X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

NC Democrat Makes Major Fuckup!

Um yes, he actually used a photograph of reenactors portraying WWII German Waffen SS soldiers for his campaign poster pandering to the military vote...

• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'll bet that idiot Teabagger from Ohio who likes to dress up in Nazi clothes will call him up and beg him for the picture.

Still, dumb move regardless......
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

I'll bet Speaker Boehner doesn't tread so heavily on the Constitution the way his predecessor did.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Even if his marketing company had got a correct picture it's a dumb poster.

'In combat you always want another soldier covering your back.'???

What the fuck has that to do with anything?

He's not going to be in combat, is he equating sitting in Washington with military combat?

And he's not even a soldier or a veteran anyway.

So his poster should say 'In combat you always want someone whose dad was a soldier sitting thousands of miles behind you'.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

And if you have no one covering your back in combat that means you are at the back.

Is that so bad?

Better than having everyone covering your back which means you're the sucker at the front setting off the IED.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Well the German MG-42 was the best light machine gun during WWII. Yup, I would like Hans or Dieter laying down cover fire and watching my back with one.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Even if his marketing company had got a correct picture it's a dumb poster.

'In combat you always want another soldier covering your back.'???

What the fuck has that to do with anything?

He's not going to be in combat, is he equating sitting in Washington with military combat?

And he's not even a soldier or a veteran anyway.

So his poster should say 'In combat you always want someone whose dad was a soldier sitting thousands of miles behind you'.
                Americans like to declare war on things. We have the war on terror. The war on drugs. The war on poverty. When my dad used to call me at college he always used to ask,"How goes the battle?" We often here our US Senators and Congressmen tell us they are going to go back to Washington and battle it out. So yeah, Americans view Washington DC as a political battle zone and when you have more politicians on your side you have someone watching your back so to say.

It's still a dumb campaign promotion though.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The War on Terror is an absolute fucking classic.

Declaring war on a feeling so inventing a war without end. The whole military industrial complex must have risen as one in a massive high five when that bullshit was invented. No need to worry about winning or the other side running out of money.

Beauty of it is that if people ever get fed up pissing away billions on nothing they can come up with something else like the War on Melancholy or the War on Tiredness.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Yup. I think the whole war fad is waning though. That whole fad started with daddy Bush and all the success in the Gulf War made us cocky. After that we were declaring war on everything. Then 9/11 happened and the angry ass kicking fest started. Once people started to realize our own government was turning on us, that whole vibe started to fade. I think more and more people are realizing how badly the American public got duped on the whole war and security thing.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I hope so. To an outsider the US seems to have an unhealthy obsession with her military.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Well the German MG-42 was the best light machine gun during WWII. Yup, I would like Hans or Dieter laying down cover fire and watching my back with one.
                        It wasn't a light machine-gun. It was either a medium MG or a general purpose machine-gun (worlds first and the inspiration for all such guns today)...

And it didn't matter you had on the Eastern Front...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          I hope so. To an outsider the US seems to have an unhealthy obsession with her military.
                          I agree. If your going to do a campaign poster featuring the military, at least show an "Army family" standing together smiling rather than some abstract scene of death and mayhem...

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Americans like to declare war on things. We have the war on terror. The war on drugs. The war on poverty. When my dad used to call me at college he always used to ask,"How goes the battle?" We often here our US Senators and Congressmen tell us they are going to go back to Washington and battle it out. So yeah, Americans view Washington DC as a political battle zone and when you have more politicians on your side you have someone watching your back so to say.

It's still a dumb campaign promotion though.
                            There certainly are not that many national anthems that mention "bombs bursting in air". Or were stolen from old drinking songs belonging to the enemy, for that matter.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              It wasn't a light machine-gun. It was either a medium MG or a general purpose machine-gun (worlds first and the inspiration for all such guns today)...

And it didn't matter you had on the Eastern Front...
                              You have sub machine guns, light machine guns, and heavy machine guns. A sub machine gun fires handgun rounds that are subsonic. An Uzi would be an example. A light machine gun fires rifle rounds like the 8mm Mauser or 30-06. The MG 42 would be an example. A heavy machine gun shoots heavy rounds and needs to be mounted to be fired. The Browning 50 caliber would be an example.

You are right that the MG 42 was a unique multipurpose machine gun that could be fired by one man or locked into a tripod. It was a unique system.

It was a wonderful gun on the Eastern Front but no weapon can make up for Hitler's insane and shitty strategy. When your commander in chief is a nut job, the best generals and weapons won't save you.

Comment

Working...