PDA

View Full Version : Nightline: THE TERRORISTS ARE COMING!

ELVIS
09-29-2010, 10:15 AM
US and European officials said Tuesday they have detected a plot to carry out a major, coordinated series of commando-style terror attacks in Britain, France, Germany and possibly the United States.

A senior US official said that while there is a "credible" threat, no specific time or place is known. President Obama has been briefed about the threat, say senior US officials.

Intelligence and law enforcement authorities in the US and Europe said the threat information is based on the interrogation of a suspected German terrorist allegedly captured on his way to Europe in late summer and now being held at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.

US law enforcement officials say they have been told the terrorists were planning a series of "Mumbai-style" commando raids on what were termed "economic or soft" targets in the countries. Pakistani militants killed 173 people with guns and grenades during the 2008 attacks in Mumbai, India.

In testimony before Congress last week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said, "We are all seeing increased activity by a more diverse set of groups and a more diverse set of threats."

Officials in France have put the country on high alert for a terror attack and authorities in Paris shut down the Eiffel Tower for the second time in two weeks today after what was termed a "false alarm."

No bomb was found but officials in France are taking no chances, given what they believe is a very real threat.

"We currently have reached a spike in the threat of an attack, which is unquestionable," said the head of the French National Police last week. He also said France was at particular risk from al Qaeda's North African affiliate.

The new threat to France, and to Germany and Britain and the U.S., is coming from Pakistan, according to intelligence officials. The captured German reportedly said several teams of attackers, all with European passports, had been trained and dispatched from training camps in Waziristan and Pakistan. Officials say the German claimed the attack plan had been approved by Osama Bin Laden.

Not BIN LADEN !?!

Click to read more of this garbage... (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-credible-specific-threat-terrorist-attack/story?id=11747364)

:elvis:

binnie
09-29-2010, 10:35 AM
I have a terrorist in my pants. He is ceasless in his efforts to make Mrs binnie's life hell......

Mushroom
09-29-2010, 01:33 PM
If this story was issued while Bush was still in office, we would be hearing from all the liberals that it's just another scare tactic by BCE.

Nitro Express
09-29-2010, 01:34 PM
I've been more terrorized by the Federal Government than any rag head.

Nitro Express
09-29-2010, 01:38 PM
If they were so concerned about commando terrorists then why do they keep the borders wide open; especially, when you have cop killing narco-terrorists going on rampages? What a fucking joke. If the terrorist show up, I'll shoot them myself; since, the government doesn't seem to be too serious about really doing anything about it.

FORD
09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Is Osama Bin Laden "coordinating terrorist attacks" from his penthouse suite at the Lake of Fire Hellton Hotel??

ThrillsNSpills
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Maybe we'll get a tape of his 3rd cousin with a graphic saying it's ole BL and containing whatever the graphics typist was told to write.

ELVIS
09-29-2010, 03:14 PM
It's amazing people fall for this garbage...

Nitro Express
09-29-2010, 04:11 PM
I think the average American no longer gives a ratt's ass about Bin Laden or Al Quaida. Since 2001 we have just watched our country go to shit economically and politically. We've lost so much in ten years with the greedy fucks in Washington and their Wall Street friends just taking more. They would steal the newspaper blanket off a homeless person.

Nickdfresh
09-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I heard today that there was "no U.S. dimension" to the supposed planned attacks.

So it would be hard to say this is a case of the "BCE scaring us."

Nickdfresh
09-29-2010, 08:13 PM
It's amazing people fall for this garbage...

Yeah, I mean why would terrorists want to hit the West?