PDA

View Full Version : Site slow today?

Little Texan
10-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Is it just my connection or is the site really painfully slow today? I'm having flashbacks of 2-3 years back when we were on that 286 powered server!

http://dl.maximumpc.com/galleries/x86/286.png Powaa!

Whiteflag
10-12-2010, 08:39 PM
it is not your connection you crazy motherfuckin' Texan. the site today is as slow as a steamship from the 1900's.

POJO_Risin
10-12-2010, 09:00 PM
This just in from the Roth Army's southwest office in Monkey's Eyebrow, Arizona...

The server is being upgraded from 500 jury-rigged TI-99's, to Uncle Jerry's old hard drive. While the process is a bit slow, I'm relatively sure that in the end, the site will be as fast as a constipated Mama Cass...

Diamondjimi
10-13-2010, 12:35 AM
This just in from the Roth Army's southwest office in Monkey's Eyebrow, Arizona...

Is that anywhere near Fuckoff, U.S.A.? :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
10-13-2010, 12:35 AM
(Dupe Post... Yup, the Army's slow today....)

And hey Pojo.... (Location: Hiding in the closet with your sisters lipstick on my junk)

:lmao:

Classic!!!!
:lol:

(Seriously, I laffed the fuck out loud!) :biggrin:

POJO_Risin
10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Is that anywhere near Fuckoff, U.S.A.? :biggrin:

Yeah...

my house is right on the county line....

Diamondjimi
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Site is paaaainfully slow. Hangin in here though...

Little Texan
10-14-2010, 05:08 PM
What is the deal? This is like 3 years ago! At least upgrade the server to a Pentium 1 powered processor!

Little Texan
10-14-2010, 05:12 PM
We've already lost a slew of members from when this site was at it's peak several years ago, and this site slowdown might run off the little bit of a skeleton crew we still have posting here. Please fix this problem!

PETE'S BROTHER
10-14-2010, 05:27 PM
We've already lost a slew of members from when this site was at it's peak several years ago, and this site slowdown might run off the little bit of a skeleton crew we still have posting here.

that and all the racist obama haters, and the retarded troll, and .....:biggrin:

SunisinuS
10-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Looks like another DOS Attack on yahoo actually which is slowing down many parts of the web. Here is a way to access Yahoo and its email if needed.

http://us.m.yahoo.com/?_cache=1287092634&.intl=us&.lang=en

POJO_Risin
10-14-2010, 09:43 PM
There's a couple of vbulletin fantasy football sites I help out with that are having the same issues we are, and for about the same amount of time. Not sure if either are related...

Nickdfresh
10-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Seems a lot faster this AM...

Diamondjimi
10-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Not by much though....

Dan
10-15-2010, 07:06 PM
All We Need Is Love.:D

GAR
10-16-2010, 12:10 AM
I think the overclocks' slow..

Diamondjimi
10-16-2010, 01:53 AM
No one cares what you think, Shitheel! :shiznit:

jhale667
10-16-2010, 02:30 AM
No one cares what you think, Shitheel! :shiznit:

And his posts are 'Tardy...:biggrin:

GAR
10-16-2010, 03:14 AM
Wow, mention things that are slow and looks who comes in barging?

NO Jay, we did not call for your help here.

jhale667
10-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Wow, mention things that are slow and

Look who was already here being a slowboat... STFU.

GAR
10-16-2010, 05:35 PM
So - you're gonna fix the site?

I'll be back in a week, when this shit's fixed. Lagtime ain't working for me...

ZahZoo
10-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Performance is real bad today... helps to keep a session of solitare handy to fill the time between loading threads.

Diamondjimi
10-17-2010, 12:41 PM

Library cuntputers are slow.Fact. You should probably forget about this site...

chefcraig
10-17-2010, 12:45 PM
You should probably forget about this site...

A show of hands please for all those in favor of NOT repairing the site, if it leads to this.

Diamondjimi
10-17-2010, 12:56 PM
:lol:

Anonymous
10-17-2010, 01:36 PM

It might take more than a week. It'll probably take a couple decades just to figure out the problem.

So don't hassle yourself checking back, just go away & we'll be sure to warn you when it's fixed.

Cheers! :bottle:

jhale667
10-18-2010, 01:37 AM
:lmao:

Jagermeister
10-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Fuck it's so slow it took me a week to realize I got banned. :lmao:

GAR
10-18-2010, 04:20 PM
wahhFUKKKK~!!

Slowern' SHIT wtf?!?!?

Dan
10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Fuck Off If You Dont Like It.:D

That's All.

Diamondjimi
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Still slow as fuck. Any updates?

Bueller?

GAR
10-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

<hr> <address>Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.rotharmy.com Port 80</address>

ZahZoo
10-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Watching some network traffic on my router... the problem must be at the hosting service. Clicking a thread/forum the call goes out immediately, then there's a 10-25 second delay until the response comes back from the hosting service. Watching trace-route response times... the delay is in the final hop.

Maybe one of the Webbies can contact the hosting service and see if they can tweek the load balancing in their server farm. The way it's behaving it doesn't act like there's some sort of indexing issues with the database. The packet bursts are clean and quick. Just seems to be throughput at the source...

PETE'S BROTHER
10-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Watching some network traffic on my router... the problem must be at the hosting service. Clicking a thread/forum the call goes out immediately, then there's a 10-25 second delay until the response comes back from the hosting service. Watching trace-route response times... the delay is in the final hop.

Maybe one of the Webbies can contact the hosting service and see if they can tweek the load balancing in their server farm. The way it's behaving it doesn't act like there's some sort of indexing issues with the database. The packet bursts are clean and quick. Just seems to be throughput at the source...

i noticed, umm...., the uh, umm.... same thing.:biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
10-22-2010, 12:38 PM
fuckin' dupes, is this tied in with the slow speeds as well?

Diamondjimi
10-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Annnnd, we're back! :baaa:

POJO_Risin
10-24-2010, 10:52 PM
It's definitely a server issue...and this latest mishap is most definitely a bandwidth issue. I have seen all the logs via Sarge, and there are a few different issues that we are contending with right now.

The 'new site' is one of them, and we may have to take a couple of steps backwards with regards to the site, before we can move forward.

As far as the bandwidth, well, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that uploading shit to the site...big ass pics, vids and sigs aren't helping, but there are some other underlying issues that my also be related to the new site...

Still working through it.

POJO_Risin
10-24-2010, 10:52 PM
As soon as Sarge knows anything...I'll let you all know...

Diamondjimi
10-24-2010, 11:37 PM
It does seem a bit quicker...

Dan
10-24-2010, 11:49 PM

She Screamed.:D

GAR
10-25-2010, 01:54 AM

They deleted the first fifteen-thousand of your "me-too" threads.

Faster now! Hope you didn't need those..

Diamondjimi
10-25-2010, 02:34 AM
They deleted the first fifteen-thousand of your "me-too" threads.

Faster now! Hope you didn't need those..

Eat a dick, Pigfucker....

ashstralia
10-25-2010, 04:36 AM
and now we're back to the old grey scheme.... i like it.

Anonymous
10-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Now see here, what in blaze's goin' on, eh?

Slow site, downtime, why, it does remind me of the olden days, but at least the site looked capital then, what?

Diamondjimi
10-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Not sure if I like it. WTF happened to the new header on the main page, pussy, bullet holes 'n shit....?

POJO_Risin
10-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I actually like the hybrid site better than the newer version...

Anonymous
10-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Why can't you guys put it back with the old colour scheme?

It was easy in the eyes & looked damn cool.

The new new site was kinda cool, but it had too much shit in it.

POJO_Risin
10-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Why can't you guys put it back with the old colour scheme?

It was easy in the eyes & looked damn cool.

The new new site was kinda cool, but it had too much shit in it.

What can I say...we like change...

With that said, IMO...the Red and Black attack...and...the second incarnation of the black and gray site were both the quintessential site skins...

Not that I don't like the new...especially coming off the purple gayness...but IMO...it's not as good as the heydey...of course...I've become an old, crotchety bastard...so I likely wouldn't like anything new...

Anonymous
10-25-2010, 11:48 PM
of course...I've become an old, crotchety bastard...so I likely wouldn't like anything new...

Ah. Yes, well... all right, then.

Guess I'll have to take care of these meself.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3964/barelylegallesbianchick.jpg

Come along, girls. Don't take it personal.

Nickdfresh
10-26-2010, 04:06 AM
What can I say...we like change...

With that said, IMO...the Red and Black attack...and...the second incarnation of the black and gray site were both the quintessential site skins...

Not that I don't like the new...especially coming off the purple gayness...but IMO...it's not as good as the heydey...of course...I've become an old, crotchety bastard...so I likely wouldn't like anything new...

I myself prefer the old school gray background with yellow lettering we had before the site crash...

ZahZoo
10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Nice work... it's not the fastest board on the net, but it's near normal performance now.

Next go round... just avoid engaging the San Francisco - Queer Eye for the Board Design guy and we can avoid all this mess.

GAR
10-29-2010, 01:56 PM
If you have a problem with Mez take it PM please, he worked very hard on regaining respect and I doubt server issues had anything to do with him.

He just coordinated the impossible, and that should earn our respect. He's not a DBA.

ZahZoo
10-30-2010, 01:51 PM
If you have a problem with Mez take it PM please, he worked very hard on regaining respect and I doubt server issues had anything to do with him.

He just coordinated the impossible, and that should earn our respect. He's not a DBA.

Only you would demand appreciation for another loser's failure...

coordinated the impossible Right... he's somehow been successful in persuading Sarge that he's a value add to this online community. Yet the only results in improving this site have been a significant loss of content in a failed attempt to improve performance... a caustic attitude toward the members and long time leadership of this board that's done more to drive away membership than attract it. Now add a failed upgrade... sorry... but in good business you don't hire the CEO who previously tanked your business and naively expect better results.

Harsh... probably, but it's my candid observation. Take it, leave it or tell me to fuck off. Don't change my opinion.

There's one attribute that you hold over Mezro, Gar. You only trump him in the consistent degradation department over a long haul... But at least he's polite enough to leave the site for extended periods...

GAR
10-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Mezro's funny. What do you bring to the table, Margaret?

Anonymous
10-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Mezro's funny. What do you bring to the table, Margaret?

First, you are NOT at this table. You're at the feet of the table looking up with begging eyes. The only attention you get is a kick in the chin now & again, yet you keep coming back.

Second, ORZEM already dispelled the myth that he's gay, so you're wasting your time.

Mezro
10-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Right... he's somehow been successful in persuading Sarge that he's a value add to this online community. Yet the only results in improving this site have been a significant loss of content in a failed attempt to improve performance... a caustic attitude toward the members and long time leadership of this board that's done more to drive away membership than attract it. Now add a failed upgrade... sorry... but in good business you don't hire the CEO who previously tanked your business and naively expect better results.

Harsh... probably, but it's my candid observation. Take it, leave it or tell me to fuck off. Don't change my opinion.

There's one attribute that you hold over Mezro, Gar. You only trump him in the consistent degradation department over a long haul... But at least he's polite enough to leave the site for extended periods...

I respect your opinion ZahZoo, but I am not really sure how a server/bandwidth issue equates the new design being a failure. It was up and running for 6/7 weeks. I did suggest when it was launched that a vBulletin upgrade be installed to help with performance issues. Not sure if that was done. Unfortunately, there were many issues with this site before the new design and vBulletin isn't exactly the most stable thing on the planet. Sarge emailed me a few days ago and plans on sorting out the server problem and turning back on the new design. When he plans on doing that, I have no clue and plans can change. I am sure he will pop up and tell you guys what he is going to do.

Mezro...as for your personal issues with me, I sent you a message if you are interested in resolving them...

GAR
10-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Thread Information