PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular music opinions

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Badguy
10-22-2010, 04:34 AM
Post yours here.

I'll start.

Metallica and U2 both suck, and I don't "get" either of them. Never have. Metallica are a bunch of phoneys and U2 never made a decent record.

GreenBayLA
10-22-2010, 05:52 AM
I prefer Diver Down to 1984.
I prefer Rock in a Hard Place to Done With Mirrors.
I don't like The Clash, Elvis Costello or Patti Smith. I didn't like em then and I haven't come to appreciate them over time. But Justin Bieber is the shit!

SilvioDante
10-22-2010, 05:59 AM
I hate the Doors.
Jimi Hendrix is the most over rated guitarist of all time.
I think the Rolling Stones are over rated.
Punk music sucks.
Nirvana sucks.
I hate modern metal.

sadaist
10-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Unpopular huh? OK.

I think Ratt is a better band than Guns & Roses.

I Don't like anything about Zakk Wylde.

1984 is my favorite Van Halen album.

I really like Def Leppards Hysteria...their 2nd best in my opinion behind Pyromania.

I really only liked Dio's first two solo albums....yet I hate Vivian Campbell.

And I've always wanted to fuck Cindi Lauper.

Seshmeister
10-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Post yours here.

I'll start.

Metallica and U2 both suck, and I don't "get" either of them. Never have. Metallica are a bunch of phoneys and U2 never made a decent record.

I think U2 are actually better than Metallica and I'm not a fan of U2.

Metallica to me are complete shit. I don't get it from any angle. Their songs are mindless shitty versions of the kind of nonsense a thousand 17 year old NWOBHM bands would have come up with in their parents house in 1981 - at best.

And of course technically speaking they are the Poison of heavy metal, even after all these years.

In fact CC Deville is a far better guitarist than that retarded geeky looking fuck. He should go back to driving the bus on the Simpsons.

The drummer needs a good kick in the face for being an annoying prick and what they describe as a singer whines like a teenage emo with haemorrhoids and is a self absorbed talent vacuum.

Morally though at least Metallica didn't build their entire career on the deaths of starving children in Africa so overall it's about even.

Seshmeister
10-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Unpopular huh? OK.

I think Ratt is a better band than Guns & Roses.

I Don't like anything about Zakk Wylde.

1984 is my favorite Van Halen album.

I really like Def Leppards Hysteria...their 2nd best in my opinion behind Pyromania.

I really only liked Dio's first two solo albums....yet I hate Vivian Campbell.

And I've always wanted to fuck Cindi Lauper.

Is this unpopular?

I'm not sure about Lauper right enough... :)

Von Halen
10-22-2010, 07:16 AM
I fucking HATE The Beatles!

Grant
10-22-2010, 08:18 AM
I can't stand U2 either and think Bono is a wanker.

Michael Stipe seems like a disturbed human being.

I prefer Pet Shop Boys' version of 'Always On My Mind', than Elvis's.

The Beatles' White Album is overrated.

I think Michael Buble is exceptionally talented.

ELVIS
10-22-2010, 08:31 AM
And of course technically speaking they are the Poison of heavy metal, even after all these years.

In fact CC Deville is a far better guitarist than that retarded geeky looking fuck.

Shirley, you can't be serious...

chefcraig
10-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is the finest album ever made.

Every so-called guitar hero not named Jeff Beck working in the rock field (of any era) can be handed his lunch, his hat and ultimately his ass by just about any average country picker leaning against a bar stool.

The best hard rock guitar solo ever recorded was played by an unknown named Tony Peluso and included on a Carpenters single ("Goodbye To Love") sometime in 1972.

Any garage band can for one evening be the world's greatest rock and roll band.

Metallica are posers and have no more validity as artists than the Jonas Brothers.

Milli Vanilli, the Spice Girls and Right Said Fred have created more memorable tunes than Genesis since Peter Gabriel left.

After Freddie Mercury died, the only singer on the planet to replace him in Queen should have been George Michael.

At one time, R.E.M and Husker Du were the best bands ever. Then R.E.M. released their fourth album, and Husker Du broke up.

Eric Clapton knows only one guitar solo and has been playing it over and over since 1965.

Gibson guitars suck.

sadaist
10-22-2010, 09:04 AM

I 99% concur. I like only a small handful of songs, the top being one by Sir Paul all by himself....so isn't really a Beatles song. (Yesterday)

FORD
10-22-2010, 11:19 AM
The Monkees were more of an actual band than Steely Dan ever was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Dg_mTUo9s

Nitro Express
10-22-2010, 11:30 AM

Even when I was a little kid in Kindergarten in 71, I liked the Rolling Stones better. I even had Rolling Stones and STP stickers on my Schwinn Stingray then.

Nitro Express
10-22-2010, 11:42 AM
I hate the Who's Tommy. Tried to like it but never could force myself to like it.
I hate Stairway to Heaven.
I hate Bono and would love to shove Sting up his ass and drag the whole mess 20 miles behind a pickup truck.
Eric Clapton has always been over rated.

Nitro Express
10-22-2010, 11:42 AM
I hate the Who's Tommy. Tried to like it but never could force myself to like it.
I hate Stairway to Heaven.
I hate Bono and would love to shove Sting up his ass and drag the whole mess 20 miles behind a pickup truck.
Eric Clapton has always been over rated.

Unchainme
10-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Agreed with the overall take on Metallica

I recall a story they told bragging about calling out Motley Crue in LA, and them running away like pussies following Vince and Nikki Sixx and co about to wail on their asses.

Motley Crue, I believe is miles better than Metallica.

Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and STP are better than Nirvana and

Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony, Jay-Z and Eminem, have made better records since 1995 than anything rock and roll has released.

U2's best album and era was "Achtung Baby".

Rolling Stone is a shit magazine, that does a diservice to rock and roll by not focusing on music and having an overall sort of hipster tone to it all.

Sully from Godsmack or Wes from Puddle of Mudd would have been great as lead singers for Alice in Chains right now,

Mr Badguy
10-22-2010, 12:09 PM
"Sonic Boom" is one of the best Ki$$ albums EVER.

Jimmy Page has done jack shit since 1979.

I don't want a new Sabbath album featuring Ozzy Osbourne.

sadaist
10-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't really care for Dark Side Of The Moon. Blasphemous right? Fuck it. Just don't like it. I love The Wall though.

lesfunk
10-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Vernon Reid is a shitty, tasteless guitarist. Wait.. that's the truth...

Nickdfresh
10-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Morally though at least Metallica didn't build their entire career on the deaths of starving children in Africa so overall it's about even.

To be fair, I don't think U2 actually built their career off starving children to death in Africa. In fact, they took quite a bit of flak for it after being indicted by the Hague Court for war crimes...

Von Halen
10-24-2010, 10:32 PM
"Sonic Boom" is one of the best Ki$$ albums EVER.

Did you call in to the Eddie Trunk show on Sirius last week? lol.

Diamondjimi
10-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Every so-called guitar hero not named Jeff Beck working in the rock field (of any era) can be handed his lunch, his hat and ultimately his ass by just about any average country picker leaning against a bar stool.

:lol:

The best hard rock guitar solo ever recorded was played by an unknown named Tony Peluso and included on a Carpenters single ("Goodbye To Love") sometime in 1972.

Excellent solo. Perfect.
Tony died this past June.
R.I.P.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65A09L20100611

Any garage band can for one evening be the world's greatest rock and roll band.

The Stones have proven that theory.

Metallica are posers and have no more validity as artists than the Jonas Brothers.

Metallica died with Cliff Burton , imo...

Milli Vanilli, the Spice Girls and Right Said Fred have created more memorable tunes than Genesis since Peter Gabriel left.

All the "artists" you named suck moose coch!

After Freddie Mercury died, the only singer on the planet to replace him in Queen should have been George Michael.

Gotta agree there...

Eric Clapton knows only one guitar solo and has been playing it over and over since 1965.

Clapton blows...
Those brain dead fucks who would spray "Clapton is God" obviously never heard of Jeff Beck! :cato:

Gibson guitars suck.

Mmm, nope! :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
10-25-2010, 12:13 AM

Here's a prime example. Even if your not a Glen Campbell fan, ya gotta give it up for his chops... (1:10)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DsqDc3cy7w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DsqDc3cy7w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nitro Express
10-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Back when country music was country music and not a bad, cheesey imitation of rock music.

Nitro Express
10-25-2010, 12:41 AM
I never liked Jump. There are far better songs on the 1984 album.

sadaist
10-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Metallica died with Cliff Burton , imo...

I used to think that too. Although Justice... was a good album. But honestly I don't think it was Cliffs passing that changed them. It was the money & fame. They went from being a brotherhood of guys drinking & partying together in tour buses & hotels...to millionaires traveling separately & drinking champagne, then going home to wives & kids.

Now when I see them, they are actors. Acting like metal guys when they play that classic stuff.

Happens to most successful bands. The best music output is from the days they all shared apartments, hotels & tour buses.

Seshmeister
10-25-2010, 05:27 AM

Just looked it up on YouTube and I'm confused. :)

Mr Badguy
10-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Steve Vai has recorded fuck all worth hearing more than once since 1990.

Seshmeister
10-25-2010, 09:31 AM
I know where you are coming from but the first half of Sex & Religion is quite good.

Nitro Express
10-25-2010, 11:02 AM
I used to think that too. Although Justice... was a good album. But honestly I don't think it was Cliffs passing that changed them. It was the money & fame. They went from being a brotherhood of guys drinking & partying together in tour buses & hotels...to millionaires traveling separately & drinking champagne, then going home to wives & kids.

Now when I see them, they are actors. Acting like metal guys when they play that classic stuff.

Happens to most successful bands. The best music output is from the days they all shared apartments, hotels & tour buses.

Their singer admitted this. James Hatwhateverhisnameis said it's hard to be pissed off when you are laying by the pool in the sun behind a multimillion dollar home. It's easier to write piss and vinegar when you are living in shit and desperate.

binnie
10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
The Beatles were The Backstreet Boys of the 1960s.

Judas Priest should never make another album

Coyote
10-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't get Jeff Buckley.
I can't wrap my head around "the genius" of John Mayer, Jay-Z, or anyone who's been called a "genius" during the last ten years.
I can't stand death metal, or any form of "metal".
(Pantera's the only representative of "metal" in my collection, but that's only 'cause Dime was a killer guitarist. And that little parallel with =VH=...)
I sure as fuck don't understand how this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMXtZq3Peo) is better music for dancing than this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlAop6SyLI)?

And who the fuck is Justin Bieber, and why the fuck should I care 'bout him?

What am I showing here, my age or my taste? :D

Unchainme
10-25-2010, 01:00 PM
In regards to Coyote's statement, I have little patience for the death growl vocals. I just don't understand it, as near amazing in a group like that, and almost seems like a cheap way out, I more so respect someone who sings where you could understand the lyrics and have a little bit of range and has some personality.

It's rather sad, because in a lot of those groups there are some decent guitar players, though at the same time, a lot of them just seem to be Joe Satriani wannabes.

Nu-Metal is another thing I cannot stand, and the fact that fucking disturbed gets as much airplay as they do on the local rock stations here really makes me scratch my head. Their lyrics...are..whiny and very shallow, their vocalist can't sing worth a shit and has the personality of a dead moth, and the songs are very cookie-cutter, with no solo. Total buzzkill too with how those stations are set up, as you'll click over and here "Panama" or an actual good song, and you'll crank it up...and then suddenly you hear that shit after it?

Dave's Bitch
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I hate the Doors.
Jimi Hendrix is the most over rated guitarist of all time.
I think the Rolling Stones are over rated.
Punk music sucks.
Nirvana sucks.
I hate modern metal.

all of the above,also

Kiss's 80's stuff is amazing
Sonic Boom is a fantastic album
Never really dug Led Zep
I also really like Def Leppards Hysteria
Iron Maiden need to hang it up
Judas Priest are better than maiden
Velvet Revolver suck
Alice Cooper is better than black sabbath
Dio was better in sabbath than ozzy
Guns N Roses hands down,best band in history

FORD
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Back when country music was country music and not a bad, cheesey imitation of rock music.

Except for the fact that Glenn Campbell was a California studio musician before he became a country singer. He was even a temporary Beach Boy for a while, and reportedly played guitar on some of the Monkees' earlier stuff. And songs like "Rhinestone Cowboy" are damn near Hagar-level cheesy. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vro4_rvarbI

chefcraig
10-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Except for the fact that Glenn Campbell was a California studio musician before he became a country singer. He was even a temporary Beach Boy for a while, and reportedly played guitar on some of the Monkees' earlier stuff. And songs like "Rhinestone Cowboy" are damn near Hagar-level cheesy. :biggrin:

While it's true that Campbell was a session musician, before that he toured the country circuit in the southeastern U.S. during the fifties. Yes, he played bass on the Champs' "Tequila" and was a member of the Wrecking Crew, but you have to remember that for as much piffle that he recorded with that outfit, he also recorded some hard edged country stuff for heavy hitters like Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, and Johnny Cash.

ODShowtime
10-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Bruce Springsteen sucks and is worthless.

Terry
10-25-2010, 08:12 PM
I want "Van Halen" to hang it up and call it a day.

I have little to no use for Metallica.

I have little to no use for the Beatles.

Truth be told, Ozzy's last decent album was Diary of a Madman: everything ever since has been a case a slow-but-steadily diminishing returns.

Eric Clapton has ALWAYS been WAY overrated (yes, that includes when he was in Cream, too).

Rolling Stones haven't been worth a damn since 1982.

Bob_R
10-25-2010, 09:11 PM
The Beatles were The Backstreet Boys of the 1960s.

:yikes:

Yeah, I'm sure I Am The Walrus, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, and Strawberry Fields were their inspiration.

Judas Priest should never make another album

Judas Priest should have NEVER made an album to begin with.

ashstralia
10-26-2010, 06:55 AM
(prepares for pounding)

richie sambora is one of the greatest singer/songwriter/guitarists of all time

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Is your favourite movie Priscilla Queen of the Desert? :)

Mr Badguy
10-26-2010, 01:16 PM
You're right, Sesh.

"Sex and religion" was pretty good.

However, 40 minutes in 20 years is a shitty return.

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I never said 40 minutes, probably closer to 25. Once all those pig sounds start on the second side I have to turn it off. :)

Saw it live too and it didn't work but that was maybe due to 'support band' sound.

WACF
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
I never said 40 minutes, probably closer to 25. Once all those pig sounds start on the second side I have to turn it off. :)

Saw it live too and it didn't work but that was maybe due to 'support band' sound.

What were Townsends vocals like live back then?

I saw him with Strapping young lad and at times it was good...and at times unbearable.

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah that's how I remember it too.

They were supporting Aeroballad and the sound was really bad. Really loud messy horrible and with that kind of ambitious music it wasn't good.

Maybe not helped by me pushing my way down near the front.

Highlight of the show was 'For the Love of God' which is coincidently what I was thinking for most of their set...

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Of course no problem with the Aerosmith sound but then that was probably coming straight out a tape deck so simpler for the sound guy...

78/84 guy
10-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Top this. I think 5150 is a great album. I love the first Montrose album, Standing Hampton and there was another in there with lips on the cover right after Standing Hampton. I hate And Justice for All. except One. Love Tom T. Hall (Most of his tunes involve beer drinking). And think Zeppelin is ten times the band the Beatles were because they had better taste in women !!!! Not sure that one counts.

chefcraig
10-26-2010, 07:40 PM
And think Zeppelin is ten times the band the Beatles were because they had better taste in women !!!!

Don't you mean better taste in under-aged girls? :yikes:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8503/ledzep3.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/ledzep3.jpg/)

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3826/ledzep5.jpg (http://img818.imageshack.us/i/ledzep5.jpg/)

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7637/ledzep2.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/ledzep2.jpg/)

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 08:00 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/applause.gif

chefcraig
10-26-2010, 08:10 PM
I particularly liked the picture of John Paul Jones cutting up his dates' steak for her.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-26-2010, 08:30 PM
i thought he was choppin' lines

Mr Badguy
10-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah that's how I remember it too.

They were supporting Aeroballad and the sound was really bad. Really loud messy horrible and with that kind of ambitious music it wasn't good.

Maybe not helped by me pushing my way down near the front.

Highlight of the show was 'For the Love of God' which is coincidently what I was thinking for most of their set...

I was at that same gig.

Got deafened by Vai for about 5 minutes then went for a pint.

Probably not his fault, more like Tyler told the sound guy to fuck him up.

Vai was wearing a dress if I remember rightly.

78/84 guy
10-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I particularly liked the picture of John Paul Jones cutting up his dates' steak for her.

That shit's funny !!

78/84 guy
10-27-2010, 07:30 PM
i thought he was choppin' lines

That shit's funnier !!

Mr. Vengeance
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Some have been said but...

U2 SUCKS SHIT!
Bruce Springsteen is boring as hell.
I'd rather listen to Poison than Nirvana.
John Denver's songs are better than 99% of the shit being made today.
Do Ya Think I'm Sexy is Rod Stewart's best song!
Rush are horrid and boring and don't ever belong in the Hall of Fame.

SparkieD
10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
100% of The Beatles catalog is nauseating.

Bruce Springsteen sounds like a constipated wood rat.

Ripper Owens is better than Halford.

Priest AND Maiden should call it a day.

Rage Against the Machine suck ass and Tom Morello is a no-talent hack.

Slash is a widdly-diddly jackass.

The best thing that ever happened to Dave Mustaine is getting the boot outta Metallica.

A hot poker in my ears is more appealing than ever hearing most Zeppelin again.

Michael Anthony can go fuck himself. I could not possibly give less of a shit who plays bass for Van Halen as long as Dave's back.

Diamondjimi
10-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Rush are horrid and boring and don't ever belong in the Hall of Fame.

Blaspheme!!!

I'm having your deportation papers prepared asap!

ashstralia
10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
iron maiden are the best metal band ever.

SparkieD
10-27-2010, 10:00 PM
iron maiden are the best metal band ever.

Yes, they absomotherfuckinglutely are, but The Final Frontier sucks.

Von Halen
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
100% of The Beatles catalog is nauseating.

Bruce Springsteen sounds like a constipated wood rat.

Ripper Owens is better than Halford.

Rage Against the Machine suck ass and Tom Morello is a no-talent hack.

The best thing that ever happened to Dave Mustaine is getting the boot outta Metallica.

Michael Anthony can go fuck himself. I could not possibly give less of a shit who plays bass for Van Halen as long as Dave's back.

Yes!

VH should hang it up too!

All I want is Oakland '81! Or a real copy of the US Festival! Or Argentina! Or...

Terry
10-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, they absomotherfuckinglutely are, but The Final Frontier sucks.

My interest began to wane right around the Somewhere In Time album, and stopped altogether after Seventh Son.

However, Maiden had that trifecta of incredible albums (Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave)...just incredible.

Seshmeister
10-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Iron Maiden went to shit when Clive Burr left.

FORD
10-27-2010, 11:12 PM
The 77's did this song better than Zeppelin......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl62kgpgSpY

Mr. Vengeance
10-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Blaspheme!!!

I'm having your deportation papers prepared asap!

Sorry..I hate 'em. Lots of other Canucks do as well. They lick the sweat off a dead man's balls.

But this is the unpopular music opinions thread.

Mr. Vengeance
10-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Hair metal kicks the ass of the fucking grunge movement that allegedly killed it.
No one really wants a Pink Floyd reunion.

FORD
10-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Hair metal kicks the ass of the fucking grunge movement that allegedly killed it.
No one really wants a Pink Floyd reunion.

OK, now those aren't "unpopular opinions", they're delusional. ;)

Diamondjimi
10-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Yngwie Malmsteen's best album is Alctrazz- No Parole From Rock And Roll

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Jake E Lee was the best guitarist Ozzy ever had.

Solo at 3:20...

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwiUgHk6atU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwiUgHk6atU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

ELVIS
10-28-2010, 08:54 AM
I just realized that song is canned Forever...:biggrin:

Good live ozzy vocals...

:elvis:

Jagermeister
10-28-2010, 08:59 AM

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwiUgHk6atU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwiUgHk6atU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

After Randy of course. :umm:

chefcraig
10-28-2010, 09:46 AM
After Randy of course. :umm:

Yeah, but without Iommi, Osbourne would be...

BITEYOASS
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
The first two Def Leppard albums were their best work. Pyromania and Hysteria were total shite (intentional misspelling with a word commonly used in the DUMP)!

Nitro Express
10-28-2010, 11:28 AM
100% of the beatles catalog is nauseating.

Bruce springsteen sounds like a constipated wood rat.

Ripper owens is better than halford.

Priest and maiden should call it a day.

Rage against the machine suck ass and tom morello is a no-talent hack.

Slash is a widdly-diddly jackass.

The best thing that ever happened to dave mustaine is getting the boot outta metallica.

A hot poker in my ears is more appealing than ever hearing most zeppelin again.

Michael anthony can go fuck himself. I could not possibly give less of a shit who plays bass for van halen as long as dave's back.

rotflmfao!

Nitro Express
10-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Carlos Santana is great for one song but then after that all the songs sound the same.

Britney Spears was fuckable. Lady Gaga is not.

We should load Madonna in a rocket and launch her into outer space. The 80's was a long time ago.

The ticket prices are too damn high.

Most music made today isn't worth stealing for free.

twonabomber
10-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Randy Rhoads...just another guitar player whose "greatness" is overly inflated due to his early death.

Jethro Tull is not as influential as Mr. Walker thinks they are. :D

twonabomber
10-28-2010, 11:38 AM
The ticket prices are too damn high.

Most music made today isn't worth stealing for free.

those are unpopular opinions?

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 11:42 AM

Good live ozzy vocals...

In Europe it was Forever but in the US Journey to blah blah.

Not sure why, read somewhere it was to do with a Y&T song having the same name but that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but without Iommi, Osbourne would be...

I said best guitarist, not best writer, most influential, best at starting your career or even best person to share a light aircraft with.

twonabomber
10-28-2010, 11:47 AM
"Sex and religion" was pretty good.

i didn't like Vai's tone on that and i didn't think much of the vocals, either.

Kristy
10-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Um, quit selling out dead rock stars with endless amounts of "re-issues" "re-masters" or "unforeseen footage" of their previous accomplishments. Yesterday, it was Hendrix, today it's John Lennon.

FORD
10-28-2010, 01:20 PM

Good live ozzy vocals...

Ozzy almost sounds sober there. Must have been shortly after one of his rehab stints. :biggrin:

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 01:32 PM
We should load Madonna in a rocket and launch her into outer space. The 80's was a long time ago.

If Madonna isn't relevant any more, where does that leave Van Halen...?

twonabomber
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Madonna's pop stuff became much better after she took singing lessons for the Evita flick.

that's gotta be an unpopular opinion...

ThrillsNSpills
10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Coyote;1495377]
And who the fuck is Justin Bieber, and why the fuck should I care 'bout him?

He's a kid who is good at collecting a bottle to the noggin on stage, and that in itself is damn fine entertainment.

ThrillsNSpills
10-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Madonna's pop stuff became much better after she took singing lessons for the Evita flick.

that's gotta be an unpopular opinion...

actually you're right.

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Very odd thing with Madonna is she seems to be able to sing fine live when she's dancing but when she stops and talks to the crowd she's panting out of breath.

Funny that...

chefcraig
10-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Very odd thing with Madonna is she seems to be able to sing fine live when she's dancing but when she stops and talks to the crowd she's panting out of breath.

Funny that...

Not really, as I read somewhere that she breathes through her nose or at times not at all when she sings. Apparently she learned this mastery of breathing while taking Deep Throat lessons for a stag film before she got famous. At least that's how I remember the story. After all , it was the eighties.

ThrillsNSpills
10-28-2010, 03:07 PM
The first two Def Leppard albums were their best work. Pyromania and Hysteria were total shite (intentional misspelling with a word commonly used in the DUMP)!

absolutely. Much more raw.

it's good to see others who see Metalica as shit. The only time I liked them is when I saw Cliff play, and their job on the Mercury tribute which tells me maybe they aren't bad players, just their writing is lame. Nah, they're bad players too. :)

No ripping on Gibson guitars ! I don't like em either but the tone we got from early albums was tremendous.

Whenever I hear Michael Stipe whine through losing my whiny religion I want to shoot things. Shut up and be in the fucking corner already.

Yes Jake E Lee is terribly underrated. How could he possibly follow the first 2 Oz solo albums, the tunes alone are bombproof.

However with regard to CC Deville at least live you might catch him being incontinent onstage from too much blow, and that carries entertainment value. (how the fuck did I want Action tonight get greenlighted for a song?) demographic 8 year olds?

and yes friends, Triumph was the template for the gayest van hagar songs. funny as hell dog puppet though.

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Not really, as I read somewhere that she breathes through her nose or at times not at all when she sings. Apparently she learned this mastery of breathing while taking Deep Throat lessons for a stag film before she got famous. At least that's how I remember the story. After all , it was the eighties.

Well either she can sing without breathing or she mimes, you decide. :)

Actually this probably does count as an unpopular music opinion at this site but I quite liked Ray of Light for some reason.

chefcraig
10-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Well either she can sing without breathing or she mimes, you decide. :)

Actually this probably does count as an unpopular music opinion at this site but I quite liked Ray of Light for some reason.

It's most likely a mixture of the two. She probably has an on/off switch for the backing track to kick in whenever she needs it, hidden someplace not readily apparent. And yes, she has a couple of OK tunes, thus proving the concept that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Talking to people work big shows, standard practice these days is to have a backing track running in time from the desk and then fade it in as required. So a singer may mime the high parts or whatever. For example if Michael Jackson hadn't died he was planning to sing just 15 minutes out of his show and mime the rest.

Golden AWe
10-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Ok here's one...

I like some cheesy songs by The Cult...like "Edie"

chefcraig
10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Talking to people work big shows, standard practice these days is to have a backing track running in time from the desk and then fade it in as required. So a singer may mime the high parts or whatever. For example if Michael Jackson hadn't died he was planning to sing just 15 minutes out of his show and mime the rest.

And we all know how it can sometimes not quite work out all that well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff08y_AXXzE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfn407FRNY&feature=related

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="pageurl=http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/828/&file=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ashlee-snl.flv&mediaid=828&title=Ashlee Simpson Screw Up On SNL Lip Sync&tags=ashlee simpson,lip sync,snl&description=Ashlee caught lip syncing on SNL.&displayheight=325&backcolor=0x0d0d0d&lightoclor=0x336699&frontcolor=0xcccccc&image=http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ashlee-snl75.jpg&username=ebaum" wmode="transparent" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="425" height="345" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 04:19 PM
When the Milli Vanilli thing happened it was a scandal. Now no one seems to give a shit.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-28-2010, 04:30 PM
i was under the assumption that milvil references were a bannable offense here:biggrin:

chefcraig
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
i was under the assumption that milvil references were a bannable offense here:biggrin:

I don't see why. After all, Dave did it himself for a performance on Mexican tv some years ago. It was for a beauty contest or some damned thing.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-28-2010, 04:45 PM
dave has probably has thrown the "n-word" out there before also. the two are just as horrific and disgusting.:barf::hee:

ThrillsNSpills
10-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's
Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's Girl You Know it's

now we know why there was no live album ;)

Diamondjimi
10-28-2010, 06:40 PM

They should've gone down in a plane crash, Buddy Holly style.

Shit, they'd probably still be selling records today....

Diamondjimi
10-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't see why. After all, Dave did it himself for a performance on Mexican tv some years ago. It was for a beauty contest or some damned thing.

Nobody paid for a ticket. Big difference... ;)

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 06:43 PM
If there is no band there it doesn't count.

chefcraig
10-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Nobody paid for a ticket. Big difference... ;)

I dunno about that, but he managed to pull it off without embarrassing himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LfUfQ-DaaA

Seshmeister
10-28-2010, 07:10 PM
That's debatable... :)

Dan
10-28-2010, 07:34 PM
When the Milli Vanilli thing happened it was a scandal. Now no one seems to give a shit.

RIP Milli Vanilli.:(

chefcraig
10-28-2010, 07:58 PM
That's debatable... :)

Remember, it's an "Unpopular music opinions" thread. :baaa:

Unchainme
10-28-2010, 08:30 PM
There's another one.

I enjoy the beach boys, and respect them musically, however, Dave's version of "California Girls" is miles better than the orignal.

Mushroom
10-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Cher at age 64 is more fuckable than Madonna at age 52 but Madonna at age 27 was more fuckable than Cher at age 39

Britney Spears captivates me but I have no idea what her music sounds like

Celine Dion is annoying no matter which way you slice it, so are the Dixie Chicks

The genius of Van Halen is underrated and their influence is underestimated

Whitney Houston was stupid to marry Bobby Brown, but Bobby Brown was smart to divorce Whitney

Garth Brooks ruined "Country Music"

Dwight Yokam / Pete Anderson duo were brilliant

After 30 years, these records still sound relevant:
- Def Leppard - High and Dry
- Scorpions - Animal Magnetism
- Van Halen - Women and Children First
- Journey - Escape
- ACDC - Back in Black

After 25 years, these records sound like shit:
- Anything by Great White
- Anything by Dokken
- Anything by Night Ranger
this list gets too long

Alice in Chains kicked ass

Sublime needs to be played at every beach party

Foo Fighters have some really bad ass tunes and some really awful tunes

Elton John has written a lot of good music, but mainly due to his incredible collaboration with Bernie Taupin

Seshmeister
10-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Which parts of that post were on topic?

Mushroom
10-29-2010, 03:11 AM
so you will take my post as Fact or full of popular opinions? :biggrin:

Seshmeister
10-29-2010, 04:24 AM
About 95% of it, yes.

Celine Dion annoying? Controversial stuff indeed... :)

ashstralia
10-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Whenever I hear Michael Stipe whine through losing my whiny religion I want to shoot things. Shut up and be in the fucking corner already.

genius

ashstralia
10-29-2010, 08:45 AM
unpopular....
abba had some fucking rocking tunes.

twonabomber
10-29-2010, 12:07 PM
unpopular....
abba had some fucking rocking tunes.

i know a lot of the tough guys here will disagree...but there ain't nothin' wrong with a good pop song.

Jagermeister
10-29-2010, 12:11 PM
i know a lot of the tough guys here will disagree...but there ain't nothin' wrong with a good pop song.

I agree. I just can't think of any off hand. :biggrin:

Seshmeister
10-29-2010, 12:12 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yp7Gfvbn_Xo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yp7Gfvbn_Xo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

chefcraig
10-29-2010, 01:11 PM

I agree. I just can't think of any off hand. :biggrin:

I think the last good one I heard was "Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson from around 5 years ago, roughly the same time I stopped listening to the radio. Before that, maybe Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy".

sadaist
10-29-2010, 01:23 PM

That's just short for popular song. A song that is intended to appeal to as many possible listeners, and only last a short time. No staying power. But that's not the goal. The goal is to be catchy, popular, sell a shit load of singles, and quickly burn out while hopefully launching (or keeping) a musician relevant.

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Bon Jovi kicks ass

ThrillsNSpills
10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Bill Bruford's Gradually Going Tornado and Feels Good to Me , along with the Bruford Tapes are the best albums on the planet.

even better than Bon Jovi.

funny thing is I listened to Waterloo for the first time 2 days ago since it was released and thought the instrumentation was great.
say insulting things it's ok.

ThrillsNSpills
10-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Bon Jovi kicks ass

please I just ate. :)

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
gotta love you give love a bad name,that sopng gets me all frisky ;)

SilvioDante
10-29-2010, 03:30 PM
"Dancing Queen" is one of the best songs recorded in the rock era...

Seshmeister
10-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Jesus, is this come out Friday at the DLR Army?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/hidinghomer.gif

Mr. Vengeance
10-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Olivia Newton John is great, and offcially the oldest woman I still want to bang.

ThrillsNSpills
10-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I shoot lava out of my vagina when Journey sings that na na na na na na na na song .

chefcraig
10-29-2010, 04:04 PM
"I have a large collection of sea shells that I keep scattered on beaches all over the world." -Steven Wright

ThrillsNSpills
10-29-2010, 04:17 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VBdSqk78nHw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VBdSqk78nHw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tom Jones deserves some kind of award for getting away with singing the line I'll soon be kissing your sweet little pussy___ lips.
which in this case caused a large gal to stick to her seat @ 1:40 .

diamondsgirl
10-29-2010, 04:24 PM
The Doobie Brothers were THE most boring band ever to hit earth, followed closely by Yes.

sadaist
10-29-2010, 04:33 PM
The Doobie Brothers were THE most boring band ever to hit earth, followed closely by Yes.

You are missing one band to make the perfect snoozefest trifecta - Boston.

sadaist
10-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Bon Jovi kicks ass

Who exactly has an ass so weak that it can be kicked by Bon Jovi? Although they were great in the 80's for picking up chicks.

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Who exactly has an ass so weak that it can be kicked by Bon Jovi?

give you a clue, begins with an s and ends with hagar,but nah bon jovi is a girl thing i guess

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Axl Rose is a GREAT song writer

Dan
10-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Men At Work Were A Great Band.

Split Enz Were The Best Kiwi Band Around.

ABBA Rock.

Elton John Rocks.

Queen Without Freddie Mercury Suck Donkey Balls.:(

Axl Rose Is A Big Smelly C&*T.

Extreme Rock.:D

WhiteSnake Rock.

Dee Snider Rocks.

lesfunk
10-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Tom Jones truly kicks ass!

Kristy
10-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Tom Jones truly kicks ass!

I'll say. He did a cover of 'Black Betty' and made that trailer trash of a song even more racist.

Kristy
10-29-2010, 05:43 PM
RIP Milli Vanilli.:(

If only could be said the same of REO Speedwagon. The Brett Farves of classic rock

http://www.moondancejam.com/images/bandspage/07reospeedwagon.jpg

Mr. Vengeance
10-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Steve Miller Band is the worst live act ever.

sadaist
10-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Men At Work Were A Great Band.

Dude, I totally 100% agree. I love Men At Work. I still go see Colin Hay every couple of years play. His music is very mellow now, but very good. Just have to be in the right mood. The guy is a superb songwriter.

Mr Badguy
10-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Dude, I totally 100% agree. I love Men At Work. I still go see Colin Hay every couple of years play. His music is very mellow now, but very good. Just have to be in the right mood. The guy is a superb songwriter.

Not an opinion but a fact:

Colin Hay comes from the town I live in before he emmigrated down under.

ROCK N FUCKIN' ROLL!

Dan
10-30-2010, 02:12 AM
Not an opinion but a fact:

Colin Hay comes from the town I live in before he emmigrated down under.

ROCK N FUCKIN' ROLL!

Sweet As,Mr Badguy.:D

Dan
10-30-2010, 02:18 AM
Eddie Money Rocks.:D

Grant
10-30-2010, 02:43 AM
(prepares for pounding)

richie sambora is one of the greatest singer/songwriter/guitarists of all time

He is certainly underrated. Both Stranger In This Town and Undiscovered Soul are good albums - and rips apart anything Jon ever did solo-wise.

ashstralia
10-30-2010, 02:52 AM
hey grant, good too see ya buddy!

yes, i'm secure enough in my manhood ((huh huh, he said manhood))

to be able to admit i like a good pop song. jeez i wish i wrote 'bad romance'. the ferrari would be yellow.

Dan
10-30-2010, 03:02 AM
For My Aussie Mates,Man Of Colours Was The Best Album By IceHouse.Iva Davies Rocks.:D

ashstralia
10-30-2010, 03:07 AM
yep, great album dan me boy! how are ya?

Grant
10-30-2010, 03:07 AM
hey grant, good too see ya buddy!

yes, i'm secure enough in my manhood ((huh huh, he said manhood))

to be able to admit i like a good pop song. jeez i wish i wrote 'bad romance'. the ferrari would be yellow.

Here here...

The only pop artist that has grabbed my intention over last few years is that Gabriella Cilmi...I think she has an amazing voice...and also read somewhere she grew up singing Led Zep so she ain't all bad :)

(...and yes, I was one of those tragics who had "Sweet About Me" stuck in my head everytime I heard it)

Grant
10-30-2010, 03:13 AM
For My Aussie Mates,Man Of Colours Was The Best Album By IceHouse.Iva Davies Rocks.:D

Can't argue with that. Cheers! :)

Dan
10-30-2010, 03:13 AM
yep, great album dan me boy! how are ya?

Good Ash And Yourself?

BTW.............Buy Me Some US Dollars If You Can.:D

ashstralia
10-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Good Ash And Yourself?

BTW.............Buy Me Some US Dollars If You Can.:D

haha, good mate. and grant, the little honey is pretty rootable too!

binnie
10-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Jeeezus....

Love for Abba?

We just need someone to confess a love of the Spice Girls and we can paint the whole place pink....

Seshmeister
10-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I'll say. He did a cover of 'Black Betty' and made that trailer trash of a song even more racist.

Why do you think that song is racist?

chefcraig
10-30-2010, 09:14 AM
We just need someone to confess a love of the Spice Girls and we can paint the whole place pink....

Poor choice, friend. I mean really, have you somehow failed to noticed how spectacularly hot a couple of those ladies truly are?

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7595/spice2.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/i/spice2.jpg/)

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1545/spice3.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/spice3.jpg/)

Terry
10-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Poor choice, friend. I mean really, have you somehow failed to noticed how spectacularly hot a couple of those ladies truly are?

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7595/spice2.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/i/spice2.jpg/)

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1545/spice3.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/spice3.jpg/)

Well, yeah, but wanting to fuck them isn't the same as having to listen to their records.

ABBA came up with some great stuff, though. Would sooner listen to ABBA than Jon Bon Jerkoff.

chefcraig
10-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Well, yeah, but wanting to fuck them isn't the same as having to listen to their records.

So...new to marriage, are ya Terry? You'll be amazed in the coming years of just what you are willing to listen to (and put up with) for some relief on a Saturday evening.

ELVIS
10-30-2010, 10:35 AM

Ozzy doesn't look sober at 4:30 and that solo is more sloppy than Jimmy Page...

I still like it though...

That's carmine Appice BTW...

Seshmeister
10-30-2010, 12:10 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee43/Seshmeister/holmes.gif

The big CARMINE on his bass drum was quite a good clue... :)

ELVIS
10-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Could be the Big Ragu!

http://www.mts.net/~lmauthe1/Lori/carmpic.jpg

:biggrin:

Seshmeister
10-30-2010, 02:37 PM
It is funny that he has Carmine on the bass drum rather than Ozzy.

I guess that is a pointer to why Sharon got fed up with his outside work and sacked him.

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2010, 03:52 PM
chinese democracy was worth the wait

Seshmeister
10-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Most unpopular opnion so far... :)

Little Texan
10-30-2010, 04:12 PM
We could truly determine which are the most unpopular opinions if we had a groan button again.

GAR
10-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Any gains in negative energy milked off this piece of shit Jew-lover fansite pales in comparison to the naiivete netted off my recent YouTube comments, you poofy old milquetoast lavenders!

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2010, 04:17 PM
you know you love it sesh ;)

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2010, 04:18 PM
great,here come's GAR again...

GAR
10-30-2010, 04:23 PM
The body double that died in the crash was a roadie: Randy Rhodes dies of HIV in a Glendale hospice, in 1993 and willed everything in his estate to GLAAD-Los Angeles and Westboro Baptist Church.

Dave's Bitch
10-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Poison did a few good songs...

Little Texan
10-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Sammy Hagar is the greatest rock star that ever lived!

GAR
10-30-2010, 04:40 PM
It is not well known that although Liberace was a dazzling peinist, he also blew one mean, rusty trombone.

GAR
10-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Sammy Hagar is the greatest rock star that ever lived

I don't mean to be argumentative but Martika took that mantle away from him in 1989 so fast and easy, she turned her back on music media dismissing it as unchallenging.

Oh please, Martika! Please come back..

Unchainme
10-30-2010, 09:59 PM
It is not well known that although Liberace was a dazzling peinist, he also blew one mean, rusty trombone.

did he offer you a reach around gar?

Diamondjimi
10-31-2010, 12:44 AM
The body double that died in the crash was a roadie: Randy Rhodes dies of HIV in a Glendale hospice, in 1993 and willed everything in his estate to GLAAD-Los Angeles and Westboro Baptist Church.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q95/daylonalexander/Die-Go_try_this.jpg

GAR
10-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Coincidence? Themselves both future members of the CIA, John Hinckley and Mark David Chapman born nearly 1 month apart..

http://deskofbrian.com/wp-content/uploads/Mark-David-Chapman.jpghttp://www.n24.de/media/_fotos/bildergalerien/2008_4/attentate/Reagan_Hinckley_ap.jpg

- are credited in 1972-3 fall season as studio contributing performers (John - keyboard/synths, Mark - harmonica/asst. engr.) for Childrens' Televesion Network as interns for Public Broadcasting station WGBH Boston

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uR2xLnY-jhE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

.. so everytime you hear the Sesame Street theme "Sunny Day" - or that WGBH theme, think how close Snuffaluffagus came to being snuffed the fuck out.

Seshmeister
10-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Coincidence?

No just random garbage invented by you or someone else.

GAR
10-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Sesh, these opinions may be as unpopular with you as that last one of yours was with me, but everyone agrees Elvis Costello is the most talented rocker ever to leave the UK.

Not even you could disagree with that one.

FORD
10-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Elvis Costello also wrote a song about GAyR being born......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8JkB-OR7H4

howie
10-31-2010, 09:48 PM
I watched Poison's 2007 St Louis video tonight on HD and it was more entertaining than both of the Toronto reunion shows together...

GAR
10-31-2010, 10:33 PM
CC Deville! How could you not drop that name and consider how skillfully influential his style became - such a mainstay you can't walk past a music store and not hear SOMEBODY hacking out pieces from "Nothing But A Good Time."

But I challenge you, that vocalist from Lamb of God has such great tonal articulation, he will also influence a new school of singers - just like Freddie Mercury did - oh my he's that good. And very friendly, too.

Seshmeister
10-31-2010, 11:42 PM
a) Why do they do it?

b) How do they get away with it?

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkY4razN21k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkY4razN21k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
10-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Bon Jovi kicks ass

People say that Bon Jovi sold out.

That's not really accurate since he was a sell out to start with since his career started with his Star Wars Xmas song. I first came upon them during their 7800° Fahrenheit tour which was their rock phase.

I challenge you to watch this which went out tonight on network TV and describe it as kick ass more like massaging lube into a man's ass. For money. To get the full effect you need to watch it to the end.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/STpq5x2-r6k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/STpq5x2-r6k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

GAR
11-01-2010, 12:42 AM

That's not really accurate since he was a sell out to start with since his career started

You can't really say THAT about Bon Jovi here, that would be teh popular opinion.

But damn, if that wasn't one of the most touching artist-participation episodes to date. I wept a little actually.

GAR
11-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Is Boy George out of prison yet? I do hope he's planning to tour next year, we're lucky he's so gifted and still around.

GAR
11-01-2010, 12:49 AM
I still get butterflies thinking about my front-row-center seats to Coldplay.. if you only knew how fantastic the visuals were, how they were timed to the music.. pshawww~!! Imagine my shock at actually catching a teeshirt he tossed my way. I'll never take it out of the display case.

GAR
11-01-2010, 12:52 AM
That Rolling Stone interview earlier in the year with Green Day was so dead-on, so well written I felt as if I were there in the room like a fly on the wall.

Billie Joe Armstrong is unstoppable! I could NOT put it down 'till I read the entire thing cover-to-cover and filled out the subscription card with 2 yr checked off.

Nitro Express
11-01-2010, 01:12 AM

That's not really accurate since he was a sell out to start with since his career started with his Star Wars Xmas song. I first came upon them during their 7800° Fahrenheit tour which was their rock phase.

I challenge you to watch this which went out tonight on network TV and describe it as kick ass more like massaging lube into a man's ass. For money. To get the full effect you need to watch it to the end.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/STpq5x2-r6k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/STpq5x2-r6k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

What the hell? It's like some fucking born again church sing along before the get back to begging for more money.

GAR
11-01-2010, 01:23 AM
.. which reminds me (thanks) to log back in onto eBay so I can snipe that Tammy Faye Baker LP collection at the last minute. She's no longer with us, you know.. but her hits are always there in our hearts aren't they!

ashstralia
11-01-2010, 04:41 AM
anyways..... so far we've established:
1) the beatles, stones, led zep, rush, van hagar(obv.) all suck.

2) ABBA RULEZZZ LOLZZ!!!!!

vaijuju
11-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Elvis Costello also wrote a song about GAyR being born......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8JkB-OR7H4

I have a dlr interview with french radio , he talked about this song of costello " accidents will happen

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IJq1o1zMRT8?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IJq1o1zMRT8?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

at 5.27

ashstralia
11-01-2010, 05:16 AM
^^^^^ little known fact; there were also two interpreters signing this for the deaf in the studio that day.

one english, one french, both dressed in identical maid's outfits.

GAR
11-01-2010, 01:11 PM
If only Michael Stipe had lived in San Gabriel Valley, renting and loaning his PA system to friends, we would have had TWICE the number of even greater real Van Halen hits than we have today.

http://thegoodparts.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/9-anton-corbijn-rem-michael-stipe.jpg

He's got just as hairy a chest as Dave you know :sigh:

GAR
11-01-2010, 01:31 PM
That's probably my most genius post ever posted on any music board, I'm serious!

Unchainme
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
GAR quit spamming this thread.

GAR
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Are you going to provide an unpopular musical opinion, or what?

78/84 guy
11-01-2010, 07:09 PM

Amazing that people can get off the subject around here isn't it ???

GAR
11-02-2010, 03:35 AM
That opinion is very unpopular with me, and it's a non-musical one.

Please follow the subject of topic in this thread. Please.

TFM_Dale
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Billy Squire is a million times better then Springsteen, hell, Steve Winwood is better then fucking Springsteen. I am glad grunge killed hair bands, they all sucked dick anyway, and someone should do us all a favor and run the nickelback bus off a cliff and film the fucker burning.

Dan
11-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Nickelback Rock.:D

ashstralia
11-02-2010, 07:40 PM

i think 'the elder' is a great album. yes, i'm serious.

Mr Badguy
11-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Ozzy should have been on the plane in '82.

His posthumous stock would be bigger than Elvis and Hendrix and we would never have heard of Sharon.

No wait, that opinion will never be classed "unpopular".

Dan
11-06-2010, 02:17 AM
Dr Hook Rock.:D

ashstralia
11-06-2010, 06:52 AM
i'm just a boy, too young to be sailiiiiiiiinnnng

Seshmeister
11-06-2010, 07:49 AM
i think 'the elder' is a great album. yes, i'm serious.

We have a winner!

Hah I think their 'good' stuff is shit never mind 'The Elder'. :)

ashstralia
11-06-2010, 08:07 AM
it's a brilliant album. great songs, great guitar, don't care who did or didn't play on it, just sounds good.

Seshmeister
11-06-2010, 08:20 AM
In your opinion better or worse than the soundtrack to Mama Mia!?

ashstralia
11-06-2010, 09:10 AM
clearly, classic abba is besh, sest.. cabba?

Mr Badguy
11-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Deep Purple should have never reformed.

They were legends on a par with Led Zeppelin until they did.

chefcraig
11-06-2010, 10:13 AM

Yep, in a rare moment of clarity and coherence, Def Leppard's Joe Elliot said pretty much the same thing around the time Purple reformed. Essentially, he stated that the illusion of a legendary band was lost, and the myth was replaced by a disappointing reality. Things really went south when Gillan left and was replaced by the insufferable Joe Lynn Turner, a man proven time and again to be roughly as sharp as a marble.

Terry
11-06-2010, 10:47 AM

I think Perfect Strangers is right up there with the best of anything they ever did.

In fact, far as reunions overall go, the DP MK2 lineup reunion of 1984-1985 was probably one of the very few rock band reunions where all the definitive members of a lineup participated, were able to create new music worthy of their past and could still bring it live.

House Of Blue Light was dodgy, and after that it was certainly a case of diminishing returns.

ELVIS
11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Yngwie Malmsteen could kick Edward Van Halen's ass ANY DAY !!!

Nitro Express
11-06-2010, 11:38 AM
The 80's glam hair bands all sucked. They all were posers trying to copy David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen.

George Lynch is boring.

The only real dead no bullshit rocker left on the planet is Lemmy.

Nitro Express
11-06-2010, 11:40 AM

In what? An ice cream eating contest?

chefcraig
11-06-2010, 11:51 AM
In what? An ice cream eating contest?

Nope, donuts.

ashstralia
11-06-2010, 11:52 PM
I think Perfect Strangers is right up there with the best of anything they ever did.

In fact, far as reunions overall go, the DP MK2 lineup reunion of 1984-1985 was probably one of the very few rock band reunions where all the definitive members of a lineup participated, were able to create new music worthy of their past and could still bring it live.

saw them on that tour... they were awesome.

GAR
11-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Alas my jealousy obscured me from the truth at the time, but if the Osmonds weren't preoccupied with their duties in the Mormon Church, we could have had an American Bee Gees with all that collective talent - and I sure would have taken note of that on the dancefloor!

GAR
11-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Lamb Of God lyrics usually instill within me deep philosophical introspection causing me to reason the day away in poetic solitude as I skip off to market rejuvenatedly plucking daisies and other people's earlobes along the way.

Satan
11-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Alas my jealousy obscured me from the truth at the time, but if the Osmonds weren't preoccupied with their duties in the Mormon Church, we could have had an American Bee Gees with all that collective talent - and I sure would have taken note of that on the dancefloor!

Well, since this IS the unpopular music opinions thread, let me throw this out there.....

"Crazy Horses" actually kinda rocked. Praise Elohim!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNnDpIW918

Unchainme
11-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I can't help but think one think anytime I see guitarists, bassists and drummers in some of these lame no-talent pop singers that appear on SNL, that they in fact were like these kids that wanted to be in a Rock Band when they grew up probably big fans of Van Halen, Pantera, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, what have you. And have some talent in that regard...but they discover that sort of music is no longer being signed by the lame asses in corporate suits, and that the only chance they have is getting a gig is to be Avril Lavigne's guitarist.

do you guys feel I'm incorrect on that?

Satan
11-07-2010, 12:17 PM
I can't help but think one think anytime I see guitarists, bassists and drummers in some of these lame no-talent pop singers that appear on SNL, that they in fact were like these kids that wanted to be in a Rock Band when they grew up probably big fans of Van Halen, Pantera, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, what have you. And have some talent in that regard...but they discover that sort of music is no longer being signed by the lame asses in corporate suits, and that the only chance they have is getting a gig is to be Avril Lavigne's guitarist.

No, that actually happens a lot. Usually it's the musicians who refuse to sign a deal with me. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d065.gif

chefcraig
11-07-2010, 12:24 PM
No, that actually happens a lot. Usually it's the musicians who refuse to sign a deal with me. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d065.gif

Bullshit. I attempted to contact you in 1983 about brokering a deal and you never got back to me. Your HR department stinks. :tongue0011:

ThrillsNSpills
11-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Greg Howe is very respected and has made many incredible albums (he can wail like nobody's business)but still he's toured with Timberlake. He's also filled in for Jennifer Batten on a Michael Jackson tour and wore a platinum wig as a joke to look like Jennifer Batten.
Maybe the mainstream gigs finance the solo projects. I know he still gives lessons in fact I've jammed with a guy that played 6 months and took a couple lessons and came back with some great techniques.

All these guys choose their decisions obviously. Maintain artistic integrity or sell out a bit and let business people say the album's not commercial enough or whatever. Those guys are your boss if you go that route. Too many get ripped off by the companies and still they have bills to pay so who knows. I'm glad he's made the albums he has though because they're incredible but the people who do the smaller labels aren't telling a shred rocker to put sappy ballads on their discs. They know Greg Howe's not going to get radio play which is pretty tragic if you ask me.

GAR
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
.. do you guys feel I'm incorrect on that?

Who cares about being a guitarist when you can have two turntables and a microphone?

Beck's music inspired me to stop hurting myself and take up a macrame' class at Michael's. I do much better now - as M.C. Charley Chitown!

Terry
11-07-2010, 05:00 PM

On a technical level, I'd be willing to wager Malmsteen could play anything Van Halen did, whereas some of the stuff Malmsteen brought to the table Edward wouldn't have been able to play on his best day.

Fact of the matter is Ed was running scared from Yngwie in the mid-1980s. No small coincidence Ed started pursuing keyboards and fluff pop songs around the time Marching Out was released.

Diamondjimi
11-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Who cares about being a guitarist when you can have two turntables and a microphone?

Beck's music inspired me to stop hurting myself and take up a macrame' class at Michael's. I do much better now - as M.C. Charley Chitown!

Hey Pigfucker. Your attempts at humour are pathetic. :Loser:

Terry
11-07-2010, 05:03 PM

Nope. It's probably spot-on.

Musicians gotta eat, too.

The business has changed, and not for the better IMO.

Diamondjimi
11-07-2010, 05:03 PM
On a technical level, I'd be willing to wager Malmsteen could play anything Van Halen did, whereas some of the stuff Malmsteen brought to the table Edward wouldn't have been able to play on his best day.

Fact of the matter is Ed was running scared from Yngwie in the mid-1980s. No small coincidence Ed started pursuing keyboards and fluff pop songs around the time Marching Out was released.

Maybe so. But Yngwie could never pen a tune and reach as many people as Ed/CVH did.

Never has, never will...

Terry
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Maybe so. But Yngwie could never pen a tune and reach as many people as Ed/CVH did.

Never has, never will...

Agreed 100%.

kwame k
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Bullshit. I attempted to contact you in 1983 about brokering a deal and you never got back to me. Your HR department stinks. :tongue0011:

Yeah, me too! WTF????? Too many Republican souls coming your way:)

GAR
11-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Sales figures for Village People door posters never boosted the economy like they boosted my teenaged hormone levels.

kwame k
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
So you just came out of the closet then? :confused13:

jhale667
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
So you just came out of the closet then? :confused13:

It'd probably be a wonderful and valid choice for him - to finally admit it to himself and the world - except for that "gay or straight he's a complete scumbag" part.

Diamondjimi
11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
GARfail is most likely Tri-sexual....

kwame k
11-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm thinking a Eunuch!

GAR
11-07-2010, 11:09 PM
It'd probably be a wonderful and valid choice for him - to finally admit it to himself and the world - except for that "gay or straight he's a complete scumbag" part.

I thought that post would be popular here!

GAR
11-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm thinking a Eunuch!

Don't do it - it's irreversible.

ashstralia
11-08-2010, 05:28 AM
still got greg howe flexirecord that has 'the pepper shake'. from gp circa 89. with billy. and that drummer guy.

awesome guitarplaying. flowing legato, accurate picking, melodious.

Seshmeister
11-08-2010, 05:49 AM
I'm thinking a Eunuch!

It is the one guaranteed way to stop baldness.

GAR
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
The best thing about learning Nickelback songs is, they're all the same song and I for one can NOT wait for the next album because I've already bought it 4 times in the past under different titles.

I hate surprises!

stringfelowhawk
11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Call me Stewart if you want but Reb Beach is extremely underrated. Cat can play.

GAR
11-09-2010, 04:49 PM
In my short life, I've come to question many things about life and society.

However I've never come so much since my recent CD - cutout ebay purchase "Paris" - why that CD didn't reach platinum status.. is just haterz conspiracy.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/32DwYTRmmto?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/32DwYTRmmto?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dave's Bitch
11-10-2010, 03:53 AM
journey had a few kick ass songs

GAR
11-10-2010, 05:41 AM
If only Black Eyed Peas could use Rob Halford as their vocalist.

I was really hoping for Monica to win on Dancing With The Stars.

Can Elton John really play "Chopsticks" on the piano with his unit?

ashstralia
11-10-2010, 08:38 PM
It is the one guaranteed way to stop baldness.

NOW ya tell me.....:)

GAR
11-11-2010, 01:50 AM
While Tay Zonday is perfectly capable of being vocalist for the band Queen for the next 30 years..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxeYXyPv6lA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxeYXyPv6lA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

- they REALLY don't have that much time, and sitting on the fence another year isn't going to do it for me.

Tay Zonday = the new Freddie Mercury, prove me wrong!

Dave's Bitch
11-11-2010, 02:26 PM
He aint got the nasty tash thing going on

GAR
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM
He's permanently stuck aged 15 years old.. he'll never achieve a stache in his lifetime..

- which is probably the reason I seriously doubt Ricky Martin is gay = no stache. If he really was, boy would I be crushed..

jhale667
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
"Disintegration" is the best album EVER!

http://cherrybombed.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/robert-smith-south-park.jpg

chefcraig
11-11-2010, 07:46 PM

Nah, Balance blows it out of the water.

jhale667
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Nah, Balance blows it out of the water.

Oh yeah...forgot about that one.

GAR
11-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Best. Rockbottom. EVER.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h9BUSGlevH8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h9BUSGlevH8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

FORD
11-11-2010, 10:32 PM
While Tay Zonday is perfectly capable of being vocalist for the band Queen for the next 30 years..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxeYXyPv6lA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxeYXyPv6lA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

- they REALLY don't have that much time, and sitting on the fence another year isn't going to do it for me.

Tay Zonday = the new Freddie Mercury, prove me wrong!

He ain't remotely like Freddie (except possibly in terms of sexual orientation). He'd be a Hell of a singer for a goth band though.

FORD
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM

http://cherrybombed.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/robert-smith-south-park.jpg

It ain't even the best Cure album ever......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS_ux2H473I