-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Wonder what the percentage of profits Mr. Lee gets from playing his signature bass from Fender.

Nitro Express
10-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Wonder what the percentage of profits Mr. Lee gets from playing his signature bass from Fender.

I don't know. I bought one though several years ago for $650. They are about $1000 now. Pretty much a stock Jazz bass with a Bad Ass bridge installed. I love the neck. You can play real fast on it.

Seshmeister
11-19-2010, 08:13 AM
TIME MACHINE TOUR 2011

Rush has confirmed they will be extending the Time Machine Tour and coming to Europe this spring.
The following dates are confirmed, including Rush performing in Ireland for the first time ever.
More additional European announcements to come.

Thursday, May 12th Dublin O2
Saturday, May 14th Glasgow SECC
Monday, May 16th Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
Thursday, May 19th Manchester MEN Arena
Saturday, May 21st Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
Sunday, May 22nd Birmingham LG Arena
Wednesday, May 25th London O2

Rush.com members will be receiving a pre-sale notification on Monday, November 22nd that begins on Tuesday, November 23rd.

Tickets for the Time Machine Tour in Ireland & UK general on sale will commence at 9AM GMT on Friday, November 26th, 2010. Ticket links and details will be posted shortly.

Additional European dates will be announced shortly!

Also confirmed today, the Time Machine tour will return to North America for a selection of dates between March and July, primarily with Rush performing in markets not played on the previous tour run this summer.

Stay tuned to rush.com for more details!

Hardrock69
11-20-2010, 01:46 AM
Have seen them half a dozen times since Permanent Waves Tour. Wished I could have seen them back in the 70s.
Kickass fucking band.

ashstralia
11-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Never tried vb. Not even sure if you can get it on this side of the planet.

nice bump, hr69!

sorry ford, read past this 1st time round. many of your touring entertainers proclaim VB to be our best drop. i concur.

i've heard there are places in L.A. where it's available. you really should try it, but it's gotta be ICY COLD.......

oh yeah... rush rules!!!!!!

SunisinuS
11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
A short day for us is 16 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdwOOuqV4xU&playnext=1&list=PLC7401D8DA007E3D4&index=1

Seshmeister
11-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Woo hoo got tickets in the presale of the UK tour.

Not cheap though jeez...

twonabomber
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
i may have to go to this one.

Rush will film April 15 concert in Cleveland for DVD

Ready for your close-up, Rush fans?

The Canadian rock trio has announced plans to film its concert Friday, April 15, at The Q in Cleveland for a full-length DVD release.

Singer-bassist Geddy Lee, guitarist Alex Lifeson and drummer Neil Peart will perform their 1981 album "Moving Pictures" (which included the hit "Tom Sawyer") in its entirety, as well as other material.

They chose to film their upcoming show here because Cleveland was the first city in the United States to embrace Rush's music, according to a statement on the band's website.

Unchainme
12-06-2010, 05:59 PM
They chose to film their upcoming show here because Cleveland was the first city in the United States to embrace Rush's music, according to a statement on the band's website.

some unimportant stern wannabe called rover was bitching on wmms about rush. calling them "boring" and it really made me want to go up to cleveland clean his clock.

Amazing how that station has went from one of the best in the country to complete and utter shit.

^ a b Wagner, Vit (May 11, 2002). "What a Rush". Toronto Star (Torstar): p. J1 - Arts. "Donna Halper... music director for Cleveland's WMMS in 1974... was the first radio programmer in the U.S. to air Rush's eponymous debut album. ... she is credited with having been instrumental in landing the band its first U.S. record deal."

btw, I want tix to this show so fucking bad!

Hardrock69
12-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Found out the other day they are going to be here in Gnashville on April 3. Tix go onsale this coming Friday. Me has no money. Hopefully I will be able to scrounge up some dollars before it sells out (if it does) as it has been 5-6 years since I have seen them.

Seshmeister
05-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Woo hoo got tickets in the presale of the UK tour.

Not cheap though jeez...

Quick 6 month wait and it's tonight!!!!

ashstralia
05-14-2011, 07:22 AM
they've still never gone oz. wankers.

Mr Badguy
05-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Quick 6 month wait and it's tonight!!!!

Hey, Sesh, might see you there.

I might drop into the Solid, failing that I'll be stoating around the smoking bit at the SECC.

I was supposed to be gigging in Kilmaurs tonight but it got cancelled on Wednesday, thank fuck.

Looking forward to this even more as I though I would miss it.

Seshmeister
05-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Cracking open the preshow beers in 90 minutes!

May end up in the Solid but a couple of my pals hate it for being too loud to chat, think we'll be a bit further up Hope Street.

I'll keep an eye out for you although I may be a bit refreshed. :D

I think we have decent seats on the floor, EE or something near to the aisle for beer runs.

Seshmeister
05-14-2011, 07:47 AM
A few years ago I would definitely have seen you as I lived in the smoking area but I'm off them now.

Seshmeister
05-14-2011, 07:51 AM
10 000 people but you'll recognise us right away - we'll be the group with a woman...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-14-2011, 08:20 AM
they've still never gone oz. wankers.

Are you serious ?? That's incredible !!

Mr Badguy
05-14-2011, 08:44 AM
I think I'll wear my black Superman logo T shirt.

If you see a guy who looks real stoned with long blonde hair and a big S on his chest, then chances are it's me.

Don't be a stranger!

ashstralia
05-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Are you serious ?? That's incredible !!

serious mate. rush have never played here.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-14-2011, 08:59 AM
That's unfathomable, no visits to Oz in 40 years ?

Gotta be something behind that....

Mr Badguy
05-14-2011, 09:03 AM
They played a Japanese tour once, in '84 "Grace under pressure", I think, and they didn't like the different culture there.

The fact that they don't want to go back there makes an Autralian visit less likely as most bands tie the two places together when touring.

Either that or little interest from promoters.

ashstralia
05-14-2011, 09:14 AM
come on ged, get a 'rush around the world' thing happening.
us aussies, we will welcome you. and we shall pay you in strong aussie dollars.:)

Hardrock69
05-14-2011, 01:54 PM
They played a Japanese tour once, in '84 "Grace under pressure", I think, and they didn't like the different culture there.

What are they stupid? :umm:

SunisinuS
05-14-2011, 02:18 PM
A short day for us is 16 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdwOOuqV4xU&playnext=1&list=PLC7401D8DA007E3D4&index=1

Part two of the playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MveirQQTZk&feature=autoplay&list=PLC7401D8DA007E3D4&index=3&playnext=2

ThrillsNSpills
05-14-2011, 02:31 PM

tom sawyer, it's good.

LISTEN TO RUSH NOW!!!

DUDE

Get Hemispheres and Caress of Steel. do not pass go.

then get the rest

fuck

Mr Badguy
05-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, that kicked ass.

I gotta admit the first half took a while to get going but the second was awesome.

*SPOILER ALERT FOR MY NEXT POST*

Mr Badguy
05-14-2011, 07:23 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE SETLIST!

Set One:
(Real history of Rush film part 1)
01.The Spirit of Radio
02. Time Stand Still
03. Presto
04. Stick It Out
05. Workin' Them Angels
06. Leave That Thing Alone
07. Faithless
08. BU2B
09. Freewill
10. Marathon
11. Subdivisions

Set Two:
(Real history of Rush film part 2)
12. Tom Sawyer
13. Red Barchetta
14. YYZ
15. Limelight
16. The Camera Eye
17. Witch Hunt
18. Vital Signs
19. Caravan
20. Drum Solo
21. Closer to the Heart
22. 2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx
23. Far Cry

Encore:

24. La Villa Strangiato
25. Working Man/Cygnus X1 excerpt
(Closing video)

Diamondjimi
05-14-2011, 08:04 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE SETLIST!

Set One:
(Real history of Rush film part 1)
01.The Spirit of Radio
02. Time Stand Still
03. Presto
04. Stick It Out
05. Workin' Them Angels
06. Leave That Thing Alone
07. Faithless
08. BU2B
09. Freewill
10. Marathon
11. Subdivisions

Set Two:
(Real history of Rush film part 2)
12. Tom Sawyer
13. Red Barchetta
14. YYZ
15. Limelight
16. The Camera Eye
17. Witch Hunt
18. Vital Signs
19. Caravan
20. Drum Solo
21. Closer to the Heart
22. 2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx
23. Far Cry

Encore:

24. La Villa Strangiato
25. Working Man/Cygnus X1 excerpt
(Closing video)

Yup, pretty much what they played last summer. I get spoiled getting to see them play every time in our home town. :biggrin:

ashstralia
05-14-2011, 08:20 PM
bastards!!!!!

Seshmeister
05-15-2011, 06:32 AM

Neil Peart won't fly so he comes to Europe by boat. I guess Australia is too far.

ashstralia
05-15-2011, 06:56 AM
put a bloody robut up there amongst the chicken roasters and laundry gear!!!!!

actually, no. that would be wrong. bastards!

Nitro Express
05-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Neil Peart won't fly so he comes to Europe by boat. I guess Australia is too far.

He won't fly but he goes on huge long motorcycle trips. Sometimes he even rides his bike between gigs. Sorry folks. The concert is canceled. An old lady pulled out in front of Neil and he smacked into the side of her car.

FORD
05-15-2011, 01:37 PM

What are they stupid? :umm:

You guys DO remember who Rush's manager is , right? :biggrin:

I blame him for the Aussiephobia. Not that the Aussies probably wouldn't like to kick his ass for starting the VDIII tour down there.

Nitro Express
05-15-2011, 01:53 PM
I think Van Halen's real manager was Jack Daniel's. :biggrin:

Seshmeister
05-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Well, that kicked ass.

I gotta admit the first half took a while to get going but the second was awesome.

I think it was the quietest indoor gig I've ever been to, is there some new health and safety thing going on?

I'm also getting a bit sick of being further and further away from the front each time I go to see Rush. I blame drummers. Every one of them has to go to Rush gigs and they're being allowed to breed. :)

binnie
05-16-2011, 05:05 AM
I think it was the quietest indoor gig I've ever been to, is there some new health and safety thing going on?

I'm also getting a bit sick of being further and further away from the front each time I go to see Rush. I blame drummers. Every one of them has to go to Rush gigs and they're being allowed to breed. :)

I believe that Labour brough something in towards the end of their tenure - not so much Health and Safety as 'noise pollution', if memory serves. I could be completely wrong on that though.

I've noticed the same thing though - at first I thought it was just my ears going.

Not all bands adhere to it though: I saw Metallica in '09 and it felt like someone hitting my head with a bat; Priest were also painfully loud. Good times.

Mr Badguy
05-16-2011, 05:09 AM

Yes, it was a bit quiet, but I thought it was just where I was sitting.

That was the first gig that I ever sat up in the stalls, so I wasn't used to how it rolled up there.

My singing along must have been too loud for the people in the seats either side of me, both of whom failed to appear for the second half!

Seshmeister
05-16-2011, 06:46 AM
I was on the floor but further back than usual.

You could be heard without shouting just talking loudly so I have to admit I'm not sure I would want to have been beside someone who was singing all the way through. :)

Mr Badguy
05-16-2011, 09:32 AM
It wasn't you, then.

Good.

Haha!

ashstralia
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
didn't you guys have a meet-up?

Mr Badguy
05-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Nah.

We're Scottish.

Meet ups are gay.

Diamondjimi
05-17-2011, 02:47 AM
The best spot in nay venue (for sound quality) is by the audio desk. Rush are a band that has great sound live. The volume was probably adjusted based on the acoustic measuring the live front of house tech does before the show.
Quality over quantity, I say...

ashstralia
05-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Nah.

We're Scottish.

Meet ups are gay.

yeah, i suppose since you're all related anyway. :)

Seshmeister
05-18-2011, 09:34 AM
The best spot in nay venue (for sound quality) is by the audio desk. Rush are a band that has great sound live. The volume was probably adjusted based on the acoustic measuring the live front of house tech does before the show.
Quality over quantity, I say...

I've been standing there quite a lot recently although it can be a bit of a spoiler as they tend to have the set list stuck to the desk.

In this case it was set seating but we were quite near the sound desk and very central.

lesfunk
05-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Nah.

We're Scottish.

Meet ups are gay.
I agree. I met Lou at a VH show in 08 and he seemed very gay.

Jagermeister
05-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I agree. I met Lou at a VH show in 08 and he seemed very gay.

:lmao:

Seshmeister
10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
How odd.

I got in from the pub late last night after watching the football and then fell asleep listening to music on my iPhone. I woke up this morning to find that my movements in bed had made an international call to Lou in the States at 4am. I've never even spoken to Lou in my life, he sent me his number a few years back when I was over for the Van Halen tour.

Anyhoo back on topic.

http://www.dandeentertainment.com/rush-time-machine/

It seems that the new thing is to charge you to go and see the show you have already seen at the cinema before then selling it to you on DVD?

That's pushing it a bit do you not think?

I guess no one is forcing you to go and I although I buy the DVDs and go to the shows I do tend to steal the MP3s these days...

Nitro Express
10-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm just glad I saw Rush right at the Moving Pictures through the Grace Under Pressure era. They just got too goofy with the chicken baking and Barbie shit. When I saw Geddy with a fake parrot on his shoulder singing we are the pirates of the temples of whatever it just was not as good as the good old days. Too goofy.

Seshmeister
10-12-2011, 09:28 PM
WTF?

There is a danger you may be turning into an old grumpy person.

How would any of that ruin your enjoyment?

'I'm not watching this they are being humorous and it is spoiling the music for me.'

Good grief... :D

chefcraig
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
WTF?

There is a danger you may be turning into an old grumpy person.

How would any of that ruin your enjoyment?

'I'm not watching this they are being humorous and it is spoiling the music for me.'

Good grief... :D

I find it refreshing as can be. For years, these guys were derided for not having a sense of humor, so seeing them loosen up (with an appearance on the Stephen Colbert show, for example) is great to see. And given all that Neil Peart went through, it's astounding that the band exists at all, let alone seems to be finally enjoying a well deserved public renaissance.

By all means, bring on the washing machines! :appl:

Seshmeister
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Absolutely.

Rush are the only band I'm aware of from the 70s/80s who are still touring and releasing new music and not either a ghost of their past or effectively a glorified tribute band.

Van Halen of course don't qualify on a number of counts at the moment...

Mr Walker
10-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Nah.

We're Scottish.

Meet ups are gay.

I agree.

I'm offended

Anyway... I really need to make some time to watch that Rush Documentary.

Seshmeister
10-13-2011, 09:47 AM
You should, it's very good.

Let Mrs Walker see it too.

Mr Walker
10-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I have the blu-ray... just haven't watched it.

My son fell asleep with the TV on one night and it came on our VH1 Classic station and I caught some of it when I was getting ready for work last week. Amazing that Geddy and Alex have remained friends since the 7th grade.

Nitro Express
10-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Rush played well as usual but Geddy doesn't wail like he used to. Their goofy humor was too much and I found myself getting bored. Good thing I had my Blackberry with me because I actually started doing business work during the show because they couldn't keep my attention.

I guess I'm Rushed out. I never liked anything of theirs past Grace Under Pressure anyways. One of the great bands though.