PDA

View Full Version : HomeEntertainment Music Bon Jovi up for hall of fame induction

Jagermeister
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Associated Press NEW YORK, N.Y.—It could be a blaze of glory for Bon Jovi at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Jersey boys are up for possible induction in the hallowed hall, along with first-timers Donovan, Dr. John, Alice Cooper and Neil Diamond.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame released its list of nominees Tuesday. There were some familiar names: Darlene Love, LL Cool J, Donna Summer and the Beastie Boys have been up for the prestigious honour before.

Other previous nominees include the J. Geils Band; Tom Waits; Chuck Willis; Chic and Joe Tex.

To be eligible for the hall, an act must have released its first batch of music at least 25 years ago.

Inductees will be revealed in December, and the ceremony will be in March in New York City.

Mr. Vengeance
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM
More fucking importantly, ALICE COOPER is finally nominated! WAYYYYYY to long a wait.

hambon4lif
09-28-2010, 12:49 PM
If Bon Jovi get in before Cheap Trick, it will be a prime example of just how fucking stupid and irrelevant the RNRHOF really is.....

Jagermeister
09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
More fucking importantly, ALICE COOPER is finally nominated! WAYYYYYY to long a wait.

I agree. Not sure about Neil Diamond but I'm glad to see his name as well.

Jagermeister
09-28-2010, 12:58 PM
If Bon Jovi get in before Cheap Trick, it will be a prime example of just how fucking stupid and irrelevant the RNRHOF really is.....

Good point. J. Geils Band but in but no Cheap Trick. I never totally agree with these lists.

FORD
09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
I agree. Not sure about Neil Diamond but I'm glad to see his name as well.

Neil Diamond was a successful songwriter before he started making his own records. Of course the most famous band to record his songs was The Monkees, and I don't think they're in the RRHOF either. I'd say Neil gets in for anything he recorded up until about 1973 or so (all his stuff on UNI records was worthy)
http://www.compactdiscount.net/IMG_7651.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGzvGSijWFM

FORD
09-28-2010, 01:38 PM
And yeah, Cheap Trick deserves the nomination far more than either J.Geils or Bon Jovi. I give Bon Jovi some credit for being able to survive where other hair band cheese balladeers didn't, and to keep making new music for their fans, but no way in fucking Hell should they get in on the first ballot. Let them wait a few years for it.

sadaist
09-28-2010, 02:01 PM
And yeah, Cheap Trick deserves the nomination far more than either J.Geils or Bon Jovi. I give Bon Jovi some credit for being able to survive where other hair band cheese balladeers didn't, and to keep making new music for their fans, but no way in fucking Hell should they get in on the first ballot. Let them wait a few years for it.

Cheap Trick deserves it more than most the bands in there.

Please don't suffer through much of this. But you guys will love the comments. Do yourself a favor & check them out.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xqh5YtjTz7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xqh5YtjTz7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

sadaist
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
And now time for some cleansing of your ears. Fucking great version!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsnKaLC4eho?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsnKaLC4eho?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
KISS, Chicago, Boston, Doobies, RUSH.....

I could go on....

Jagermeister
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
:baaa:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfbOHebiBgw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfbOHebiBgw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jagermeister
09-28-2010, 02:14 PM

I could go on....

Yes indeed.

FORD
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Geezus that was a horrible cover :puking-smiley:

hambon4lif
09-28-2010, 02:20 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xqh5YtjTz7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xqh5YtjTz7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>...It's shit like this that makes me wish the Earth would just fly into the fucking Sun!

sonrisa salvaje
09-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Hail, hail Alice Cooper. I have a bad feeling Bon Jovi is going to go in first try just because of record sales.
I'm kind of surprised Kiss wasn't renominated. What gives?

FORD
09-28-2010, 02:24 PM

I could go on....

Rush should be in without question. The only reason I can think of why they aren't is that their manager is a fucking asshole (that would be one Raymond Danniels of Toronto Canada)

As for the others you mentioned, they all have something in common keeping them out - the fact that too goddamn many people have been in the band to say who should or should not get in. If it were up to me, it would be the original 4 members of KISS, and maybe Eric Carr because the dead guys always get in. (Yeah, Mark St. John is dead too, but he only played on one fucking record, and it sucked).

Chicago? Only the original lineup, because after Terry Kath died, it didn't matter.

Boston? Tom Scholz seems to think he's the entire band, and he would probably try to keep the other surviving original members out. Brad Delp, of course, would be mandatory.

Doobies? I wouldn't include Mushmouth McDonald, but they would probably do it, just like they let fucking Hagar in as a member of "Van Halen".

twonabomber
09-28-2010, 02:29 PM
as an inducted member, DLR gets to vote for new inductees. that would be an interesting ballot to see.

i'd rather see Chic get in over Donna Summer.

Hail, hail Alice Cooper. I have a bad feeling Bon Jovi is going to go in first try just because of record sales.

sales supposedly don't count. they'll mention it in the blurb about the inductee, but far as i know sales are not to be considered as a measure of their worthiness of induction. it's supposedly about influence, and "the perpetuation of rock and roll." Bon Jovi found a way to get chicks to buy CD's and concert tickets...but is that enough?

Va Beach VH Fan
09-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Raymond Danniels of Toronto Canada

Fuck Off Ray Danniels !!!

sadaist
09-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Geezus that was a horrible cover :puking-smiley:

...It's shit like this that makes me wish the Earth would just fly into the fucking Sun!

LMFAO!

I knew you guys would feel the same. I tried to warn you not to listen to it. But it's like a fucking car accident on the side of the freeway. Even the Bon Jovi fans in the comments were disgusted by it.

For the record, I kind dug Bon Jovi up until Slippery When Wet. I thought the songs "Runaway" and "In & Out of Love" of theirs were pretty cool for the early 80's. But they have been total crap since they got big and catered too much to their female fans...and Jon began his acting career.

Bob_R
09-28-2010, 04:31 PM
In a new book released by their former tour manager here's a pic of who Jon was fucking in the 80's.

Yes, that's the beautiful Diane Lane (in the 80's of course)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/21/article-1314108-0B4B2199000005DC-990_468x620.jpg

http://www.talkclassicrock.com/forums/the-1980s/149-bon-jovi-2.html#post8015

PETE'S BROTHER
09-28-2010, 05:21 PM
she was so hot in "six pack":biggrin:

sonrisa salvaje
09-28-2010, 05:34 PM
sales supposedly don't count. they'll mention it in the blurb about the inductee, but far as i know sales are not to be considered as a measure of their worthiness of induction. it's supposedly about influence, and "the perpetuation of rock and roll." Bon Jovi found a way to get chicks to buy CD's and concert tickets...but is that enough?

It shouldn't be enough and i agree record sales shouldn't count. I've just got this bad feeling and this ugly vision in my head of them cheesing it up during the induction ceremony. Personally, i think the New Jersey album should disqualify them from not only the HOF but from breathing.

Mr Badguy
09-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Alice Cooper should have been second in after Elvis.

Not just for the music and longevity but for what they/he did for concert presentation.

RaRHOF is a load of shit anyway.

twonabomber
09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Alice Cooper should have been second in after Elvis.

wouldn't have been possible...mainly because of when EP's and AC's first records were released. gotta wait 25 years.

should Cooper gotten on the ballot his first year of eligibility? sure, and so should a lot of other bands, but Jann Wenner and Suzan Evans are fucking the whole thing up.

Whiteflag
09-28-2010, 08:11 PM
It shouldn't be enough and i agree record sales shouldn't count. I've just got this bad feeling and this ugly vision in my head of them cheesing it up during the induction ceremony. Personally, i think the New Jersey album should disqualify them from not only the HOF but from breathing.

Ignorant post.

Let me tell you a story young man. Me and my third wife were on a cruise. that is correct my first time on a ship since that fateful day and I got to give the New Jersey album a few spins. and it is quite a good record. remember now I am used to vinyl.

by your way of thinking David Lee Roth should be shot at sunrise for all the shit music he released after his bonehead decision to leave VH in 1985. which by the way was a few days before my 73rd birthday.

sadaist
09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Ignorant post.

Then why did you continue to type if you knew what your post would contain?

At least you warned us from the git.

Terry
09-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Bon Jovi in the RnRHoF?

Actually, for that "institution" such an induction makes complete sense, and that's not a sarcastic remark.

Just think, next year Posion can be inducted.

Hey, why not? The following year can can see Winger, Warrant and Trixter in as well.

Diamondjimi
09-28-2010, 09:46 PM
The RRHOF is a joke. Nuff said...

Anonymous
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM
People who keep hoping that real bands get into the "Rock n' Roll" Hall of Fame are just like the people that keep walking into McDonald's in the hopes they get a good hamburger.

Or like people who keep heading into a boulder instead of going around it.

Eventually, you gotta stop doing it. But there's always someone who keeps going...

Cheers! :bottle:

ppg960
09-29-2010, 12:33 AM

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What bugs me most about JBJ is he tries to show this pretty boy attitude.
"Hey look, I married my HS sweet heart"
"We support rock against Drugs"
The list goes on..................
How many chicks did this guy nail in every city?? He's likely up there with Vince Neil.

VHscraps
09-29-2010, 02:41 AM

Yup. It's all about this corporate shit entity that R-n-R has become. Awards - Grammys, Brits, whatever, have got fuck all to do with rock'n'roll.

That's why - despite the possible other reasons for them not showing (rehab, etc) - that VH not showing up was actually more rock'n'roll in that old 'we don't give a fuck way'. I approved of that.

The only two acts not to show up to be inducted - VH and the Sex Pistols.

sadaist
09-29-2010, 04:17 AM
He's likely up there with Vince Neil.

Not in weight class though. :hee:

sonrisa salvaje
09-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Ignorant post.

Let me tell you a story young man. Me and my third wife were on a cruise. that is correct my first time on a ship since that fateful day and I got to give the New Jersey album a few spins. and it is quite a good record. remember now I am used to vinyl.

by your way of thinking David Lee Roth should be shot at sunrise for all the shit music he released after his bonehead decision to leave VH in 1985. which by the way was a few days before my 73rd birthday.

Old Captain Buzzkill strikes again! I was wondering where you got off to. If you can tell me what is "quite good" about New Jersey i will certainly apologize. Is it Bad Medicine? What a great rocker that was. How about Born to Be My Baby (And i was made to be your man)? With deep lyrics like those i can see how you would be spellbound.

As for "all the shit music he released after" 1985, i don't know what you're talking about. Dave has never released any shitty music.

binnie
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
I have no time for Bon Jovi, but they've been going for decades and can still sell out some of the biggest venues in the world, even though most of their newer records don't really get much air play - that tell's me they've been doing something right, even if I don't know what it is.

Are there more deserving entries into the RRHOF? Sure. But BJ deserve their place, whether I like 'em or not.

Whiteflag
09-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Old Captain Buzzkill strikes again! I was wondering where you got off to. If you can tell me what is "quite good" about New Jersey i will certainly apologize. Is it Bad Medicine? What a great rocker that was. How about Born to Be My Baby (And i was made to be your man)? With deep lyrics like those i can see how you would be spellbound.

As for "all the shit music he released after" 1985, i don't know what you're talking about. Dave has never released any shitty music.

Dave has never released any shitty music?

That's funny as shit ya god damn southerner!

78/84 guy
09-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Deep Purple, Motorhead, Rush, Alice !! The list is long !! Maybe their the lucky one's. Sometime's I'm glad Ed & Dave stayed home. I don't hate Bon Jovi but give me a break !!! Fuck the hall.

Terry
09-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Yup. It's all about this corporate shit entity that R-n-R has become. Awards - Grammys, Brits, whatever, have got fuck all to do with rock'n'roll.

That's why - despite the possible other reasons for them not showing (rehab, etc) - that VH not showing up was actually more rock'n'roll in that old 'we don't give a fuck way'. I approved of that.

The only two acts not to show up to be inducted - VH and the Sex Pistols.

At the time, the only reason I even half-wanted the Van Halens to show up was on the off-chance the CVH lineup would take the stage (being that this was still several months before the 2007 tour was offically confirmed) and play a few tunes.

Once that wasn't gonna happen, it was somehow fitting that only Hagar and Anthony turned up.

Fucking useless organization.

sonrisa salvaje
10-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Dave has never released any shitty music?

That's funny as shit ya god damn southerner!

LMAO!!! You are alright with me Cap.