X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dysfunction
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Gene Simmons says VH BIGGER WITH SAMMY

In a new article from Billboard, Gene Simmons answers a question posted about replacing Ace and says something about VH. Here is the dialogue:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Q: How do you respond to people who say the band isn't really Kiss unless it consists of the original members: you, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss?

A: I used to believe that.

Any rules we have for the band are rules we decide for ourselves. There are lots of bands that have lost members who people might have thought were irreplaceable, but the bands got replacements and the bands got bigger: AC/DC, Van Halen, the Rolling Stones, the Who.

He is a fuckin genius.

• rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Yeah, and he said none of the solo records had any hits. "New York Groove" was top ten. He's a fucking liar. You a fan of liars bro? Seems that way. Pedal your ass outta main.

Comment

• hotdog@ a shake
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

I still wanna know how certain people still think that VH is bigger with spam...

go to there website and check there stats for album sales...proof is in the pudding for the blind dick snots who love that blob Hagar!!! LOL

you want Classic VH? you go with Roth Halen.

you want velveeta pop power ballads? you go to the ched coksucker!!!

Gene has got alot to talk about anyway...that dumbass hasn't done anything significant in 20 years himself!

Comment

• NathanRay
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2004

Gene Can Take His Gay Ass Tongue and Toss Sammy's Salad
        "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
        Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
        Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• dysfunction
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
          Yeah, and he said none of the solo records had any hits.
          He meant there weren't any hits that DLR actually wrote, not covered.

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

KISS solo records. I was referring to those. Dave didn't cover "New York Groove".

Comment

• thefive

In Dave's book he says that Gene was trying to break up the band before the band made its first album. Calling Eddie all the time asking Ed to make up new solos and riffs for Kiss.

So fuck Ugly Gene. I cannot believe Shannon Tweed is with that guy.
              I know I know its $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Or his tongue......
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Gene is a salesman first.
                  He's going to say whatever he has to to get you to give him more dinero.

If you bite on his bait you're a sucker.
                  So the Who were bigger with Kenny Jones????

Be a gene sheep if you want. Let him tell you how to think. Baaaa

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I think he should only open his mouth when he is onstage..
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Coyote
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Gene can go fuck himself with that bass of his...
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

I met Gene on the "Hot In The Shade" tour. I won tickets and was put in a drawing for backstage passes. Won those too. So I went.

Someone said, "Hey Gene stick out your tongue!"

Gene's response, "No. The floor's too dirty."

Cocksucker extrordinaire.
                        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Mar 2004

Gene's just trying to justify himself here. He's gotta make you believe Kiss is whatever he tells you it is.

He and Madonna are some of the greatest salespeople of our times. Marketing at it's slickest. Watch and learn, but don't drink the water.
                          "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                          "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• lms
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

Gene is like most other people. They say shit to have something to say. God gave me ears to hear and a brain to make decisions about what I hear. Van Halen with David Lee Roth is Van Halen. Accept no imitations. I even like a few Hagar era tunes. I have the utmost respect for Ed, Al and Mike (or at least I did have till this last reunion), but there is no comparision. When I was young, I even liked a few songs from the Bay City Rollers. That doesn't make them the equivilant of Van Halen. One hit wonders are not Hall of Fame material.
                            "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

lms...Cool. An honest opinion is always a good thing...

It's like Dave said, "I don't need so much to remember. That's how it is when you tell the truth."
                              I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

Working...