PDA

View Full Version : White Lion.

ppg960
10-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Had a listen to the new White Lion album - Fucking Garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!1
What happened to this band? Once Vito Bratta left it was totally over.

Check out Mike Tramp in the Waffen SS hat!!!!!!

Jagermeister
10-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Had a listen to the new White Lion album - Fucking Garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!1
What happened to this band? Once Vito Bratta left it was totally over.
Check out Mike Tramp in the Waffen SS hat!!!!!!

That's what happened. He was the only thing that made them interesting at all.

FORD
10-26-2010, 06:30 PM
For a while there in the late 80's they were closer to a Van Halen sound than Van Hagar was though. Mike Tramp was almost as annoying as the Chedmaster himself, but Vito made up for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpkxAB3UrI

78/84 guy
10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
I like their heavier stuff if you can call it that. Lights & Thunder was a cool tune. All of Pride was good and Mane Attraction. Big Game had a few decent tunes on it. I never cared for his voice very much but the music was strong. No interest without Vito. He was a great player. I still listen too Pride a few times a year. Another guy that needs too pack it in but can't. It's in there blood I guess.

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Mike Tramp was basically an X-Factor style contestant. The only reason he ended up in a rock band was because that happened to be in fashion when he arrived in the US.

My theory was that when they had the #1 with that horrendous abortion 'When the children cry' he was able to able to say 'told you so' to the rest of the band and then get more cringeworthy material into their albums.

Actually I think I put this theory to James Lomenzo once but I can't remember what he said as I was a bit refreshed at the time. I'm sure he did confirm that Tramp didn't like rock music.

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 07:54 PM
For a while there in the late 80's they were closer to a Van Halen sound than Van Hagar was though. Mike Tramp was almost as annoying as the Chedmaster himself, but Vito made up for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpkxAB3UrI

Never liked the look of those Steinberger headless guitars though.

If the guitar is a phallic instrument then a Steinberger was basically getting your cock out and then slicing off the bell end of it, cauterising the stump and then expecting people to look at you playing with it.

ELVIS
10-26-2010, 07:54 PM
They suck...

ppg960
10-26-2010, 08:44 PM
I've always liked Bratta's playing. The rest of the band was good too-really tight.
Tramp was/is a bit of an Enigma though.
Still can't get over the Nazi hat...wtf is he thinking??

FORD
10-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Never liked the look of those Steinberger headless guitars though.

If the guitar is a phallic instrument then a Steinberger was basically getting your cock out and then slicing off the bell end of it, cauterising the stump and then expecting people to look at you playing with it.

How do you tune the fucking things anyway? I've never seen one of those guitars (apart from videos) so what is it, a bunch of hex screws on the stump of the neck, or what?

chefcraig
10-26-2010, 09:48 PM
How do you tune the fucking things anyway? I've never seen one of those guitars (apart from videos) so what is it, a bunch of hex screws on the stump of the neck, or what?

It's pretty goofy. Unlike regular guitar strings for normal guitars that have a ball at one end (like this o-----------), the Steinberger requires special strings that have a ball at each end (o-------------o). Essentially, the strings are clamped to the guitar at both ends, with tuning knobs at the bottom instead of at the top of the neck. Oh, and they are made out of the same material that police riot shields are made from.