X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

this was pete's favorite neon on main st

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Damn shame. That sign should have been on the historical registry.

Last edited by FORD; 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

i'm gonna stop by one the way home and see what kinda scrap/piece i can get for pete. cruisin' down main st, with the sun settin', the palm trees linin' the streets and the lady divin' in the dusk. she was "a glorious beacon of light". (like ima used to be )
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hell, it's Mesa. The fucking Mormons should kick in some money to restore this iconic sign. It would be a much wiser investment than funding hate campaigns in another state.

Or for that matter, McCain's Lizard Queen wife could pay for it. She's got a family fortune made from distributing crappy beer.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

if the motel was closer that sign coulda gone right thru their temple. that woulda been perfect.

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

They Can Re-Build Her.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Wow, damn cool sign. Sucks that it got destroyed.
              Hope they can pull it together and build y'all a new one ...
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                Wow, damn cool sign. Sucks that it got destroyed.
                Hope they can pull it together and build y'all a new one ...
                Agree. I really love those old neons from the 50's & 60's.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  Agree. I really love those old neons from the 50's & 60's.
                  we have this iconic one in sydney, i remember seeing it on the train ride into town

from about age 3. just legendary.

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Is That Anywhere Near King's Cross?
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I love cool old signs; especially, animated neon. I'm old enough to remember the road trips with the parents and pulling into such motels in the day and beelining for the pool. Also, fucking around with the vibrating bed and ice machine. pulling a bottle of Coke out of those old machines and playing pinball. The real machines that flipped the mechanical numbers not the digital shit. Fun days.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                        Is That Anywhere Near King's Cross?
                        no, other side of town dan.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          I love cool old signs; especially, animated neon. I'm old enough to remember the road trips with the parents and pulling into such motels in the day and beelining for the pool. Also, fucking around with the vibrating bed and ice machine. pulling a bottle of Coke out of those old machines and playing pinball. The real machines that flipped the mechanical numbers not the digital shit. Fun days.
                          fuck yeah, and not fallin' off the slide into the pool, and the mechanical hockey game with the dome over it.

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                            i'm gonna stop by one the way home and see what kinda scrap/piece i can get for pete. cruisin' down main st, with the sun settin', the palm trees linin' the streets and the lady divin' in the dusk. she was "a glorious beacon of light". (like ima used to be )
                            Wiseass!

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Neon signs rock! They're up there with the two most brilliant & essential inventions: air conditioning & silicone.

Too bad they're considered kitsch now. Art is art & will always be. But people laugh at big band music & then go into a pub to dance something that sounds like a scratched record. You know, because it's "modern".

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

Working...