X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kissfan1976
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2010

Scott Weiland Up To His Old Tricks?

I'm not sure how true this is but a friend went to STP last night here in Houston(Woodlands) and supposedly the band started late and Scott seemed "messed up" and ranted for 15 mins, about alcohol and his divorce,they only played 7 songs before calling it quits and house lights came on.
    Haven't read any reviews or seen any videos posted yet but then I can't access YOUTUBE from work.
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

He's up and down. I saw them last month and they all absolutely knocked it outta the park.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

It's possible.. i suppose everyone has ups & downs... especially someone with his track record. I'm seeing them in about a month at the Hard Rock down here... I expect a killer show like I got in 08!
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Here's one from last night. Damn big show. Bad clip, but from what I am able to hear, they sound pretty good. 7 songs though? Kind of a ripoff.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VUS5I7YOSE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VUS5I7YOSE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kissfan1976
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2010

Found A Review Of Last Night's Show.

From HoustonPress.com

Stone Temple Pilots
          Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
          September 19, 2010

It took a good hour past their stated stage time to get Stone Temple Pilots in front of the crowd at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Sunday night.

But that hour in between vanished once lead singer Scott Weiland and company sauntered out around the time your late local news would be starting. They would turn in a perplexing and harrowing 75-minute set of their radio hits, some album nuggets, and a few new songs from this year's self-titled comeback album.

Our sources tell us that Weiland was still in transit to Texas when the gates opened. STP's last gig was Friday night in Tempe, Ariz., leaving the band a day off before Sunday's show.

​Starting with "Crackerman," STP came rolling in fully loaded with DeLeo Brothers riffs, Eric Kretz's sturdy drumming and Weiland's signature slither. Out came his trusty bullhorn for the song's chorus, while guitarist Dean DeLeo unreeled the Core nugget.

A report about Sunday night cannot come without word on Weiland's condition onstage, in light of his lateness. He seemed off mentally, a little too meandering and talkative, bringing up his own past drug and alcohol abuse. At one point he did claim that he traded the hard stuff for boozing.

We can't say what was the exact story Sunday night, other than yes, he did seem a tad touched. This did nothing to alter his performance, though, with his trademark jigging and juking remaining intact throughout the night.

The new "Between The Lines" is a lot better than it probably should be for a comeback album's first single, with a sound that dips straight into STP's 1994 album Purple. "Big Empty," actually from Purple, received the night's loudest singalong.

Weiland simply couldn't screw it up, not with the whole place backing him. "Interstate Love Song" was the band at its most pop-friendly, and the hook still retains its viciousness 17 years on. Another track from this year's new album, "Huckleberry Crumble," has a whiff of Weiland's solo work, with a melody that takes a bite from Aerosmith's "Same Old Song and Dance."

Weiland introduced "Plush" by reminding everyone that in the beginning the band was a looked at as a grunge band, when they were in fact a rock band. Along with "Jeremy" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit," it became a fixture in the pop-grunge pantheon, and it would take the band years to shake that sloppily attached grunge tag.

And that's been the curse of STP since 1992's Core. The band was unfairly tagged as grunge also-rans when, more than anything else, they were closer to '70s stars like Deep Purple, the Stones and David Bowie. Also, like it or not, Weiland is a true front man.

He's tardy, swarthy, carries a Lizard King complex, and he may imbibe so much that it has imploded the band a few times. STP came from a completely alien place no one could quite pin down, and they still confuse to this day.
          STP SET LIST

Crackerman
          Wicked Garden
          Heaven & Hotrods
          Between the Lines
          Hickory Dichotomy
          Big Empty
          Silvergun Superman
          Plush
          Interstate Love Song
          Huckleberry Crumble
          Down
          Sex Type Thing

ENCORE

Trippin' On a Hole In a Paper Heart

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Another...bit better clip.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Kg76mDTnxU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Kg76mDTnxU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kissfan1976
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2010

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Yeah...caught them at SUMMERFEST 2008 in Milwaukee...8th row center stage...they KILLED

& they won't top that for me either....best of luck to Scott...hope he kicks his demons

Comment

• Little Texan
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I wish STP still made songs in the vein of "Crackerman", "Meatplow", and "Wicked Garden". From what I've heard of their new stuff, it sucks ass. "Between The Lines" is shit.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

You never know if that asshole will show up or not. Left us waiting in Tampa 2008 until 11:30 before telling us all to fuck off. And I was 10 feet back center. "And we're keeping all the fees"

They're coming to town again and they can totally kiss my ass. I'm no sucker.
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                      You never know if that asshole will show up or not. Left us waiting in Tampa 2008 until 11:30 before telling us all to fuck off. And I was 10 feet back center. "And we're keeping all the fees"

They're coming to town again and they can totally kiss my ass. I'm no sucker.
                      I think for once a stage invasion would have been justified.

A bunch of you should go with pitchforks and torches and ask for your money back from the last show.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Apparently they were terrible at Donnington this year.

I'd still to see 'em live, though. STP never really toured over here much. The new album is a grower - I respect them for experimenting rather than trying to make a 'modern' version of their classic sound like so many 'reunion' bands do....
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Stone Temple Pilots Suspend Tour After Weiland Rant

Scott Weiland delivers 'odd and confusing‚ banter onstage in Houston' and the band immediately delays a dozen scheduled shows

By Daniel Kreps

Stone Temple Pilots have rescheduled a dozen tour dates so the recently reunited band can "take a short break" before resuming their fall trek in mid-October. No reason was given for the changes, which started with the postponement of last night's gig in El Paso, Texas. But on Sunday in Houston, STP took the stage an hour late, forcing five songs off their usual set list, and frontman Scott Weiland seemed disoriented, opening the show with a long rant and delivering "odd and confusing" banter throughout the night, the Houston Press reports.

Weiland was apparently slurring as he addressed the crowd on topics ranging from his prior drug problems to his inner ear monitor to the early days of STP. At one point, he admitted that he was drinking again. (One rumored reason for the delayed start - Weiland was still on the flight to Houston as the opening band played.) Earlier in the tour, Weiland faced accusations that he was lip-synching or relying on a backing track, after the audience could hear what sounded like pre-recorded vocals when Weiland fell off the stage in Cincinnati mid-song. the El Paso Times speculates that low tickets sales may have also factored into the decision to reshuffle the tour.

ROLLING STONE

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2010

About two days ago the local rock radio station announced that the Thursday Night , September 30th. show here was cancelled along with

several other tourdates . The D.J. said that the reasons were a combination of a " lack of ticket sales " and " vocalist Scott Weilands behavior "

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Obviously this is a shame. The dude should take some responsibility for the people who bought tickets for this and the shows that WERE scheduled.
                              Of course it's not a great idea for a recovering addict to say into the mike that he switched to drinking. They have some good unreleased tunes on youtube if anyone wants to check it out. "You Can't drive me away" is one that should have made it to an album.
                              Maybe this is all just karma for what they did to the VH tunes at the hall of shame.

Comment

Working...