PDA

View Full Version : California Governor's Race

Little Texan
10-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Just curious as to who the Californians here at the site are going to vote for next month in the governor's race, Meg Whitman or Jerry Brown, and why you are voting for that candidate. Cast your vote in the poll, and explain your choice.

jhale667
10-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Gotta go with Jerry Brown - even though I'm not a huge fan of him, but rather I'm less of a fan of Whitman; among other reasons, I think - as you postulated in the other thread, she'll do to California what she did to Ebay...fuck it up worse. :umm:

GAR
10-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Gotta go with Jerry Brown - even though I'm not a huge fan of him, but rather I'm less of a fan of Whitman; among other reasons, I think - as you postulated in the other thread, she'll do to California what she did to Ebay...fuck it up worse. :umm:

There's better than either, because a total SIX are on the ballot!

Here's my choice, it took me a google search and 30 seconds to think about which of the other four is best...

Chelene Nightingale (http://www.nightingaleforgovernor.com/) (45, Southern California) American Independent Party. Conservative. Former 25 year Republican. Constitutionalist. Businesswoman. Pro-military. Pro-farmer. Immigration reformer. Promotes lower taxes, part-time legislature, states' rights, right to bear arms. Supports Prop 8. Supports AZ governor. Against amnesty. Promotes Prop 23. Will suspend Global Warming Act.

Dan
10-09-2010, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPePk3kGZk:D

FORD
10-09-2010, 03:39 AM

Here's my choice, it took me a google search and 30 seconds to think about which of the other four is best...

Chelene Nightingale (http://www.nightingaleforgovernor.com/) (45, Southern California) American Independent Party. Conservative. Former 25 year Republican. Constitutionalist. Businesswoman. Pro-military. Pro-farmer. Immigration reformer. Promotes lower taxes, part-time legislature, states' rights, right to bear arms. Supports Prop 8. Supports AZ governor. Against amnesty. Promotes Prop 23. Will suspend Global Warming Act.

In other words, another goddamn teabagging lunatic fringe candidate. And thus, not likely to get elected in California. Unless GAyR and Bob Dornan have exclusive access to the Diebold tabulators.

GAR
10-09-2010, 03:54 AM
There's no excuse for Jerry Brown saying yes to every special-interest and Union PAC that rolls around.

The Unions have thrown millions at him this time round, and Meg's a paid-for Goldman Sachs iimplant who's sole purpose is to veto prop 23 and defeat anyone trying to stop Wall St's bullshit Carbon Credits "Global Warming Solutions Act" from going throug..

I don't want to pay 7 bucks a gallon for gas when already I'm paying 3, and of that Wall St., taxes and the refinery are getting a buck each!

This is FUCKED! There are six candidates, two who might be sane and of the two, Nightingale is my choice for California Governor.

She's against the wetbacks, too like I am. It is my belief they all should be rounded up, their ill-gotten gains confiscated, and forcing them and all their anchor babies to be deported.

The state is bankrupt over the Unions and the Illegal Aliens. And neither Meg or Jerry want to go on record, and we've had plenty of wishy-washy with Arnold already.

BigBadBrian
10-09-2010, 06:42 AM
If CA elects Jerry Brown, they'll get get what they deserve: Bankruptcy.

Don't expect the Feda to bail you out.

You'll have to make some hard financial decisions, like pay teachers and the police OR continue to pay those exhorbitant state pensions.

BigBadBrian
10-09-2010, 06:46 AM
as you postulated in the other thread, she'll do to California what she did to Ebay...fuck it up worse. :umm:

Not any worse than that nubag Brown's policies of 30 years ago are doing to CA today...pushing it closer and closer to bankruptcy.

I don't give a hoot in hell what a person has behind their name, a D or an R, what america needs is more people with actual business experience in government at all levels.

POJO_Risin
10-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Not any worse than that nubag Brown's policies of 30 years ago are doing to CA today...pushing it closer and closer to bankruptcy.

I don't give a hoot in hell what a person has behind their name, a D or an R, what america needs is more people with actual business experience in government at all levels.

Fuck business experience...how many businesses are run by people that have their heads up their asses too. How about trying to find someone smart...that would be a good start...and one path rarely taken in this country these days. If that ALSO correlates with someone who has good business acumen...well...even better.

ELVIS
10-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Someone with good business sense at least has one foot in the water...

Nickdfresh
10-09-2010, 02:58 PM
All evidence to the contrary in the NY Governor's race...

GAR
10-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Can anyone deny Goldman Sachs' doing excellent business, getting them to bail them out of 400 trillion in bad debt, million-dollar bonuses, and now spending 140 million to elect Meg as the defender of Global Warming Solutions bill that will flood their coffers with fake "cap n trade" credits?

The State of California signed this bill into law. This election in California is about who gets in keeps it intact until it has a chance to go into effect.

Meg's already said in Idiotspeak: I'm for Cap n Trade and Global Warming Solutions Act.
Governor Moonbeam Brown has already said in Conflictospeak: I'm not against it, but I'm not for it unless..

Meg made her millions by jacking the fees on Feebay, buying Paypal, and controlling ebay payments via Paypal. Then jacking the fees on Paypal to where now ebay gets about 20 percent of sales.. and they dont' even have to fucking touch any merchandise. So her answer is going to be: jack up TAXES.

Moonbeam made his millions attacking industry, succumbing to AFLCIO and SEIU pressure, to where we lost all our auto plants! FUCKER! When I grew up, passing the Ford plant employee parking lot on the beach bus trips in the summer, I thought "man, I got it made when I grow up cause I'll work here.."

All we need is someone with ethics, morals and honesty and I'm giving the independant a chance for the first time because neither candidate is playing fair.

Seshmeister
10-09-2010, 07:35 PM

A thick as shit failed actress religious wack job who believes in every bullshit conspiracy theory on the internet.

Nickdfresh
10-09-2010, 07:42 PM
GAyR's soulmate.

sadaist
10-09-2010, 07:43 PM
The last several decades Jerry Brown has been a highly influential politician in California, including Governor. And I can't think of one improvement in CA that has happened....ever. Everything has slowly deteriorated into the shithole it is today. Nope...Brown is gone. He's had his time to fuck this state up from many positions. Meg can't make it any worse and may actually be able to understand you can't spend more than you make.

Plus with the dirty tricks Brown has been pulling the last few weeks, fuck him. Just shows the lengths this guy will go to get what he wants and pander to the big unions. He is NOT looking out for CA and it's regular citizens.

GAR
10-09-2010, 07:48 PM
We had a guy like Jerry Brown active in state senate, just as inefficient, everyone thought they had to kiss his ring to get shit done.

Now that 20 years of liberal legacy has left us broke, who'll fix it? Not the democrats

FORD
10-09-2010, 08:38 PM
GAyR's soulmate.

I thought Jizzy was GAyR's soulmate? :confused:

GAR
10-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Democrats = The Party of Gay

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc&page=2&cm=10168#10168

FORD
10-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Is that your new boyfriend?

GAR
10-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Who? DiamondJimi, or that DiamondJimi profile pic there from shitfacedbook.com?

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:01 AM
What amazes me about California is how quickly it fell. It used to have the seventh largest gross national product in the world, it celebrated freedom (that's what all those Beach Boy songs were about), it had wonderful weather, fun beaches, and lot's of jobs. As long as you didn't live in a shitty neighborhood the crime was low. We never bothered to lock our doors in Newport Beach in the early 70's. Orange Country was like Mayberry in those days.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:04 AM
If we can't fix things politically in the next two elections, we are all going to be a bunch of fighting mother fuckers. People are pretty pissed off right now and if the corrupt politicians continue to squeeze us any harder the cornered dog will bite their ass.

Satan
10-11-2010, 01:42 AM
What amazes me about California is how quickly it fell. It used to have the seventh largest gross national product in the world, it celebrated freedom (that's what all those Beach Boy songs were about), it had wonderful weather, fun beaches, and lot's of jobs. As long as you didn't live in a shitty neighborhood the crime was low. We never bothered to lock our doors in Newport Beach in the early 70's. Orange Country was like Mayberry in those days.

Well, right after Brian Wilson wrote all those songs, they had Ronald Wilson Reagan for two terms as governor. And then a bunch of other Republican dickweed governors after that. Not to mention the ridiculous ballot initiatives which allow fucking selfish pigs to write deceptive laws, and misinformed morons to vote them into existence. End result is you have a state full of fucking billionaires and yet unable to tax the worthless leeching bastards.

That's a relatively simplified explanation, but it pretty much sums it up. Other states have similar problem. Just ask the folks on the other end of the West Coast about a degenerate asshole named Tim Eyman. I'm preparing a very special place in Hell for that fuckweed.

GAR
10-11-2010, 03:50 AM
The next governor should kill AB32, because it's bad legislation.

Next, they should round up all the wetbacks, deport them and their anchor babies, and confiscate all their ill-gotten gains.

We could pay off the state debt with the confiscations..

GAR
10-11-2010, 03:51 AM
.. and lastly after balancing the state budget by kicking the unions out of office, militarize the CA-AZ-MX border and dig an impassable channel the full length so you can't do shit to get into the country illegally.

Seshmeister
10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
The next governor should kill AB32, because it's bad legislation.

Next, they should round up all the wetbacks, deport them and their anchor babies, and confiscate all their ill-gotten gains.

You might as well since once the whole state is a desert you won't need anyone to pick the fruit harvest or mow lawns for that matter.

GAR
10-11-2010, 10:50 AM
The illegal alien invasion only began recently, in the early 80's.

Before that, it was mostly Americans that picked the fruit. Most of 'em were Asians.

Trust me, the Japanese-Americans want the fuckers outta here as bad as anyone! Japs enjoy farming but can't compete with AgroBiz hiring illegals.

Thats why you mostly see them doing botanicals and nursery cultivation. NOT farming for farming's sake

FORD
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
So maybe it's the big agri-biz that should be made illegal?

Seriously, what do MonSatan, Cargill, and ADM actually contribute to this planet that is worthwhile?

Not a damn thing. They are harming this country far more than any "wetbacks" are.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I remember when Davis was booted for raising car registration fees too high and then Arnold came in. Right off the bat Arnold stated that California could come back if it got it's spending under control because it's the type of place people are always going to want to live. He said we have to bring the jobs back and to his credit tried to stop illegals from getting driver's licenses but there were so many of them they basically shut the state down when they went on strike.

From an outsider view, he seemed to be on track but couldn't do shit because the state legislature wouldn't work with him.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I got to meet Ronald Reagan Jr. at the Sundance Film Festival a few years ago. He said he dad was out of touch with the average American but loved the country. He said the whole cowboy hat thing was all PR because his dad never wore a cowboy hat and rode english style. He said his dad hung around rich people in Beverly Hills and lived a very high end lifestyle but yet the average American viewed him as one of them; even though, Ronald Reagan hadn't lived a normal middle-class lifestyle for a long-time. He said his father was a complicated man and seemed to live in compartments. He said he did care about people but because of his circumstances lived in a different world than the average American and reality and where President Reagan was living sometimes did not match up well.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
So maybe it's the big agri-biz that should be made illegal?

Seriously, what do MonSatan, Cargill, and ADM actually contribute to this planet that is worthwhile?

Not a damn thing. They are harming this country far more than any "wetbacks" are.

They have pretty much killed off the family farm and ranches. You know the little guys who grow that organic food everyone seems to want. I own part of a cattle ranch and we just break even every year. We have free roaming, grass fed black angus but you can't compete with the big meat operations that pack the cows in, give them steroids, and they exist in over crowded concentration camp conditions.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
We just got done with the cattle drive this last weekend and I'm talking people on horseback driving the cows 30 miles. We do it to keep the tradition alive and photographers show up to get their pictures. We could just drive the trucks into the ranch but we do what they used to do in the old days driving the cows to the rail head. Plus, our dog lives for this time of year. The dogs love keeping those cows in line.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:18 PM
The illegal alien invasion only began recently, in the early 80's.

Before that, it was mostly Americans that picked the fruit. Most of 'em were Asians.

Trust me, the Japanese-Americans want the fuckers outta here as bad as anyone! Japs enjoy farming but can't compete with AgroBiz hiring illegals.

Thats why you mostly see them doing botanicals and nursery cultivation. NOT farming for farming's sake

I would say the tipping point for the LA area was the 1984 Olympics. Prices shot up and never went back to where they were and the gang problem started to spread out into other communities. Also, yeah, more illegals. You started to see more Mexicans where you never saw them before.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:21 PM
You might as well since once the whole state is a desert you won't need anyone to pick the fruit harvest or mow lawns for that matter.

Parts of the state or desert but the northern coast is rain forest. California has about every type of climate and geography you can imagine except for jungle. I once went surfing in the morning and skied in snow later on the same day in California. That was before the traffic got so bad you could actually get somewhere.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:42 PM

We need a break from politicians who have come out of Harvard. Bush Jr. and Obama both came out of there. They must have a Goldman Sachs screw America club at that university.

Nitro Express
10-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Harvard Business School basically means you are a more polished criminal.

FORD
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Parts of the state or desert but the northern coast is rain forest. California has about every type of climate and geography you can imagine except for jungle. I once went surfing in the morning and skied in snow later on the same day in California. That was before the traffic got so bad you could actually get somewhere.

Yeah, but the number one cash crop in the northern parts of California isn't food. At least until you put it in brownies. (Well, Humboldt county anyway)

It's even in the beer there...... :gulp:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/2295402603_db78260603.jpg

FORD
10-11-2010, 02:56 PM
They have pretty much killed off the family farm and ranches. You know the little guys who grow that organic food everyone seems to want. I own part of a cattle ranch and we just break even every year. We have free roaming, grass fed black angus but you can't compete with the big meat operations that pack the cows in, give them steroids, and they exist in over crowded concentration camp conditions.

Yeah, I caught the tail end of the Farm Aid concert online last week. Neil Young was talking about the number of family farms that have gone under since the 80's. I don't remember the exact number, but it was depressingly large :(

Despite his best efforts (along with Willie, Mellencamp, Dave Matthews, and everyone else involved)

GAR
10-12-2010, 01:22 AM

Ultra-cheap food, price-fixing cartels and illegal commodity trades in cahoots with investment banks and bond issuers?

GAR
10-12-2010, 01:24 AM

At Ralphs market, they have bison and angus labeled "organic steroid free" beef at 12 a pound. It's competitive, and gooooooood.

Jesus Christ
10-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Bottom line when it comes to food...... if Dad & I didn't create it, ye probably should not eat it.

GAR
10-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Rise up, FORD.. kill and eat! http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48602e7b49

Seshmeister
10-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Bottom line when it comes to food...... if Dad & I didn't create it, ye probably should not eat it.

Prepare to starve

ashstralia
10-12-2010, 07:40 AM
i'm sensing

there is unrest in the forest..

FORD
10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
there is trouble with the trees?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFsQxl2M8o

Seshmeister
10-13-2010, 07:10 AM
And the foxes convinced the maples to vote for the oaks.

BOOM!

Do you see what I did there?

I'm here all week...

BigBadBrian
10-14-2010, 07:45 AM
If that ALSO correlates with someone who has good business acumen...well...even better.
That's what I'm talking about. I want a candidate that has successful business experience and knows how to create jobs and knows how to balance the books and make a profit.